tenjo tenge story

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

jamesuh
Yuurei
Yuurei

tenjo tenge story

Post by jamesuh »

I absolutely love Tenjo Tenge, but I have a few things I am not sure about, story-wise. First of all, what is F? And who is Souhaku? And what is the relationship between "F" and Toudou Gakuen? Also, what is the purpose of "F"? And why are people described as meat? Thanks in advanced.
COME ON! -_-
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Souhaku = Nagi's dad, Mama Nagi's ex-lover?-husband?-boyfriend?

He seems to be the main bad guy that is orchestrating everything at the moment.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: tenjo tenge story

Post by FuguTabetai »

jamesuh wrote:I absolutely love Tenjo Tenge, but I have a few things I am not sure about, story-wise. First of all, what is F? And who is Souhaku? And what is the relationship between "F" and Toudou Gakuen? Also, what is the purpose of "F"? And why are people described as meat? Thanks in advanced.
Jamesuh, you should read closer. Almost all of those questions are answered in the manga itself.

If you want info on the characters, check the Characters Page.
Last edited by FuguTabetai on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesuh
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jamesuh »

yeah but its really unclear, at least for me. I know that 'F' is some sort of organization that is bad and trying to get strong fighters, and that toudou gakuen is a 'cage' of strong people that 'f' is trying to control? or something i dont know, clarification please?
COME ON! -_-
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

jamesuh wrote:yeah but its really unclear, at least for me. I know that 'F' is some sort of organization that is bad and trying to get strong fighters, and that toudou gakuen is a 'cage' of strong people that 'f' is trying to control? or something i dont know, clarification please?
Nobody knows that yet.
jamesuh
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by jamesuh »

well... i read over and it still doesnt clearly say what f is, or what it is trying to accomplish... maybe it comes in later volumes?
COME ON! -_-
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

jamesuh wrote:well... i read over and it still doesnt clearly say what f is, or what it is trying to accomplish... maybe it comes in later volumes?
It says many times what "F" are.

The first time, they are the Mitsuomi's wings, who are supposed to support him, and who supported him in his coup attempt.

Later on, it is revealed that Kago Souhaku is the true leader of "F", who are not all loyal to Mitsuomi.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

And it seems Mitsuomi will go against them now (well the disloyal ones anyhow), as they have been trying to use him as a tool too. They think of him as a shepard.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Or it could be that Mitsuomi is trying to usurp Souhaku and gain absolute control of all the families.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

An interesting idea, but I don't think Mitsuomi has those intentions, plus the Takayanagi's already have so much power.
attonbitus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by attonbitus »

What i'd like to see the story go is that in the end after Nagi gets all the power (face it we all know he will) and defeats everyone, that he'll go berserk and Masa will take him down.

Only makes sense cause there are a lot of hits that Masa is still the "true warrior"
Keluangman
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Keluangman »

attonbitus wrote:What i'd like to see the story go is that in the end after Nagi gets all the power (face it we all know he will) and defeats everyone, that he'll go berserk and Masa will take him down.

Only makes sense cause there are a lot of hits that Masa is still the "true warrior"
just got the feeling if nagi go berserk only a female could beat him =]
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

If by female, you mean Aya and by beat him, you mean in bed, then yes, she's the only one who can beat him.

No, that was phrased awkwardly. She's the only one who *should* beat him. And it should take 11 Volumes for her to complete her task.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

If anyone is going to beat him, its probably going to be Maya. She was able to get him to power down just by being there. Aya couldn't even do that. If he went nuts and ended up fighting Maya, there's going to be a part of him that holds back. As for Masa, there probably wouldn't be much of him left considering Souchirou probably still wants to get him back for there first fight.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:If anyone is going to beat him, its probably going to be Maya. She was able to get him to power down just by being there. Aya couldn't even do that. If he went nuts and ended up fighting Maya, there's going to be a part of him that holds back. As for Masa, there probably wouldn't be much of him left considering Souchirou probably still wants to get him back for there first fight.
There's no way Maya can beat him. The only reason he powered down in her presence and not Aya's is because he learned to control his power since then. Everything points to a fight between Aya and Nagi, for him to get all the gates he has to take her Dragon eye and I don't think she's just going to give it to him, plus the Dragon eye is the only power, powerful enough to come close to Nagi. Mits will get beat easily just like Shin beat him easily 2 years ago.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Personally, I think it'll be more interesting to see a battle between a beserking Nagi versus an unstoppable Shin. No chance of that happening, that's for sure.

I mean, the best red feather power that can beat the Dragon's Eye is arguably the Dragon's Fist... And at the same time, the best red feather power that can defeat the Dragon's Fist is the Dragon's Eye.

Or something like that. We haven't seen what Souhaku is really capable of doing yet.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

I don't think it is fair to say Mi-san was beat easily by Shin, he wasn't. The only reason he got beat was cause he was in shock over Shin stealing HIS families ultimate technique. Before that point in the fight, Mi-san had beat the shit outta him. Also, the first time he faught Nagi, lets not forget he was holding back cause he was too busy moaning about this and that to Maya, personally I think he'd destroy Nagi at this point and even after Nagi gets all his 'power', he still is a hot head who doesn't think, unlike Mi-san who is calculated about how he fights.... anyways I'm a Masataka fanboy, not Mitsuomi, so I'd rather see him beat Nagi up. Though before all that.... I think there is going to be a big fight between nagi and bob. Election tournament final anyone? (based upon the fact that Bob is probably going to join Mitsuomi and leave the club)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

If Mitsuomi was such a calculated fighter, then he wouldn't be beaten simply because he gets 'shocked' that someone copied his move. Lamest excuse ever--and for someone like "3 minute" Mitsuomi even. No, he was beaten like a pulp the moment Shin let go--when Shin finally gave in to his fear. That is not to say that Shin won that fight however. Shin lost some teeth too after all.

As far as Nagi not thinking, that may be the case when he loses control. But hell, how many characters have 'lost control' so far? Masataka doesn't even need a Dragon's Gate just to go berserk. All it took for him was Nagi's bentou trap and perhaps feeling pissed off for such a cheap tactic in the first place--not to mention, the fact that he fell for it.

Nagi's a hothead for sure, but at the same time it makes sense due to a rotten dad and a violent childhood. But I think when it comes to reflecting about certain things, Nagi is one of those characters who have a lot of things in his mind--"why am I so weak" moments included. And he isn't alone either. Maya, Bob and hell, even Aya have been portrayed with their reflective sides recently.

Personally, whether a certain character is liked or not, I'm still glad that Oh! Great has fleshed out some of those that I felt were previously neglected. With that said, I'm hoping that we'll continue to see more of Aya and Bob. And oh, Maya--because I still can't get a clear picture of what she's really trying to do!
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Heh, well its clear to see you aren't a big Mitsuomi fan. Fair enough. I was actually quite amused at your comments. They are probably true though I do not think Mitsuomi is as weak as you make out. Shin just happened to be more powerful, is all.
I'm also pleased other characters have been getting more attention. I'd like to see more of Bob though, his character has a lot of potential. But the story is getting more complicated now, so we probably still won't know what Maya is trying to do for awhile yet, Mitsuomi too.
Don't forget what Aya said, Masataka is like the surface of a lake, whereas the rest of them are like raging rivers.... which kinda conflicts with his going mental at the begining.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Actually, I kinda like Mitsuomi. Simply put, he's the most interesting out of the Takayanagi men in my opinion.

And who says I was portraying him as weak?

Simply because I think he too can get beaten up at some point? Or was it because I mentioned 'Mitsuomi' and '3 minutes' in the same sentence?

Like you said, Shin just happened to be more powerful--which is exactly what happened towards the latter moments of that fight. It wasn't as if Shin died without receiving some prior pain too, you know.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

No, I also call him 3 minute Mitsuomi when discussing TT with friends...
neko-cha
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by neko-cha »

uh- what happened between maya and shin? what are they [aside from being siblings..]?

i've seen a few episodes and am sorta like hell confused... can someone please enlighten me?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

neko-cha wrote:uh- what happened between maya and shin? what are they [aside from being siblings..]?

i've seen a few episodes and am sorta like hell confused... can someone please enlighten me?
Watch some more and that should clear up the confusion.

Not to pick on you but what's with all the newbies reading a chapter or two and then coming here wondering why they don't understand the whole story? Read it all, or watch it all, how do you think the people on this forum know what they know? Of course you're confused it's a complex story and you've only seen a small part of it. Why does everyone want it all explained out without reading it for themselves, if you like it keep reading it (or watching), it's very good you'll really enjoy it. If you're still confused after reading it all then I could see all the questions, c'mon people. :roll:
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

kk1 wrote:
neko-cha wrote:uh- what happened between maya and shin? what are they [aside from being siblings..]?

Watch some more and that should clear up the confusion.

Not to pick on you but what's with all the newbies reading a chapter or two and then coming here wondering why they don't understand the whole story? Read it all, or watch it all, how do you think the people on this forum know what they know? Of course you're confused it's a complex story and you've only seen a small part of it. Why does everyone want it all explained out without reading it for themselves, if you like it keep reading it (or watching), it's very good you'll really enjoy it. If you're still confused after reading it all then I could see all the questions, c'mon people. :roll:
Well not everyone has the time, patience at times the money but its mostly patience. if you can't wait search around the net you might find some spoilerish summaries there. Im in a similar boat cause the of the elfen lied anime I thought it was gonna be cool but my friend told me everything about it boy I was wrong and nearly wasted my money on it.( boy do i hate the main there)

Same thing with gundam wing.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

You don't have the patience to read it.

We don't have the patience to explain it.

It's your choice. We have zero obligation to explain anything if you can't waste your time to even read the manga.

Don't be selfish.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

MrProphet wrote:You don't have the patience to read it.

It's your choice. We have zero obligation to explain anything if you can't waste your time to even read the manga.

Don't be selfish.
Point taken and true enough. But im gonna have to satisfy myself with the anime since importing the manga is damn next to impossible for me. And im not buying the cmx version.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Vampire Advent wrote:

Don't be selfish.
Point taken and true enough. But im gonna have to satisfy myself with the anime since importing the manga is damn next to impossible for me. And im not buying the cmx version.
It is out there if you look hard enough, I only got into it when the anime first started but was able to find all of it out up to that point(it did take a while to find it though). Get the recent stuff while you can so if you do find the old stuff you don't have to look later. I wouldn't mind sending it to people since CMX screwed it up and I consider it a different version but my main computer died and I can't get to those files. If you have the means though I highly suggest importing the originals and reading Fugu's translations....hopefully this months will be up soon too (hint, hint) :wink: :wink: Onegai, Fugu Sensei
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

kk1 wrote:
Vampire Advent wrote:

Don't be selfish.
It is out there if you look hard enough, I only got into it when the anime first started but was able to find all of it out up to that point(it did take a while to find it though). Get the recent stuff while you can so if you do find the old stuff you don't have to look later. I wouldn't mind sending it to people since CMX screwed it up and I consider it a different version but my main computer died and I can't get to those files. If you have the means though I highly suggest importing the originals and reading Fugu's translations....hopefully this months will be up soon too (hint, hint) :wink: :wink: Onegai, Fugu Sensei
Thanks for for the kind thought of wanting to send stuff to the unfourtunates cause of the cmx screw up. But don't worry about it i wil probaly find some scans then use fugus translations which are great if there raw or translated ones.