eto...do you still need scans for chappie 6?

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
faraway-temp

eto...do you still need scans for chappie 6?

Post by faraway-temp »

i can ask around and get some i think, but does scanslator-san still need them?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I haven't found any scans for any chapters after 5. So if you can get scans for chapter 6 (and 7, which should be out now) I would love to translate them.
faraway-temp

Post by faraway-temp »

thank you ^^ i'll ask the person i had in mind :P he seemed a little iffy on it, so i'll ask some other raw providers that scan manga serialized in ultra-jump if he doesn't want to do to ^^ i'll try my best :P
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Thanks, I'm sure lots of Dogs fans would appreciate it! I'm just too busy myself now to source all the stuff that I would like to translate (I'm too busy to translate right now for that matter.)
faraway-temp

Post by faraway-temp »

:P the person i'm going to ask hasn't got back from vacation yet, but i did find a raw scanning site that scans from ultra-jump (and not for thier scanslations), and they seem pretty nice ^.^ >.<
http://www.point-blank.cc:7001
:) still looking though ^^ i'm not familiar with asking big raw providers, but just a heads up ^^ I'm scouring irc channels at the moment, some people just happen to have raws of things that weren't released online ^^

Post by Guest »

found someone :P he said he'd be happy to scan them, but he needs to know where to buy ultra jump ;P

Post by Guest »

in japan or what? cause you can buy them (in japan) anywhere, in newspaper stands, convenience stores, etc.
nefadol
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nefadol »

I could probably scan future chapters if I get a subscription, but getting ahold of older chapters is a bit tricky (internet is really my only option). It doesn't look like the normal raw providers have much interest in the series, sadly.

J-List/J-Box does have Ultra Jump subscriptions available.

Post by Guest »

sadly, i really hope someone scans them =(

btw! if anyone needs help i can try to help!(however i can't subscribe to Ultra jump and/or scan the chapters, don't have money XD)

Post by Guest »

^ that's me, lifestorm2 =P
nefadol
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nefadol »

Well, I'm thinking of getting a subscription on Monday. I can probably do the next issue and we'll see where it goes from there. I won't guarantee being a permanent raw provider, it really depends on my budget. It being a monthly series makes it a bit easier on me.

If I can't find the older issues, I'll just have to wait until they're released in a tankoubon.

[edit] Question: what is the issue number that chapter 6 is in?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nefadol wrote:[edit] Question: what is the issue number that chapter 6 is in?
It was in the December issue I believe. I have that issue though (the one with Chapter 6) so I could send it somewhere if someone wanted to scan it.
nefadol
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nefadol »

I could scan it if you send it to me. I'll try and hunt down the January issue, otherwise I think I'll subscribe for the next issue and scan that as well.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nefadol wrote:I could scan it if you send it to me. I'll try and hunt down the January issue, otherwise I think I'll subscribe for the next issue and scan that as well.
So here I was about to run to the post office to mail my December Ultra Jump out, and I just noticed that Dogs wasn't in the December issue. It was on break that month.

I'm not sure if the January issue has Dogs or not - I don't have it. So, if anyone has the January issue, or knows whether Dogs appeared in the January issue, please speak up!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

And a quick check of the Shyueisha website shows that Dogs did indeed make an appearance in the January issue. The Feb. issue comes out in about a week on the 19th, so it should still be possible to get the Jan. issue in.

I'll ask my usual suspects to see if they have it.
nefadol
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nefadol »

Okay, I'll get a subscription to get the February issue and leave finding the January issue to you. I won't be able to get it until around 2 weeks after it's released due to shipping, but I should be able to get it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I will not hunt down the January issue; I have to get a work visa, move to Japan, and start a new job in the next two weeks.

Hopefully the two people I asked about scans will have them.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I just heard from Xing, who has supplied scans in the past. I should have chapter 6 scans in two days or so. Thanks, Xing!
nefadol
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by nefadol »

I will not hunt down the January issue; I have to get a work visa, move to Japan, and start a new job in the next two weeks.
That's fine, I should have worded that differently. I meant that if those that you asked had it, then I wouldn't look for it. If they didn't, then I'd try and see if I could find it, otherwise I'll scan the February issue.

But that's irrelevant now, as Xing is going to scan it as you said. Do you still need the February issue?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nefadol wrote: But that's irrelevant now, as Xing is going to scan it as you said. Do you still need the February issue?
In general, I have been getting scans about 2 weeks or so after Ultra Jump comes out from Xing, and sometimes Chemiberry, but they haven't really committed to supply scans for me.

I'm moving to Japan, but will not be able to scan things, so will continue to rely on fans for scans. But since I'm also just a fan that translates, it seems to have been working out pretty well. :)

Post by Guest »

yay! =P

sorry for being a useless noob =X
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just an update. Thanks to Xing, I've got scans for Dogs B&C Chapter 6. I've got to clean the pages up but I will start translating soon. I've got some programming I'd like to get done first though, so it might be a few days before I get anything out.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

i can finally stop burning candles more dogs thanks xing
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Thanks for the chapter

Post by Starakin »

Fugu, people were asking in the channel if there's an edited version of chapter 6.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Thanks for the chapter

Post by FuguTabetai »

Starakin wrote:Fugu, people were asking in the channel if there's an edited version of chapter 6.
Isn't that what I released? I should check that.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hm, nope I released the untranlsated scans. I'll fix that now.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Great chapter, even though it's short. Interesting to see what happens next.

Post by Guest »

thanks