Miwa Shirou's disappearence

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
roxiemusic
Yuurei
Yuurei

Miwa Shirou's disappearence

Post by roxiemusic »

Miwa Shirou put "Dogs" on hold for four years before taking it up again. Does anyone know for sure, or does anyone know of any rumors, why there was such a large gap between serialization? A couple of my favorite artists have stopped work temporarly either because they had problems with their editors, moved their work to a new publisher, or were sick. But four years is a long time. Has anyone heard anything?

(I'm new, by the way. Hey all!)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Nice to meet you roxiemusic. :D I'm not sure what the deal was. I just assumed he stopped. If anything happend like you mentioned I'm not aware of it. Maybe someone else knows...
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I have no idea. I could try to sort through his website and figure it out (it might be in his "diary" portion) but I don't particularly have the inclination to do that.
roxiemusic
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by roxiemusic »

Definately don't feel that you have to page through his site to find out, although I might (I should exercise my Japanese more anyway). If I do happen to find out anything, I'll share.

Post by Guest »

Hmm, doesn't he mention at the end of the first volume that it took him a year to finish, and that theres still tons of things he dislikes about it? A year is an awfull long time just to put out one volumes worth of manga... and to still be unsatisfied with the result?

For some reason Im just reading Miwa Shirou as a person who tends to put things off and be really disinclined to finish what he started, but mostly since Im exactly like that myself. It takes me a month to finish drawing a days worth of manga, and after that I tend to just drop projects entirely. I can't be the only person in the world who acts like that...

Of course there are probably other reasons, especially considering he's a professional, but who knows XP