Fight 85

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 85

Post by Agent_Wax »

"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

AWW, damn, Maya is so cute!!!!

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Oh, and here's the Dogs intro.

There is a new manga in Ultra Jump - Abara. Looks nice...
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Abara started last issue, and the only thing that struck me about it was:
"Is Nihei Tsutomo incapable of drawing anything ELSE?"
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Weird that I didn't notice it.

Oh, and this looks like one of Kagiroi's ancestors. The machete looks the same.

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:AWW, damn, Maya is so cute!!!!

]

AWWwwww....kawaii.
kidneo66
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kidneo66 »

Rock on! Can't wait to see what the next installment of DOGS is like. His website has a lot of good works on it, but see Miwas works are even better.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Seeing that #01 in the DOGS intro, will it be a new history, maybe a re-intro on the characters profiles?

Or will it continue from where it left off, like all the minor historys getting into one big damn cool main history? lol...

Oh, well, anything is fine form me... =D
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Yay!!!! :shock: :D
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

OK what's "Dogs"? Whats the big deal?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

It's "noir"-ish manga Fugu translated... Not my cup of tea, but it's well-drawn.
kidneo66
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by kidneo66 »

here kk1, here is his personal page, he just updated it recently, check it out:

http://mmm-gee.cool.ne.jp/

very interesting stuff.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

Can't wait to read the thing.. I really liked Naoto and Michai histories. They were well told and I though them being very mature and developed, even being just an initial presentation of the main characters.

Imho, of course...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

WOW... just wow.

All I'm gonna say: whatever you do - don't fuck with Maya's tie. And Reiki too... 8)

Awesome, as always.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

loving the recent Maya chapters... great fight as usual Oh!Great style. Now just to wait for translations 8)
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

My torrent is almost done for me... I'm excited to see how the fight between her and Kagoiri plays out. :D

I wonder if the OAV shows that fight at all or if it's well done?
:?:
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Hmm...well at least Tetsuhito didn't turn out to be a weakling.

Highlights from the chapter:
-Maya's boobies
-Mama Nagi (and her boobies)
-Mitsoumi getting angry ("cute")
-Aya used as a plot device to explain Tetsuhito's background

Just one question, though. Were those bubbles from Maya getting beat up or was it Souichirou making water bullets? Because that's pretty powerful to subconciously make water bullets without even touching the water with your hands...
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Asunder wrote:Hmm...well at least Tetsuhito didn't turn out to be a weakling.

Highlights from the chapter:
-Maya's boobies
-Mama Nagi (and her boobies)
-Mitsoumi getting angry ("cute")
-Aya used as a plot device to explain Tetsuhito's background

Just one question, though. Were those bubbles from Maya getting beat up or was it Souichirou making water bullets? Because that's pretty powerful to subconciously make water bullets without even touching the water with your hands...

Tetsuhito also had an Eyepatch in that chapter. Is it possible that his left eye could be really Makiko's eye that was removed or am i reading to deeply into that.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Those looked like simple sweat-drops. Look at Nagi's forehead.

Also, it does seem like Kagiroi got Makiko's Eye. Both of their left eyes are patched up. It would also explain why he licked the sword. Maybe all the dragons overloaded his brains.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Hariel0079 wrote:My torrent is almost done for me... I'm excited to see how the fight between her and Kagoiri plays out. :D

OAV? er... unless I've miss something, all things TT animated doesn't cover anything pass Nagi awakening to his powers. (way before F is even introduced)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Though I am a bit confused about Kagiroi's background. It is hinted that his mother was raped by his father and then killed by Kago. However, the man with the machete does not look like Kagiroi old general from volume 9.

What's the deal here? Perhaps his mother was a Kagiroi, and the old general is his uncle? Then who is the dude with the machete?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Bummer. I'm getting a 0-byte torrent file. Can't start the download. :(
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Just a second. I'll get an http going.

http://www.mrprophet.com/temp/tjtg85.zip

It will be up in 10 minutes.
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

:shock: OMG... Maya's got beaten to pulp :(

Hopefully her face won't become like poor Shidzuru after being hit multiple times by Tetsuhito....

It will be a lame if her lovely eye-catch face ended up like Shidzuru's....

=================

But then... what's up wiith Reiki?? I don't really understand... did she also possesed Dragon's Gate??
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Awesome chapter. :D I found it interesting that Maya's left eye was swollen shut and Kagiroi seems to have lost his left eye. Heh, I guess this is Maya's win since Kagiroi might have lost his ability to use all those gates.
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

not understand at all...

need translation....

I'll have to depend on you... master Fugu :wink:

Ganbatte~... ne...
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think that yes, Kagiroi's left eye is Makiko's removed eye. It would seem to explain that when he uses a gate you see the path way from the left eye. It would also explain why Maya chose to destroy that eye. Without the memory of how to use those gates he'd have to rely on just what ever he originally had.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Wow,

That has to be the biggest beatdown I have ever seen maya take... :shock:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Holy funky shit ! :shock: WOW damn Geez...I'll post later when I can think of something to say, I'm just speechless
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Alright, wow, that has to be up there as one of the best fights ever in TT, except for Maya getting her face beat to a pulp. And after that she only has one eye closed shut? I thought for sure when he didn't draw her face in the 2 page spread of her lying in the water she would be way more messed up, and then I thought Tets was going to chop her hand off, man how could Oh great do that to Maya. Anyway I guess now we know why we weren't shown about Makiko's eye until now, would have spoiled the surprise :wink: I wonder if Maya got her tie from Madoka, that reminded me of Madoka's tongue knife she used earlier. I just hope that's the end of the fight I couldn't stand to see Maya take any more punishment :( (how are Nagi and Mitsuomi just sitting there?!)
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Mh... Reiki activates for Maya, now this came unexpected... although I'm not sure if the sword activated because Tetsuhito touched it or because Maya was about to get killed by him... well, I need some translation there.

But I really thought that Maya was gonna be saved by Aya, her tie-trick somehow surprised me. I'm curious how good Tetsuhito will be able to fight with only one eye, huh huh. But it's kind of good that Maya became beat up a little bit, as it's been quite a long time since she got into problems battle-wise.

I hope that fight is finally over now... as it's already been long enough, I want to see some kind of end to it, but I'm not so sure that the destruction of the eye is the end for Tetsuhito, only if Maya shoves the tie deeper into his head, mh mh.

Anyway... now Maya's gonna be in real trouble, as Reiki activated for her... I wonder if the sword is gonna drive her mad like Shin, as so far, this thing never was of a real positive use. I wonder if she's the only one who can wield thad blade without any negative influences, or if she's gonna be consumed by it like the others.
Bomb me, please.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Well, that was... interesting.

On page 23 Maya says "三途ã￾®æ²³åŽŸã￾§å…„上ã￾«è¹´ã‚Šè¿”ã￾•ã‚Œã￾¦ã￾—ã‚‚ã￾†ã￾Ÿã‚￾".

I think this is supposed to mean "I got kicked back from the banks of the river Styx by Aniki", where Aniki = big brother, ie Shin.

Well.. we already know that Shin somewhat haunts that blade (due to scene with Aya), so maybe with Tetsuhito touching the blade directly, it was enough to activate?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Some other comments on the chapter...

According to Tetsuhito, the women of the Kageroi famility have been consuming a bit of iron every day for the last 2 thousand years. Which is why iron doesn't work on him... (think of it as a long term spell I guess)

In the murder and rape scene early on, the guy did it after getting drunk. Not quite sure who he is.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:Just a second. I'll get an http going.

http://www.mrprophet.com/temp/tjtg85.zip

It will be up in 10 minutes.
Thanks, I have it now. I'll start translating later on tonight.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

moyism wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:My torrent is almost done for me... I'm excited to see how the fight between her and Kagoiri plays out. :D

OAV? er... unless I've miss something, all things TT animated doesn't cover anything pass Nagi awakening to his powers. (way before F is even introduced)
To my understanding the TV series doesn't cover everything.. You don't get to see Maya vs. Aya fight in the TV series.

That's in the OAV and to what it sounds like it's just a continuation.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

You think Tetsu will be able to use Dragon palm and heal himself?

I just want to see him do something really badass. As it is, his fighting style kinda sucks...visually, I mean. It dosen't look so much like graceful and fluid martial arts (like the previous fights), as it does two people pummeling eachother.

I know Maya's far from a pushover and all, but I can't help thinking that all that time and effort by Souhaku, all that pain and torture Makiko's been through was to create a guy who can just barely stay ahead of Maya, and would probably get owned by Tawara and Mitsumi.

BTW, thanks alot for the link, MrProphet.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Yeah, Kagiroi doesn't seem close to the True Demon that Souhaku wants. I think he was just kinda extra muscle. I still believe the Souhaku wants Souichirou to become the True Demon.

Looks like Kagiroi might become food once Souichirou sees what he's done to Maya. Holy crap Asunder, I think you were right, those were water bullets that Souichirou was ( subconciously? ) creating. They form a perfect circle around the ripple and are SITTING on top of the surface.

I know this sounds kinda weird, but does Oh! Great now seem to shy away from showing Maya naked? In the bowling alley he had her topless for a few panels, but lately he doesn't seem to be drawing in the details. All Aya's scenes show everything except beaver, but for Maya it seems like he purposely omits things.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

it`s true that testu is barely winning to maya,but it`s the first time too,that wee se maya fighting at full power=)
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

that thing with the tie, is that the mawari secret technique that madoka taught her a couple chapters ago?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

solidis1 wrote:that thing with the tie, is that the mawari secret technique that madoka taught her a couple chapters ago?
That's a possibilty. There was definitely something inside her tie. It looked like it could some kind of rectangular peice of medal. Or she could of put too much starch in when she was washing her clothes. :twisted:
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

Hollowshingami wrote:
solidis1 wrote:that thing with the tie, is that the mawari secret technique that madoka taught her a couple chapters ago?
That's a possibilty. There was definitely something inside her tie. It looked like it could some kind of rectangular peice of medal. Or she could of put too much starch in when she was washing her clothes. :twisted:
i think that is just ki,like the thing in hxh =P
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

I guess I'm the odd ball here cause I don't feel that the fight between Maya and Tets is that close...

she was mostly through the chapter getting her ass handed too.. it's not until Tets touched Reiki is when things started to turn.

I wonder about seeing the scene of Mit's and Maya was probably just a memory flashing before maya's eyes cause of the situation she was in?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Sota wrote:
Hollowshingami wrote:
Now that I looked at that page again that's what it seems to be. I think Madoka used something in a similar fashion in fight 71 when she tried to decapatate Masataka.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

Hollowshingami wrote:
Sota wrote:
Hollowshingami wrote: That's a possibilty. There was definitely something inside her tie. It looked like it could some kind of rectangular peice of medal. Or she could of put too much starch in when she was washing her clothes. :twisted:
Now that I looked at that page again that's what it seems to be. I think Madoka used something in a similar fashion in fight 71 when she tried to decapatate Masataka.
but that time,madoka in her mouth,have a sword,the classic tiny iron sword tipe:O

(sorry bad english;_;!)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

It seems like she was baiting him to get him in close contact. He first started out with distance attacks and then when he thought he was winning he dropped his guard and was right up on her.
Don't think the tie is similar to Madoka's flexible blade. It seems like the tie has wood fibers in the material, thus allowing her to use her ki to use it like a blade.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Hariel0079 wrote:
moyism wrote:

To my understanding the TV series doesn't cover everything.. You don't get to see Maya vs. Aya fight in the TV series.

TV ends with the stupid Nagi VS Mitsuomi fight. Basically right after the past arc ends. The OAV only deals with "what it means to fight", Nagi awakening to his dragon powers + some training from the old guys, and the Maya + Aya fight for Reiki.

And if I remember, the OAV is only 2 episode long and THAT'S IT. Please stop thinking the OAV continues and is up to what we're currently talking about in the manga, cause it's not.

... and to get back on topic, yea I was thinking the same when I saw Maya use the tie. Here I thought that technique would be used later in the fights... ha. Maya is always full of surprised :wink:
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

moyism wrote:
Hariel0079 wrote:
moyism wrote: OAV? er... unless I've miss something, all things TT animated doesn't cover anything pass Nagi awakening to his powers. (way before F is even introduced)

TV ends with the stupid Nagi VS Mitsuomi fight. Basically right after the past arc ends. The OAV only deals with "what it means to fight", Nagi awakening to his dragon powers + some training from the old guys, and the Maya + Aya fight for Reiki.

And if I remember, the OAV is only 2 episode long and THAT'S IT. Please stop thinking the OAV continues and is up to what we're currently talking about in the manga, cause it's not.

... and to get back on topic, yea I was thinking the same when I saw Maya use the tie. Here I thought that technique would be used later in the fights... ha. Maya is always full of surprised :wink:

It's not like i was completely aware here ya know. 8) So I can't help but think that the Oav does.. spare me here will ya :(
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Maya has some control over wood (pun not intended), as the text says. So yes, her tie probably has wood fibres in it.

I don't see how the fight was close at all. Maya could barely hurt Tetsuhito, and he was pummeling her like a punching bag. Bushichi & Mitsuomi would likely also be no match for him. If not for Reiki...

According to Tetsuhito, the women of the Kageroi famility have been consuming a bit of iron every day for the last 2 thousand years. Which is why iron doesn't work on him... (think of it as a long term spell I guess)
That's weird... I take iron in my diet too. Doesn't do jack for me... :D

Though I am a bit confused about Kagiroi's background. It is hinted that his mother was raped by his father and then killed by Kago. However, the man with the machete does not look like Kagiroi old general from volume 9.

What's the deal here? Perhaps his mother was a Kagiroi, and the old general is his uncle? Then who is the dude with the machete?
Those aren't his parents. Looks like it took place in ancient China. I don't have my Nelson's with me, but I think what we're seeing is possibly the birth of the Dragon Gate skills?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

EliteF22 wrote:I know this sounds kinda weird, but does Oh! Great now seem to shy away from showing Maya naked? In the bowling alley he had her topless for a few panels, but lately he doesn't seem to be drawing in the details. All Aya's scenes show everything except beaver, but for Maya it seems like he purposely omits things.
Well, Maya did have her breasts exposed in this chapter. I'm guessing that a) Maya is just too popular to show the full details and b) it detracts from her bearing (more refined, wise, world-worn, etc.) if she's shown naked in full detail.