Tamashii
Tamashii

New chapters from Miwa Shirow's Dogs?

Post by underdark »

Hi ppl,

I was visiting Miwa's site and bumped into this:

集英社ウルトラジャンプã￾«ã￾¦ã€Œç‹—-DOGS-ã€￾ä¸￾定期掲載。
 2004年より連載開始ã￾«å￾‘ã￾‘å￾ªä»Šæº–備中

From what I could understand, does this say that Dogs is being serialized in Shueisha Ultra Jump and that it is going to start being published in 2004?

Does anyone have any news about it? I tried Shueisha homepage, but couldn't find anything in that damn japanese site speaking of Dogs...

[]'s
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

This is the same note that has been up there for a while. It says that Dogs is supposed to see intermittant serialization in Ultra Jump in 2004, (clearly that never happened) but doesn't have any new news.

I didn't see anything on his site relating to Dogs either (a shame - I really like that manga.)
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

I saw some pics showing covers of mags, something related to Dogs, could this be other history different than the first volume? Maybe start of volume 2 or some side story? By the pages that is there in the site don't appear to be the same volume 1.

I can't really read Japanese, so I'm not sure...

The site is http://7ths.moo.jp/dogs/

Does anyone have heard anything about this?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Those are just covers from doujinshi. They're old - they were around back when I translated Dogs in the first place. It's pretty popular - at least, it ihas its following on the net - but there hasn't been any new news about serialization. I read Miwa Shirow's diary every once in a while, and he hasn't mentioned anything. (Hasn't been posting much lately either though.)

He has some other works that I've been meaning to chase down, but I don't have the time.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Hm.. I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. You know, not being able to read japanese is a pain in the ass when trying to find some manga.

Btw, do you know where I can find some of this doujinshi? The pages in this site appears to be very hilarious.

Since I read Dogs, I become very interested in Miwa Shirow's works, so would you mind sharing some of his other titles so I can help you chase them down?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just recently he put out a 20 page short from the DOGS world in "m.m.m.WORKS vol.5" that features Mimi as the main character. If you can get that (it is basically a doujinshi from the Comitia 71 (コミティア) comic convention in February I think. It was under the auspicies of "委託 Fscã￾•ã‚“ã￾®å￾ŒäººèªŒ" - so that is the circle that the work is associated with.

Part of the "Androgynous Play" world (?) published in August 2004 「パラドクスã￾®é￾“標ã€￾- "The paradoxical signpost" that has a nice cover illustration with it. Maybe it is manga, I don't know; the line under that says it is a 44 page full color book. If you find out about it, please let me know. It is Shyojo though.

Took part in Comike 66 and published an original collection 「m.m.m.WORKS ver4.+color editionã€￾First edition Feb. 22, 2004, reprinted in August. It has a full color DOGS story.

2003 saw 「ã￾„ã￾°ã‚‰ã￾®å¤©äº•ã€￾ ("The Thron Ceiling") as part of the "Androgynous Play" world, a 44 page full color deal.

That is what is listed. He's done some of ther doujinshi stuff I think. Let me know what you find out.

By the way, in his diary he said again that he wasn't able to get DOGS in Ultra Jump this year (possibly due to health reasons - he wasn't working for a while) but is trying again for 2005. There was a drawing for some DOGS related stuff in Ultra Jump recently, so it doesn't look like they are giving up on him.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Oh, and the kanji for his name is "三輪"
Kotonoha
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kotonoha »

Now it's official. "Dogs" will restart in Ultra Jump magazine as of the July issue (on sale June 18th). Check out the announcement here:
http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/UJ102/UJ102NextIssue.html
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

That is totally excellent. Something to look forward to.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

OMG... does this mean there will be new chapters each month?
Anyways, I totally worship Dogs. Awesome.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Does anyone know if there are scans of the Dogs chapter out? I would love to translate that.

(Sometime after I finish my phd defense which is in four hours.)
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Man, i can't wait for that... it is really a fascinating story. It will be continued from where it left off, right?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

underdark wrote:Man, i can't wait for that... it is really a fascinating story. It will be continued from where it left off, right?
I don't know; I haven't seen it yet.