Help with Dogs Characters Names and portraits

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Help with Dogs Characters Names and portraits

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hello everyone, I would like some help with filling in character information for the Dogs characters. Right now I have three separate pages: I'll also make a page with all characters later. What I would like is help with:
  • Character portraits: do you have better ones than I do?
  • Character descriptions: do you have some interesting information about the characters?
If so, please post here or drop me an email (fugu at mangatranslation dot com.) Thanks!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

There are some entries for the Dogs: Bullets and Carnage character list that do not have portraits. Is anyone interested in helping out? Thanks.
Sapphiresky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sapphiresky »

well i got nothing better to do. i got most of them, if there were ones i didn't get its because i either didn't know which you were talking about or there was no pic :/

http://www.sendspace.com/file/50991u

btw, does your name mean "i want to eat fugu?"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thank you Sapphiresky. Yes, my name means "I wanna eat fugu".
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've gone back and updated http://mangatranslation.com/dogs/charac ... cters.html, the Dogs: Bullets and Carnage character list to reflect the changes through to chapter 30.

Now there are a bunch of characters that do not have any portrait! I know the people over at the livejournal dogs manga community have lots of super excellent character icons, so if you could help me fill in the blank spots, or give me better portraits than the ones I already have, that would be super excellent.

Come on community, help me improve my dogs website! (Which is probably one of the more well-known ones in English, so it would be nice to have a good character reference. I know it helps me when I'm translating at least!)
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

didn't Chapter 30 say that the mob boss Haine bit is Marcel Caselino? Shouldn't that be fixed, or is it there because of spoilers?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

lifestorm2 wrote:didn't Chapter 30 say that the mob boss Haine bit is Marcel Caselino? Shouldn't that be fixed, or is it there because of spoilers?
I think I had that character as Marcel Carselino from chapter 30 onwards. Do you mean some chapter prior to that?

I could fix it, but I don't really see the point because at the time it wasn't known who he was, and fixing it would take time that I don't have. I barely keep things running around here as it is. :)
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

Ah, I see, oh well, not that it matters much

and as requested, I made new character portraits for nearly every character in B&C (except for the minor few like the pig guy and others you didn't list on your character list; if you wish I could make some of those, too), I made them all 200x200 so that they'll look at least a bit regular as a list

here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/radisw

hopefully it's useful, I was thinking of doing character descriptions, too, but it seems like Sapphiresky already did them. No point in me adding legs to snakes.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

thanks, that is great! I'll try to update the list with these over the next week or two.

I've been writing chapter summaries as I go, and I actually think that I have chapter summaries for most of Dogs already. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks to deathlemon we now have portraits for Angelica Einstellsohn, Miss Freuling, and Lilly.

I also added one for Marcel Carselino.

If anyone wants to make portraits for Richter H. Berthein, Daniella, Herbst, Dave Nails, Wanya and Kashya that would be cool. Shoot, maybe I'll do it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If you check the Dogs bNc character list I've added a bunch of portraits. I've also added a few more character info tidbits. If I am missing anything, please let me know.

I am very happy to get feedback on this kind of stuff.

Also, I have added chapter summaries for volume 4. Please let me know if I can improve the summaries. http://mangatranslation.com/dogs/images ... tents.html