Fight 87

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Natsume Maya
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 87

Post by Natsume Maya »

Well, Fight 87 should be out tomorrow. From the looks of the s-manga.net site, Tetsuhito takes some major damage :P

Volume 14 of the manga out on 19 October 2005.

I think the October issue of Ultrajump (out in September) may skip Tenjou Tenge, though.
Natsume Danjou Maya.
http://natsumemaya.net/ (new website address)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Fight 87

Post by kk1 »

Natsume Maya wrote:Well, Fight 87 should be out tomorrow. From the looks of the s-manga.net site, Tetsuhito takes some major damage :P

I think the October issue of Ultrajump (out in September) may skip Tenjou Tenge, though.
:? s-manga still has last month's issue up....
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Oh, that happens to me too. My browser doesn't load the updated site. I think it has something to do with saving pages for quick viewing. So for IE I just constantly delete the files and it seems to help.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Oh, that happens to me too. My browser doesn't load the updated site. I think it has something to do with saving pages for quick viewing. So for IE I just constantly delete the files and it seems to help.
OK cool thanks... :shock: holy crap Maya!
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Here's 87 preview.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Seems like Tetsu is going the way of Frankie Fu. I mean, how long can one man go?..
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hopefully I can grab a copy of this chapter before I leave for Tokyo. I'm currently in New York, and will be in Tokyo as of next week for the next three months looking for a job.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

woah... he is so dead
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

That's definitely a possibility. In any case he's out of the picture now. I really interested in seeing what Kago's gate is.
ghost99
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ghost99 »

I cant wait to see how Nagi fights. He hasent fought a really good fight in a while. (Im well aware that is incorrect grammer.) Im interested to see how much he improved while he was held prisoner.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

ghost99 wrote:I cant wait to see how Nagi fights. He hasent fought a really good fight in a while. (Im well aware that is incorrect grammer.) Im interested to see how much he improved while he was held prisoner.
I think we've seen most of his improvement, I'm betting on Kago whuppin' ass.
Last edited by kk1 on Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

EliteF22 wrote:Here's 87 preview.

yup.. leaves off where Maya cut's off a practically of his arm at the end of Fight 86.

Kago is going to whup ass.... or at least he should or it would be anticlimatic.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

thought she had already defeated him in 86... this will be interesting, we might even see some Mits V. Kago
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

By the looks of Maya, she isn't in a good condition herself. All it might take is one good opening for Tetsuhito to exploit, and she could be lying right beside Makiko... That is, if he survives a slash like that.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I don't think it's a slash. Look like his upper torso is separated from its bottom half.

Enough with Tetsuhito. Personally, I want them to get it on with Souhaku. And least have a little chat.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Any sign of the chappy? Anybody?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Should be up sometime today. It's not that much of a wait.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Should be up sometime today. It's not that much of a wait.
Taking longer than usual though... :x
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

maya :(

anyone want to make a torrent?, i can send you the chapter

Oh Great is going to have a lot of explaining to do if maya dies :(
Faust Am
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Faust Am »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:maya :(

anyone want to make a torrent?, i can send you the chapter

Oh Great is going to have a lot of explaining to do if maya dies :(
Hm... hm...

I dunno what's happening... but if Oh! Great really wanted Nagi to end up with Aya that badly.... killing Maya would be one great way though... um... perhaps??? :roll:

But a lot of friends of mine... will stop reading this manga.... since their main reason of reading it is to see Maya. Hm.... downgrade rating should be really devastating if a lot of people are like that... hm???

*Sorry... bad grammar...
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't know, for Oh! Great to kill Maya off. She's such a big part of the story. Maybe, it will just look like she's dead so then Souichirou will think he's lost the person he loves. Then his daddy will get "the characteristic of not loving anyone", the last trait that Souichirou didn't seem to have. Maybe we'll be seeing a totally unleashed Souichirou soon.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

You guys are planning to share or what?

PS Send it my way, i'll host it on a http for everyone (artjomh@gmail.com)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Nobody shared, so it's going to be just a torrent...

http://www.point-blank.cc:7001/torrents ... f2ed2e5252
shinta1868
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinta1868 »

no please dont let Maya die
Mitsumi was badass on the last page
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Well, that chapter was... interesting.

I'd say it's pretty likely Maya really is dead. Oh Great! certainly has balls.

Though it looks like no TJTG next month so maybe he's fleeing the country...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

i dont think he would have enough balls to kill off maya, didn't he say in the tjtg special that he really liked maya? and most of the fans love her too... i think (hope) he is just building something dramatic up here, cause killing off maya would suck to much. I didn't read 87 chapters to see that happen :(

She started remembering stuff like she did in the other chapter when she was suposidly dead, laying on her back. She is probley just doing the same thing now. The only "main" (if you would call it) character that has died thus far is shin no?(Mana too) and he was introduced after all the others story had a good foot hold. If Oh Great would have started in the past arc it would probley have ticked a lot of people off shin died.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:i dont think he would have enough balls to kill off maya, didn't he say in the tjtg special that he really liked maya? and most of the fans love her too... i think (hope) he is just building something dramatic up here, cause killing off maya would suck to much. I didn't read 87 chapters to see that happen :(

She started remembering stuff like she did in the other chapter when she was suposidly dead, laying on her back. She is probley just doing the same thing now. The only "main" (if you would call it) character that has died thus far is shin no?(Mana too) and he was introduced after all the others story had a good foot hold. If Oh Great would have started in the past arc it would probley have ticked a lot of people off shin died.
His fave female is Isuzu not Maya. As for her dying it certainly would make an impact and if she dies she went out with a bang just like grey fox in metal gear solid1.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kk1 wrote:
ghost99 wrote:I cant wait to see how Nagi fights. He hasent fought a really good fight in a while. (Im well aware that is incorrect grammer.) Im interested to see how much he improved while he was held prisoner.
I think we've seen most of his improvement, I'm betting on Kago whuppin' ass.
Wow was I ever wrong...still can anyone else say "too easy"?
While there is no way I can see Maya dead, the timing is right if he was going to do it, wait until the anime and all it's tie-ins are over and done, still it doesn't make sense Souhaku going out like a bitch, Maya surviving Tetsuhito's beating only to die from a wound that just appeared. Of course she did offer her life to Reiki, looks like it did take it...

Hey who are those new people?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Some other comments about this chapter:

Not sure what the babe ("Shoujou"?) and the boy (Kabane) beside Aya are doing. The boy says that Aya's "Ki" is flowing out rapidly and thinks only Reiki could do that - he also knows that her mind is "elsewhere". The babe comments that it's a bit of letdown that the "invincible" dragon-eye has such a big weakness. They don't seem to be in a hurry to move her or anything - the boy wants to use the opportunity to draw on Aya's forehead (cliche joke).

Early on, Maya screams in anguish (the 8th image), because killing Tetsuhito (first person she's killed) makes her the same as Shin and Mitsuomi.

Maya is struggling to take Reiki to the others since without it Souhaku "will never..." something. Maybe getting his head cut off won't kill him, or some other weirdness. Anyway, Aya is rapidly running out of energy - the boy comments that she's already passed her limits, and just before we see Maya's heart explode (?), he comments that he can smell death.

Maya realises she completely overdid it considering the shape she was in. She already nearly died once and making Reiki activate was too much.

When poor Aya tries to catch Maya she hears the sound of something snapping. I think she says she heard the same sound once before (reference to Shinn dying perhaps?)

After she collapsed, Maya said: Aya... Are you there? Can... you... hear me...? Y... you once asked me... "what does it mean to be strong?" You... will..." What follows is a bunch of Maya's thoughts on that question.

In the battle with Souhaku, he basically challenges them to try to kill him and Souichiro and Mawari can't do it.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Now imagine Kago resurrecting in Maya's body, weilding Reiki... :shock:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Thanks shouki, interesting if I had to put my money on who is going to come back alive next chapter it's Souhaku. (changed my avatar in memorium).
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Definitely. Souhaku is way too smart and strong for this to happen. Somehow, I sense that this is exactly the way he wanted.

As for Maya... there is a distinct possibility that this is it, however, I have strong doubts. She fought with a bang and then went out with a whimper?

Not bloody likely, if you ask me.

But as long as her death (real or otherwise) encourages Mitsuomi to kick ass and take names, I shall be content.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Yeah, waayyyyy too easy. Did you see the smile he had on his face at the end. Plus, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of barrier? Is that why Souichirou and Madoka couldn't attack him. But then why can Mitsuomi attack him. Dammit more questions than answers. Me thinks he may do something with Mitsuomi, since he said in the past that he would see which of the Takayanagi brothers would be stronger. Do we know yet if Shoujou and Kabane are working for Souhaku? Well, better late then never for them to make their debuts. What's with the gecko activating that symbol table thing?

Could this chain of events be leading up to the revealing of what Souichirou's Kago ability is? Without Souhaku what other option is there for showing that ability. First guess is that it has something to do with dead people. Second guess is that it is related to Inue's Dragon's Roar. Maybe, instead of controlling a person it goes a step further and allows the user to transfer their consciousness into another person.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Yeah, waayyyyy too easy. Did you see the smile he had on his face at the end. Plus, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of barrier? Is that why Souichirou and Madoka couldn't attack him. But then why can Mitsuomi attack him. Dammit more questions than answers. Me thinks he may do something with Mitsuomi, since he said in the past that he would see which of the Takayanagi brothers would be stronger. Do we know yet if Shoujou and Kabane are working for Souhaku? Well, better late then never for them to make their debuts. What's with the gecko activating that symbol table thing?

Looks like the "you can't kill your dad" thing stopped Madoka and Souichiro, obviously Mitsuomi has no such attachments. Looks like we finally get to see the rest of the red feathers powers with the new people . I knew he could tell Aya was watching and would send someone. And yet we still don't get to see Souhaku's power...hmm I'm going to have to look up that gecko kanji.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If someone can't access the torrent, I'll host <a href="http://mrprophet.com/temp/v14c87(raw).rar">this</a> for a while.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

First, thanks MrProphet for the link.

Second, seems like my fears of Maya dying were founded after all.
In retrospect if Aya's ki activated Reiki and Reiki resurrected Maya then it makes sense that once Aya runs out of Ki Maya dies... :(

Let's hope Maya comes back somehow or that she simply fainted or something.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
ghost99
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: Fight 87

Post by ghost99 »

Natsume Maya wrote:Well, Fight 87 should be out tomorrow. From the looks of the s-manga.net site, Tetsuhito takes some major damage :P

Are you sure that the October issue of Ultrajump in september will skip Tenjou Tenge?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

He sometimes skips chapters during tankoubon releases. He did it a year ago, if my memory doesn't desert me.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Ricco wrote:First, thanks MrProphet for the link.

Second, seems like my fears of Maya dying were founded after all.
In retrospect if Aya's ki activated Reiki and Reiki resurrected Maya then it makes sense that once Aya runs out of Ki Maya dies... :(

Let's hope Maya comes back somehow or that she simply fainted or something.
Her heart seems to have gone in a big way. The special healers that exist use the person's own Ki, and Maya probably has zero left.

Of course, Oh Great! could be yanking our chain. But, in a way, with such a death-scene, I'd almost rather her not turn out to be alive. Would feel cheap, I think.

I hate to say it, but I think we should start considering how Maya's death will affect Souichiro, Mitsuomi and of course Aya - who now has no parents, and has lost both her elder brother and elder sister. Imagine Aya all alone in that big house. Not that Aya is alone in suffering, but I expect her to more obviously affected than anyone. Aya's going to probably be out of it for a while (completely drained her Ki), and had to watch her sister die while she could do nothing.

Of course, there's other characters who care about Maya too.

There's also the question of what's going to happen to Reiki. Will Souichiro and co walk back, and find Maya and the sword, or just Maya or...?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

We have to also consider a possibility that Aya is being kidnapped in order to tap into Reiki's power. Or stop Aya from getting to Reiki. There are several possibilities.

So we might not be able to dwell much on her.

But that is for the future.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

MrProphet wrote:We have to also consider a possibility that Aya is being kidnapped in order to tap into Reiki's power. Or stop Aya from getting to Reiki. There are several possibilities.

So we might not be able to dwell much on her.

But that is for the future.
2 months at least...

But they don't seem like kidnappers to me. Though they're clearly not ordinary people. And what about Masataka and the others nearby?

Either they have some unusual instructions from Souhaku or Mitsuomi, are allies of some sort, or are part of a completely different group. They don't seem particularly sympathetic towards Aya, nor hostile. They don't look overly threatening, nor like those you might expect to see on the hero's side. The babe seems a bit concerned when Aya starts thrashing, so it's not like they want her dead. But they know about Takayanagi and Sou families from long ago, about the Dragon Eye and stuff.

Unless I've missed something, they're completely grey at the moment. Going to be a long 2 months.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Thanks for the link Mr. Prophet. Great chapter.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

shouki wrote:2 months at least...

But they don't seem like kidnappers to me. Though they're clearly not ordinary people. And what about Masataka and the others nearby?

Either they have some unusual instructions from Souhaku or Mitsuomi, are allies of some sort, or are part of a completely different group. They don't seem particularly sympathetic towards Aya, nor hostile. They don't look overly threatening, nor like those you might expect to see on the hero's side. The babe seems a bit concerned when Aya starts thrashing, so it's not like they want her dead. But they know about Takayanagi and Sou families from long ago, about the Dragon Eye and stuff.

Unless I've missed something, they're completely grey at the moment. Going to be a long 2 months.
If they are indeed Shojyou and Kabane, they could certainly be Mitsuomi's pals. We know Kago doesn't like the Reds too much, so they could be from a different camp.

We just don't know...

And Masataka is at school, while Aya is at the Natsume dojo.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Isn't Aya at the Juukenbu dojo? Erg... I don't have the older chapters to hand so I can't check.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Isn't Aya at the Juukenbu dojo? Erg... I don't have the older chapters to hand so I can't check.
That's where I thought she was, I think those new people are the last couple red feather families we haven't seen and are connected to Souhaku. If Maya isn't dead it's going to be like Sar Trek where Spock stuck himself in Dr. McCoy until his body was fixed and Maya's somehow in Reiki or Souhaku is going to use Maya's body. It's just waaaayyy to much of a coincidence Maya and Kago dying that close to each other. Man how does Oh! Great do it? he just keeps you wanting more with every chapter. I can't belive there are people who say this is just your typical boring shonen high school fighting manga :?

This is going to be a loooong 2 months :cry:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Juukenbu dojo IS the Natsume dojo. Aya said in the beginning that the dojo is the only thing left of their old estate.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

I vaguely remembered this scene. Managed to download the relevant chapter, and uploaded one page here:

http://tinypic.com/awvo1s.png

I don't think it could be clearer. That's definitely at school. That's from chapter 82, page 15. So Aya's body should be inside.

The Juukenbu dojo is at school - it's the place Shin took over (with some help). Also the place Souichiro fell in on, landing on Aya, in chapter 1.

PS G'night all.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

The taller one seems to have either some kind of eyepatch, like Makiko, or a tattoo on her left eye. Maybe a connection to her red feather power? That is if she is one.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Juukenbu dojo IS the Natsume dojo. Aya said in the beginning that the dojo is the only thing left of their old estate.
Shouki is right Mr Prophet, they are 2 separate places. What Aya said is all the Natumes have is the house and land (no money). The Jyukenbu is a school club and so have a building at school (which Shin took from the other clubs) and that is where Aya is.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:I vaguely remembered this scene. Managed to download the relevant chapter, and uploaded one page here:

http://tinypic.com/awvo1s.png

I don't think it could be clearer. That's definitely at school. That's from chapter 82, page 15. So Aya's body should be inside.

Page 4 of this chapter shows it too. It zooms in from a wide shot of the dojo at scoool to Aya lying inside.