Fight 82

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:KK1, that seems to be correct. But Ogure's portrayal of naked chicks confuses the hell out of me... Unless it's a loli-bait like Madoka, they all look rather similar.

Me too, all credit goes to shouki, I wasn't sure who it was either at first, though I knew it wasn't Aya or Maya. When they're naked, hair is the only difference, Maya has "antenna" and is light colored (long or short depending on past or future), Aya long and dark(of course her dragon eye form made it light to confuse us more), Makiko short and light, no "antenna".
Makes me appreciate more anime's rainbow of hair color to tell who is who. :?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:???? Current Makiko? She's not there at all, that's the Dragon's eye personified as a naked Aya. You see the dragon swirl around Aya and then change shape into a reflection of her.
If we were going purely by visuals, you'd have to say it was Aya (split personality or mirror or whatever). On the other hand, how much can we really read into the form of something that appeared from nowhere?

Going by the text though, you wouldn't think it was Aya (even a split personality or a mirror) except for the first page or so. I can understand pretty much all of it, and you wouldn't expect a mirror of Aya to refer to her real self so distinctly seperate, or start talking about fate/destiny...

On the other hand, you wouldn't expect Makiko to verbally slap Aya around about Souichiro. You'd also expect Aya to be a bit more surprised if Makiko did turn up.

Hopefully we'll find out for sure in the next chapter. Meanwhile I'll scream "argghhh" to myself some more.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Thinking some more about Aya and the person who looks like Aya with blond hair...

Maybe this other is Aya's personal dragon (for the Dragon's Eye) or something along those lines. Close enough to Aya to slap her around and look like her, but distinct enough to know things about the world that Aya wouldn't.

I seem to remember with Souichiro's first fight with Ishiyumi that Souichiro's dragon spoke when trying to take his leg. However, that time clearly felt like a demon / something nasty speaking (if I remember correctly)... while whoever Aya's talking to seems human. Maybe Aya's dragon is a lot nicer, but it seems unlikely...

Anyway, I thought I'd toss the idea out...

Just in case it wasn't clear, I don't really know what's going on either 8)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

That's what I first said. I also drew attention to how Souichirou's dragon appears black and monster like, whereas Aya's appears white and human like.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I don't think we've ever seen Maya naked, which is a good thing since there is so much to look forward to.

Now that I've looked at the chapter again, I think that we can definitely say that the first one is Aya. Mainly, be the distinct niceness of her ass and posture.

Compare This and this. Notice the similarity?

As for the Dragon, I think it's pretty obvious. Nagi's is the black dragon of the earth, Aya's is the white dragon of the sky. Just remember Makiko speaking about those two different type of dragon.
On the other hand, how much can we really read into the form of something that appeared from nowhere?
I think that Aya was trying to divinate Souhaku's secrets. Just like she used water in the Bowling bathroom to divinate the past encounter between Nagi and Maya, she used her dragon now to learn more about Souhaku's and Makiko's past. Only that now she has more control of her dragon and she could direct it to do a much clearer divination, by actually travelling to the past in spirit and not using that "water in the cup" trick she did at the bowling.
Last edited by MrProphet on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Thinking some more about Aya and the person who looks like Aya with blond hair...

Maybe this other is Aya's personal dragon (for the Dragon's Eye) or something along those lines. Close enough to Aya to slap her around and look like her, but distinct enough to know things about the world that Aya wouldn't.

I seem to remember with Souichiro's first fight with Ishiyumi that Souichiro's dragon spoke when trying to take his leg. However, that time clearly felt like a demon / something nasty speaking (if I remember correctly)... while whoever Aya's talking to seems human. Maybe Aya's dragon is a lot nicer, but it seems unlikely...

Anyway, I thought I'd toss the idea out...

Just in case it wasn't clear, I don't really know what's going on either 8)
That's how I see it, it's just the Dragon's eye, and it seems she's gained a certain control over it, so that it's taken on a visual representation that reflects her instead of a dragon(you see in the one panel it dissolves and then reforms), but it's still the dragon. Just a neat little visual device from Oh! Great like in the old X-men books when characters with mental abilities, like Jean Grey, were drawn in their own mind, on the astral plane, they were represented as a naked version of themself.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Rev wrote: I wonder if masakata will get his ass kick for that chip since it has some pretty good info on it.
I hate to over speculate, because Ive been very wrong before, but I just don't see Kagurazuka beating Masataka. I mean the first time they met Masataka overwhelmed Kagurazuka and that was after trashing a bowling alley full of guys.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Pretty cool chapter.

And finally, a small glimpse into the possibilities if a temporary alliance between Maya and Mitsuomi's groups were to happen--a Maya, Nagi and Mitsuomi team up! 8)

Even better is that we'll probably get some info regarding Makiko and Souhaku's past. Or at the very least, I hope so. Plus, I also like how those shrine maidens were whipping out guns and mechanical weapons out of nowhere. It makes Mataza stick out less, and makes F more consistent in terms of style.

Not to mention, you just got to love how Maya makes use of her necktie.. :wink:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kujoe wrote:Not to mention, you just got to love how Maya makes use of her necktie.. :wink:
I'd say it's rather suicidal of her. Imagine her pulling that arm by mistake... Poof... no more Maya. :cry:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, seriously speaking of course, it's not so good or even advisable... but as far as the manga goes, I doubt Maya would do that to herself.

If on the other hand, some guy forces her into a situation that would prompt her to make that risk, well, that wouldn't be a good idea with Nagi and Mitsuomi hanging around. :P
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Seems like Fugu has already started his translations. Thanks a lot, Fugu, we really appreciate it! 8)

BTW, what did Maya use against the shrine maidens, anyway? It seems like all 3 of them - Nagi, Maya and Mitsuomi - have shot off a Forged Needle. You concur?
jaguar
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jaguar »

Exciting chapter, the triple team was very cool! Poor Madoka, those priestesses are nuts! It was neat that one of them was wearing the same archery gear as Ishiyumi does. I assume she is a member of Ishiyumi's family.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

yeah XD!!!! triple tanshinkou rocks!!!!!!!!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:Seems like Fugu has already started his translations. Thanks a lot, Fugu, we really appreciate it! 8)

BTW, what did Maya use against the shrine maidens, anyway? It seems like all 3 of them - Nagi, Maya and Mitsuomi - have shot off a Forged Needle. You concur?
I typically just read at the same time that I translate, so I've only seen the first 3 pages or so.

I'll probably break this off into "volume 14" but for now, you can catch the start of the translation at http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_13_Trans.html.

Also, this really clears up that bit of conversation between Nagi and Maya at the end of chapter 81.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:BTW, what did Maya use against the shrine maidens, anyway? It seems like all 3 of them - Nagi, Maya and Mitsuomi - have shot off a Forged Needle. You concur?
Nagi and Maya definitely used Forged Needle as Ishiyumi himself figures it out, but with Mitsuomi--I think he used the same move he pulled off against Nagi way back in the bowling alley.

EDIT: Yup, I just checked out vol3. If you look at the kanji/furigana, Mitsuomi's move starts out like "Dragon...something" (Sorry, I have no idea how to completely translate something like that in English, and it's friggin' long in English syllabic form!) But it's almost the same with this chapter. The name is also written, but I'm not sure if it only refers to Mitsuomi or to all three of them. In any case, what Mitsuomi pulls off is probably just a variation of the one from the bowling alley. That's my guess anyway..
Last edited by kujoe on Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

kujoe wrote:
MrProphet wrote:BTW, what did Maya use against the shrine maidens, anyway? It seems like all 3 of them - Nagi, Maya and Mitsuomi - have shot off a Forged Needle. You concur?
Nagi and Maya definitely used Forged Needle as Ishiyumi himself figures it out, but with Mitsuomi--I think he used the same move he pulled off against Nagi way back in the bowling alley.
but the tanshinkou is from the takayanagi family,shin just stole it XD,mitsuomi is using the true tanshinkou

by the way,thanks fugu for the first pages n___n
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The Forged Needle isn't the only thing Mitsuomi or Masataka can do, you know. :wink:
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

I just read some of what Fugu translated and wtf is Maya thinking? she wants Nagi to be the club leader... pssh... that hot head? jeez make anyone else the club leader but please not Nagi.
Last edited by Rev on Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

What else can they do?
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

MrProphet wrote:What else can they do?
um pick someone who can actually be a leader? Nagi just has the strength he doesn't have the leadership skills to lead anyone.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

No, I meant to ask kujoe.

What else can the Mitsuomi and Masataka do?

Ryuukei Kikou Tanshinkou Shinden Mitsuomi used in Volume 3 is just a variation of the Forged Needle. I basically means: Legendary Dragon Style Spirit Forged Needle. 8)

As for this chapter, they are also using Ryuukei Kikou Tanshinkou (Dragon Style Spirit Forged Needle). The second part reads Shi Ryuu Enretsusen, which means something like: "Four Dragon Delicate Furious Flame".

Don't ask me how the flame can be "furious delicate". I think I got the kanji right, but oh well... :roll:

BTW, I am a bit confused about Maya. In 81 she said "Let me be your leader". Now she says: "You be our leader". What did she really mean?
Last edited by MrProphet on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

In terms of principle, everything does seem to be related. Perhaps the Forged Needle has the basics, etc... Not to mention, that every special move in just another way of "hitting someone" according to the manga's fiction. So yes, I got this the other way around by mistake.

But as far as specifics (or differences) go--there's that move that Masataka pulled off against Madoka for instance. (Something from his Mental Universe, I suppose.) And there's the other one he used against Nagi back on vol1. Mitsuomi on the other hand, is already accounted for with his own way of fighting--whether it's the typical overblown type or just an underlying martial art philosophy of his. In this sense, the Forged Needle isn't the only thing Mitsuomi and Masataka can do. I mean, it would be lame if that's the only thing they were capable of doing.
Last edited by kujoe on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yeah. Basically, the attack is as follows. You hit something at a physical distance from youself, just like the "reverse strike" Maya taught Nagi in volume 2. That's the basic technique.

When you get it powerful enough, you get the Forged Needle. But it has it's own limitations, like only being able to hit as far as 4 meters (as Bunshichi explained).

I guess that there are ways to upgrade it even more, like Mitsuomi does, depending on the level of skill. But the basic technique is still there.
Last edited by MrProphet on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote: BTW, I am a bit confused about Maya. In 81 she said "Let me be your leader". Now she says: "You be our leader". What did she really mean?
She said "Give yourself to me" - that was pretty clear, but the interpretation of it was not. Now, Nagi clearly repeats "(you want me) to be the leader of the group ... ?" and then denies it. Looks like we missed some of the conversation. But that does clear up what she meant to me - she wants Nagi to take a bigger leadership role in the group.

Personally, I agree with Nagi - he's just a private first class. Go talk to Masataka if you want to push someone into leadership.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yes, some of the dialogue seems to be omitted, since I am rather confused about how one can go from Maya's "Give yourself to me" to Nagi's "You want me to be the club leader?".

What I am wondering is: what was in Maya's request in the last chapter that was misunderstood by Nagi and Mitsuomi? Was her confusing archaic speech a some kind of a double entendre that implied marriage or some kind of a relationship or something besides the literal words? Because Nagi kind of freaked out...
Last edited by MrProphet on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Personally, I think Kurei should be the next leader--a temporary one that is, if there's no one currently available. He just doens't have as much charisma as Maya. Nagi and Bob will always be the goons of the pack, whereas Masataka needs a role model or needs to be more confident. Asshat, well, he's got a group of his own already. Or something like that.

So yeah, there's no one who can replace Maya for now.

I was also wondering, does that part where she says, "Give yourself to me" mean something like "let me be your teacher," or "despite the risks, fight for my side"--which was of course, temporarily misunderstood in the wrong way by Nagi and co.?

Maya's decision to ask Nagi to take up a role of leadership is something else entirely in this sense.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:

EDIT: Yup, I just checked out vol3. If you look at the kanji/furigana, Mitsuomi's move starts out like "Dragon...something" (Sorry, I have no idea how to completely translate something like that in English, and it's friggin' long in English syllabic form!) But it's almost the same with this chapter. The name is also written, but I'm not sure if it only refers to Mitsuomi or to all three of them. In any case, what Mitsuomi pulls off is probably just a variation of the one from the bowling alley. That's my guess anyway..
I thought that was interesting for Maya using a ki based attack, has she done that (in a fight) since vol 2?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I'm interested in what Maya had heard that she was about to tell Souichirou before Shidzuru interrupted.

Well, Souichirou may not make a good leader right now, but he does have the potential in him. His father Souhaku seems to be quite the leader.

The panel of both Maya and Souichirou gathering up their ki reminded me of the time she and Mitsuomi took on the ninja group together. It also illustrated how far Souichirou's come. It appears powerwise, without powering up into super sayan mode, he's on par with Maya. It also looks like a Maya and Souichirou relationship is almost locked in.

Interesting how Makiko in the last panel has the dragon markings running from her right leg to her left arm, where as we've seen Souichirou when the dragon begins to consume him his left leg was first and most recently his right arm. Could Makiko be a southpaw?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Southpaw? What's that?

The dragon tried to consume Nagi's leg because his chakra is the Earth Dragon Gate, which is connected through the leg. It's totally separate from Nagi Dragon Fist. And we don't really know which regular Dragon Makiko used.

But Makiko does have the dragon markings running through the arm that Kago has cut off...

As for Maya X Nagi, I'd be extremely disappointed if that happened. They definitely work well together as a master and student and Maya seems a bit turned on by his power... But not by Nagi himself. I just don't see her falling for Nagi per se (not for his power to use in her plans). He's just too short.

But like I said, the master/pupil relatioship between them is quite steady and is progressing very nicely.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Anyone can PM me a direct download link? I'm not buying this issue of UJ...
Arigatou.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Southpaw = left-handed.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Oh, I see.

BTW, regarding Makiko's regular dragon. I am not really sure which one devoured her eye, the 8th gate, or her regular dragon. 8th gate enters through the head, so it could be that. On the other hand, Souichirou got attacked by his regular dragon, not the 8th gate.

So, if it was one of the first 7 gates that damaged Makiko, it must have been the Hidden Spirits or the Metal dragon (they also go through the head). I wonder what Hidden Spirits does? Metal Silk Voice seems to be something like Inue's Dragon Roar, judging by the name...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:Oh, I see.

BTW, regarding Makiko's regular dragon. I am not really sure which one devoured her eye, the 8th gate, or her regular dragon. 8th gate enters through the head, so it could be that. On the other hand, Souichirou got attacked by his regular dragon, not the 8th gate.
I don't think the regular dragons (which are associated with the regular 7 gates..) can do that. Wasn't the Nagi 8th Gate associated with that kind of consequence? I mean, everybody has access to the regular 7 and those who have opened one don't seem to be worried about it, nor even mention anything about it. But it always has been a matter of concern with regard to Souichirou and Makiko.

I assume that scene with the leg just shows where the strain mostly came from--since Souichirou has also opened his Earth Gate during that time.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Split off "volume 13" and "volume 14" tr

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've split off chapter 82 into the start of "Volume 14", so the (up-to-date) script is now at http://fugu.cs.columbia.edu/tjtg/TJTG_14_Trans.html

I'll eventually get around to updating the scripts on tjtg.mangatranslation.com (now that I use a real hosting provider for that site, I have to hassle with scp to move things around instead of just having it all local.)

I also plan to, later today, update the character pages so that I have information on characters in volume 12, and update the list of "all characters" that, if nothing else, I often refer to. I'll probably ask for some character portraits if anyone has mad Gimp skillz.
Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Natsume Maya »

Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Natsume Maya, that actually seems to make more sense, given Souichirou's next line. "I've already handed over control of my "life" to you, I said it before ... right !?" Maya then seemed about to clarify herself, but was interrupted by the appearance of the shrine maidens. Natsume Maya's interpretation seems to make the whole scene flow better.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

That actually makes sense.

Japanese has a subject-object-verb structure, as opposed to English subject-verb-object. So, while the English would say: "(I) give myself to the chief?", the Japanese would say: "(I) myself to the chief (give)?" Since the verb is omitted, we can only infer it. The subject (I) is omitted also, but it is obvious as it is.

I think what Natsume says is correct. Maybe Fugu can weigh in on this?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Hmm, is that kinda how Yoda speaks in Star Wars?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

EliteF22 wrote:Hmm, is that kinda how Yoda speaks in Star Wars?
I wouldn't be surprised if the inspiration for Yoda came from Japanese. But Yoda would be easier to translate I think.

It's not hard to write precise Japanese that'd be easy to translate (which is what you'd get in class if you study it), but most spoken Japanese is often ambiguous. It can be quite hard to untangle the grammar sometimes. Then there's times when you can understand what's being said in Japanese, but it can be quite hard to express in a sane way in English. This is particularly hard when you need to sync what's been said with images (eg for manga or anime), which often leads to rather contorted sentance structures in english.

A common problem case is "anata no koto ga suki", which is basically "I love you", but the verb is at the end, and the "I" is implicit. So what do you do when the "suki" is left about? In Japanese, it would often be quite obvious where the sentance was going, but this ambiguity just doesn't exist in English. Also, what about if there's a big gap between "anata no koto ga" and "suki"? Maybe the closest you can get is "the one I love is... you" or "you are the one... I love", but this doesn't always work.

In series with some action, you sometimes get "[person's name] o...", which is short for "[person's name] o tanomu" - "take care of [person]". You typically get this when someone is leaving the room/area to fight someone else, leaving (at least) two other people behind. The original is really short however, and in manga you might get a really small speech bubble, and in anime you might get very little time to show the subtitle properly. Again, you can have the problem of a gap between the subject and the verb. "Take care of.... [person]" can sound kinda lame while the original Japanese sounds cool.

Then there's words, phrases and concepts that don't really exist (or map well) to english, eg: masaka, sasuga, kuse ni, katte ni, to itai ga, tte (at the beginning of a sentance). You can come up with ways around these problems, but sometimes it's hard to make a character still sound in character and not like some dork.

Another awkward issue is complicated per-modifiers (or whatever the proper term is) - basically a sentance before some noun. Eg "kinou ga katta ringo" which is "the apple I bought yesterday", but ringo (apple) is last in the Japanese while first in the English, while "kinou" (yesterday) is first in the Japanese and last in the English. It can be hard spotting these things sometimes, or untangling them. Then there's the particle "no" which is quite general purpose and indicates a relationship between two things. It can be like the possessive 's in english, but this doesn't always work. Perhaps the most famous example is "kaze no tani no naushikaa" aka "Nausicaa of the valley of wind" though you could try to literally translate it "wind's valley's Nausicaa".

There's a series running in Shonen Sunday which I quite like called "Shijou saikyou no deshi kenichi" (which recently has been scanlated a bit). "Shijou" is "in history", "saikyou" is "strongest", "deshi" is pupil/disciple (often in a martial arts sense) and kenichi is the main character's name. Keeping the word order the same, you could translate it as "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi", but that sounds a bit awkward. "Kenichi, the strongest disciple in history" is perhaps the best way, but still doesn't sound too cool in English...

I've no idea what kind of real problems Japanese people have with translating real english (which has has a lot of irregular verbs for example). There's two things I can think of - Japanese doesn't have a plural "s" (sometimes you see "zu" in katakana at the end of word, which is kind of a bodge) and doesn't have uppercase and lowercase characters. Both don't seem too hard to work around though.

Anyway, Japanese has a large number of general issues that are tough to translate. A major one being that it's an aggultative (sp?) language, which basically means words/grammer join together. English has natural spaces while Japanese doesn't - you have to know quite a bit of Japanese just to be able to parse the sentances. When a lot of slang is being thrown in, this can be nearly impossible for a beginner (even with a good dictionary). When I started out learning Japanese, I concentrated on learning the grammar first, for this reason...

Despite saying all this, I enjoy reading Japanese. It has many interesting aspects, and often english translations just don't feel quite so rich.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Hmm, is that kinda how Yoda speaks in Star Wars?
No, the language structure Yoda uses is one of the rarest(in the real world) and while there are a few like it Japanese is not one of them.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:That actually makes sense.

Japanese has a subject-object-verb structure, as opposed to English subject-verb-object. So, while the English would say: "(I) give myself to the chief?", the Japanese would say: "(I) myself to the chief (give)?" Since the verb is omitted, we can only infer it. The subject (I) is omitted also, but it is obvious as it is.

I think what Natsume says is correct. Maybe Fugu can weigh in on this?
Yes, that makes more sense. I'll go back and put some of these comments in the notes, and change my translation. I too was just inferring the verb, in this case, "become" / naru, and it was a bit confusing due to the mismatch from the previous chapter.

Anyway, these are the sorts of things that pop up when translating - I try to make it known when I'm not 100% sure, or when I run into these situations. Natsume Maya's interpretation makes much more sense.

Nice post on Japanese Shouki.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Fugu, on page 11 bubble 2 it should be Aya not Maya that says that. Interesting, maybe Aya's getting over Souichirou.
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

Thanks for the translation! And yeah it sorta seems that Aya may be starting to realize that Souchiro is not interested in her, but you never know. She may get him in the end. Course if she doesnt Aya doesnt strike me as a person who would let it destroy her. I know she doesnt want to end up like her brother. Also I cant wait till this chapter is properly translated and scanlated together cuase this would be easier to look at in that way.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I'd be pretty bummed if it wasn't an Aya x Nagi ending.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Read the latest pages...

It's funny how Nagi was surprised that Maya can actually do stuff. Did he think she can only walk around and instruct him? Silly rabbit...

Another interesting point is how Maya is no longer saving the ki she collected over the last 2 years. Ass-whoopin' time, anyone? 8)
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

Um???

I never know Maya was that strong.... she can launch that kamehameha- like attack too :shock:

So... that is the uses of the 'chi' she's been collecting for the whole 2 years???

=========

Aya mention something that makes me confused... er.... something like that....

Is it true that Maya too loves or likes Nagi???? Um??? Then what about Mitsuomi-san???

=========

Sorry... i'm always the dumberer when it comes to stuff regarding Tenjou Tenge....
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Maya feels something for Nagi. It's unclear if it's love, a feeling of comraderie or just responsibility for a student.

Aya thinks it's love because Maya ran to rescue him as soon as she heard about it from Mitsuomi, but in reality it could be any of the above.

Also, in chapter 80, Maya says that she feels sorry for not having protected Nagi, after all, he is just a 15-year old kid. Just that turn of phrase Maya used hinted to me that the feeling Maya shares with Nagi is more motherly, that inimate.

1) She is his teacher.

2) She is his "buchou".

3) She looks a hell of a lot like his mom.

So, I personally think that Maya feels a responsibility to protect Nagi, and what Aya sees as "love" is nothing more than a elder person trying to protect and defend the younger.

Aya feels jealous toward her sister, that's not a secret. She feels that because Nagi is attracted to Maya there much be something between them. But that's just Aya, who perhaps does not really comprehend the complex relationship between Nagi and Maya. After all... what the hell does Aya know about love, being a ditzy and rather ignorant child herself? Much less than Maya, I gather...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote: Aya feels jealous toward her sister, that's not a secret. She feels that because Nagi is attracted to Maya there much be something between them. But that's just Aya, who perhaps does not really comprehend the complex relationship between Nagi and Maya. After all... what the hell does Aya know about love, being a ditzy and rather ignorant child herself? Much less than Maya, I gather...
Of course she is a girl with the power to see the future too :wink: