Welcome to Hells Angels

A forum to discuss the manga Hells Angels by Hiromoto Sin-ichi.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Welcome to Hells Angels

Post by FuguTabetai »

So what's the story behind Hells Angels? Well, I'm currently in Japan and when browsing around I found a manga that caught my eye. It had pretty nice design and very nice presentation. It also happened to run in Ultra Jump which is pure coincidence, but kind of amusing.

I picked up the first volume, and really enjoyed it. It follows conventions in some ways, but in general I really like the atmosphere and style. So I decided it would be fun to translate, but I don't have a scanner here. A quick post over on the manganews.net forums and I found that Tama-chan Scans would be willing to scan it, so I sent them the book, and we embarked on a joint translation project.

Tama-chan Scans should be releasing the first chapter shortly (on Sunday, which it is here in Tokyo now) so please check it out. Otherwise, you can get a small flavor of what it looks like over at the MangaTranslation.com Hells Angels site, but there isn't really too much content there. Just the standard things I usually have (character lists, text translations, crappy web design.)

I hope you guys enjoy the series. I think it fits in quite well with Vulgar Ghost Daydream and some of the other stuff I've done around here.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Read the first chapter. Good stuff Fugu. :D Any idea how many volumes Hells Angels is?
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

From the pics seems kind of a fun story :)

But if its like VGD it already have my approval. Lets give it a good look.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hollowshingami wrote:Read the first chapter. Good stuff Fugu. :D Any idea how many volumes Hells Angels is?
Three volumes are out in Japan, and I believe the third volume concludes the series. I'm currently halfway through the second volume, so I won't be sure until I actually read the third, but that is what it looks like.

I've got a lot of stuff to keep me busy translating. I need to start on VGD again, but because I'm up to all this mahjong stuff, I have to do a bit of research before I can start translating. Heh.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

it's a unique and eye-cathing title. Looking forward for more. Thanks for the release!
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

I'm intrigued, but I can't seem to be able to find a link to the torrent on the Tamascans page. Help, please.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

siedhr wrote:I'm intrigued, but I can't seem to be able to find a link to the torrent on the Tamascans page. Help, please.
Hm, did you take a look at irc? I got it there. You can use irc, right?
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

Yes, I can use irc, though I prefer other means. I'll look it up on irc. Thanks.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Finished chapter 2 translation

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just a note that I finished translating chapter 2 yesterday. Tama-chan scans wanted higher quality edits than my "auto-edits" so hopefully they'll have it ready in a week or so. I'll probably pop out chapter 3 tomorrow or Friday.

I'm about halfway through reading Hells Angels volume 3, and I really like the series. It has a very interesting take on the Judeo-Christian mythos, and is coming to a really conclusive ending by volume 3 (the last volume.) Really interesting series I think.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I finished translating Chapter 3 today, and looks like tamachan-scans have scanned chapter 4, so I can start on that.

I finished reading the final volume (3) the other day, and I really like the entire story. I think you guys will enjoy it as well.

Tama-chan scans should be releasing chapter 2 this Sunday, I'll make a Chapter Release Announcement sticky thread when that happens.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just finished translating Chapter 5. Now I can go and do some work on Vulgar Ghost Daydream.

I hope you all are enjoying Hells Angels. I've read the entire series, and I really think it has an interesting story line. Going back a second time and translating it, I see a lot of subtle things in it, and it has a very interesting take on Western and Eastern mythos and religion.
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

I've read the first chapter and liked it. I'm starting on the next chapters today.
Thanks for a fine manga, Fugu.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Finished translating volume 1

Post by FuguTabetai »

I finished translating volume 1 today. Tama-chan scans should be putting out chapter 6 soon, and then they will have to edit chapter 7. I'm really enjoying this series, I'm looking forward to translating volume 2 when I get the scans.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Just an update. I finished translating the last chapter in volume 2 today, so that should show up eventually over on http://tamascans.net/

They also said that they would be scanning the final volume pretty soon, so there is a good chance that I can finish this series out.

Then I have to decide if I want to continue on and translate GoGo Heaven http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/mangafor ... main2.html
It takes place in a similar universe to Hells Angels, and is a fun cute story, just a single volume, completed in April 2005 I think.
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

good staff,now it's seems that u r too busy to do this work now.
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

hmm,no new post
iidesu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by iidesu »

Looking forward for more. Thanks for the release!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

going back and checking what I have, I have full translations of volumes one and two, but only have the first chapter of volume three translated. I thought that I completed the whole thing, but seem to have lost the data somewhere along the way. shoot.