Drama CD?

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Drama CD?

Post by Tauchpanzer »

I was lurking around Ultra Jump's site to see if there was anything new, and I found this link: http://comics-news.shueisha.co.jp/common/dogs/

Which led to this: https://www.s-book.com/usbook/com2_yoya ... 363&kosu=0

I ran it through Google translator since I know absolutely no Japanese, and the only coherent thing I got was "drama CD". Is that what that link is for? Advertising for a drama cd?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yeah, they're making a drama CD (/ radio play) thing for Dogs it looks like. The first page has some information about the cast, they haven't decided on who Haine is yet, which sounds strange since the thing is supposed to go on sale July 10th.
ClassicTime
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by ClassicTime »

This month Dogs not release new chapter right? I wonder for along time,what drama CD for? I've heard about drama CD from many cartoon.But i still don't know what it for.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

oooooh! banzai! i'm going to go out and buy it though i don't know enough japanese to string together three words XD Just curious which voices they pick. I think this is a good sign though... they only make Drama CD's when the manga is getting a lil more recognition- ne?

http://comics-news.shueisha.co.jp/common/dogs/
eeh? there's a dogs official site now?!? so pretty... i nearly got duped into thinking they're making an anime, but it's a drama cd ^_^
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

FuguTabetai wrote:yeah, they're making a drama CD (/ radio play) thing for Dogs it looks like. The first page has some information about the cast, they haven't decided on who Haine is yet, which sounds strange since the thing is supposed to go on sale July 10th.
Wait - July 10th? I had a friend look at it and she said they're taking preorders, but it doesn't come out til October or something (preorders end Sept 2nd).

Also, a list of the VA's.

The seiyuu for Heine is not confirmed (still casting)
the seiyuu for Bado is Akira Ishida
Mihai will be voiced by Akio Otsuka
Naoto will be voiced by Shizuka Itou
Melvin Scrooge - Nakai Kazuya
Milena - Matsutani Kaya
Mimi - Shiraishi Ryouko
Ian - Yusa Kouji
Domino - Nishimura Tomomichi
Naoto's teacher (Fuyumine) - Koyama Rikiya
Lili- Satou Rina
Nill = Noto Mamiko
Bishop = Seki Toshihiko
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My mistake, the 07/10/22 date looked like July 10th to me. I wasn't parsing it very well. Yes, the CD comes out on 2007-10-22, preorders are going on now until 2007-09-02.

It sounds interesting. I might pick it up if it is cheap. It would be nice to have for my collection anyway.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

D8 I would preorder it but I haven't found a site that has international shipping for the stupid thing. Apparently you get a postcard and other art stuff with it? Sounds worth picking up, even if I can't understand Japanese....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Tauchpanzer wrote:D8 I would preorder it but I haven't found a site that has international shipping for the stupid thing. Apparently you get a postcard and other art stuff with it? Sounds worth picking up, even if I can't understand Japanese....
I just ordered, and when I registered with s-book.com (which you have to do) they have an option for people living overseas. It looks like they will happily ship to the address that you specify, but you have to know a bit of Japanese to get through the registration and then pre-ordering ritual. They do take credit cards though, so it should be possible.

I didn't see any mention of free stuff, but then again I haven't spent much time looking at this.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

FuguTabetai wrote:I just ordered, and when I registered with s-book.com (which you have to do) they have an option for people living overseas. It looks like they will happily ship to the address that you specify, but you have to know a bit of Japanese to get through the registration and then pre-ordering ritual. They do take credit cards though, so it should be possible.

I didn't see any mention of free stuff, but then again I haven't spent much time looking at this.
Really?? I had a friend just skimming through to see, so maybe she missed it. I'll have to check when she's got some free time.

And yeah - she said you get a postcard and some kind of illustration things with it.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

that's an interesting list. Some of the seiyuu are already my favorites, got to keep an eye for it.
Thanks for the info :)
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

eep! only a week more! :DD
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

I wasn't expecting that

Post by FuguTabetai »

I was not expecting this, but Saturday afternoon someone knocked at my door and dropped this off:

I had forgotten that I ordered it. I might give it a listen this weekend and let you know what I think.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

Ooh, that third scan looks really nice.

I thought it didn't come out until the 22nd, though... Aha, here's hoping they're shipping it out sooner.~
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I listened to the prologue. Production quality is really high, and it sounds great. Great sound effects, great voice acting.

But really, really hard to understand unless I pay attention. Sadly, this isn't something I can enjoy like I do manga: usually while I'm watching something on TV, I'll multi-task and translate. To understand this stuff, I have to really concentrate.

Still, it sounds great, so once I get a block of free time, I'll start in on it. The packaging is very nice, so I recommend it if you like to collect things. If you don't speak Japanese though -- and speak it well -- the actual CD content might not be so accessible.
exitdogs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by exitdogs »

Ahhh :shock:

Really Kwel!!

I think i'll order it as soon as possible.

i love it. haha

It's not limited edition,right?

!! O_o
[Sorry with my english, 'm not good at it so much.]
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I believe that they have stopped taking orders from the website, but maybe you can find it on regular websites? Since I have mine, I'm not in a rush to try to find out...
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

Amazon Japan is selling it. They do international shipping and I think were taking pre-orders.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

Double posting but eee~ my copy of the cd came in the mail yesterday and it's so awesome *A*!! I'm so glad I bought it!

Oh, and I bought volume 2 along with it, and it's got Hardcore Twins at the end, and at the very very end this picture was included. No clue what the text says but Luki and Noki are little artists, apparently?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

the comment is from Miwa Shirow, summarizing the history of this story (showed up in Ultra Jump MegaMix volume 1, and finally they appear in a dogs-related thing.) He likes the story a lot, even though he messed up with sleeve the weapons for Luki and Noki pop out of.
onikage
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by onikage »

hey, guys. i know it is inappropriate for me to ask this...but would you please rip the cd and upload the tracks on rapidshare?
i would love to order the disc myself but i cannot use my credit card to shop online, due to a security hold that my card company recently placed on overseas orders.

cheers!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

onikage wrote:hey, guys. i know it is inappropriate for me to ask this...but would you please rip the cd and upload the tracks on rapidshare?
I do not think that is appropriate. Please buy the CD, or at least do not ask further about getting a rip of it on this site. I'm a big fan of Miwa Shirow's work, and I hope that people try to support his work. I know it is hypocritical since I do distribute scans of the manga, but I hope that people who read my English translations are inspired to buy the Japanese tankobons. The quality is much higher, and it is a nice item to have.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

Yeah, what Fugu said. I'm not going to upload it either.
onikage
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by onikage »

all right. fair enough...i apologize for my ignorance. i'm a fan of miwa's hard work as well and i do support it. i own a copy of the first "bullets & carnage" volume. i only turned to asking about the cd on the forum because i cannot order it in the first place. i didn't mean to upset anyone.
CobraKiller
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CobraKiller »

i absolutely agree with both of you about not wanting to upload the whole thing; Dogs is an underappreciated series that needs to sell more merchandise, not less. But...could you pleeeease upload a short sample?
i know i'm being desperate, but my curiosity is killing me and besides, i don't see how that would be a bad thing. it might actually lure more people into buying the CD :)
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

CobraKiller wrote:i know i'm being desperate, but my curiosity is killing me and besides, i don't see how that would be a bad thing. it might actually lure more people into buying the CD :)
:x;; A sample might not hurt, though I have no idea how you go about editing an mp3.
onikage
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by onikage »

here's a link to a streamable sample http://www.s-cast.net/drama_stream/dogs-01.asx
exitdogs
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by exitdogs »

thk for sample

it make me ....

ah haine look gentle than i thought.

i thought he would like squall in ff8.

:lol:

his sound look like cloud strife -*-
[Sorry with my english, 'm not good at it so much.]
CobraKiller
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by CobraKiller »

onikage wrote:here's a link to a streamable sample http://www.s-cast.net/drama_stream/dogs-01.asx
wow, thanks!
sounds awesome
onikage
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by onikage »

don't mention it :)
danchik
Yuurei
Yuurei

((

Post by danchik »

the track seems be useless already =(

Even i don't speak jp it is a pity =((
danchik
Yuurei
Yuurei

About the fugu's comments

Post by danchik »

I know it is hypocritical since I do distribute scans of the manga, but I hope that people who read my English translations are inspired to buy the Japanese tankobons. The quality is much higher, and it is a nice item to have.

In fact you should consider, that if not your scan/translations, much people would even know about this wonderfull art!
So you should consider yours self as a promouter of Jp culture hehehehehe

Of course i agree with your position about the CD - that is complitely correct!

I fact several times i tried to order some piece of manga that i liked, but found it just too difficult to do it from Russia. .. oh well , that an
Offtop - sorry =)[/quote]
Spikeygal
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spikeygal »

Would anyone kindly update the stream, please? Or better yet, does anyone know of any mp3s of the CD? I'm having a hard time finding it anywhere other than amazon.jp (6,000 yen is a little steep at the moment. ^_^; )
Kaede Kei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kaede Kei »

I was looking for the translation of the epilogue... do some one know where can I find it?
Nankurunaisa
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

drama cd volume 2

Post by FuguTabetai »

by the way, the second Dogs drama CD arrived tonight.

I *still* have not had time to listen to the first one.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

It's already out??

Fffuuuck I completely forgot!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Track listing for CD 2

Post by FuguTabetai »

CD 2 follows essentially the same plot as Dogs: Bullets and Carnage. Here is the track listing:

Prologue
Opening
White Hair & Eyepatch
Maiden & Eisen
Wounded & Flawless
Smack & Down
Blade & Bullet
Cowardly & Proud
Servant & Strayer
Ending
INTERMISSION
Extra / HARDCORE TWINS
Bonus

It came with two great postcards. Also, this month's Ultra Jump came with a Dogs: Bullets and Carnage cardboard "box" that can hold the two CDs, and 3 manga volumes (I think - I haven't tried to put it together or shove in the stuff I own. My manga has all been cut and debound for scanning anyway. :P )
Spikeygal
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spikeygal »

Considering the last track is Ending, anyone think this is the last we'll see of drama CDs for Dogs? I hope not, but I'm kinda interested in whether or not they've just made a shorter story on the second CD... if that makes sense. I'm probably talking rubbish. xD

I can't wait to hear it - Christmas can't come fast enough!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

those are the chapters directly from the first few Dogs: B&C chapters, so I'm pretty sure that we'll see more CDs.
Spikeygal
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spikeygal »

Fantastic. :D Thanks, Fugu.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

Too bad I don't get Ultra Jump. I could use the box.