Page 38 of Dogs

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
Sol

Page 38 of Dogs

Post by Sol »

Perhaps this question has already been answered and I just missed it, but I was wondering about page 01_038 of Dogs. The page has the scene where both Mihai and Ian have turned to shoot at the assassin above, but then near the bottom of the page there is just a blank white box. Can anyone tell me if there was originally something in the box text-wise, etc? Just curious.

Thanks!
Sol
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

blank in the original.

fugu
Juke Joint Jezebel

Post by Juke Joint Jezebel »

i noticed that too, but just assumed it was a break. if Dogs was an anime, the blank box would shift the scene into a white screen, or maybe take a moment to focus on the clear, bleak sky

the blank box is nice. i don't see it much in graphic novels, but when it does come up, it gives you a moment to pause and absorb the situation, without giving you a new picture that may spoil the mood

but i think i'm reading too much into this

anyways, i don't know how much you get this, but, god, thank you for translating Dogs. i had the scans on my hard drive for the past year or so, but didn't bother reading it until last month. this is easily one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. i will ruin my pants and pass a bowel movement if i hear of any news of localization

to think, i would've never discovered this incredible story and stylish artist had someone not posted that Turks fanart in 4chan ♪♪
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Juke Joint Jezebel wrote:anyways, i don't know how much you get this, but, god, thank you for translating Dogs.
Almost never.
Juke Joint Jezebel wrote:this is easily one of the most beautiful things i have ever seen. i will ruin my pants and pass a bowel movement if i hear of any news of localization
I agree; I really like the style, and the world that Miwa Shirow has created. I've been excited that Dogs is supposed to be serialized in Ultra Jump again, but it hasn't come to pass yet. I should check out his website again, and see what is going on.
Juke Joint Jezebel wrote: to think, i would've never discovered this incredible story and stylish artist had someone not posted that Turks fanart in 4chan ♪♪
Who? Can't say that I frequent 4chan, but I like the idea of Dogs fanart.