Oh! great and death (Air Gear spoilage!)

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Oh! great and death (Air Gear spoilage!)

Post by MrProphet »

What is it with Oh!great and death recently?!

I mean, come ON! First Maya, now Simca? Is he having some kind of a bad year, or something, with all these deaths of characters!?

Did anyone else read Air Gear 119? Did Simca really... die, or is it just my imagination running wild?
Last edited by MrProphet on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

MrProphet: Man...you really know how to spoil all the fun. :evil: :cry:

If Simica dies then I quit. She's the hottest chick in AG and one of the coolest characters in there. Without her Air Gear will suck.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Ooops, sorry, man. Will put up a disclaimer.

Oh, and it seems like Ringo is now the bad guy... um...girl.
She's the hottest chick in AG and one of the coolest characters in there.
No-no-no. Ton-chan is the best! 8) But Simca looks good as a goth-girl too...
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Wait...what?

Ringo = bad? You're lying. Nooooooo~!
Slimjim5107
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slimjim5107 »

Question: Who's scans of Air-Gear do you guys read?

i use scum-scans and they are only at chapter 44 and im CRAVING air gear VERY badly ;_;
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Yup. That's what it looks like. It was kinda foreshadowed, I think, when she asked the guy with the guitar if she would become Ikki's enemy....It was in an earlier chapter. Not too sure though. No longer have that raw. Hopefully, they'll get to this point in the anime. :P Thank god, this manga comes out on a weekly basis.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

No offense intended, but there is an Air Gear thread on this message board, guys...
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Where is it? Maybe Fugu can combine the threads for us?

As for the chapter, you can check it out right here: http://mrprophet.com/temp/AGc119.zip

Gosurori Shimuka FTW! 8)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hm, I couldn't find a way to merge the air gear threads, but I've moved it here anyway. :)
Slimjim5107
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Slimjim5107 »

As soon as i get to college im ganna learn japanese i envy u ppl to much ;_;
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Trust me, you won't learn Japanese just by going to college. From personal experience I can tell you that 2-3 semesters of Japanese will not help you. So, if you want to learn the language, get a tutor, or attend separate courses.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:Trust me, you won't learn Japanese just by going to college. From personal experience I can tell you that 2-3 semesters of Japanese will not help you. So, if you want to learn the language, get a tutor, or attend separate courses.
I don't know, I managed to do pretty well from college courses. I took three years as an undergrad, then went to Japan to do an internship at NTT. After that I started translating Great Teacher Onidzuka (starting the Great Manga Application Onidzuka which I still use today) and managed to do passably.

Although looking back, it took another two years of classes and a few years of self-study to get where I'm at today.

Certainly just 3 or 4 semesters isn't enough to translate well, but it is enough to communicate a bit. Taking classes is certainly a million times preferable to someone trying to learn it on their own - that just is never pretty.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Sure. As a starting point, college language courses are fine. I'm just trying to say that they shouldn't be the end of it, because college usually only starts to scratch the surface by the time you are already graduating.
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

MrProphet wrote:No-no-no. Ton-chan is the best! 8) But Simca looks good as a goth-girl too...
Its too bad you never see goth done that well in real life. :)
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"