Fight 86

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Fight 86

Post by pv82 »

Look At HOT MAYA :twisted:

Looks like someone losses his eyes :(

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm currently on vacation, and do not have reliable internet access (I'm in a town that does not even have a stop light, so the internet is leauges away from what people are worried about) so I don't think I'll be able to download this chapter any time soon.

On the off chance that I do get better than dial-up access though, if someone could point me to a http-accessible location for the raws, I would appreciate it.

fugu
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Wow, pv82, 666 posts. I hope nothing bad happens.
Gigei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gigei »

I hope Maya totally beats him up! Kinda doubt it, though. :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

EliteF22 wrote:Wow, pv82, 666 posts. I hope nothing bad happens.
I did, I couldnt log in after I uploaded that post :P

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

EliteF22 wrote:Wow, pv82, 666 posts. I hope nothing bad happens.
666 posts.

Figured I would get hacked. (See news.)
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Gigei wrote:I hope Maya totally beats him up! Kinda doubt it, though. :lol:
maya woops some ass. don't doubt nothing :P
k1nj3
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by k1nj3 »

Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Can anyone tell me where I can downlaod the raw version(bittorrent or other), 'cuz the copy at tokyo toshokan doesn't work for me.

err... never mind.

P.S. I hope Maya says" it's all fun and games 'till someone looses and eye" :twisted:
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

k1nj3 thanks for the link. I've got it. I might even start translating (but I want to finish Dogs first.)

fugu
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

So Aya saved her life not Shin, didn't see that coming.
How the hell do you seal a sword inside a sword!?
Next we'll finally get to see Souhaku fight and hopefully get his ass kicked!
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

HOLY CRAP! :shock: Interesting stuff happens this chapter. In one scene Kagiroi looks very similar to Fu'Chien from some chapters ago. And some nice background information from two years ago as well. It seems anyway.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Everytime I loose faith in TJTG Oh! Great spawns a really awesome 2-3 chapters that totally blow my mind away.

Nice fight! Did Maya get her arm broken (again) or was it just a premonition of what would happen if the crappy (yet powerful) punch-like thing connected. Anyway, I thought that Reiki would break while Tetsuhito gets his ass cut up.
Can't wait till next month's chapter...
Ricco wrote:So Aya saved her life not Shin, didn't see that coming.
-Who's Shin?
-Shin's dead, baby.
Now the 'owner' of the katana and living Dragon Eye user is Aya. So I guess it's expected for her to be somehow connected with the sword.

It looked more like some kind of outer layer got broken and 'the true reiki awakened' ;) or something like that...
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Dembol wrote:
-Who's Shin?
-Shin's dead, baby.
Now the 'owner' of the katana and living Dragon Eye user is Aya. So I guess it's expected for her to be somehow connected with the sword.

It looked more like some kind of outer layer got broken and 'the true reiki awakened' ;) or something like that...
Since she said her brother kicked out of river styx and that we saw the shadow of Shin when Reiki was activated most assumed his ghost had helped her.

What I meant with the sword part is that Reiki has seen many fights and a simple outer layer would have been broker long ago meaning a sword was forged on top of another sword, which is just insane!
When Reiki was breaking I remembered that my teacher always told me a Katana is a very fragile weapon and that an edge to edge block was suicide.
Sota
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sota »

sohaku looks so bad ass in the end:P,i hope that in fight 87,we can see his red feather power=)
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

This chapter looked awesome! I hope it gets translated soon. Gotta say I cringed at how bad Maya has to fight. I'm glad Aya is helping her though. :D
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

The site was down cause of a hacker? I wonder if they were trolling the site and noticed what we were talking about and decided to be a jerk. Man, seeing Maya be pissed so many times is great, cause she happens to look really hot when she is!! What was the deal with the whole covering over the handle of Reiki unravelling and threading itself around Maya's arm? It almost makes it look like Reiki is somewhat of a living creature. Any clue as to what Souhaku might be holding at the end. Looks like he's got some sort of obelisk thing in his hands.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Truely a magnificent chapter :D

DID NOT DISAPPOINT

even if Tetsu was defeated... :evil:

It Did get pretty graphic at the end :shock:
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Why did the covering of Reiki attach itself to Maya's right half? Is it because her right arm and leg are injured?(her arm is broken in 3 places from the weak looking punch and she punches her leg in page 15) Is Reiki controling Maya's attack? Is it healing her? Is it going to eat her? :shock:

Well Maya won, all it cost her where most of her ribs, the bone of her right arm broken in 3 places, multiple internal bleeding, a life treatening concussion, possibly an injury to her right leg anf god knows what else.
Unless Goku shows up with a sensu bean I don't see how she's gonna fight in the tournament.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It Did get pretty graphic at the end
Losing the top half of your arm can't be good. So much for the iron fist, huh. :roll: There's probably a reason for that.
Unless Goku shows up with a sensu bean I don't see how she's gonna fight in the tournament.
Goku won't show up. He too busy fighting slimes in Dragon Quest VIII. :lol: Sorry, bad joke.

Seriously, though the power of the dragon's eye seems to be far reaching. And when the eye is used like that it makes the user vulnerable. Or was it because the attack was directed at reiki? I'm really interested in seeing what Kago's gate is.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

EliteF22 wrote:The site was down cause of a hacker? I wonder if they were trolling the site and noticed what we were talking about and decided to be a jerk. Man, seeing Maya be pissed so many times is great, cause she happens to look really hot when she is!! What was the deal with the whole covering over the handle of Reiki unravelling and threading itself around Maya's arm? It almost makes it look like Reiki is somewhat of a living creature. Any clue as to what Souhaku might be holding at the end. Looks like he's got some sort of obelisk thing in his hands.

the covering was probley made of wood fiber. it looks like she was using it to help her hold on to reiki because of how her arm was broken. needed support for the blow he struck :)
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

What I wanna know is where Maya gets those clothes that are able to magically regrow themselves when ripped... :roll:
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:What I wanna know is where Maya gets those clothes that are able to magically regrow themselves when ripped... :roll:
Her clothes defy all laws of physics and Gravity ;p

but it is wierd that her top was ripped and she was exposed in 85 and then it goes back to clinging to her here :shock:
Keluangman
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Keluangman »

wow aya to the rescue
soo it seems aya is closeby(not physically at least) =/ i wonder what will happen
i think its still too early for the father son brawl :>
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

(note "page" = file number from download)

page 1: Nice Maya pic, but looks like some bondage rope underneath!
page 2: Maya comments that this must be the first time Tetsuhito's feeling "pain" so it's probably quite a shock
page 3: Maya shocked at Reiki having activated, then saying she felt a particular "Ki" when it activated, and can still feel it now - one she knows very well
page 4: It's Aya! Aya is surprised Reiki called her warning Maya was in danger, and she also says something about the Dragon Eye's power. Maya says Aya has gotten a lot stronger - she almost thought it was Shin. She also mocks herself for being saved by Aya
page 5: Maya is thinking how it seems just touching it makes it feel like all the "Ki" from her body is being sucked out. Aya is thinking how it feels hard for her to breathe, as if she's underwater, and she's worried that her and Maya's "Ki" might not be enough together. Maya advises Tetsuhito to give up fighting, and Aya shouts a warning just too late
page 8: Aya says that with losing the left eye (with 50+ dragons worth), the power is going out of control.
bunch of pages with Tawara and flashbacks: not really sure what's going on here
page 14: Aya slumps and Maya can't even stand up
page 15: Reiki's activation fades as Aya falls unconscious and Maya realises this - that Aya had been taking all the force of the massive attacks. Maya gets angry with herself and tries to get her legs to move
page 16: Not quite sure what Maya's thinking here but is talking about the 100 year war again.
page 17: Maya roughly says: Reiki, I know I'm just your scabbard, and don't have the right/qualifications to wield you, but for the sake of the true master who will wield you in the future, blah blah, please give me your power.
page 18: Maya: I'm not asking it for free - take my life
page 19: Maya realises that the real Reiki has come out
page 20: Maya: So this is the true form of "chokutou reiki" huh!
page 22-24: basically talking about reasons for fighting again.

I wonder if Maya's thinking Aya will be Reiki's future true master? Seems only current candidate. I really can't see Maya dying from this fight, but I think she's going to be out of action (at least) for a while.
Gigei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Gigei »

Yay thanks for the summary. Interesting, the flashback that Tawara is talking about seems to be of Maya fighting the Enforcers after Shin died.
pv82 wrote:
Agent_Wax wrote:What I wanna know is where Maya gets those clothes that are able to magically regrow themselves when ripped... :roll:

but it is wierd that her top was ripped and she was exposed in 85 and then it goes back to clinging to her here :shock:
Well her tie rather cleverly dealt some major damage. She said she could control it since it had once been "wood" or some type of natural fiber. Why not her whole outfit then? :lol: Don't really know the real reason, of course. :P
Last edited by Gigei on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

!

I did http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... &start=100 (10th post from bottom) 8)

Man it was frustrating not being able to get on this site, anyway wow, not exactly how I thought it would play out but another great chapter (OG gonna have a hard time topping this). Even after the Mataza's brother's foot Tetsuhito's arm was just nasty. I thought katana's were made by folding layer over layer so the metal was like the pages of a book, how could it have an outer layer like that?
So that was just all the gates power going out of control? Hmm whoever said Tetsuhito reminded them of Fu Chi'en that's what I thought too, I thought Souhaku had taken over and boosted Tetsuhito's power. And for some reason I didn't think Mits, Madoka and Nagi had gone ahead but were waiting back behind Maya, well at least next chapter we'll finally get to see Souhaku fight. Hopefully everyone at the school can get in on some action too. And maybe we'll see if Bob still exists (Emi and whats his name are out of the hospital and Bob's getting the dragon palm but's still there?).
Last edited by kk1 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

kk1 wrote:
!

I did http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... &start=100 8)
Nice foresight, never did think Aya was even able to see Maya's fight.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Gigei wrote:Yay thanks for the summary. Interesting, the flashback that Tawara is talking about seems to be of Maya fighting the Enforcers after Shin died.
pv82 wrote:

Well her tie rather cleverly dealt some major damage. She said she could control it since it had once been "wood" or some type of natural fiber. Why not her whole outfit then? :lol: Don't really know the real reason, of course. :P
I didn't think it was ripped, her boob just popped out since it's buttoned so low, she just popped it back in during those firt couple pages and now it's sticking to her skin because it's soaking wet. Though on pg 21 it seems to be popping again, Aya should really lend her sister some nice supportive bras or she's going to knock herself out of one of these fights. :wink:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote: bunch of pages with Tawara and flashbacks: not really sure what's going on here
Interesting, looks like we get a flashback of how Maya stood up to Mitsuomi when he took over the school. It was mentioned she had lost a lot of allies, looks like Mits didn't take any crap and took them all out.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Interesting how it seems that Reiki sucks up the users energy and that even Aya may not have enough to use it. This might possibly be leading in to who really is the successor to Shin's legacy. By that I don't mean the Dragon's Eye, but the result of Shin not being able to control his ability. Also raises the question if Aya is truly the real wielder of Reiki or possibly someone else. Remember, we haven't seen Souichirou touch Reiki yet. This could mean more "True Warrior" gobblygook maybe coming in the future.

Oh yeah, anyone have any ideas yet as to what Souhaku's holding in his hands at the end of the chapter?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Could it be that Reiki only sucks up Maya's energy?

Since she is not supposed to use it, and in fact, technically, she shouldn't BE ABLE to use it, Reiki TAKES energy from her instead of giving it.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

In shouki's summary, even Aya was worried about the feeling Reiki was causing both of them. And who ever said Reiki gives energy? It suppressed Shin's power before, not amplify it. Maybe, the katana was forged over for a reason?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

It didn't suppress Shin's energy - it gave him the ability to control it. In fact, his power only grew when he was holding Reiki.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:It didn't suppress Shin's energy - it gave him the ability to control it. In fact, his power only grew when he was holding Reiki.
I don't think it ever said it actually grew, Bunshichi just assumed it did.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Interesting how it seems that Reiki sucks up the users energy and that even Aya may not have enough to use it. This might possibly be leading in to who really is the successor to Shin's legacy. By that I don't mean the Dragon's Eye, but the result of Shin not being able to control his ability. Also raises the question if Aya is truly the real wielder of Reiki or possibly someone else. Remember, we haven't seen Souichirou touch Reiki yet. This could mean more "True Warrior" gobblygook maybe coming in the future.

Oh yeah, anyone have any ideas yet as to what Souhaku's holding in his hands at the end of the chapter?
Is it Reiki or is it just the fact that Aya is absorbing alot of blows and thus expending her energy through Reiki, I'll wait for the full translation before I speculate more. I think Reiki is Aya's, there's a reason it was in the Natsume family.

As for Souhhaku it looks more like just the edge of his sleeves to me.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Interesting how it seems that Reiki sucks up the users energy and that even Aya may not have enough to use it. This might possibly be leading in to who really is the successor to Shin's legacy. By that I don't mean the Dragon's Eye, but the result of Shin not being able to control his ability. Also raises the question if Aya is truly the real wielder of Reiki or possibly someone else. Remember, we haven't seen Souichirou touch Reiki yet. This could mean more "True Warrior" gobblygook maybe coming in the future.

Is it Reiki or is it just the fact that Aya is absorbing alot of blows and thus expending her energy through Reiki, I'll wait for the full translation before I speculate more. I think Reiki is Aya's, there's a reason it was in the Natsume family.

As for Souhhaku it looks more like just the edge of his sleeves to me.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

wow what bullshit... how the fuck do have the power of 50 dragons in your eye and not even use them. this is what you get for taking it easy on someone just cause you think there weak. if I was Kago I would kill Kagiroi for beening so careless and losing all those dragons.

and grrr I wanna see Masakata actually do something and not wait. what kind of shit is that. If Nagi takes Kago dragon than he'll be unbeatable.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

[/quote] If Nagi takes Kago dragon than he'll be unbeatable.[quote]

We don't that for sure. But it'll sure be interesting to see what the Kago family gate is. I think Nagi is more interested in kicking the crap out of Kago for what he did to his mom. I wonder when Kagiroi used that attack he inadvertenly opened the path to Kago?
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I believe Reiki's true master will be Aya. It activated in a similar manner for her in chapter 65 (?) , with the mystic bands and all.

It will be interesting to see how powerful Souhaku turns out to be next chapter (if we see a fight with him at all).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:
Rev wrote: If Nagi takes Kago dragon than he'll be unbeatable.
We don't that for sure. But it'll sure be interesting to see what the Kago family gate is. I think Nagi is more interested in kicking the crap out of Kago for what he did to his mom.
Well it's possible Souhaku doesn't have it (like Maya not everyone born into a red feather family inherits that gate), also it's possible Nagi already was born with that gate (he is his dad)and just hasn't been able to open it or it could also be lame and useless or just not that powerful.
On top of that I don't think Souhaku got to be such a badass by losing to punks like Nagi, remeber he sent Tetsuhito to get Reiki and didn't really care about anyone else. Looks like Maya may have to come to the rescue again, though I really don't see how that will be possible. :?
Hollowshingami wrote: I wonder when Kagiroi used that attack he inadvertenly opened the path to Kago?
? he's at the end of the same cave him and Maya were fighting in the path has always been open, Nagi , Mits and Madoka walked right to him.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Rev wrote:wow what bullshit... how the fuck do have the power of 50 dragons in your eye and not even use them. .
He did, Maya kept countering them.
Rev wrote: this is what you get for taking it easy on someone just cause you think there weak..
?? Beating someone until you think they're dead is taking it easy?

Rev wrote: if I was Kago I would kill Kagiroi for beening so careless and losing all those dragons.
It doesn't look like he lost them, though I don't think he'll have to kill Tetsuhito, with the blood he's losing from his wounds he'll probably be dead by the time he can get to him.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:
Look at the second to last page of chapter 81, it shows him from the front. He's just meditating or praying or whatever and those are his sleeves.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Your saying this is his sleeve!?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I wanna say some kind of stick. But there is a name for it I think. I've seen pictures of shinto priests holding something that looks similar.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Your saying this is his sleeve!?
Yeah I guess not, probably this http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/photos/koizumi_cp_5318025.jpg , or he has an enormous woody from watching Maya fight. :wink:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Over 50 dragons in that eye?! That's preposterous. Oh! Great must be on drugs again. I know he's trying to make it cool and all by playing up the Dragon powers, but there is a level where it goes from awesome to ludicrous.

Even with the 'normal' dragons like Ishiyumi's Water Dragon, there would still need to be at least 20 branch families to reach 40 Dragons. And by 50, we'd probably be reading about Dragon Pubic Hair: Flosses your teeth bright and clean or something.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Now, I was wondering about that as well.

There is a total of 36 branch families. And 6 Red Founding families. And 7 regular dragon gates. We know that Kagiroi didn't even get all of them (like Enmi).

So unless some families have more than one style (which was never indicated before, btw), how are we getting more than 50?
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

I read the manga up to volume 12 and im confused about the dragons gate business what are they.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Re-read Volume 9...