Just saying hi.

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
Gunshot
Yuurei
Yuurei

Just saying hi.

Post by Gunshot »

I registered so that I could let you know (largely in reaction to your previous post) that I am sincerely grateful to you for having released Dogs all these years. Regarding this manga I am more grateful only to, of course, Miwa Shirow. It has always been at least one of my favorite mangas, and has at times been my favorite of them all. It has one of the most original visual styles of any of the mangas that I have seen that still stay roughly within the default and traditional character style. There's something constantly exciting about the characters alone - what they do plot-wise is just a big bonus.

Anyway, thanks. I'm still enthusiastically reading and never would have started if it hadn't been for you posting the original series all those years ago.

I do think the eventfulness is dropped a bit though... it seems like we've been stuck forever without any characters really doing anything... not even really interacting with each other. I'm still hooked, but maybe other people are getting bored with this plot lull.

Also, is Dogs really going to be anime? Because, wow.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

yes, Dogs will have some OAVs coming out at some point. That should be pretty cool.

I think Dogs has a reasonable fan base, but they don't hang out here.

I still need to get my scanning technique up to par. I do a good job with blacks now, but it kills most detail. One of the things I really like about Miwa Shirow's art style is that it is so clean and simple though, so it works ok for now.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

I don't think it helps that the manga is only one chapter a month, and that they tend to be kind of short. I hope it picks up, though.
Spikeygal
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spikeygal »

^ Do mangas change from monthly to weekly at all, though? It'd be good if Dogs made it to a weekly. Actually, if I'm wishing for things, it'd be good if I could read weekly Dogs raw. :P

Looking forward to the next chapter for now, though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I haven't seen manga change from monthly to weekly, but I also haven't been looking for them.

I have the next chapter scanned in, and should start translating it at some point.
ClassicTime
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by ClassicTime »

One of manga that changed from monthly to weekly that i know is
'Claymore'
but now it released on monthly again = ='''