The "True Warrior"

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

trueazn141
Yuurei
Yuurei

The "True Warrior"

Post by trueazn141 »

I'm kinda confused here. The OVA of Tenjou Tenge points to Nagi as the true warrior. Yet in the manga they hint that Masataka might be the true warrior. Perhaps the OVA is foreshadowing something? Or are they just completely unrelated.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Oh! Great has hinted at two possibilites of a "True Warrior." There's Dougen's view of a superman who can beat anybody and Souhaku's view of a supernatural superman using the powers of the dragon's to beat everybody. Souhaku calls his version "True Demon." So it looks like its a toss up between Masataka and Souichirou as to who's the "True Warrior."
Keluangman
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Keluangman »

as much as i like nagi i think hes more likely to be the 'true demon' :cry:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Oh! Great has hinted at two possibilites of a "True Warrior." There's Dougen's view of a superman who can beat anybody and Souhaku's view of a supernatural superman using the powers of the dragon's to beat everybody. Souhaku calls his version "True Demon." So it looks like its a toss up between Masataka and Souichirou as to who's the "True Warrior."
When did Mitsuomi fall out of the runningf?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: The "True Warrior"

Post by kk1 »

trueazn141 wrote:I'm kinda confused here. The OVA of Tenjou Tenge points to Nagi as the true warrior. Yet in the manga they hint that Masataka might be the true warrior. Perhaps the OVA is foreshadowing something? Or are they just completely unrelated.
The anime took lots of little divergences, truth be told the maga hasn't gotten to it yet so if it's foreshadowing we still don't know. Keep reading, new chapter this week...
Kon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kon »

I hope Masataka would bee true warrior if i understood correctly.
i just cant somehow accept the idea that Soichiro would bee stronger than Masataka. it can bee that Soichiro will become that dragon thing and Masataka true warrior. and then it has somewhat same kind ending as it were whit mitsumi and shin. expect all that losing your mind to the darknes as it happend to mitsumi.

and sorry my bad english try understand.
MÄ TAHDON KALJALLE!
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

it can bee that Soichiro will become that dragon thing and Masataka true warrior.
You mean the true demon? If go with that line of thinking Nagi and Masataka and definitely on a collision course but I don't think it's that simple. Masataka almost seems like an outsider at this point, even though he's very much a part of the story. Maya and his brother are trying to keep him out of the current events that are tied to F. With this recent chapter I can't really see Mistsuomi being qualified for being the true warrior. He seems to be one of the demons that the true warrior is supposed to wipe out. He seems to be just a big of a monster as Kago. But the translation from this recent chapter may say differently. Or it might be something similar to what he said at the end of fight 46.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I still say tawara kicks the crap out of Nagi, but needs help fro mMasataka in the end to defeat Souhaku 8)
Maya Asakura
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Maya Asakura »

ummmm :D
I m a happy person.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Are all your posts going to be filled with words like that ? :shock: :lol:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Mitsuomi was raised and modeled to be the True Warrior, though he didn't exactly turn out to be the True Warrior that Dougen had envisioned. Interestingly, what happened to Mitsuomi--with his father manipulating events and setting up a conflict between him and a monster (Shin)--can be sort of compared to what Souhaku had been doing to his son.

Or perhaps one should ask if the "True Warrior" and the "True Demon" are one and the same, like two sides of the same coin--or if they're even worth it in the first place?

Pure speculation--but considering that Shin was taken from Souhaku by Dougen, with both Souhaku and Dougen having some plans in store for the guy, it also makes me wonder if both were on a race to produce a True Warrior for their own purpose.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kujoe wrote:Mitsuomi was raised and modeled to be the True Warrior, though he didn't exactly turn out to be the True Warrior that Dougen had envisioned. Interestingly, what happened to Mitsuomi--with his father manipulating events and setting up a conflict between him and a monster (Shin)--can be sort of compared to what Souhaku had been doing to his son.

Or perhaps one should ask if the "True Warrior" and the "True Demon" are one and the same, like two sides of the same coin--or if they're even worth it in the first place?

Pure speculation--but considering that Shin was taken from Souhaku by Dougen, with both Souhaku and Dougen having some plans in store for the guy, it also makes me wonder if both were on a race to produce a True Warrior for their own purpose.
Sure looks like it, though I wouldn't characterize it as a race as Souhaku was willing to sit and wait for years until the opportunity presented itself. I still see Aya and maybe even Masataka throwing a monkey wrench into any current path to the true warrior(or demon) Mitsuomi or Nagi may be on.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't think Mitsuomi has the chance to become the True Warrior anymore. His body is dying on him. I see Aya and Masataka as equal in terms of power, but not candidates for the True Warrior. Possible reason for Nagi becoming the True Warrior/Demon is that he has the potential to get stronger and stronger, whereas Aya and Masataka will peak at some point. He also appears to be the only person that has a chance of getting all the dragon abilities in him, which seems to be the direction of the story; what happens when you have all the abilities in one person. Will that lead to the creation of the True Warrior/Demon? It seems that Oh! Great will be answering that soon.

I think Maya will have a big part to play in the creation of the True Warrior/Demon, since she herself is something of an abnormality. She should have had the Dragon's Eye, but she was born without it. So you've got one person deprived of power, who by all accounts should have been born with it, and you have another person who gains power by depriving others of it. It seems a clash will be inevitable at some point. Which would bring the story around full circle, since Nagi's whooping at the hands of Maya seemed to start the whole story. A rematch would be interesting.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Nah, Mitsuomi sure isn't the True Warrior of legend--and I doubt he even cares. He's pretty adamant about correcting his father's failures and the mistakes of the past. He seems to care more about his 1000 year War (or whatever that is..) than a title he may have or have not held onto.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

The True Warrior eh? i think Souchirou can match that description of one, im not sure about Masataka, he sure is good but im not sure if he is good enough that you can call him a True Warrior.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

actually because masataka has barely any spotlight in the manga so cant really say his potential but he IS mitsoumi's brother so he has to be good in some way mitsoumi has high expectations of him so masataka might get really strong maybe even be the "true warrior"
Leepee
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Leepee »

I think they said he could be the true warrior because he saved people´s lives especially Fu Chien´s from being totally destroyed by Souhaku´s necklace thing? so he was kind of like a hero and used his skills to save people so maybe that´s why they were saying he could be the true warrior.
That´s the way the cookie crumbles
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well I mean I've always viewed the "True Warrior" and the "True Demon" as the same thing. To Souhaku, who wanted to get rid of all "dragon powers", it would make sense for him to call the "true warrior," the "true demon" in his eyes. With dougen tho, sometimes I think he is consumed in his own arrogance when he tried making mitsuomi the "True Warrior." To me it seems as if, only his successor could be the "True Warrior" and he knocked off the possibilities of anyone else becoming that. Same wiht souhaku in choosing nagi. But who knows how Oh Great is gonna take the path. To me, it's gonna be either nagi or masataka. With the way the anime went, it seems to lean toward nagi being the true warrior than masataka but who really took the anime seriously? :roll:
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

There is a lot of debate over who the True Warrior could be, but the point I'd like to raise is... why does everyone assume the True warrior is the most powerful warrior. This crosses over with the 'who is the strongest member of the Jyukenbu?' question that is raised when Masataka says 'on that day the strongest member was born'. I think that Nagi will be/is the strongest member of the Jyukenbu BUT I do not think he will turn out to be the true warrior. But I'm also not 100% sure it will be Masataka either, at this point it could be ANYONE. Personally my view of who and what the true warrior will be is someone who is true in heart and fights for the greatest good. For me that counts Mitsuomi out as he is way too twisted by this point (although in my opinion still noble). It also counts Aya out for me. Why? Aya is too controlled by her feelings (i.e. those for Nagi). One can never say what she would do depending on who is around. The biggest candidates for me at this point would have to be Masataka and Bunshichi. Both of them seem to be 'good guys' 100% of the time.

Opinions.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I mean I just can't see Bunschichi as the "True Warrior" He's already as powerful as is and only way i can see someone being "The True Warrior" is that they start at the bottom of the food chain and work their way up. Thats why i say Masataka would be a better nominee or nagi. But who knows.... we can debate this for days in and out but only until the manga reveals who it is, is when can not speculate.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

i don't think the true warrior exists from what i've seen mits can't be a true warrior by crying freak and trying to kill him.

mastaka might become it or maybe it might just be bob (bob yea right reiki has gotten more air time than him) :lol:

well at this point the concept of the true warrior doesn't exist in any of the characters!
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

HappyStealer wrote:I mean I just can't see Bunschichi as the "True Warrior" He's already as powerful as is and only way i can see someone being "The True Warrior" is that they start at the bottom of the food chain and work their way up. Thats why i say Masataka would be a better nominee or nagi. But who knows.... we can debate this for days in and out but only until the manga reveals who it is, is when can not speculate.
This is my point, why is it that you assume the true warrior is the most powerful warrior?
Ayato_Kamina
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ayato_Kamina »

I think the true warrior will have something to do with the unity of the dragons fist and the dragon's eye ;)
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

i dont think mitsomi is the true warrior because all his super abilities basically came from an unnatural source that bieng the dragon chi that shin hit him with.

i will admit that his strong body allowed him to survive but just because he is so strong i dont think overwelming power makes him the "true warrior" i think i'll agree with sho haku when he said that mastaka is the true warrior
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Kago seemed shocked when he said it, though. I'm just starting to wonder if the whole true demon/warrior thing is the same.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

i think they are the different sides of the same coin.

in vol 14 ver 2 kago says the only true warrior was the tayanagi ancestor the susa man if all the paranormal abilities and tayanagi power came from him then i think neither nagi nor mits can "truely" become the true warrior i mean nagi will get all the supernatural abilities but mits has all the techniques.

if the "true warrior" really has to be the true warrior then he will need to be made of both.

maybe maya + mits child needs to hook up with nagi aya kid kind of incestuous if you asked me
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I read it described as more than someone having supernatural abilities or techniques. Well according to what Fu said said fight 38, "A 'True Warrior' to exorcise all the 'Demons'. He probably heard that from Dougen. Similar to the concept of strength in the manga, meaning everyone has their own interpetation of it, the True Warrior could be a different thing to different people. Mistsuomi said right before ursurping his father that "The only thing that can control a poison is another poison. That is the form that I think the 'True Warrior' will take". That's what he thinks it is, I guess. It's kinda vague, though. I'm not sure whether he THINKS he is the True Warrior or that is the form, whoever becomes the True Warrior will take. His opinion in the end, though.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote: It's kinda vague, though. I'm not sure whether he THINKS he is the True Warrior or that is the form, whoever becomes the True Warrior will take. His opinion in the end, though.
Right it is vague and we and even the characters don't know and won't know who it is until he actually does what the true wrrior is supposed to do. Dougen tried to make Mitsuomi what he thinks the TW should be, Mitsuomi is trying to make himself into what he thinks the true warrior should be (which is 2 different things) Souhaku wondered whether Masataka could be the TW. It's kinda silly for us to speculate when even the concept to the characters is all speculation but whoever it turns out to be, so far it seems only Mitsuomi and Masataka seem likely candidates.
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

kk1 wrote:
Right it is vague and we and even the characters don't know and won't know who it is until he actually does what the true wrrior is supposed to do. Dougen tried to make Mitsuomi what he thinks the TW should be, Mitsuomi is trying to make himself into what he thinks the true warrior should be (which is 2 different things) Souhaku wondered whether Masataka could be the TW. It's kinda silly for us to speculate when even the concept to the characters is all speculation but whoever it turns out to be, so far it seems only Mitsuomi and Masataka seem likely candidates.
Well thats the point I was trying to make. 99% of people make the assumption that the true warrior is simply the strongest warrior. The word true implies something different to me, its about a way of thinking, not how strong you are. But then again, that would open the way for more than one true warrior right? So obviously some kind of special ability would have to be involved as well.
Sanji
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sanji »

I dont now how it is in the manga but in the anime Mtzuomi is fighting against nagi in the last episode! and he says that Nagi is the true warrior!

hmm is he thinking that nagi is it or is he sure?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hollowshingami wrote:I read it described as more than someone having supernatural abilities or techniques. Well according to what Fu said said fight 38, "A 'True Warrior' to exorcise all the 'Demons'. He probably heard that from Dougen.
Interesting that you mention this. Doesn't that remind you of the "demon exorcist?" I think from that point on readers began starting to see a parallel between the "True Warrior" and a possible "True Demon." And then, there's that OVA that further fuels this speculation.

This True Warrior may not just turn out to be something about absolute strength, but about what he or she was, is and will be able to accomplish or represent. So in the end, the question may end up being "what makes one a so-called True Warrior?"
StridingCloud
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by StridingCloud »

for some reason I have a feeling that the true warrior will be bob, look at how mitsuomi has so much faith in his ability, I could be wrong but who I think are candidates are, Masataka, Nagi or Bob
strid3r
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by strid3r »

kujoe wrote:This True Warrior may not just turn out to be something about absolute strength, but about what he or she was, is and will be able to accomplish or represent. So in the end, the question may end up being "what makes one a so-called True Warrior?"
I have a feeling that this is what the "True Warrior" is as well, or at least what the author will build up to. Not so much about strength and technique, but more of the intangible things like the mind and psych.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

strid3r wrote:
kujoe wrote:This True Warrior may not just turn out to be something about absolute strength, but about what he or she was, is and will be able to accomplish or represent. So in the end, the question may end up being "what makes one a so-called True Warrior?"
I have a feeling that this is what the "True Warrior" is as well, or at least what the author will build up to. Not so much about strength and technique, but more of the intangible things like the mind and psych.
I don't know in the UJ Special interview, Oh! Great talked about sometimes strength comes from the mind but then joked that if someone else is bigger stronger and faster than a mentally tougher person the mentally tougher person is still gonna kick their ass. :wink:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

hmmm, necesssarily, the "true warrior" doesn't have to be the strongest in strength but the "True warrior" can be both mentally and physically strong. I.E., what happened when nagi went all crazy, yea he's got the strength but if you can't control it then ur crappy. And like Kujoe said, the "True warrior" can be a symbol of some sort, but I see it as no matter what, the "true warrior" will be the strongest in terms of either physical, mental, or symbolic meaning. And I feel as if mitsuomi has had his chance to become the "true warrior" and well, I don't think he's gonna be it, tho it would be a nice plot twist for me. LOL
Sanji
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sanji »

I just finished readign chapter 91 so i can make a guess who could be the "true warrior". I think masataka or Soichiro will be the true warrior!
And i also think that if one of this will be the true warrior the other will be the opponent!
I strongly believe that their relationship will not end as friends!
dont ask me why i just have a feeling!
but who the Hell knows what Oh Great is doing^^
BlackArtistik
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BlackArtistik »

from what i've read and interpret, every single person in TT seems to have a different perspective of what the "True Warrior" is. Dougen (as Fu Chien put it) seems to think that the True Warrior is the one to defeat the demon before him, although, Oh Great! may mean something else, probably personal demons. Notice how Mitsuomi in the past arc was afraid to fight due to the fear (represented by snakes enveloping his heart), and now Masataka has this same exact fear (noticed when he fought Fu Chien v2.0). I believe what makes a "True Warrior" is when a person conquers the doubts and hesitations in their minds. Just my thoughts anyways.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Re: True Warrior

Post by DemonNeedle »

I REALLY believe that Bob is the True Warrior. I mean if they want to make someone the true warrior and wanted the reader to try to figure out who they are, they wouldn't focus on the person who is this "True Warrior".
From what I learned from the Martial Arts, A true warrior always learns something from a battle, stays calm and is still willing to improve his skills, even in a loss. If that doesn't scream Bob, then...... Bob has been beaten up so many times and he still trains even being beat up by Ryuzaki, Masataka, Mitsuomi, Bunshimi, etc. You always see him training.
Also, being introduced the same exact time as Soichiro, he knows him more than any other character in the manga not related to him. Theres also the Mitsuomi thing where whenever he sees Bob fight, he always says that he's impressed with his skills and always want to train him.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

You can say the same thing about Nagi actually, with the exception of the "stays calm" part perhaps. And instead of Mitsuomi getting interested, it's Souhaku or Maya.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

How's this theory, since OG is always emphsizing the fight with oneself is the most difficult what would be more difficult to overcome than your own body? What if Nagi's body is taken over by Souhaku and he proves he's the true warrior by fighting back from within and taking control back enough to pluck Souhaku's eye out of his own head 8) huh? huh?
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Hmmm well my stance still remains that the 'true warrior' is not the 'strongest' warrior. Everyone seems to have convinced themselves that having the true warrior status is dependent on your powers. As I said before, the true warrior is the warrior who symbolises justice, and always does what is right for everyone. From what I can see the only person who touches on what a true warrior should be is Bunshichi - he wants everyone to live in harmony and does not want people to have to fight. For me the true warrior is someone who ends the 'fighting' (yes its a martial arts school, but the fighting should be for fun, not for life and death) by teaching people different ways of living, not someone who enforces it (like how Mitsuomi tried). When Shin was going around killing people, Bunshichi did not hate him - he beat him up only to get a message through to him - why are you doing this? Afterwards, they went back to being friends because Bunshichi thought he had made a difference. But lets say it had been different and Nagi had been the one in Bunshichi's position, do you think he would have been so forgiving? I don't think so.

If your opinion is that the true warrior is someone who has great powers and can beat anyone, but none of the above, then there is quite a list of candidates. I just think the term true warrior was something to describe someone with a certain character also.