Will u guys keep translating tenjou tenge? ^^

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

uthersano
Yuurei
Yuurei

Will u guys keep translating tenjou tenge? ^^

Post by uthersano »

hello everyone! hei guys will u keep translating tenjou tenge mangas?? o loved it ! and u guys r doing a good work too ^^

tnx and ill wait for the answer
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Fugu does text translations during his spare time. He hasn't said anything about stopping, you'd have to ask him.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I plan to continue putting out text translations for Tenjo Tenge. Since it is licensed in the US, I will not put out "scanlations" but at least people who have access to the Japanese raws can use my translations to understand the raws.

Apparently this month there is a side story that isn't really related to the main arc though.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Uh, actually, that's next month, Fugu.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Agent_Wax wrote:Uh, actually, that's next month, Fugu.
Yep, I just picked up the October issue, and there's not a thing related to Tenjo Tenge in it. Well, an advertisment for Tenjo Tenge volume 14 which will go on sale in a month or two.

New chapter of Dogs though.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Well, it's good Dogs is being serialized on a regular basis. If you think about it's not surprising he takes breaks. I mean he is doing two mangas at once. I might be wrong, buy most manga artists don't usually do more than one manga, at one time.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Air Gear is released weekly, while TJTG is coming out once a month.

Hence the quality difference.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Hey back when Marvel did that whole rebirth of the heros arc after Onslaught Jim Lee ended up having to do at least two comics a month. After that ass Rob Liefield left Marvel asked Jim Lee to pick up the monthly art duties an he did. Don't remember how long he did it for, but that shows dedication. Especially one of the big differences between American and Japanese comic artists; American artists don't have assistants.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Hey back when Marvel did that whole rebirth of the heros arc after Onslaught Jim Lee ended up having to do at least two comics a month. After that ass Rob Liefield left Marvel asked Jim Lee to pick up the monthly art duties an he did. Don't remember how long he did it for, but that shows dedication. Especially one of the big differences between American and Japanese comic artists; American artists don't have assistants.
Well, I always thought that it was an issue of the individual. Some people work fast, some slow. And some artists make more detailed artwork than others. There are plenty of American artists out there who can't meet deadlines either. But I always thought that the primary difference between artist working in American and Japanese comics is that the Americans tend to do work for hire, where they get paid according to the amount they produce, while Japanese creators work usually on creator-owned products, profits of which are dependent more on popularity and quality than on how much of it you can produce in a given time. Of course, the more titles you work on, potentially more profit can be made...
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"