The condition of Fu Chi'en

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Ashiyura
Yuurei
Yuurei

The condition of Fu Chi'en

Post by Ashiyura »

Hello, I have bought a few volumes of Tenjo Tenge so far, and I have been reading translations on this site for the last few weeks; I have a few questions about Fu Chi'en.

Firstly, I would like to know anyone's opinions about what exactly Shin DID to him to make him end up in that sorry state after he has the blades fitted in the hospital....obviously he beat him pretty badly, but it just strikes me as odd that his face only is all skeletal, but otherwise he looks uninjured....did he just get smashed until his eyes burst and his nose came off, or what? Any opinions are appreciated...

Secondly, I am uncertain as to whether at the time of his attack on Masataka and Bunshichi, Fu is supposed to be deceased, a 'remote controlled' corpse, or alive but seriously disfigured and being mind controlled by Souhaku?

I think the latter is the case as Kagiroi and Kabuto seem to infer this in chapter 74, by saying 'he is motivated by his desire for revenge' etc, I doubt his hatred could motivate him if he was a corpse. Plus he has not, well...decomposed as far as I can tell.

Thank you for any responses, it's always interesting to hear other perspectives. ^_^
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Re: The condition of Fu Chi'en

Post by MrProphet »

Ashiyura wrote:Hello, I have bought a few volumes of Tenjo Tenge so far, and I have been reading translations on this site for the last few weeks; I have a few questions about Fu Chi'en.

Firstly, I would like to know anyone's opinions about what exactly Shin DID to him to make him end up in that sorry state after he has the blades fitted in the hospital....obviously he beat him pretty badly, but it just strikes me as odd that his face only is all skeletal, but otherwise he looks uninjured....did he just get smashed until his eyes burst and his nose came off, or what? Any opinions are appreciated...
Shin just killed him. It what manner, it is ambiguous, as we didn't see the act itself. The corse seemed to have a torn-off nose and burst eyeballs.
Secondly, I am uncertain as to whether at the time of his attack on Masataka and Bunshichi, Fu is supposed to be deceased, a 'remote controlled' corpse, or alive but seriously disfigured and being mind controlled by Souhaku?
So far we've been speculating that he is dead and Souhaku is controlling him as a zombie. I see no evidence as to how he could have survived his meeting with Shin. That corpse looked rather corpsey. 8)
I think the latter is the case as Kagiroi and Kabuto seem to infer this in chapter 74, by saying 'he is motivated by his desire for revenge' etc, I doubt his hatred could motivate him if he was a corpse. Plus he has not, well...decomposed as far as I can tell.
I don't think that proves anything, since it's a usual plot device to describe zombies and other living dead as having "a bloodlust" or "craving to kill".

As for decomposition, he does look believable for a couple year old corpse. Dead people don't turn into dust right away, you know. 8)
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

sho haku ability is to lord over the dead

hence he lords over zombie fuu, grandpa most probably dead tets.

it seems almost like we didn't see his power in the manga he used it the whole damn time plus he gekko regeneration.

seriously a seriously powerful individual who LET mits a walking dead man kill him no ownage here.Could 3 minute man kill sho haku i doubt do you.

it's pretty clear from the recent volumes he has just a few days ,maybe a month at most left.Maya took the bullet for him unfortunatly though for her
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Good thing I aced Linguistics 101.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

I think he was still alive since he kept moving after Masataka broke the charm and thus Souhaku's control over him. Plus he was talking. Basically I think Shin just literally ripped his face off (including his eyes), which as anyone whose seen the news lately about the woman in France, having your face ripped off doesn't kill you. Oh and for the record, despite the other posts we still don't really know how Souhaku's power works.

Steelers #1