more DOGS out there than you think!

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
tienkou

more DOGS out there than you think!

Post by tienkou »

Good news for all folks craving for more of Shiro Miwa's gorgeous manga. He drew a short story in an ultrajump compilation called ultrajump megamix. It features 2 characters called crazy twins set in the same dogs world. Here's how the tankabon looks like.

http://www.jingoro.demon.co.uk/ultrajump.html

i cant read japanese. If someone would translate it now that i've brought it to their attention... *HINT *HINT.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Yes, I read about this on Miwa Shirow's website, but I don't have it, so I can't translate it. I haven't tried to find scans out in the wild, but with good enough scans, I could translate it. It would be fun.

fugu
MAGI_WOoSH

MORE AND MORE!!!

Post by MAGI_WOoSH »

i just saw at the animereactor forum the Miwa Shirou is continuing Dog's!!!!!!!! it may take some time till its finished... but its good news =)

oh... by the way.... ty ty fugu tabetai..... u really make my life better... =P
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If anyone does have the DOGS short from the Ultrajump Megamix, I would happily translate it.

cheers,

fugu
kronik
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kronik »

wow, i was just gonna read a lil bit but i just read it through in one go... great job on translating this one... but i just went mad when i read that it wouldn't be continued on the last page! so i dashed over here and i am sooooo relieved! i hope this takes off soon, 'cause this is defenatly a manga worth buying!!!!!! (if he changes the cover, that is :))
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

What's wrong with the cover? I like it...

fugu

Re: MORE AND MORE!!!

Post by Guest »

MAGI_WOoSH wrote:i just saw at the animereactor forum the Miwa Shirou is continuing Dog's!!!!!!!! it may take some time till its finished... but its good news =)

really? tha will be awesome, that`s such a cool manga, i just finish it and i want more, what a good news.
heinenmd

Post by heinenmd »

I just ordered that and should have it within 2 weeks. I;m not very good at scanning but I would try since I can't read japanese!
battlemonkey
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by battlemonkey »

heinenmd wrote:I just ordered that and should have it within 2 weeks. I;m not very good at scanning but I would try since I can't read japanese!
wahoo!!! thank you dude! you just made my day.
heinenmd

Post by heinenmd »

I received the book. It has some pretty good manga. The Dogs one introduces 2 new characters while mixing in a few old ones. I can't understand what they are saying though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

heinenmd wrote:I received the book. It has some pretty good manga. The Dogs one introduces 2 new characters while mixing in a few old ones. I can't understand what they are saying though.
Hi Heinenmd, if you can scan it in and get it to me, I can translate it for you. I'll give you what tips I can on scanning. When scanning black and white manga, it is best to set the scanner to correct for contrast and black levels and such. So you should set it to black and white mode, and play around with the contrast, black level, white level, etc. It is always different for each scanner.

I scan all my stuff in at 300dpi, and save in a lossless format (used to be TIFF, but now I use PNG since it is smaller.) Then I later convert to JPG. So if you can scan to 300 dpi PNGs with good contrast that would be perfect.

If you can't though, get me what you can, and I'll let you know if I can read it... :)

Best way is to email me (fugu at fugutabetai.com)

cheers,

fugu
heinenmd

Post by heinenmd »

RIght! I'll work on it and see what I can get.
battlemonkey
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by battlemonkey »

my my, so that means we`re going to see more dogs??? yaaaay.

Post by Guest »

PLease somebody translate dogs , or else i am gona lose my mind :shock: DO SOMETHING!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:PLease somebody translate dogs , or else i am gona lose my mind :shock: DO SOMETHING!!!
I would translate more DOGS if I had any. But I don't. There is only a small chapter posted in an anthology volume. I don't have the anthology volume.

DOGS is scheduled to continue, but there probably won't be another tankobon for a while...

fugu
Heinenmd

Post by Heinenmd »

GAHG! Sorry everyone I completely forgot! I'll start scanning today!
battlemonkey
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by battlemonkey »

Heinenmd wrote:GAHG! Sorry everyone I completely forgot! I'll start scanning today!
soo?? *_* more dogs is coming????
HEINENMD

Post by HEINENMD »

YES I AM! MY COMPUTER is messed up. I will try to get it done soon but it will probablly be at least a few days!
battlemonkey
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by battlemonkey »

ooohhh!!! dun worry, take your time ^__^ yaaaaay!!
rikasa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by rikasa »

Hmm, so did he ever scan it in? ^^;
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

No, but I received the scans from Lanny from the group Furinkazan. I'll release Dogs: Hardcore Twins later this week, and Furinkazan will probably put out their own release from my translations (that they manually edit in) themselves a bit later.
rikasa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by rikasa »

All right, that's great! Thanks a lot, I'm excited now... ^^
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

You should be. I really like "Hardcore Twins." I really Dogs actually; it's my favorite manga. I love Miwa Shirou's art style - the use of light and dark is just amazing, and his tones are so clean. Anyway, you can expect Hardcore Twins like... tomorrow or thereabouts.
battlemonkey
Yuurei
Yuurei

YAAAAAYYY

Post by battlemonkey »

THERE IS A GOD THANK YOU!!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

And I've just released it. You can find the link from the Dogs section of Mangatranslation.com. Cheers,

fugu
Aelwine

Post by Aelwine »

Thank you so much !!! *o*
Seriously I've been dying for months, since the time I learned there was more Dogs then the only tankobon out in fact ^^;;

It's also one of my fav manga, I just love Miwa Shirou's arts, the way he depicts action is simply awesome

anyway could someone tell me in which issue of Ultra Jump this was published, I alrdeay got my hand on the tankobon, but I was wondering if I could try to find the Ultra Jump ^^

And once again thanks for bringing it for us ^^
rikasa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by rikasa »

All right, thank you so much! I really enjoyed that. And I agree, the action sequences are always awesome.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Aelwine wrote:Thank you so much !!! *o*
Seriously I've been dying for months, since the time I learned there was more Dogs then the only tankobon out in fact ^^;;

It's also one of my fav manga, I just love Miwa Shirou's arts, the way he depicts action is simply awesome

anyway could someone tell me in which issue of Ultra Jump this was published, I alrdeay got my hand on the tankobon, but I was wondering if I could try to find the Ultra Jump ^^

Ultra Jump Mega-Mix. There is a link to the info page in the README.txt that I included.
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

From that UJ Megamix, any chance we'll see that Oh!Great short that was in there as well ? :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Fulsion wrote:From that UJ Megamix, any chance we'll see that Oh!Great short that was in there as well ? :D
Didn't know there was one in there - I don't have it. That's why it's a joint with Furinkazan. they got me the scans.
Aelwine

Post by Aelwine »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Aelwine wrote:Thank you so much !!! *o*

Ultra Jump Mega-Mix. There is a link to the info page in the README.txt that I included.
I saw that, thanks ^^
I was just too thrilled up and wrote my previous comment during the downloading of the chapter XD

Once again, thanks for all, it was an awesome chapter, and I sure hope we'll be able to see more of Dogs in a near future *o*
LordZero

Post by LordZero »

Sorry if my english is bad.., i found this link http://7ths.moo.jp/dogs/ on the site of Shirow Miwa,the first thing i see in the site is the link books and i found this http://7ths.moo.jp/dogs/books/index.html wtf is inurix reloaded? and the cover of vol.2 is very...kill bill ^_^U
it seems to be a parody of dogs i dont know, i cant read japonese so if anyone can tell what is this or translate the books, please tell me, i want another vol, cap or parody of dogs,dogs is my drug in this moment.

Again:Sorry if my english is bad, i'm portuguese and my english is a bit lamme ^_^
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Those are doujinshi. They are not widely distributed, I certainly don't have any, and I don't think there are any scans out there.