Fight 88!

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Fight 88!

Post by Rev »

well just in case anyone doesn't know it's out now.
also all I have to say like father like son they both got OWNED by Mits lol.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

This is redundant as hell.

December UltraJump thread is the Fight 88 thread. No need to a second one, people are not dumb.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Gahhh stupid Oh! Great, that long ass wait and no Maya, what a dick. Well I guess the timing for next month's issue will be appropriate if he gives us a "present" and lets Maya live.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:This is redundant as hell.

December UltraJump thread is the Fight 88 thread. No need to a second one, people are not dumb.
Calm down, there's been a Fight XX thread since Fight 60 and it just makes it easier to search in the future instead of trying to remeber which chapter was in which months issue of Ultra Jump.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

A great Christmas present, indeed. :D HOPEFULLY, Nagi will actually do something next month instead of being helpless. :x Still, I wonder what's happening with Ishiyumi and Shidzuru. Also Aya and those two other people as well.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:A great Christmas present, indeed. :D HOPEFULLY, Nagi will actually do something next month instead of being helpless. :x Still, I wonder what's happening with Ishiyumi and Shidzuru. Also Aya and those two other people as well.
Seriously, just when I think we're going to get some questions answered even more get brought up. Man and remember when everyone thought Nagi was becoming the all powerful badass of this book, guess not. I guess Mits learned his lesson from the bowling alley (and Nagi is how much more powerful now).
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

This really hammers home the fact, that even though Mistuomi can fight for three minutes he's still strong as hell. Anyone that can decapitate a person with their bare hand..... :shock:
puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by puppetmaster »

I'm still not convinced that Souhaku is really dead.... and if he is, it must be all planned, I simply cant imagine he gets himself killed so easily without even trying to duck Mits attack. Someone of his strength must have noticed Mits gettin behind him.
There are 3 possibilities, 1. Souhaku is beyond life and death, he simply cant die or 2. its not the real one, its a fake 3. He's dead and its part of his evil plan which includes his apocalyptic return to earth as a god of death and destruction =)
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

puppetmaster wrote:I'm still not convinced that Souhaku is really dead.... and if he is, it must be all planned, I simply cant imagine he gets himself killed so easily without even trying to duck Mits attack. Someone of his strength must have noticed Mits gettin behind him.
There are 3 possibilities, 1. Souhaku is beyond life and death, he simply cant die or 2. its not the real one, its a fake 3. He's dead and its part of his evil plan which includes his apocalyptic return to earth as a god of death and destruction =)
Then there is the possibility that Inue played the role of Souhaku's hencheman when in fact she was the real leader. Controlling people without getting in harms ways seem to be her modum operanty, maybe those weird spheres thingies where her doing as well.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

In any case, that bitch is probably going to control Nagi and make him go after Mitsuomi. Mitsuomi looks he's at his limit. It seems like he's counting on Madoka to get him out of there.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:
puppetmaster wrote:I'm still not convinced that Souhaku is really dead.... and if he is, it must be all planned, I simply cant imagine he gets himself killed so easily without even trying to duck Mits attack. Someone of his strength must have noticed Mits gettin behind him.
Then there is the possibility that Inue played the role of Souhaku's hencheman when in fact she was the real leader. Controlling people without getting in harms ways seem to be her modum operanty, maybe those weird spheres thingies where her doing as well.
Inue being there the whole time is weird, though I highly doubt she's the real leader. I wonder what she's going to do with Nagi, use him now or just take him. She looks like she's lost it. Though her face is also dissapointing, between her and Maya's face I think we've seen Oh! Great's one weakness, drawing people with a beat in face. For the hit Inue got and how may times Maya got punched by Tetsuhito you'd think there would be some swelling, at least a fat lip.
marcus32
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by marcus32 »

i think souhaku's powers are body posession? maybe after death, he assumes the body of his killer through physical contact? it just seemed like he allowed mitsuomi to hit him, even with his strong ki. So I figure he let Mits off his old body, so he can control the school on his own, without the need for any student body president.

anybody figure out what Madoka was doing with that sword?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I don't know for sure but it looked she was going to attack Mitsuomi but she stopped.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

man this shit is so freaking confusing once again puts more question out than showing and whats with the globe seemingly dbz refrence.

i really think the lizard refrence means sho haku can regenerage like gemma from ninja scroll.

i must admit thought mits surprised me still proving 3 mins is more than enough for a superman.

i though madoka was going to attack him 2
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

It does not seem likely to possess mits when he is going to be dead anyway. for 1 he has a limit, and 2 he wont live long regardless due to what shin did.

I dunno if his powers are full out possession, but its gota be at least something with regeneration. It's overly obvious he died on purpose, so something in one form or another will be happening.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

when mits punched nagi sorta reminded me when shin hit mitsomi maybe this could be what leads nagi to topple mitosomi repeating the cycle over again.

this manga has too many loose ends
clean this shit up oh great!!!

geez,..........
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

damn forgot this it seems like mits saw inu or at least someone and left
nagi behind.

when he looks over at the body inu was behind he saw blood drops then left with madoka

if u see it diffent tell me

seems like a hard sellout to me
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't think he saw Inue, he seemed to just have gotten tired of Souichirou and decided to leave him there by himself. It seemed that Souichirou was quite upset with Mits killing his father. Or maybe Mits just wanted to play hero and get back to Maya first. If she's still alive, she's gonna be really angry at him though. This is probably gonna serve to reinvigorate her will to beat him.

Madoka was putting her blade back in its sheath. She looked like that because she was releasing her emotions. Geez, you perverts.

I believe that Oh! Great still has a purpose for Souhaku even though it appears he's dead. We never got to see his ability. Yeah I can agree with the body possibly being a fake. After all, Inue was there the whole time, she could have been controlling it.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Anyone know what those pages with the shadow Nagi and Aya were all about?

Something showing them covering up the world with their power or whatnot.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:It does not seem likely to possess mits when he is going to be dead anyway. for 1 he has a limit, and 2 he wont live long regardless due to what shin did.

I dunno if his powers are full out possession, but its gota be at least something with regeneration. It's overly obvious he died on purpose, so something in one form or another will be happening.
I think that if Maya is dead, Mituomi isn't going to make it out of that cave alive. It would be pointless to keep him around without Maya IMHO.
There is another big reason why Souhaku is most likely still alive, the only thing he seemed to worry about was the power of Reiki, either meaning that with it's power/influence even Madoka/nagi would have had the drive to kill him, or that it's the only thing that can actually harm him...

We've seen someone that looked like Souhaku back at Tetsuhito's "birth" it is possible that he is beyond aging and death.

the pic with shadow Aya and Nagi reminded me of the fact that the dragon eyes drain infinite ki and that Nagi has infinite ki, kind of like a battery/flashlight relation. With Nagi by her side Aya could use the dragon eyes indefinetely, given her knowledge of all that has and is, kind of scary if you ask me. Of course I don't read japanese and could be way, off ;-)
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

of course mitsuomi is uber powerful in comparison to nagi. BUt considering he wasn't in exorcist mode, *maybe* he might of not gotten hit so easily. But, hrm, I wonder why nagi seemed to be so sad with his pop's death. Maybe he wants to bring his dad back to makiko or ask him questions on why he's doing all this, afterall, now we don't know the true intentions of souhaku since with his head chopped off, so does all his secrets.. Inoue is freaking annoying and if it goes to another controlling chapter, its gonna be agitating is all i can say. LOL
dmaxzero
Yuurei
Yuurei

idea

Post by dmaxzero »

The whole possesion thing is, to my logic, the most suitable course of action for Souhaku. Maybe the whole plan was so he can take over the power of Soichiro, maybe taking over his mind. For what other reason could Inue rescued Souhaku head and control Souchiro again??, unless that woman was some kind of head-fetichist, or something like that.
And we already saw that with that neddle thecnique they can pass the power from one body to another, so why they couldn´t pass the mind of Souhaku to Souchiro? that will also answer the question that Souhaku seems to be ageless..... I mean there should be a reason why he called Souchiro "piece of meat", like he was only a vessel or something of that nature.

TO many questions.

If that was to happen Souchiro/Souhaku will become the most powerfull warrior in the TT universe.

My opinion only, but a scary one.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

HappyStealer wrote:But, hrm, I wonder why nagi seemed to be so sad with his pop's death. Maybe he wants to bring his dad back to makiko or ask him questions on why he's doing all this, afterall, now we don't know the true intentions of souhaku since with his head chopped off, so does all his secrets..
And they can all be one big happy family again. What with the whole knocking up Makiko part and then taking out her eyeball, painfully transferring her power, leaving her to raise Souchirou on her own, cutting of her arm, hell, I could probably go on for another two or three pages with just the things he did to Mama Nagi.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:
Madoka was putting her blade back in its sheath. She looked like that because she was releasing her emotions. Geez, you perverts.

Yeah it's pretty easy to see in the panel next to it. The sheath is on her inner left thigh, see her uhh panties in the upper left corner, she's just puting her knife away.
About Madoka though I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that she's basically betrayed the Jyuukenbu and gone back to Mitsuomi. I guess there goes any chance of her and Masataka.
A couple other points about this chapter it seems, Inue beat them back and warned Souhaku ahead of time Mitsuomi was coming (meaning he prepared for him) she also sat by and did nothing, so it seems obvious Souhaku allowed himsself to be killed.
Dougen in a limo, what's up with that? Has he been faking this whole time too and stayed in power behind the scenes just letting Mitsuomi think he was in charge. Looks like he had big plans for Nagi and Aya too (finally going to get some insight into his and Makiko's conversation back when Nagi first went Supersaiyujin). And what was up with Bunshichi bowing to him?
Can't wait for the translation on this.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I would be disappointed if Souhaku turned out to be permanently dead. I mean, after he thrashed the hospital, I've been wondering just how he would fare in a fight. What a letdown this would be if it turned out to be true.

Perhaps Inue taking Souhaku's head is a sign that things aren't over with him yet.
dmaxzero
Yuurei
Yuurei

hospital fight

Post by dmaxzero »

Yeah, he did some ptreey serius damage in the hospital, and they couldn´t did a shit stop him. That level of damage effortless....

cool
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It seemed when Tawara was bowing to him, if you look at the expression on him face, it wasn't done in a serious manner. I could be wrong, though. The translation will clear everything up.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Is it just me, or is the manga somehow getting a little nifty bit un-understandable?

I just wish I could understand the way the Japanese think.

Anyways, TT is getting quite mystified, and lots and lots of question remain open to answers, so at least I'm totally curious on what will happen next, as I haven't got the slightest idea, which is great, because usually, manga always follow clearly identifiable patterns, but TT seems to smash all these patterns, leaving the reader wondering.

Good thing!

And finally, we get to see Isuzu-sama again. Mmmmh! Me happy. :)
Bomb me, please.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

it seems that sho haku had a plan to die like a slut at mits hands.even if it was planned he looked damn pathetic. saying to the other famailies u meat u meat u meat.

right now i can't guess what his plan was but he isn't dead if he was that would be the greatest letdown ever.his fingertips show he can regenrate so i assume he will.

its does seem that nagi was calling for help with inue at the end though.
after all he does not have the muji fist. well the election tornament is soon hope to see some real action there but fate is repeating itself in regards to the events of the past.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Souhaku dying in a pathetic way?

Nah, I don't think so. A bit anti-climatic perhaps, but he was just staring at who knows what, not giving a damn of whatever Mitsuomi was going to do in order to finish him off. It's one of the reasons why I think it's not over yet--that, plus the scene where Inue took his head. Moreover, we don't even know what he can exactly do yet, so...

But if he does turn out to be dead--man, how unsatisfying. All that stuff he did to his family and a few others, and he gets away with his head chopped just like that.
stray
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by stray »

hrms, i'd just like to say that while sohaku's death may seem lame, it can also bring tenten down another road. Sohaku's death could be a trigger for Nagi to become the main antagonist of the story (without the translation i'm not sure what souchiro was yelling at mitsuomi) Mitsuomi should make it out of the cave alive (after all he still needs to train Bob), and Maya, its unfortunate but if she dies too then Nagi might really just think that he has no reason to go on anymore.
In anycase, blah whatever i'm losing my train of thought lol i'll leave it at that. I just want to look foward to a Souchiro vs Bob fight down the line.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I don't think Nagi is going to become the villian. Oh Great, himself, said Nagi was the hero in the Ultra Jump special. So I doubt he's going to become the bad guy. 8)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:I don't think Nagi is going to become the villian. Oh Great, himself, said Nagi was the hero in the Ultra Jump special. So I doubt he's going to become the bad guy. 8)
bad.

Yeah I think there's a zero percent chance of Nagi turning evil. Go on an uncontrolled rampage, maybe, but evil no. I don't think his mom would let him. :wink:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Updated TJTG scripts

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi all, I've updated the downloads page with the cover for volume 14, and a new link to the latest ultra jump translations.

I'm not done with 88 yet, but I'm about halfway done, and will translate some more after Thanksgiving dinner. :)
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Mmmmmmm.... turkey. 8)
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by puppetmaster »

ok, i've just read till page 19.... and I guess I don't understand at all whats going on....
Madoka seems to be with Mitsuomi, Mits wanted to kill Soichiro? Is that why he went there? Or what are they talking about? Man its to hard for me ....

And Mits and Shin planned everything from the Beginning? Is Izuzu tryin to say that? And the thing about the chip I never understood to begin with..... I hope I get little more Information on the last pages which help me to understand, or else I have to wait till it comes out here in my language in about one and a half years.... -.-'
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Shoot, I don't understand it, and I'm translating it. It isn't because I don't understand the language either - I understand what they are saying, it just isn't clear what they mean yet though. Should become more clear in the last few pages though.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

puppetmaster wrote:ok, i've just read till page 19.... and I guess I don't understand at all whats going on....
Madoka seems to be with Mitsuomi, Mits wanted to kill Soichiro? Is that why he went there? Or what are they talking about? Man its to hard for me ....
They are talking about having to kill Souhaku or not, remember how when manipulated Madoka was in love with Souhaku? She still had feelings for him and that is why she is a little sadden and cries.
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

I'm just waiting for someone to bite the womens tongue off.
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing her get punched in the face again. :twisted:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Asunder wrote:And they can all be one big happy family again. What with the whole knocking up Makiko part and then taking out her eyeball, painfully transferring her power, leaving her to raise Souchirou on her own, cutting of her arm, hell, I could probably go on for another two or three pages with just the things he did to Mama Nagi.
Haha, not saying it like they can be a happy family, but more of like u said, with souhaku dead, we won't know whats he got planned and why he's tortured makiko dono all these times. I'm a makiko dono supporter all the way and I want to know why he did that to that HOTT mama. Too many secrets that haven't been revealed. To me, it seems that more questions are being brought up than being answered LOL
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

that seems to be oh great hobby well whatever vol 14 v2 seems to haev alot added of someone would translate maybe we will know more.

just saying MAYBE :roll:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

OK, there's something I don't get. Dougen is basically saying that all he wants to achieve is to gather Red Feathers from across the world together (moot point, since all RFs are Japanese) in the school, thereby creating a self-propagating chain reaction that will activate any and all latent RFs. How does this promote peace between the powered and non-powered in the 1st place? You just end up with even more people with bombs to be feared by those without. Either the bald bastard's holding something back or he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It seems Dougen is just as shady as ever. 8) I wonder if Makiko, Yorimasa and the other old people are aware of his "little" plan? And are they going along with it? It seems very possible but I don't know if Makiko would put her son in that kind of position. :?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

It was supposed to be Maya, Shin, and Aya's dad who was going to help him do whatever he was gonna do. After his death he took in Shin so he could impliment plan B (I guess) with Mitsuomi.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

Agent_Wax wrote:OK, there's something I don't get. Dougen is basically saying that all he wants to achieve is to gather Red Feathers from across the world together (moot point, since all RFs are Japanese) in the school, thereby creating a self-propagating chain reaction that will activate any and all latent RFs. How does this promote peace between the powered and non-powered in the 1st place? You just end up with even more people with bombs to be feared by those without. Either the bald bastard's holding something back or he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.
i don't think he meant rf's around the world since like you said rf's are from japan but peoples unique abilities its almost like he is trying to awaken the humanities full potential. This old man was planning something much bigger than expected and it seem to involve the whole of humanity. But was this good or bad who knows. This merely my speculation i could be worng that plan is not as big as im thinking but it sure looks like a big plan.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Vampire Advent wrote:
Agent_Wax wrote:OK, there's something I don't get. Dougen is basically saying that all he wants to achieve is to gather Red Feathers from across the world together (moot point, since all RFs are Japanese) in the school, thereby creating a self-propagating chain reaction that will activate any and all latent RFs. How does this promote peace between the powered and non-powered in the 1st place? You just end up with even more people with bombs to be feared by those without. Either the bald bastard's holding something back or he was dropped on his head when he was a baby.
i don't think he meant rf's around the world since like you said rf's are from japan but peoples unique abilities its almost like he is trying to awaken the humanities full potential. This old man was planning something much bigger than expected and it seem to involve the whole of humanity. But was this good or bad who knows. This merely my speculation i could be worng that plan is not as big as im thinking but it sure looks like a big plan.
Actually Mitsuomi did say red feathers were scattered around the world. I don't see any reason why they can't be I assume some memebers of red feather families left Japan and settled around the world. There are Japanese immigrants everywhere especially the US and South America.
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

kk1 wrote:
Vampire Advent wrote:
Actually Mitsuomi did say red feathers were scattered around the world. I don't see any reason why they can't be I assume some memebers of red feather families left Japan and settled around the world. There are Japanese immigrants everywhere especially the US and South America.
maybe but i doubt theres that many of the red feathers outside of japan. At least not enough to cause an impact like dougen is planning and the way Dougen talks about it seems much bigger than just a few clans cause there only a few red feather clans not that many. plus if that were the case all that dougen would get would be copies of already established powers. or the powers of the red feathers away from japan could evolve and become different powers altogether maybe.