Fight 81

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Asunder wrote:Since Nagi has "infinite ki" from his Dragons, isn't using the healing palm on him technically without cost? I mean, no matter how much you subtract from it, it's not going to really have any effect.
quite possibly. might drain him a little but because of his infinite ki, shouldn't take too muhc outta him. You think they'll use the dragon's palm to heal shidzuru's face?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:
Asunder wrote:Since Nagi has "infinite ki" from his Dragons, isn't using the healing palm on him technically without cost? I mean, no matter how much you subtract from it, it's not going to really have any effect.
quite possibly. might drain him a little but because of his infinite ki, shouldn't take too muhc outta him. You think they'll use the dragon's palm to heal shidzuru's face?
The Dragon's Palm uses both it would seem, ones own ki and the Dragon'a Palm users ki if what we've read so far is correct. Since as we've seen Maya reluctant to use it so it doesn't drain her ki and Kurei very surprised that Kagiori's healed such bad wounds so quickly, and thus implicating Kagiori has a tremndous amount of ki(compared to the only other use he's seen Hotaru's) to be able to do that since the ki couldn't have come from people hurt so bad.
So it would seem to correlate this, if the dragon palm user has little ki of their own the person being healed gets drained of their own ki(in Hotaru's case which is why Maya doesn't want Hotaru to heal her) however if the user has a large amount of ki their's is used and the more ki the faster the healing (Kagiori healed Ishiyumi, Madoka and Masataka within days(?) of each other of serious wounds instantaneously, whereas Hotaru gives Bob daily treatments and he's still in the hospital).
Of course there's one healing using ki you're all forgetting, Maya's "kiss" to revive Nagi in vol 2 (the one Aya saw and got so upset about with the dragon's eye at the bowling alley), which brings up an important point maybe Maya's not saving up all that ki for herself but to give to Nagi,hmm. I wonder how she'll transfer it to him, a "kiss" just gave him a little it might take something more than a kiss to give him that much ki :twisted:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

lol ur mind is wondering off into other places. Yea hotaru's healing does seem to take longer than kaigoroi's healing. Kaigoroi just healed ishiyumi's arm like in an instant. I wonder if kaigoroi is as strong as he seems so far.... damnit but screw kaigoroi for now, I wanna know what kago's ability is.....
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

You forget that she healed the head of the Shyoujyou family's face after it was split open by Souichirou way back in volume 9. It's been pretty well established that Bob doesn't seem to have any ki or very little of it. Hence he appears to be a purely physical fighter, like Sagara and Bunshichi. Masataka on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any shortage of ki. I have no idea how much ki Madoka has, because Oh! Great hasn't gone into that yet. Although we've seen that people can send ki into others for the purpose of healing, I don't think Kagiroi does it that often.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I bet Kago's power is insane, maybe something dealing with control of the opponent?

It'd be really neat if he was using his power the entire time and everything that has happened thus far has gone exactly according to his plan.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I think as far martial arts lore goes, everybody has ki. It's just a matter of using and harnessing it. (Well, I could be wrong...) Bob hasn't displayed any "ki-related" moves so far, whereas characters like Mitsuomi and Masataka usually pull off at least one.

And..Bunshichi. Hmmm. Didn't he "power-up" or (something like that..) when he gave Zombie Fuu a good view of his fist? There was that beating he gave Shin too back in the past arc. Or am I taking these images too literally and they're probably just special effects of some sort?

Also, about Souichirou having "unlimited ki..." Was the speaker being figurative or cryptic about this, or are we supposed to understand that line as it is? I'm asking this question because I find this statement quite interesting considering the nature of the Dragon's Fist.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

I always thought it was more "nigh unlimited", or even if it wasn't, the strain on his body is going to be the limiter (see Ishiyumi fight). If sky was the limit, how money water monkeys could he create if he was dumped into the ocean?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:You forget that she healed the head of the Shyoujyou family's face after it was split open by Souichirou way back in volume 9. It's been pretty well established that Bob doesn't seem to have any ki or very little of it. Hence he appears to be a purely physical fighter, like Sagara and Bunshichi. Masataka on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any shortage of ki. I have no idea how much ki Madoka has, because Oh! Great hasn't gone into that yet. Although we've seen that people can send ki into others for the purpose of healing, I don't think Kagiroi does it that often.
I don't think it changes anything, that was just a superficial wound, and I'm not basing it on conjecture. Kurei actually says it in chap 75.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:Well, I think as far martial arts lore goes, everybody has ki. It's just a matter of using and harnessing it. (Well, I could be wrong...) Bob hasn't displayed any "ki-related" moves so far, whereas characters like Mitsuomi and Masataka usually pull off at least one.

And..Bunshichi. Hmmm. Didn't he "power-up" or (something like that..) when he gave Zombie Fuu a good view of his fist? There was that beating he gave Shin too back in the past arc. Or am I taking these images too literally and they're probably just special effects of some sort?

Also, about Souichirou having "unlimited ki..." Was the speaker being figurative or cryptic about this, or are we supposed to understand that line as it is? I'm asking this question because I find this statement quite interesting considering the nature of the Dragon's Fist.
"As is" that's what's unigue about Nagi everyone else has a limit, but he doesn't. This is why Mitsuomi is dying, he absorbed too much ki. And I don't think Bunshichi uses ki, in the UJ special it seems Oh! Great implies he's just that strong.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:I bet Kago's power is insane, maybe something dealing with control of the opponent?

It'd be really neat if he was using his power the entire time and everything that has happened thus far has gone exactly according to his plan.
I don't think we've seen it yet, I think all the manipulation powers are Onmyou mysticism related. I don't know if anyone noticed the little "paper dolls" ( shikigami) in the incense burners, the pentagrams, those outfits Kago wears, they were all probably thought to be Shinto stuff but they're not, it's really too much to write in one post but Onmyou (On Myuo is the Japanese way of saying Yin Yang) mysticism is a really interesting Japanese religion that evolved from Chinese Daoism that was really popular in I believe the Heinan era and many of it's aspects tie in very neatly with all the stuff going on in Ten Ten. A great anime to watch for more info is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi which deals with it along with Osaka-jin (great show BTW) especially the ADV release which had very informative booklets and on screen notes.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Asunder wrote:I bet Kago's power is insane, maybe something dealing with control of the opponent?

Well... that kind of power.... Inue already has it...

Gone exactly as he planned.... hm... maybe.... kind like Sidious and Palpatine from Star Wars eh???
Signature - Do i need one???
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

so I'd assume the election tournament is about to start or will start in the next couple chapters? So tetsuito can open multiple dragon gates at one time like nagi but other people can only open one gate at a time right? Could that mean tetsuito has maybe a branch family blood of the nagi family in him? I think it has gone almost exactly to kago's plan. He doesn't seem worried at all despite a few "bumps in the road."
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Or maybe he just knows that he can open a can of whoop-ass any time he wants and the only reason why everyone's been in and out of his mansion as if it was a bar or something was because he himself did not interfere yet.

Remember what the "hospital visit" looked like. Don't underestimate the man. We have no idea what he is capable of in reality.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kujoe wrote:Also, about Souichirou having "unlimited ki..." Was the speaker being figurative or cryptic about this, or are we supposed to understand that line as it is? I'm asking this question because I find this statement quite interesting considering the nature of the Dragon's Fist.
Inue was quite literal - it was "unlimited ki" - but that doesn't mean that she knows what she's talking about. Also, my take on it is that he doesn't have unlimited ki himself, but that he has the potential to harnass unlimited ki. Also, I suspect that there is always the spectre of his "Dragon" hanging around, and if he starts to tap into large amounts of ki, he would have more of a problem controlling his Dragon from consuming himself. We've seen that illustrated on many occassions.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

HappyStealer wrote:so I'd assume the election tournament is about to start or will start in the next couple chapters? So tetsuito can open multiple dragon gates at one time like nagi but other people can only open one gate at a time right? Could that mean tetsuito has maybe a branch family blood of the nagi family in him? I think it has gone almost exactly to kago's plan. He doesn't seem worried at all despite a few "bumps in the road."
Or how about something like Nagi and Kagiroi having the same father but different mother? Man, I hope not... It would come out of nowhere all of a sudden--unless Oh! Great presents us with more clues. Having red feather blood is so far the most likely scenario. The details pertaining to that however, has still yet to be revealed.
MrProphet wrote:Remember what the "hospital visit" looked like. Don't underestimate the man. We have no idea what he is capable of in reality.
I agree. However I wish his abilities won't be just limited to sorcery or whatever his 8th gate is. With a machete like that, he just has to get uber physical in a fight at the same time. Ok... Kagiroi is holding on to it right now, but it would be a waste if Kago's just limited to being powerful based on his 8th gate.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think Kagiroi is something akin to an armiger, a squire and a swordbearer for Souhaku. Remember how in chapter 79 he gave him his machete to sheathe after he used in on Makiko.

So I think we will see him fight with it if (and it's a big IF) this ever reaches any kind of a ceremonial fight (a la Shin vs. Mitsuomi), and not just a free-for-all melee.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

if we do see a fight ensue, you think nagi will fight him or someone else? I'd say nagi would be a cool match to see verses tetsuito (two people who can open multiple dragon gates) and mitsuomi against kago (just because inue brags about how kago has taken mitsuomi this far, be nice to see if that is true).... but who knows with all this election tournament stuff about to begin and stuff.

It would be crazy if they had the same father. I'd be like... wow.... Tho it would make more sense if they had the same mother... Since it seems like opening multiple dragon gates is a demon exorcists special ability.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Except that ages don't seem to match up here. I'm assuming your same mother hypothesis refers to Makiko. Unless she and Souhaku have some magic anti-aging method, there looks to be very little chance that Souichirou and Tetsuhito are Makiko's sons'. Tetsuhito looked to be around 18 in that flashback with him and Souhaku; that would have made Makiko at least late thirties. She did not look close to that age in the flashback and she does not look like she is in her forties in the present. Souhaku also doesn't look like he's that old, at least not old enough to be Tetsuhito's father.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

haha yea it doesn't add up but it would make a crazy plot twist, but atm I think the most reasonable explanation is that tetsuito has some nagi branch family blood in him.
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I think that Souhaku is going to take on Mitsuonmi, but thenf Nagi will jump in and become the new "King" by defeating who Mitsounmi couldn't.

I also think that Tawara and Maya have big roles to play, but I'm not sure who they are going to fight.

Right now there are a ton of people who could side with the Jyukenbu - Maya, Aya, Masataka, Kunei (alien dude?), Nagi, Bob, Madoka, and Tawara. Is there a limit as to how many fighters each team can use during the school tournament? I can remember during Shinn's time they took on what seemed like a lot of ninja's..but I guess they could have been clones or whatever.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
kujoe wrote:Also, about Souichirou having "unlimited ki..." Was the speaker being figurative or cryptic about this, or are we supposed to understand that line as it is? I'm asking this question because I find this statement quite interesting considering the nature of the Dragon's Fist.
Inue was quite literal - it was "unlimited ki" - but that doesn't mean that she knows what she's talking about. Also, my take on it is that he doesn't have unlimited ki himself, but that he has the potential to harnass unlimited ki. Also, I suspect that there is always the spectre of his "Dragon" hanging around, and if he starts to tap into large amounts of ki, he would have more of a problem controlling his Dragon from consuming himself. We've seen that illustrated on many occassions.
Yes, "the greatest fight is the fight against oneself" has been the theme pretty much throughout the run of the book. In the flashback chapters we of course got to see Shin "lose" to himself. And since Nagi is the "hero" of the present chapters I'm sure we'll get to see if Nagi can "beat" himself.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:haha yea it doesn't add up but it would make a crazy plot twist, but atm I think the most reasonable explanation is that tetsuito has some nagi branch family blood in him.
I think the most interesting twist will be to see if Nagi can use Souhaku's power, everyone's speculating on Souhaku's power but everyone seems to be forgetting Nagi probably has inherited it too.
Pretty dangerous of Souhaku to give all that ki to someone who has his power but also the ability to tap unlimited ki and therefore giving Nagi the ability to negate whatever he can do,as if Nagi's ability to take it didn't negate it in the first place.
We all know Souhaku wants to kill all the red feather families, but how he's going to use Nagi to do that is going to be interesting as hell.
Last edited by kk1 on Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think in the past arc it was established that each club could only have five designated fighters. People seem to keep forgetting that its been established Madoka can't take part in the tournament. First she's too young and second she's still in middle school. Other than that, yeah Jyunkenbu does have a quite a few people who could participate.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

didn't it say that nagi wasn't as talented in the dragon fist as makiko was? could this be a sign that he does have kago's 8th gate since he's not as talented in the dragon fist as his mom was? Still speculation atm but it would be truely amazing for someone to have 2, 8th dragon gate abilities, tho the dragon fist can just render those gates worthless since it takes them.

Yea, it is a battle with oneself. still hoping for the fixing of shizuru's face tho....inue just had to f*** it up...well she got hers by mits....haha the most f'ed up plot twist would be revealed that inue is actually a guy, I'd totally drop my jaws. sometimes she does look like a dude tho...

Yea but mits took on all 5 last tournament by himself.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

The number of fighters for each club has been increased to 7. Bob is iffy, and I don't think Kurei can fight. So that leaves Maya, Aya, Masa, Soichirou, and Asshat. I don't know what the rules say about fighting with proxies, so Asshat's babe army may or may not be of use.

As for Tetsuhito and Soichirous being related, I pointed out the possibility some time ago. Characters don't always look their age in manga (Aya is 15 or 16, for chrissakes!). And we don't really know whether Makiko and Souhaku have/had siblings...

And I don't think that Soichirou has 'unlimited ki' as such in his body. More likely he is able to draw from an unlimited pool somewhere. Remember Makiko talking about how all things have ki and all things are one?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

We know it has to be a minimum of 5 people. Whether 5 is also the maximum number, we don't know. But all the groups so far have had 5 members.

Also, don't forget. The Tournament is between Maya's bunch and Mitsuomi's group, Kago is not part of the Tournament.

I am not sure how this will play out, but I doubt that the recent Maya/Mistuomi alliance has put them off from fighting each other. On the other hand, Maya definitely has a plan (to keep Mitsuomi alive somehow), so we'd have to see how that'll play out.

It's just a question of what's more important to her: settling the score and laying her demons to rest, or keeping Mitsuomi alive despite his deteriorating body. And how she'll try to use Nagi and Souhaku to achieve either of those.

Any guesses?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:Also, don't forget. The Tournament is between Maya's bunch and Mitsuomi's group, Kago is not part of the Tournament.
You mean there aren't any other teams (those worth mentioning or otherwise..) besides Maya's and Mitsuomi's? Or are you simply referring to plot details?
MrProphet wrote:I am not sure how this will play out, but I doubt that the recent Maya/Mistuomi alliance has put them off from fighting each other. On the other hand, Maya definitely has a plan (to keep Mitsuomi alive somehow), so we'd have to see how that'll play out.

It's just a question of what's more important to her: settling the score and laying her demons to rest, or keeping Mitsuomi alive despite his deteriorating body. And how she'll try to use Nagi and Souhaku to achieve either of those.
I've always read this as Maya wanting to have Nagi's power at her side in order to win whatever it is she wants to win--hence, "Let me have you!"--be it the Tournament, the impending battle with F, or something else entirely.

Achieving that and fixing up the loose ends may perhaps save Mitsuomi from his fate. I may be misunderstanding you from your last sentence--but it just isn't like Maya to outright sacrifice a 15 yr. old kid in order to save another man whose past and regrets tie in with hers.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

Err..... sorry for asking some kind of stupid question (for some people...)

But i think this is good question afterall...

Did Maya actually know that Mitsuomi is dying????
Signature - Do i need one???
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Actually, that is a good question. Hmmm...

Was something mentioned pertaining to this somewhere near and before the past arc actually starts? Or during the aftermath of the bowling alley fight? Not sure really.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

She knows [ref. ch21].
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I think F is going to crash the tourney though...during the Mits and Nagi fight..
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Chello wrote:I think F is going to crash the tourney though...during the Mits and Nagi fight..
There is only 1 member of F left, Kagiori, of course he did imply that he was going to fight Masataka so...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:didn't it say that nagi wasn't as talented in the dragon fist as makiko was? could this be a sign that he does have kago's 8th gate since he's not as talented in the dragon fist as his mom was? Still speculation atm but it would be truely amazing for someone to have 2, 8th dragon gate abilities, tho the dragon fist can just render those gates worthless since it takes them.
Yes, but that was probably due to a lack of training, as Makiko purposely kept Nagi from using his power whereas she was probably trained from an early age.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kujoe wrote:
MrProphet wrote:Also, don't forget. The Tournament is between Maya's bunch and Mitsuomi's group, Kago is not part of the Tournament.
You mean there aren't any other teams (those worth mentioning or otherwise..) besides Maya's and Mitsuomi's? Or are you simply referring to plot details?
I am referring to the fact that Maya proposed that they settle it at the Tournament, implying of course that both teams would be the finalists. If she didn't believe that Juukenbu can beat the reast the school's teams to get to Mitsuomi, I doubt that she'd propose such a fight at all.

Also, Kago cannot participate legally. He is not a student at Toudou and neither is Kagiroi.

Ishiyumi, on the other hand, can participate (he'll probably fight as part of the Enforcers, and in fact, Mitsuomi, Tagami, Isuzu, Bob and Ishiyumi make the 5-man team that's necessary to get into the Tournament).
I've always read this as Maya wanting to have Nagi's power at her side in order to win whatever it is she wants to win--hence, "Let me have you!"--be it the Tournament, the impending battle with F, or something else entirely.
She said in chapter 77 that she is going to use Nagi's life to stop the war (and thus keep Mitsuomi from sacrificing himself).

Although, how it would save Mitsuomi's health, I am not sure. I suppose that Nagi would be able to somehow "steal" back the ki that Shin has shot into Mitsuomi that has triggered a change in Mitsuomi's metabolism.

That really sounds unscientific, but Oh!great might go with something like that.
Achieving that and fixing up the loose ends may perhaps save Mitsuomi from his fate. I may be misunderstanding you from your last sentence--but it just isn't like Maya to outright sacrifice a 15 yr. old kid in order to save another man whose past and regrets tie in with hers.
She did ask Makiko for Nagi's life. Could be that she is being poetic, with her old manner of speech, and everything, but who knows...
Chello
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Chello »

I think Maya wants Nagi to do something with Shin's ghost. Shin is obviously haunting both Maya and Tawara, it's no coincidence they have both seen him. I am betting Mitsounmi is visited by him to.

Perhaps Maya wants Nagi to either do something to bring Shin back or excorcise him so he can go to the after life.

Also, I want to see Tawara fight the Mohawk guy who seems to be an associate of Kago's. Just for the hell of it, I think that would be a good fight.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

No, it has nothing to do with Shin.

Reread the end of chapter 75, where Mitsuomi says he plans to die in the battle that would spark the hundred-year war, and chapter 77, where Maya says she'll use Nagi's life to stop the hundred-year war and that she doesn't want to lose Mitsuomi once again. Obviously, one is alluding to another.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:We know it has to be a minimum of 5 people. Whether 5 is also the maximum number, we don't know. But all the groups so far have had 5 members.

Also, don't forget. The Tournament is between Maya's bunch and Mitsuomi's group, Kago is not part of the Tournament.

I am not sure how this will play out, but I doubt that the recent Maya/Mistuomi alliance has put them off from fighting each other. On the other hand, Maya definitely has a plan (to keep Mitsuomi alive somehow), so we'd have to see how that'll play out.

Any guesses?
The Jyuukenbu and the Enforcement group aren't the only 2 are they? At the last tournament there we're 96 groups, I know Mitsuomi has pretty much subjugated the school but aren't there still other groups?
As for guesses, I think she's going to have Nagi suck all the ki out of Mitsuomi.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

There should be more that 2 groups, but look up, I've answered it a bit earlier...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

But how would the Dragon's Fist suck the ki out of Mitsuomi? Is that even possible for the Dragon's Fist? I thought it was more related to gates and stuff. Mitsuomi's condition is more like an injury that he's gradually dying from.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well I thought it was because mits absorbed too much of shin's ki that he is gradually dying. If so, it would make sense for nagi to be able to extract it because of the dragon fist. But atm, it does make more sense for nagi to absorb mits ki so it would prevent him from dying tho I'm not too big of a fan of maya using souichirou for her own purposes.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

HappyStealer wrote:well I thought it was because mits absorbed too much of shin's ki that he is gradually dying. If so, it would make sense for nagi to be able to extract it because of the dragon fist.
While it's not entirely impossible, it sounds just, well, too easy... Or too convenient all of a sudden.

I don't know--at the moment, I've always regarded Mitsuomi's 100 Year War as something between his side and Souhaku's, while his matters with the Jyuukenbu is more of a personal matter of sorts. Looking at it in this way, it kinda makes sense why Maya wants to stop Mitsuomi from going through with this war of his--and why even a temporary alliance between the two is possible.

Plus, I also would be disappointed if Maya, despite her pure intentions, is willing to pull off another Dougen. (Well, Souhaku seemed to be doing the same thing...) But then again, this would also somehow reflect the past arc, albeit in a different way.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think Shin's ki-blast opened up Mitsuomi's gate, so that is how he has his superhuman strength. But because it has happened unnaturally, and not through training, his body can't handle all the inflow of power, and thus he is slowly dying.

Perhaps, Maya thinks that the Dragon Fist can close this gate by taking it. That would also explain why Nagi would be sacrificed. If he had this gate instead of Mitsuomi, he'd be dying.

That's pretty ruthless on Maya's part (if it's true, of course, which I am not certain of), but she was always kind of a bitch. Remember her Katana-hunting?

On the other hand, Nagi was trained in the use of 8th Gate by the 11 former Phoenix generals, so perhaps he won't die?

Anyway, that's just my guess.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think Nagi probably won't die, but like his mother, will end up suffering some sort of disfigurement to show his struggle with his dragon. Maybe his hair will stay black, just tossing out ideas. But yeah, I think Nagi looks a lot cooler with black hair.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I think Shin's ki-blast opened up Mitsuomi's gate, so that is how he has his superhuman strength. But because it has happened unnaturally, and not through training, his body can't handle all the inflow of power, and thus he is slowly dying.
But then the damage has been done, and there is no reason to believe that sucking out the excess after all this time would save the guy. It's not really like it's a dormant poison, after all.

I don't know--at the moment, I've always regarded Mitsuomi's 100 Year War as something between his side and Souhaku's, while his matters with the Jyuukenbu is more of a personal matter of sorts
I interpreted the war as something between those with special powers and those without... Mitsuomi's been recruiting fighters without 8th gates. The Election tournament is a satellite battle that ties in with the war, but is not necessarily a pivotal battle. Mitsuomi needs to maintain control of Toudou to enrich his 'army', and at the same time deplete the resources and capabilities of the 'enemy forces'. And whether or not the war begins is unrelated to whether Mitsuomi will die. It's just that he wants to die honourably in it, fighting for his convictions.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

No... the "extra power" is increasing his metabolism, and he is dying because of that, not because of the extra power itself (BTW, it's also the reason why he became so huge, his body's chemical processes just sped up).

Metabolism is basically the process of convertion of complex compounds (like food, say) into energy. With Mitsuomi, the process has sped up exponentially, thus he is getting much more energy from usual activities that normal people do, because it's getting converted faster. Because he has more energy, he is much stronger than normal people. Unfortunately, the adverse effect of faster total metabolism is that your body ages faster and that the risk of heart or kidney failure is much larger. They've never really explained what exactly will kill him, but I am guessing that one of those...

So, if they remove to source of the power that screws up his system, his metabilism should stabilize.

There is nothing wrong with his body itself. The damage from the Forged Needle blast Shin gave him has healed up pretty quickly (remember his visit to the hospital with Isuzu?). The problem is not his internal situation, it's rather the external factor that's messing with his health up.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

kinda like how mataza's gate was forced open?
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

well,but ig they can cure mitsuomi then he wil be just a normal guy and he is holding grunges against.......well.......all the school XD,so,if they can cure him,he is dead afterall for all the harm he did to people XD
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

From what I understood from Mana's explanation (somewhere in vol.7), Mitsuomi's condition is a result of whatever Shin blasted into him. His increased heart rate and his increased metabolism give him fighting capabilities that are far beyond what is normal and what his body can normally endure.

In other words, it's more of a physical and internal matter than ki-related. I don't think that there's energy inside him that triggers his 3-minute worth of uber strength, nor do I think that Shin unknowningly opened a gate for him. Whatever Shin blasted Mitsuomi with simply caused his condition. The wound may have healed a long time ago, (it's just a scar now..) but the damage has been done.

I don't even know if Mitsuomi even uses a gate in the first place--in fact, just like Masataka, he relies on his fighting skills and ki techniques rather than a non-8th gate. Looking at it this way, I find it hard to comprehend how Nagi's Dragon's Fist can reverse Mitsuomi's condition--considering that Mitsuomi has also shown no gate that can be eaten.

In fact, if this were so, then it also becomes possible that Maya wouldn't even need to wait for the Tournament. Just set Nagi loose and the problem is solved. And besides, if the bowling alley fight is any indication, Nagi can definitely survive the first 3 minutes long enough to use his 8th gate.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:But how would the Dragon's Fist suck the ki out of Mitsuomi? Is that even possible for the Dragon's Fist? I thought it was more related to gates and stuff. Mitsuomi's condition is more like an injury that he's gradually dying from.
It's not the Dragon Fist, absorbing ki is what Nagi's mother did to him when he was fighting Mataza, that's where Maya got the idea(there's even a pic of Shin blasting Mits when she's thinking about it).

Oh cool in re-reading that(vol 11) I just realized something, 8 years ago Souhaku had Makiko absorb lots of ki so the resonance would activate latent red feather powers that's what Souhaku has been doing with Nagi. His resonating power will activate everyone's power so Souhaku will know who to kill like he did back then, now we know why Kagiro finally brought back out his sword. Looks like it's gonna be a bloodbath at the election tournement. :P
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:kinda like how mataza's gate was forced open?
No, Mitsuomi uses ki (like the forged needle attack)but not to open any gates.