Fight 89

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Don't think Oh! Great will do another past arc; it didn't work too well last time. Probably just go with flashbacks as characters uncover bits of the past. Question is if it will be Nagi or Aya that prevents the past from repeating. Aya's not entirely safe, Dougen has his own agenda and it may only require Aya to implement.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

only this manga can make a katana that says "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" a comelling character lol. :twisted:

seriously i wonder why reiki is not in the favourite character poll man seriusly it is the abosule killer app in the show the "masters" fear it the enemies fear it

IT sucks ki like a vaccum from the ladies 8) and you might as well say it killed maya.

reiki is a far more interesting character than lets say Bob(where the hell is bob anyway.

im very interesting in this arc the sho gun era is far more interesting for me as we might get to see what level the families were at before and what lead to the spilling/separating of the blood.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

one more thing aya is a prostitue can u say

FAN SERVICE :shock: :D :twisted:

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

2006 will be a good yea for ten ten
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I didnt mean there would a whole other past arc surrounding Reiki. I just meant it would be similar to showing the past between Kago and Makiko. I think it will be interesting to see what Masataka does, with regard to Dougen's "plan". Will he sit back and do nothing or will he take action?

I didn't know a katana making a noise made it a compelling character. :P
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Yes, yes, we mustn't cross master kk1, lest he loses his cool and acts like a little immature baby... Oh, wait, didn't he just... No matter! Much better to keep him calm and sedated, trapped in his own world where he has all the answers and always has the last world. Can't have it any other way.

And you need to knock it off as well. Nobody's conjectures are more valid than anyone else's. We've all been proven wrong before, and will again, just as occasionally we've been right. Pissing contests achieve nothing.

Back to the topic at hand...
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I like the Past Aya mainly because she doesn't look like a typical Oh!great bombshell. Nice to see a normal sized woman in this manga once in a while. 8)

It would also be fun if we finally got back to Masataka and his triangle with Aya and Nagi. Maya and Mitsuomi produce fine enough romantic tension and all, but the real story is with Masa and his rise from a geek to a man. 8)

After all, the story began with Masa as the narrator, so it must end with him as well.
Pissing contests achieve nothing.
But it's so fun to annoy him. Please spare me some entertainment, I don't do it often and I already had my fix. 8)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
Pissing contests achieve nothing.
But it's so fun to annoy him. Please spare me some entertainment, I don't do it often and I already had my fix. 8)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm not annoyed in the least, you're the one sending me private messages, man you are a loser. I really could care less what anyone here thinks. I'm just a fan of TT and like getting the correct info to the other fans who come here. And since you're the biggest dispenser of incorrect information I just feel the need to set things straight when you post these illogical theories. But since your stubborness in refusing to admit you're wrong is getting to the point of annoying everyone else I'll gladly stop responding to you. It's not worth it anyway, truly, truly remarkable you can even use a computer...
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Don't know what anyone else thinks, but in my opinion the both of you need to shutup already. The entertainment of your bickering ran out about a dozen posts ago.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Don't think Oh! Great will do another past arc; it didn't work too well last time. Probably just go with flashbacks as characters uncover bits of the past. Question is if it will be Nagi or Aya that prevents the past from repeating. Aya's not entirely safe, Dougen has his own agenda and it may only require Aya to implement.
I think we've seen from what he's said in the last chapter he wants to use the resonence effect to awaken the latent powers of people and it will take more than just Aya to implement.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:I didnt mean there would a whole other past arc surrounding Reiki. I just meant it would be similar to showing the past between Kago and Makiko. I think it will be interesting to see what Masataka does, with regard to Dougen's "plan". Will he sit back and do nothing or will he take action?

I didn't know a katana making a noise made it a compelling character. :P
I think this forray into the past will be slightly different, besides Reiki activating in the past (I'm assuming from present Aya) past-Aya has no pupils when first shown (like she's an empty shell) but on the last page she has pupils, and I don't think OG just made it a coincedence her name is Aya too. Aya is tied to Reiki we got the first past arc with Shin just to see how the dragon eye and Reiki are connected, so I don't know if this would be for more exposition on the origin of Reiki for the reader rather than about Aya herself learning about her own relationship to Reiki so she can save everyone in the present. And of course she'll learn it when Mitsuomi now has Reiki and she can't get to it to use her new knowledge...dum dum dum (cue dramatic music).
Jackou
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Jackou »

hmmm

I dont understand japanese, so
where can i find translates ?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Shouki has summed up most of what's happend on the 2nd page. Or just wait for Fugu when he has enough time to translate this chapter.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

damn so soon, time just fly's
Currently Addicted to: Eureka 7 ^_^
Anticipating: Sengoku Musou 2, Persona 3
Currently Playing: King of Fighters XI, Guilty Gear X2#:Slash, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
Finished: Tales of The Abyss, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
geohound03
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by geohound03 »

Aiyoh, the argument in this thread is pretty pathetic, its almost as bad as one I'd conjured up... glad I'm not a part of it this time.

In anycase, someone was talking about wanting it to get back to the real story yada yada, I also was looking forward to the big election tournament but it seems more and more unlikely now.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Looks interesting

Post by FuguTabetai »

Too bad I'm still in Singapore where I haven't found a reasonable way to get my laptop hooked up to the aether-web.

Maybe I can find a wireless signal on the beaches of Malaysia next week and start reading.

Mostly likely I won't have a translation until I return to the states in 2 weeks though. But it will be coming. Sorry about that, guys. :)

By the way, I really recommend Singapore. I've had a great time the past few days here.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: Looks interesting

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Too bad I'm still in Singapore where I haven't found a reasonable way to get my laptop hooked up to the aether-web.

Maybe I can find a wireless signal on the beaches of Malaysia next week and start reading.

Mostly likely I won't have a translation until I return to the states in 2 weeks though. But it will be coming. Sorry about that, guys. :)

By the way, I really recommend Singapore. I've had a great time the past few days here.
Take your time and enjoy your vacation Fugu, it's not like not having a translation is starting any arguments or anything ;) Oh and personally I'd like to see the rest of the vol14 changes first before you start on the new chapter.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

have fun fugu, stay away from cars and spray paint tho! i hear those don't mix there :P
Jackou
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Jackou »

where can i find subtitles for figth 89 ?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

You can't. Fugu hasn't translated it yet.
Slimjim5107
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slimjim5107 »

OMGGG i cant wait till its translated -_-;; im still lost in the dark but the images are pretty ^_^
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I lost my download of this chapter, when my hard drive finally crapped out a couple days ago. 200 gigs of stuff I can't get too. Anyone know a good recovery lab that will pull off the info from the platters for a reasonable price?
ShinHitokiriX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ShinHitokiriX »

http://www.runtime.org/ if theres still power going to the drive u can use their program to recover it all i used it a few months back an it is bloody damn good only thing is u need another hd to dump it all on if not they have a recovery service dunno wot they charge though, they have a free estimation service which sounds promising check it out on their site

hope this helps ya out
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

on the last page of fight 89 is that the dragon's eye seems to be.

just wants someone to confirm for me
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

protocol7 wrote:on the last page of fight 89 is that the dragon's eye seems to be.

just wants someone to confirm for me

Read my post 14 above.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've started on my translation and have put the first few pages up, if anyone is interested. I should probably read through all the discussion here, but I'll do my translation first and then come back to see if there is anything that might help clear things up.
MitsandMayaFan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MitsandMayaFan »

FuguTabetai wrote:I've started on my translation and have put the first few pages up, if anyone is interested. I should probably read through all the discussion here, but I'll do my translation first and then come back to see if there is anything that might help clear things up.
Hi where can I find the translation?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Same place you can always get the latest Ultra Jump chapters: http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_15_Trans.html
MitsandMayaFan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by MitsandMayaFan »

FuguTabetai wrote:Same place you can always get the latest Ultra Jump chapters: http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_15_Trans.html
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Just a comment... 8)

å￾‰æ³•å¸« ("Kippoushi") was actually Oda Nobunaga's childhood name (youmyou), he used it between 1534 and 1549.

So, Akechi Mitsuhide/Kago Souhaku is kind of teasing him, making fun of Nobunaga. 8)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Oh, these crazy flashbacks. :lol:
laboo3
Yuurei
Yuurei

just finished reading...

Post by laboo3 »

just finished reading the chinese translation....

So we get a little more insight into Madoka's character; She's incredibly perceptive (and mature) yet still remains unable to comprehend or emphathize with what she perceives. For example, she figures out that the reason why Maya went to fight Tet (and in the proccess, pushed herself to the brink of death) was because Maya knew that Mits' body wouldn't be able to handle the fight and ultimately, he would die. Now even after discerning this, she still can't really grasp the gravity of the situation (which is understandable, her being like 13 and all). Such an interesting character. I think Oh!Great did an excellent job here.

We also get more of what Mits thinks and his feelings for Maya. And although it was probably obvious to everyone before that he still has feelings for Maya (and vice versa), it's finally made explicit. Mits basically says to Maya, as she's tumbling into oblivion, that she can continue on to the other side a step ahead, but that he's not far behind and he'll find her when he gets there. So if that's not enough, he snatches her up to save her from falling back into that sesspool (i'm suprised all the bones in her body don't just break right here, if they're not already smashed to pieces by Tets) and then says "sorry" (didn't think he was capable of this word) and "...only after it's come to this, can I hold you tightly this way." Then he throws in a "forgive me." Wow... I don't think we've seen him be so sentimental since a billion chapters ago, if ever.

So now Aya's in tears and when she sees the ghost, she's all "Just leave me the $%^# alone... I don't wanna see any more, I've suffered enough."
But the ghost is like, "you haven't seen the most important part, i.e. where this whole story started. (you don't know nuttin')... so here... let me put my breasts on yours to help you understand =S" So then the ghost is like "Once you understand everything, we're gonna become one..." (like fusion...DBZ style?)

But one interesting part is that she goes on to say that although Aya's Qi is all gone, the there is still a little left of the "Qi" that Maya spend building up during these past 2 years. Interestingly, she says that the little bit of Qi that is left, is still "within my body." So Aya figures it out and is like "did you just say 'within my body?'... so that means you're...." and then cut to flashback...

So that's where I think that this ghost-Aya may be, in fact, Reiki? I dunno... I'll wait for the translation to come out before the discussion begins i.e. shit hits the fan....

One more side note... apparently, starting on the page where nagi last appears and ending where we see maya standing with the sword, the words in the background are the lyrics from a song that some guy sang for a princess.... I'm still trying to decipher the thing, but probably Fugu will be better at understanding it than me =S
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Re: just finished reading...

Post by kk1 »

laboo3 wrote:
But one interesting part is that she goes on to say that although Aya's Qi is all gone, the there is still a little left of the "Qi" that Maya spend building up during these past 2 years. Interestingly, she says that the little bit of Qi that is left, is still "within my body." So Aya figures it out and is like "did you just say 'within my body?'... so that means you're...." and then cut to flashback...

So that's where I think that this ghost-Aya may be, in fact, Reiki? I dunno... I'll wait for the translation to come out before the discussion begins i.e. shit hits the fan....
It's been speculated on this board before that the ghost might be Reiki when it first appeared, by who I don't remember, but that ideas has been out there for awhile.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Basically, confirming what we originally thought.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Oh! Great is making me feel like I should go back and read the Kojiki or something. It does make me happy that this manga has a bit of a deeper purpose.

Even if that purpose is just to make me research all sorts of Japanese history. :P

See page 43 in the translation for details.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Man, the wording he uses. I shudder to think what DC's translation might be. So the wanting to sleep together stuff is referring to Mitsuomi and Maya? Good to see that Souichirou is going to become badder if not the main bad guy. I was of the opinion that his trying to be good always limited his potential.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

EliteF22 wrote:Man, the wording he uses. I shudder to think what DC's translation might be. So the wanting to sleep together stuff is referring to Mitsuomi and Maya?
In the strictest sense, it is referring to a part of the Kojiki, but I don't really know it well.

On an analogy level, I believe that they mean to evoke the Maya / Mitsuomi situation. He made her wait, and time passes on. While I guess she has her period at some point, I don't think we are to take it that literally.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Does "Become Gaokishi Takehaya Susano Oumikoto" refer to Takehaya-Susano-oh-no-Mikoto, the Japanese God of Storms (AKA "Susanoo")?

The kanji for "Susano-oh" is different from the ones that Oh!great uses, though.

But Susano-oh is the one that found the sword Kusanagi-no-tsurugi, that you mention next, so there could be a connection.

Also, wasn't Gaokishi already mentioned in TenTen once before? I think Mitsuomi has said that he is the heir of the Gaokishi family. And that Dougen is the head of the Gaokishi family fighting division...

Man, Fugu, I feel your pain for translating all that flowery language.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

It'd be weird to see Nagi become evil. I'm starting to also think that Reiki way back when was a powerless sword and somehow the girl holding it will transfer her essence to it.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:Does "Become Gaokishi Takehaya Susano Oumikoto" refer to Takehaya-Susano-oh-no-Mikoto, the Japanese God of Storms (AKA "Susanoo")?

The kanji for "Susano-oh" is different from the ones that Oh!great uses, though.

But Susano-oh is the one that found the sword Kusanagi-no-tsurugi, that you mention next, so there could be a connection.

Also, wasn't Gaokishi already mentioned in TenTen once before? I think Mitsuomi has said that he is the heir of the Gaokishi family. And that Dougen is the head of the Gaokishi family fighting division...

So this is the guy in Tetsuhito's story of his ancestor (which Makiko said all family had stories imilar to) called the "Susa-man"? Is Oh! Great using a real historical reference for the ancestor of all the families or did he just make up a character? I'm getting even more confused with the translation.
Well at least this clears up the 2 missing spots in the circle around Nagi, if all the 12 families are being united in Nagi you don't need the 2 that already make him up.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Asunder wrote:It'd be weird to see Nagi become evil. I'm starting to also think that Reiki way back when was a powerless sword and somehow the girl holding it will transfer her essence to it.
Why is everyone assuming he's turning evil? Sounds like he's becoming the "True Warrior" and we can finally answer that other thread.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:

Vol 5 page 111.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:Does "Become Gaokishi Takehaya Susano Oumikoto" refer to Takehaya-Susano-oh-no-Mikoto, the Japanese God of Storms (AKA "Susanoo")?

I honestly don't know the history well enough to say, and worse I can't remember what Oh! Great has said previously. I think he is referring to the Susano that he's talked about before in the recent past - in Tetsuhito's back story, but I'm not really clear on that.

Sorry I can't clear things up more than that.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Interesting that it only seems the 12 white and red feather families are the ones who planned this. It seems like that this was going on behind the back of the Takayanagi family.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

:? Fugu why are you listing the "ghost" talking to Aya as Makiko?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

[quote="kk1"]:? Fugu why are you listing the "ghost" talking to Because I think it is Nagi Makiko's spirit from the past talking to Aya. I might be wrong though. I'm probably wrong though. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Whew, finally done with that chapter. I really, really hope that Oh! Great does not spend a long time on this past history stuff. I really hate it because it is very hard to translate. He keeps throwing in kobun, poetry, and references to history that I do not know.

I've put in translation notes when I am not sure about what I translate. For the most part I think I've done a decent job, but there are still some big question marks in there.

How does my translation compare to the chinese translation, by the way? Whenever I've tried to compare Japanese and Chinese for manga that I've worked on, there have always been surprising differences.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Nice job Fugu. I agree with some of the others, that the spirit appears to be Reiki and not Makiko. I prefer Masataka to be the one Aya works with to break the chains of fate, mostly because I think they'd make a great couple. Is there anything in Buddhism or Shintoism that says you can gain a persons power through their corpse? Otherwise this is just getting weird, reuniting the bloodlines using the corpses of members of the other families.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I too first thought that it was Makiko (refer to discussions of previous chapters), especially when they've showed the ghost leading Aya to a strikingly similar Makiko hanging from that wooden structure.

But, no, that's not her. I think the previous chapters establish it rather firmly that she is the ghost of Reiki.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

OK, finished reading. I am mighty confused about everything, but I think I got the gist of what that travelling man was talking about:

So, he is saying that Mitsuhide had the power for some time, but Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Tokugawa Ieyasu bring him down and Mitsuhide dies.

Then rumours start about Mitsuhide surfacing as priest Tenkai (this is actually pretty real, Bishop Tenkai was a real person and he was said to be the incognito Akechi Mitsuhide), who is now advisor to Tokugawa Ieyasu.

OK, this all pretty good and it actually corresponds to real history (Tokugawa could have indeed helped Akechi, he was a crafty fellow), but I don't get how the hell does this correspond to our story.

They seem to be getting at the fact that Akechi Mitsuhide is the ancestor of Kago Souhaku (or the white devil himself). So? What does this lead to?

Aya got the sword from Nobunaga. Could it be that Mitsuhide/Souhaku wanted to get Reiki from Nobunaga, but got "killed" at Yamazaki for his betrayal, and lost the wheareabouts of the sword in the confusion of Nobunaga's death and his own defeat? So, now, he sends his retainer (the bearded "client") to retrive Reiki from Aya.

Possible, right? But not obvious. I don't know if it's Fugu's translation or Oh!great is being pointedly vague, but I just have no idea how the hell all this real history corresponds to the 12 Families. The only logical notion I came up with is above...

We'll see soon enough what's going on.

And that you Fugu... You're the best! 8)