Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

There's a new preview for it at s-manga.net. :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Yes, I'm hoping to get good scans of it so I can translate.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I know it's kinda soon, but has anyone seen a raw for this yet?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I haven't heard anything about scans, but I bet they are around on Winny. If anyone finds them, please let me know so I can translate it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

On a happy note, I just got some excellent scans from The Zombie King for the chapter of Dogs from Ultra Jump. I'll probably work on them concurrently with Tenjo Tenge. Since I'm kind of in the middle of a vacation (and / or jobhunt) expect progress to be slow.
digital-z3ro
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by digital-z3ro »

i'm the zombie king fugu was speaking of :) i bring good news also. rannsama [the one who scanned the pages] has said she will be buying Ultra jump every month, and agreed to scan them for us every month in the same great quality. this means we'll always be able to keep up with what's going on :D
lihsa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by lihsa »

Yay! Thats really great news! Thank you so, so much for continuing to give us this awesome manga ^_^

Im so excited to see how the art style may have changed since the first volume, since it was so long ago. Is it possible that you could somehow post the untranslated pages? Im just so desperate for more DOGS I dont even care if I can unserstand whats going on anymore XP

Either way, thanks.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Awesome. :D Digital-z3ro tell rannsama thank you very much.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

New wallpapers on Shirow's site:

http://mmm-gee.cool.ne.jp/wallpaper/index.html
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

lihsa wrote:Is it possible that you could somehow post the untranslated pages? Im just so desperate for more DOGS I dont even care if I can unserstand whats going on anymore XP
I'm not going to torrent up the untranslated stuff since that isn't really what I do, and I'm really busy right now, but you might ask digital-z3ro.
digital-z3ro
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by digital-z3ro »

lihsa wrote:Yay! Thats really great news! Thank you so, so much for continuing to give us this awesome manga ^_^

Im so excited to see how the art style may have changed since the first volume, since it was so long ago. Is it possible that you could somehow post the untranslated pages? Im just so desperate for more DOGS I dont even care if I can unserstand whats going on anymore XP

Either way, thanks.
well i don't want to put out the RAW, but i'll show teasers that won't spoil

lihsa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by lihsa »

Oooooh those are gorgeous. I cant wait till the translation is out. Thanks again for (respectively) scanning/translating this manga and er... Ill just be over here, drooling over the art and wondering what the hells going on..

^_^
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

ok, well, I finished up the Tenjo Tenge translation and now I'm starting on this one. Probably will go slowly though since I'm also looking for jobs and will be going on (another) vacation soon.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I just got my may ultra jump. :? I don't know what the hold up was but I'll probably get the raw of this in september.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Thanks for the translation Fugu. :D Judging from this month's preview it looks like the Blade Maiden has a story next month.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Does anyone know if Dogs was in the most recent Ultra Jump? Does anyone have scans?

I'm going to Tokyo tomorrow, but I won't have a scanner.
chemiberry
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chemiberry »

Dogs was in the lastest (September) issue of Ultra Jump. I can provide scans, I just need to know where to send the scans and what resolution is needed for the pictures?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

chemiberry wrote:Dogs was in the lastest (September) issue of Ultra Jump. I can provide scans, I just need to know where to send the scans and what resolution is needed for the pictures?
Send scans to me - fugu at this domain dot com - and I prefer high resolution, but I will downsize them to 1024 pixels wide, or possibly 1280 depending on my mood.

I've been in Japan for about a week now, I just haven't had a chance to pick up Ultra Jump yet.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Just received scans for chapter 2

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chemiberry, I just received scans of chapter 2 from zombie king / digital-z3ro, so I've started translating with those. You don't have to worry about getting your scans to me if you don't want to...
digital-z3ro
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by digital-z3ro »

I just emailed fugu scans of Dogs: Wounded and Flawless [chapter three] only like.. a day after i emailed him scans of the second chapter.
chemiberry
Yuurei
Yuurei

chemiberry the scanner rookie

Post by chemiberry »

Aww, sorry for the late running of my scans... I've just finished scanning them today because of some problems with my scanner, and now I just can't send the scans because the file is way too big. That means either I save all the pictures again and send them anyway if Fugu is still interested or I just forget about it for this month.
Well, I'll try to be more efficient next time. Anyway, thanks for the translations! :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've finished translating chapter 2, will start with chapter 3 shortly. I think I'll wait to distribute until I'm done with chap. 3, since I should finish up in about a week, and it will make it easier to keep two chapters seeded instead of running seeds for both.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Thanks for the torrent Fugu. :D Double the Dogs goodness.
SaberStrykeX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by SaberStrykeX »

Is anybody else having trouble downloading the torrent for chapters 2 & 3? Everytime I open the torrent it says "no error occured" and lists one of the .jpg files. Any suggestions?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

SaberStrykeX wrote:Is anybody else having trouble downloading the torrent for chapters 2 & 3? Everytime I open the torrent it says "no error occured" and lists one of the .jpg files. Any suggestions?
What client are you using? I suggest using http://azureus.sourceforge.net/.

Help?

Post by Guest »

:( I'm having problems. The message I get is

ERROR (09/08/05 07:40:16) -
Couldn't allocate dir - [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'C:\\XXXXXXXX\\Dogs Bullets and Carnage chaps 2 3\\Dogs:Bullets and Carnage Chapter 02 Maiden and Eisen'

Googling this gets me no solution. Any suggestions?
PMB

Post by PMB »

I got the same error message with BitTornado so I tried TorrentStorm but that just keeps idling...
:!:
Why is it C:\\...\\?
Last I looked the system uses C:\folder\anotherfolder\file :?:

Post by Guest »

it's the 2nd chapter's folder name which contains a ":" which is an illegal character to name folders under Windows OS AFAIK that causes the problem... i finished dl 3rd chapter which is OK but 2nd chapter won't run... can anyone fix this problem?? I notice there are 100% completed seeders, I wonder....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I think Azureus should work without any problem. I thought ":" was ok on Windows, but it is the directory separator chat on Mac, so I removed all of them from my files. Clearly I missed one. Other people who emailed me earlier had problems but were able to get it with Azureus.

Ah, cross-platform compatibility problems. Great. I'm on linux, by the way.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've removed the ":" character from the directory, and things should work now. Hope that gets rid of the problems.

Post by Guest »

Thanks a lot for the quick repair, Fugu. :D And as always, thanks for the translation. :D

Post by Guest »

I don't mean to be obnoxious, but is there any way someone could host a download of this somewhere? I've been fiddling with my torrent for about two days now, but it's still making me sleep on the couch. Any help'd be much appreciated!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:I don't mean to be obnoxious, but is there any way someone could host a download of this somewhere? I've been fiddling with my torrent for about two days now, but it's still making me sleep on the couch. Any help'd be much appreciated!
What problems are you having? Torrents are a pretty normal method of file distribution now, and I am running at least one seed that is not NATed, so there should not be any problems.

I can't host the files in any other manner, since I already put out about 4GB a month just hosting this site - that's my limit and I don't feel like paying more than $30 a month for what is essentially a hobby.

Maybe some other people on this forum can help though. I'm always happy to have my translations spread around.

Post by Guest »

Um, it's basically just sitting there giving be the bitch treatment. I'm fairly used to that, lol. Bittorrent sometimes works fine for me, but if it doesn't work, it does absolutely nothing at all. I've tried figuring out the port thing since I am on a router, but it never seemed to make much of a difference. Which means I'm probably just doing it wrong ,_,
At any rate, I'm happy you're translating this stuff. I just thought I'd toss an early help query out because the Shirow Miwa jones was calling. Thanks for the friendly reply!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Anonymous wrote:Um, it's basically just sitting there giving be the bitch treatment. I'm fairly used to that, lol. Bittorrent sometimes works fine for me, but if it doesn't work, it does absolutely nothing at all. I've tried figuring out the port thing since I am on a router, but it never seemed to make much of a difference. Which means I'm probably just doing it wrong ,_,
At any rate, I'm happy you're translating this stuff. I just thought I'd toss an early help query out because the Shirow Miwa jones was calling. Thanks for the friendly reply!
Yes, it sounds like you need to forward a port for BitTorrent. It doesn't work well behind NAT.
underdark
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by underdark »

I will post this new DOGS pack on a http server later on today, when I come home.

It will be for a short time, but people who have problem with torrent and irc will have a chance.

Have yet to dl the chaps. ^^

Post by Guest »

That would be absolutely wonderful!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Chapter 4 came out two weeks ago maybe, I picked up the Ultra Jump that it is in, but I don't have a scanner. I haven't found scans for it either - does anyone know if any are floating around, or would anyone like to scan it in? I'm happy to send the Ultra Jump off somewhere if someone is interested and able to scan.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

This is the only place I've found a torrent of Dogs. I'm pretty sure you could of found it on the IRC but it looks like it's down now. That was probably the only place, unfortunately.
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

So Fugu, what's going on with chapter 4? Could you at least give us a summary? (I for one, don't mind being spoiled)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

siedhr wrote:So Fugu, what's going on with chapter 4? Could you at least give us a summary? (I for one, don't mind being spoiled)
It's sitting in the latest Ultra Jump in the living room.

The chapter focused on Haine and Naoto. Naoto went to talk to the Bishop, and got some information about Haine and Badou's previous exploits. The gang that captured Haine sent some thugs out to capture Nill, since they think she's leverage they can use against Haine. Naoto is there though, and springs into action.

Back at the gang's hideout, Haine has been captured and the boss of the gang starts taunting him. He shreds the boss' face and his thugs. Giovanni seems very pleased. That's where the chapter leaves off.
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

Fugu, thank you for the summary. I wish I could see it.

I actually have access at a scanner at work, but I'm all the way in Romania and you don't know me and all, so there's no hope there. Are there really no Dogs fans with a scanner closer to you? (rethorical question)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

siedhr wrote:Fugu, thank you for the summary. I wish I could see it.

I actually have access at a scanner at work, but I'm all the way in Romania and you don't know me and all, so there's no hope there. Are there really no Dogs fans with a scanner closer to you? (rethorical question)
I'm in Japan, there are probably lots of Dogs fans close to me with a scanner. I just don't know any of them.
siedhr
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by siedhr »

Fugu, perhaps you could ask about a scanner somewhere more visible, a new thread, or somewhere on the Dogs page on MangaTranslation.