Fight 93

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Fight 93

Post by MrProphet »

Well, new month, new chapter.

Will Nagi finally attack?

Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Hoping for some nice action in this chapter. 8)
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

hmm, wonder what they wrote on the note on his chest. Something big will probley happen, this chapter will most likely be the last of the volume.

cant get the text to show up on the note nice using any image compression small enough for free hosting >_< hopefully the chapter scans will be HQ ^^
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Guess that is reply to the letter from Natsume.

I wonder what is dragon gate of Amaterasu?
I think Kabane died because his sense got all messed all by girl with this special dragon gate.

I think Shyoujyou might die with similar reason. Worst case is Shyoujyou meet Senhime in the castle. He will lose his fake form.

I think Senhime has power similar to Oboro from Basilik manga.
power to remove or break special powers.
That is why Kabane's spear turned to single needle.

I wonder what might happen if Nagi hits Senhime with dragonfist.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Looks like the Ancient arc maybe ending soon. It was nice, but I can't wait to get back to the main story and to see what happens to all the present day characters. This also means that there will probably be another side story soon as sort of a separator between volumes.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

he might not take a big break this time like last volume. I believe it was said he would never rework a volume again heh. this is all assume this chapter ends it as well. not every volume has had 6 chapters on the dot.

this arc will probley carry on another 2 - 3 chapters at least (including 93)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It just seems like there is a lot to resolve....
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Ten Ten raw is out.
Torrent file is on point blank.
I don't know I can post website address, so I did not post it.

some of you might start downloading.
another month of tenten.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

wow.. that was fast. only been the 19th there for a few hours
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

damn... cliffhanger. hope he does nto take a month off :P
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Whoa, who was the dude activating Reiki? That wasn't Shoujou was it?
IwEL
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by IwEL »

he could still revise the volume without taking off because oh! great didn't publish any air gear in february and march due to lack of time (no further reason was stated , news was on manganews.net 3 months ago) .
Although the scans are not as bad as last month I'll do a leveled raw for fugu. will be up tomorrow i think.
once again this chapter proves oh great's awesome drawing style
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Whoo, go-go chibi-Aya!

Rather hard to follow all the text in this chapter, but at the beginning, basically Ichiyou now knows that Souhaku has little miss Amaterasu, who is super-bad news since even "true warrior" Susa couldn't kill one who appeared in the past. Ichiyou refuses to fight a pointless battle - but Shoujou is really pissed about Kabane and wants to go on the attack regardless. Ichiyou adds that he's not proposing to run away - they just have to use the right tactics.

I think we have the real Ichiyou and fake Aya and Shoujou in the "diversion" attack. I've no idea who is pulling out Reiki though. Meanwhile, Aya uses the fact that the enemy doesn't know about her 9 year old self to sneak in with those other girls (I'm not sure what they're doing there - sacrifices perhaps?).
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

IwEL wrote:Although the scans are not as bad as last month I'll do a leveled raw for fugu. will be up tomorrow i think.
once again this chapter proves oh great's awesome drawing style
All right, that is totally awesome.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

A chapter for those who want to download it quick: http://mrprophet.com/temp/v15c93.zip

A pretty good chapter. So fast!

The sailor guy is Wani, right? And it also seems like Souhaku's regenegation power is rather weak. Either he didn't really put much ki in the dog, or his fixes are all short-term.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

man i think the guy who had reiki was nagi.the hair reminds me of his dragon form.

hot chapter and real quality art.shoujou is real pissed though.seems aya is in the hands of sho haku now.i doubt that nagi knew that wasn't the real aya.
this nagi looks like he's a real strategist unlike the idiot in the future that's why he was so surprised when she got shot.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

it was shoujo.

He seems to be pisssed about losing kabane.
wearing kabane's skeleton neck thing and all.

And, I think Shoujo can use power of Reiki.
So, I think All the red feather can use it.

Aya took nice shot at Sohaku, but he is immotal especially in Osaka castle.
But, something might also happen.

A dog that was revived by Sohaku finally died on the magical circle.
Well, he might died because of lack of power, but circle somehow break the spell of Sohaku.

IF not, Aya will fail.
In the end, I think Aya was aiming Sohaku's kidney.
Won't kill Sohaku in one blow.
And, Sohaku might also wear armor this time, too.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, Ghost aya tells that this was only time Sohaku could truly die, so my wild guess is that Sohaku was successful with whatever he was doing with Senhime. my guess is that Sohaku try to get her power, too.

But, in the end somehow Sohaku lost both military and political power at the end.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Pretty good chapter. You just know Souhaku has something up his sleeve.....
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

It didn't look like she was trying to kill him, but rather Senhime. They need to take out her and stop whatever Souhaku was using her for, before they can go after him. So we have 6 red feather dragon gates and 1 Amaterasu dragon gate now. Ok now that makes sense, if each red feather gate drew the power from a specific dragon then that would leave 1 left over for another major gate to draw from.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

No, Red Feather gates are separate from the regular dragon gates. They are the 8th dragon gate, but each different from family to family.

I assume that the Amaterasu Gate is similar to the 8th Dragon Gate. Maybe it IS another 8th dragon gate, just found beyond the 12 families.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

You didn't read what I wrote carefully. The eighth gate draws power from one of the lower gates, thus it draws power from one of the 7 dragons. Since there are only 6 red feather families, then there is one dragon that is not used by them.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

EliteF22 wrote:The eighth gate draws power from one of the lower gates, thus it draws power from one of the 7 dragons.
No, it does not!

When Makiko is explaining the Dragon Gates in volume 9 (pp. 42-43), she says nothing of the sort. The 8th gate is separate from the regular 7 gates that everyone skilled enough can draw upon.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

This kind of disscussion is becoming all too familiar. :lol:
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Man, Fugu's gonna have fits translating this chapter...

Wani kinda reminds me of Captain Haddock of the Tintin series, if Tintin was a sexy teenage warrior, Snowy a timberwolf, and the Thompson Twins dreadlocked killers in shades and silver trenchcoats... :lol:
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
IwEL
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by IwEL »

as promised, here's a leveled&burned raw for your viewing pleasure
i'd appreciate critics as i'm inable to see faults in my own work ^^
dams this drawing style is pure orgasm
if I'm bored today i'll do a redraw of page 10-11 as the text there (in aya's hair :P ) kinda annoys me
i also cleaned the text around the yinyang but attached a pic with the text as well.
link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/18474887/tenten93.rar.html
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

No,
Aya's target is Sohaku.

I am sure Nagi and Aya know about Senhime's power, but she probably don't know Senhime has power.

3 men suicide squid is bad idea.

I wonder what can Shoujou do with his mighty reiki?

Seems like Sohaku expect Nagi and Natsume's frontal attack.
But, Sohaku probably did not expect Natsume's assasination technique.

BTW, I just realize after Natsume's ability use bugs.
Isn't it similar to Enmi's Moth using technique.
I was wondering how master of Enmi family get to Natsume's house after Mataza attacked their temple.
Seems like those bugs can carry things.

In this case, they carried Reiki until the form break up.
IwEL
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by IwEL »

as the bugs are sex-proof they should be able to carry things
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Enmi family are a subordinate family to Natsume Clan. This probably means that in the Ancient Arc there was just a Natsume family, but somewhere down the line one of the younger brothers (probably) formed an off-shoot family that inherited some, but not all original properties of the Dragon Eye, which was then named Dragon Pupil.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

The magic circle is likely a magic jammer (or gate jammer, you get the idea) , 'cuz why would you stand in the one spot where your powers don't work?(dog dies again) It doesn't make sense, unless it also prevents the use of other powers, namelly Aya's and Shoujo's illusions/shapeshifting. The circle was probably used so Aya's side couldn't do what Aya did, approach souhaku unnoticed and strike a lethal blow. If he's hurt, Souhaku will have to leave the circle before he can heal himself, leaving him out of the fight as long as Aya can keep him there.

At least that's my humble opinion.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

IwEL wrote:as the bugs are sex-proof they should be able to carry things
That sounds wrong in so many ways... :lol:

Seriously though, what I wouldn't give for a well-made gashopon set of Shinobi Nagi, Kunoichi Maya, Shyoujyou, Kabane, Wani, and maybe Souhaku to liven up my racks.

And all this time and we still haven't seen Kabane and Shyoujyou's Dragon Powers...
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Speaking of Kabane, In the ultra jump special didn't they mention something about corpses?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

He said he died, but he is still alive. Maybe he wasn't speaking figuratively, and Kabane gate gives you power over the dead (the skulls, his dead comrades, could also tie into this).

Personally, I am more interested in the Kago family gate. If regeneration is a trick Souhaku learned on his own, then imagine his actual Gate power, which must be quite interesting, if sensei has been keeping it under wraps for the final showdown (I assume).

And Shoujou's power is assuming the identity, memories and skills of any person he kills (or maybe just anyone)..
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:This kind of disscussion is becoming all too familiar. :lol:
Wasn't me this time though :wink:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:The magic circle is likely a magic jammer (or gate jammer, you get the idea) , 'cuz why would you stand in the one spot where your powers don't work?(dog dies again) It doesn't make sense, unless it also prevents the use of other powers, namelly Aya's and Shoujo's illusions/shapeshifting. The circle was probably used so Aya's side couldn't do what Aya did, approach souhaku unnoticed and strike a lethal blow. If he's hurt, Souhaku will have to leave the circle before he can heal himself, leaving him out of the fight as long as Aya can keep him there.

At least that's my humble opinion.
That sounds very likely(especially since that's what she did to Kabane last chapter). Why else would chibi-Aya attack him with just a knife? It would also explain why the dog keeps dying, she keeps neutralizing Souhaku's power to keep it alive. Good call Ricco.
Last edited by kk1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hollowshingami wrote:Speaking of Kabane, In the ultra jump special didn't they mention something about corpses?
Quote:"Kabane itself has to do with corpses but...?", so who knows, funny it also says Shoujyou should be careful about drinking alcohol, when isn't going out for booze what did in Kabane? Oh and isn't the Kabane gate power that big sword and slicing up stuff? We just don't know the name of it. Funny since we know the Kabane branch family Shyukyou power, "Dragon Claw".
Last edited by kk1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

IwEL wrote: once again this chapter proves oh great's awesome drawing style
I agree this chapter was just flat out amazing, I can't wait to see him top himself (though that's going to be tough) with fights in the present. This had enough action to last a whole volume let alone a chapter, thank God this didn't end in fall when he takes his break, I wouldn't be able to wait for the cliffhanger. And it's sweet we finally got to see the Wani family actually do something.
Last edited by kk1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Kyu1982 wrote: BTW, I just realize after Natsume's ability use bugs.
Isn't it similar to Enmi's Moth using technique.
I was wondering how master of Enmi family get to Natsume's house after Mataza attacked their temple.
Seems like those bugs can carry things.

In this case, they carried Reiki until the form break up.
More like Reiki was giving them form, by transmitting Aya's power. Since the fake Aya is made of bugs it's going to be solid and able to do what a real person could do, so of course it can hold a sword.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
Personally, I am more interested in the Kago family gate. If regeneration is a trick Souhaku learned on his own, then imagine his actual Gate power, which must be quite interesting, if sensei has been keeping it under wraps for the final showdown (I assume).

)..
Uhhh we got it last chapter, his gate is to revive dead things.

Something just hit me in looking back at fight 89 with Nagi in the center of a circle surrounded by 10 corpses, and it's been speculated by others and me that they are members of the other families with 2 missing spots for Kago and Nagi, but look at the outfits they are wearing, remind anyone of any curent(or past character outfits?) This is the inner sanctum of the Kago estate, those have got to be Souhaku's old bodies! Why would he keep corpses of the other families? He's always wearing that same outfit, so those 2 missing spots are 1) the present Souhaku and 2)it's replacement...Nagi. I think someone else might have guessed that before and if you did, I think you're right.
Last edited by kk1 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Well, not quite to revive the dead. It said something like he can keep the ki moving to keep people living, but that you can't really call that being alive. He also can't bring someone back if their ki has completely dissipated. Shin seemed to have some ability to talk with the dead, maybe if combined with the Dragon's Eye the Kago gate can actually bring a dead person's soul back.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Uhhh we got it last chapter, his gate is to revive dead things.
His gate. Not the Kago family's. I was specifially speaking about the Kago Family.
Natsume Aya: The power to manipulate "death". I somehow ... felt that he could but...

Natsume Aya: So this is ... the Kago family's ... !!

Reiki: The truth is that it isn't the "Kago Family" but is "Souhaku's own" ... power
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_15_Trans.html

The Kago family 8th Dragon Gate must be something different. This is what I was referring to.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:Uhhh we got it last chapter, his gate is to revive dead things.
His gate. Not the Kago family's. I was specifially speaking about the Kago Family.
Natsume Aya: The power to manipulate "death". I somehow ... felt that he could but...

Natsume Aya: So this is ... the Kago family's ... !!

Reiki: The truth is that it isn't the "Kago Family" but is "Souhaku's own" ... power
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_15_Trans.html

The Kago family 8th Dragon Gate must be something different. This is what I was referring to.
Ghost: The reaosn ... is because up until now there *HAS NEVER BEEN A HEAD OF THE FAMILY OTHER THAN HIM* ...

You just misunderstood, it's his own because there is no Kago family since he's the only member.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Ghost: The reaosn ... is because up until now there *HAS NEVER BEEN A HEAD OF THE FAMILY OTHER THAN HIM* ...

You just misunderstood, it's his own because there is no Kago family since he's the only member.
"Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken about a great many things." (c) The Emperor

:lol: :lol:

OK, on a more serious note, I disagree with your assesment. If Souhaku's power equals Kago family dragon gate, then Reiki saying that "it isn't the 'Kago Family'...power" is redundant. If she only wanted to say that he's the only member of the Kago family, then she didn't need to say that it is his own personal power, not the Kago Clan power.

In fact, her very wording suggests that there are two powers: Souhaku's personal and Kago family's gate.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:Ghost: The reaosn ... is because up until now there *HAS NEVER BEEN A HEAD OF THE FAMILY OTHER THAN HIM* ...

"Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken about a great many things." (c) The Emperor

:lol: :lol:

OK, on a more serious note, I disagree with your assesment. If Souhaku's power equals Kago family dragon gate, then Reiki saying that "it isn't the 'Kago Family'...power" is redundant. If she only wanted to say that he's the only member of the Kago family, then she didn't need to say that it is his own personal power, not the Kago Clan power.

In fact, her very wording suggests that there are two powers: Souhaku's personal and Kago family's gate.
I don't know, it seems more a result of going for a dramatic effect and being a result of the translation. I just think you're wrong, but hey what else is new? Time will tell I guess.
protocol7
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by protocol7 »

nah i think what she meant by saying that it sho haku's own power is that from the beginning he alone has had that power.He alone uses the gate throught all the ages so instead of a "family" power the gate is basicall his
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Can it really be considered a gate though? It sounds like it's just a ability.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

When translating, my impression was that it is Shohaku's own power. It might be the power of the Kago family, but since there has never been anoyone else to pass the power on down to, it isn't known if that particular power would pass down to his descendants. It might, it might not.

But that is just the impression that I got.

BTW, I won't start translating chapter 93 for a while. I've been crazy busy.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

FuguTabetai wrote:When translating, my impression was that it is Shohaku's own power. It might be the power of the Kago family, but since there has never been anoyone else to pass the power on down to, it isn't known if that particular power would pass down to his descendants. It might, it might not.

But that is just the impression that I got.

BTW, I won't start translating chapter 93 for a while. I've been crazy busy.
If it is the power of the kago familly, could the reason a "true warrior" was never achieved before Nagi was that the last gate could never be obtained as long as Souhaku lived?

On another note, maybe the power of Reiki acts as the same as the "magic jammer" disabling Souhaku's power, which would explain why he feared/fears it.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Sounds likely. That's defintely a possiblilty that reiki can act as a jammer like you said.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

With regards to Souhaku's power and any possible Kago family power, I don't remember there being any direct indication of the Kago family having inherited special powers. But maybe I'm forgetting something. If they do, it could be that Souhaku has a "mutant" strain. Otherwise, he's probably like Senhime - a very rare (random?) innate ability out of the blue. If Souichirou doesn't have the same power naturally, then it's probably an uninheritable power.

With regards to Reiki, since it can suck up energy, I'm sure it can disrupt Souhaku's life/death gate which relies on flowing energy. Hmm, I wonder how easy it is to contruct a similar "magic circle" to the one used in the current chapter - since it disrupts the magic flow of energy in Yumemaru (Senhime's dog). Can only Souhaku create such a thing (or with the power of the Amaterasu gate)? If others could make it, wouldn't that be an alternative way to kill Souhaku for good?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:With regards to Souhaku's power and any possible Kago family power, I don't remember there being any direct indication of the Kago family having inherited special powers. But maybe I'm forgetting something. If they do, it could be that Souhaku has a "mutant" strain. Otherwise, he's probably like Senhime - a very rare (random?) innate ability out of the blue. If Souichirou doesn't have the same power naturally, then it's probably an uninheritable power.

With regards to Reiki, since it can suck up energy, I'm sure it can disrupt Souhaku's life/death gate which relies on flowing energy. Hmm, I wonder how easy it is to contruct a similar "magic circle" to the one used in the current chapter - since it disrupts the magic flow of energy in Yumemaru (Senhime's dog). Can only Souhaku create such a thing (or with the power of the Amaterasu gate)? If others could make it, wouldn't that be an alternative way to kill Souhaku for good?
As usual I think we're all speculating way too much. Senhime's chakra is the odd one to me, it leaves open two possibilities she is a red feather also (one that must not have left any descendents, a little hint as to her fate next chapter perhaps) or there are other families out there that have chakra's beyond the normal 7. I think there was a possibility Souichiro could inherit Souhaku's gate as his mom and Dougen seemed to be wondering which power he would have when he first learned to open it(will we get the black dragon-nagi or flying dragon-kago?). I've also thought about it blocking powers, if that's what it does and Souhaku uses his power to stay yooung and alive why didn't he revert like the dog when he was standing in the center of it?