New Chapter discussion

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

New Chapter discussion

Post by FuguTabetai »

If anyone wants to talk about the new chapters, this is a good place to do it.

For myself, I had a hard time figuring out who the guy with the messed up face was. I had to go back and check to get the name Marcel Carselino because I didn't have a picture of him on my character list. I have to update that pretty soon.

I also need to make a new volume, since volume 4 is coming out soon and I've just been throwing the new chapters into that.
gloomy07
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by gloomy07 »

Well, I'm really glad that nothing happened to Mimi and that the police came in time. No telling what Magato would have done as he is like...crazy...

I wonder where the Bishop is, I couldn't believe it when he turned out to have the same last name as Haine...

Lots of interesting plots twists are showing up now, Giovanni is planning something...what?? And with the introduction of Herbst, I wonder if Badou will get his revenge...

As for Marcel Carselino, I'm surprised that he has shown up as much as he does, I figured he would disappear forever after his first introduction...maybe he will turn out to be important later....or maybe he will become some kind of comic relief like what happened with the Borudoune boss in Dogs Vol. 1
applepeach
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by applepeach »

Miwa's making longer chapters, I hope that keeps going.

Onto the chapters:

Is it me, or does Haine seem to care less and less about his distance to Naoto... Miwa's been drawing them closer and closer. O.O

Magato's on the move... I'm excited to see when he and Naoto cross paths again.

I really want to know more about Giovani's past (More of his side of the story).

EVEN Naoto's getting Lolitafied! O.O Haine's reaction... priceless.
Man, Badou's past has come back to haunt him. ~_~
AND Mimi, poor thing.

I want to see the outcome of this scene soon. Here's to Badou getting some revenge (though I doubt he'll completely do so this early in the series)...
Oh, and Giovani's paying a visit soon...? Hopefully.
Carselino *nods in disapointment* coming to Liza-baba's place and storming it.

I have a theory about this scene.... Naoto'll be changing or might already be done... Carselino will bust inside the "Cafe"... Haine will hear the commotion from outside, storm into the building and maybe see Naoto half-naked or already changed in some Lolita outfit. Whatever the outcome, I'm waiting for the next chapter anxiously.

hmm... maybe I'm day dreaming too much into this theory, I'm starting to see it as foolish and even stupid... whatever the case, I'll wait until next chapter for the real deal.

~_~
(~_~)
sei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sei »

first of all: thank you for translation!

chapter was full of surprises. like wtf, Badou mentioned Heine? and what Earnest doing at professor's?
concerning Mihai's sudden appearance I wasn't surprised at all)

I can be wrong, but I think that one page is missing (Freuling one).
no soul to sell. sorry.

ps: my engRish is all wrong...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

sei wrote:37

I can be wrong, but I think that one page is missing (Freuling one).
I think you are right. I doubled one page while scanning and missed another. Bummer!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

sorry, I missed two pages (well, one page front and back) in the last chapter. If anyone has a scan of it, please let me know. I threw mine out ages ago.

Also, no Dogs in Ultra Jump for March. :(
K_tsura
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by K_tsura »

Some raws were posted over here at the LJ comm: http://community.livejournal.com/dogs_m ... tml#cutid1 Well they're not exactly scans per say, but if you cant find any proper scans I still dont think there will be any much griping about it XD (At least not from me xP)
Hramm
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Hramm »

Cleaned missing cam raw:

Hope this help. ^^
applepeach
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by applepeach »

I just went over the RAW for chapter 45.

WOW! We finally see Giovanni's eyes. :3

And new characters that I believe might hold some answers for Naoto. O.O
(~_~)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yeah I have the new UJ waiting for me back in Tokyo and I've scanned in the last few chapters. So I should have some more stuff on deck.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Man, I'm pretty behind. The good news is that I've been putting some time into translation lately. I just finished chapters 43 and 44. But I've got up to 47 scanned.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I enjoyed the last 5 chapters (up to chapter 47.) Really feels like Miwa Shirow has got a real plan for the series, and is starting to put more behind the mythos and world in the series. Interesting.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Chapter 51

Post by FuguTabetai »

I really liked Chapter 51. Lots of exposition. I am really starting to get interested in the world this story takes place in. Well, that is what attracted me to it back in 2001, but it is getting interesting.
cg
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by cg »

Hey, thanks for your hard work as usual! But I have to ask anyway: will there be a chance to see the chapter in japanese?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I can post my script up if you are interested. I have the original scans around here somewhere too, but most people who was to read the Japanese should just buy it. I guess that isn't possible for some people (not in Japan or whatever.)
cg
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by cg »

Yeah, a script would do just fine, thank you!

I'm unfortunately a loooong ways from Japan, here it's one hell of challenge to try and get something from there TT-TT
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

cg
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by cg »

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated! :D
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

erm erm hello Fuguu ;u;
I have a little question for you... Could you scan the chapter 52 please?
Clearly nobody I know have the Ultra jump and I searched a lot to see that nobody scanned the raw... :X
Take your time!
We love you Fugu :O
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I plan to get to it this weekend.
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

Really Fugu? You're an angel! 8D
We don't know what we could you without you!
Thank you so much :D
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

Fugu erm...
Yeah stupid begger is here >:....
Erm erm do you plan the next chapters and such? :X
It's just to tell our LJ community about it D: because we're a little bit worried about what will happen now...

But we know you're a busy man! We can wait. Hell we can. <:

Thanks for reading!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Webcamshadow wrote: Erm erm do you plan the next chapters and such? :X
uh. well, since I started translating the Dogs tank in 2003, I haven't missed a chapter yet. I might not be the fastest guy around, but I'm reliable.

I thought about bringing my laptop to Fuji Rock, but in the ended didn't. Had a great time up in the mountains listening to music over the weekend though.

I did also scan in the chapter last weekend, but still haven't gotten around to cleaning it (wanted to finish last month's Tenjo Tenge first before cleaning this month's TJTG and Dogs.)
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

Awww I climbed a mountain too this weekend. It's such a great thing to do <3.

Ahah! It's true that Tenjou Tenge was the priority this month. I overheard that it was the last chapter around?

Thank you for the information! It's very much appreciated! :D
Spikeygal
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spikeygal »

Hey Fugu, any chance you could post a download for your raws? They're really good practice for me, even if the kanji devour my soul. xD Hope you had a great time at Fuji Rock.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'll probably be done with Dogs in the next two to three days, and wasn't planning on putting together and uploading the raws.
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

Oh my god thank you so much for the 53 <3
This chapter was great.
Poor Gio who draw flowers he never saw;A;

I want to hug him <3
Webcamshadow
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Webcamshadow »

Hm, I don't really want to upload this because I had to translate on my windows machine (output doesn't look as good as on my Mac) and I get the feeling that I forgot to run my cleanup script over these, but I won't be back in Japan for a month. Since I figure people would rather see something than nothing, I'll put these up.

Note that I am out of town for the next month, and won't get to the November chapter until I return to Japan.
Aww. <3 Thanks a lot for the chapter and take care of yourself :D!
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

thank you for translation
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Back in the saddle again

Post by FuguTabetai »

It's been a while, but I've had some time to translate recently (on a business trip so I have a bit more free time than at home, and the plane ride from Tokyo to California is pretty long.)

I've really been enjoying these last few chapters. I think some other groups have been translating recent chapters so most people have probably read more than I (I'm up to chapter 67 now: http://mangatranslation.com/dogs/images ... tents.html) but I have to re-affirm that this is my absolute favorite manga series that I'm currently reading.

Well, it is the only one, aside from the other Ultra Jump stuff that is in the same magazine.