Fight 94

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 94

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Mon May 22, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avi of the Sand
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Avi of the Sand »

Wow. i think i like Past Aya way more than current Aya . i hope she's the cover girl on the next volume. :oops:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

So, so awesome!

I hope they properly finish the Ancient Arc instead of going for a quick jump, because it gives a great insight into the structure of the families and provides great tension vis a vis Maya's and Nagi's situation. 8)

The magatama on her neck... Does it mean she is now one of Senhime's handmaidens?
Avi of the Sand
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Avi of the Sand »

magatama? is that what it's called? i really like things like that. it looks pretty cool.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Vol 15 out June 19th. Next UJ, out on the same day, will have a TT cover and 'supplements'.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

'supplements' a cute way of saying "no chapter this month" ?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:'supplements' a cute way of saying "no chapter this month" ?
NAh, OG doesn't take a break until Fall.

Gorgeous picture btw, OG never fails to dissapoint.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

yea going to make good wallpaper... after volume 16 gets released for a good scan of it :/
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

torrent up on point blank

http://www.point-blank.cc:6969/
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

We knew Aya was gonna fail, but that's still a very cruel way to kill a 9 year old...

I guess next Nagi will show us why Souhaku fears Reiki so much.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Wow... What a chapter!

The old guy betrayed Souhaku, which allowed Aya to get in. Looks like there was something special with the letter on the box of crabs to Souhaku.

Didn't expect Senhime to take up a weapon (can she even use it?) and that distracted Aya enough for Souhaku to take Aya's own knife and slowly stab her. Nasty. With Aya unable to use any special abilities, it's rather literally adult vs child.

Meanwhile, Ichiyou can't locate Aya due too all the kekkai (spiritual barriers) in the area, and is currently battling the big blob known as Ieyasu.

Shoujou is in deep shit against the Yagyuu guy, because there's a real difference between Shoujou's copying and the real thing - the Yagyuu guy knows he's up against Shoujou Tokuan, not Ono Jirou. Reiki gets knocked out of Shoujou's hands, and he uses a gun Ichiyou had left him as a backup, but that doesn't work either. That's when Shoujou uses his real last resort / trump card - I can't quite figure it all out, but it seems that when using Reiki, Shoujou can copy people's skills directly, or something. Which is how he used the Yagyuu uber-skill. Shoujou then goes to take over the guy's face, but it doesn't work for some reason. Some new guy turns up (carrying Reiki?) and tells him to live as Ono or something.

Last scene: Souhaku is trying to get outside the kekkai that prevents him from using his special skills - he hasn't died from Aya's stab yet, but is having trouble walking and is bleeding heavily. Aya stands beside chibi-Aya, who seems to mistake Aya for Ichiyou. Chibi-Aya apologises for screwing up - it was actually the first time she ever stabbed someone. She then asks if what she did was useful, even if just a bit. Aya nods. Chibi-Aya smiles and says "I'll be going first then" (ie first to die, and implying she'll see Ichiyou soon). Seems like chibi-Aya actually did care about Ichiyou.

I suspect the next chapter will the the last one in this arc. Also, after all this, Aya is sure going to be pissed at Souhaku. Seems like Aya is going to be the one most likely to permanently kill Souhaku.

On a side-note, since the area chibi-Aya is in is a Ki-exclusion zone, how come Aya and ghost can "be" there? Well, there's a couple of explanations I can think of (they're time-travelling after all) but it's a little weird.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

The chapter: http://mrprophet.com/temp/v16c94.zip

Way to start a new volume! Folks, that bearded guy... didn't he look a lot like the true face of Shoujou back from Figth 89? The sculls and Reiki are identical to what Shoujou is wearing.

I think Shoujou was kinda talking to his inner self. You know that happens a lot in shounen manga (time slowing down and the shounen hero talking to himself, making himself get up and kick ass). I think this is what's happening here, with the "real Shoujou" telling the faux-Onojiro to stop screwing around and fight like the real Onojiro Tadaaki.

Image Image
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
Way to start a new volume! Folks, that bearded guy... didn't he look a lot like the true face of Shoujou back from Figth 89? The sculls and Reiki are identical to what Shoujou is wearing.

I think Shoujou was kinda talking to his inner self. You know that happens a lot in shounen manga (time slowing down and the shounen hero talking to himself, making himself get up and kick ass). I think this is what's happening here, with the "real Shoujou" telling the faux-Onojiro to stop screwing around and fight like the real Onojiro Tadaaki.

Image Image

That's what happened, Shyoujyou reverted to his normal face and somehow turned the guy he was fighting into Tadaaki(I guess he didn't kill him). Look at the panel when he's walking away Shyoujyou is still wearing his same outfit and his right hand is wrapped up and Tadaaki is wearing the same outfit as the guy he was fighting(he even still had the hat on). It looks like OG is trying to keep history consistent by leaving a Onojiro Tadaaki at the castle.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Ah, I get it. D'oh.

I had thought *Shoujou* was going to stay as Onojirou Tadaaki, but instead he turned the Yagyuu guy into Onojirou Tadaaki. Shoujou says something like "If Ono-chan died, there'd be a guy who'd be sad" while tapping the skulls around his neck. He says something about how, as a swordsman, the Yagyuu guy should understand (why it's a good idea to stay at Onojirou).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Wow... What a chapter!
I agree!
shouki wrote: The old guy betrayed Souhaku, which allowed Aya to get in. Looks like there was something special with the letter on the box of crabs to Souhaku.
Was that the Emporer's signature or something?
shouki wrote: Didn't expect Senhime to take up a weapon (can she even use it?) and that distracted Aya enough for Souhaku to take Aya's own knife and slowly stab her. Nasty. With Aya unable to use any special abilities, it's rather literally adult vs child.
Reminded me of that scene in saving private Ryan where the German is stabbing the Jewish american.
shouki wrote: Meanwhile, Ichiyou can't locate Aya due too all the kekkai (spiritual barriers) in the area, and is currently battling the big blob known as Ieyasu.
Geez that guy can move?
shouki wrote: Shoujou is in deep shit against the Yagyuu guy, because there's a real difference between Shoujou's copying and the real thing - the Yagyuu guy knows he's up against Shoujou Tokuan, not Ono Jirou. Reiki gets knocked out of Shoujou's hands, and he uses a gun Ichiyou had left him as a backup, but that doesn't work either. That's when Shoujou uses his real last resort / trump card - I can't quite figure it all out, but it seems that when using Reiki, Shoujou can copy people's skills directly, or something. Which is how he used the Yagyuu uber-skill. Shoujou then goes to take over the guy's face, but it doesn't work for some reason. Some new guy turns up (carrying Reiki?) and tells him to live as Ono or something.
See my explanation above, I don't see how he could do that last move because of Reiki when he's not holding Reiki, and when he was he was getting his ass kicked.
shouki wrote: I suspect the next chapter will the the last one in this arc. Also, after all this, Aya is sure going to be pissed at Souhaku. Seems like Aya is going to be the one most likely to permanently kill Souhaku.
But we now know she can't, though I have a strong suspicion a new character with Ameratasu's gate is going to show up soon. Or since we know Senhime is going to die maybe she gets killed with Reiki and her blood is on Reiki and that can kill Souhaku or something, of course in the present Mitsuomi has Reiki again and I don't see him giving it to Aya anytime soon.
shouki wrote: On a side-note, since the area chibi-Aya is in is a Ki-exclusion zone, how come Aya and ghost can "be" there? Well, there's a couple of explanations I can think of (they're time-travelling after all) but it's a little weird.
Yeah, they aren't really there, though didn't Reiki just say ghosts(what they are) are ki without a body?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:That's what happened, Shyoujyou reverted to his normal face and somehow turned the guy he was fighting into Tadaaki(I guess he didn't kill him). Look at the panel when he's walking away Shyoujyou is still wearing his same outfit and his right hand is wrapped up and Tadaaki is wearing the same outfit as the guy he was fighting(he even still had the hat on). It looks like OG is trying to keep history consistent by leaving a Onojiro Tadaaki at the castle.
Oh, that seems to be correct. I just got confused by the fact that Yagyuu was looking into his own reflection in the blood.

As for Ghosts, I think that can be explained by the fact that Reiki and Aya aren't really present there, they are only observing, detached from the material world. Perhaps chibi-Aya was just halucinating?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I must say it's satifying to see Souhaku so desperate. 8)
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:See my explanation above, I don't see how he could do that last move because of Reiki when he's not holding Reiki, and when he was he was getting his ass kicked.
Shoujou says "Sorry, but during the battle I used Reiki to read your Ki and copied your skills". In other words, while getting his ass kicked, he copied the guys moves, but losing Reiki didn't mean he lost the ability to use the moves.
kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote: I suspect the next chapter will the the last one in this arc. Also, after all this, Aya is sure going to be pissed at Souhaku. Seems like Aya is going to be the one most likely to permanently kill Souhaku.
But we now know she can't, though I have a strong suspicion a new character with Ameratasu's gate is going to show up soon. Or since we know Senhime is going to die maybe she gets killed with Reiki and her blood is on Reiki and that can kill Souhaku or something, of course in the present Mitsuomi has Reiki again and I don't see him giving it to Aya anytime soon.
Why can't skill she Souhaku?

And why is Senhime necessarily going to die soon?

And it's Mawari that has Reiki right now.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:See my explanation above, I don't see how he could do that last move because of Reiki when he's not holding Reiki, and when he was he was getting his ass kicked.
Shoujou says "Sorry, but during the battle I used Reiki to read your Ki and copied your skills". In other words, while getting his ass kicked, he copied the guys moves, but losing Reiki didn't mean he lost the ability to use the moves.
Oh cool.

kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote: Why can't skill she Souhaku?
As Reiki told Aya during this time traveling, this era of the past is the only time Souhaku could be killed because of Senhime's gate.
shouki wrote:
And why is Senhime necessarily going to die soon?
Yeah, you're right, I was assuming that would be how Souhaku would have to save himself and explain why no one in the present has her gate, but I keep forgetting she is a historical character...and she did have a surviving daughter...hmmm.
shouki wrote:
And it's Mawari that has Reiki right now.
Well yeah but she is obviously loyal to him and I'm sure she'll give it back when he asks for it.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

hmmm.... is it me or does this chapter seem to help wiht the whole nagi/aya relationship knowing that their bloodline go so far back and how after all the time that chibi-aya has "claimed to hate" ichiyou, in the end she was smiling thinking it was him...... looks to me as if they are building a coonnection between the nagi and aya..... :D
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote:Why can't skill she Souhaku?
As Reiki told Aya during this time traveling, this era of the past is the only time Souhaku could be killed because of Senhime's gate.
The quote at the end of chapter 90?

Hmm. I can't say I fully understand the Japanese for that line myself, but I don't think it means there was and will only ever be one chance to kill Souhaku - and since that has past, it'd never happen again. I think it means something more like "he should/could have died permanently then but got away". I think the ghost is showing Aya all this to help her be able to kill Souhaku permanently.

Souhaku fears Reiki for a reason, and I think Aya will use it to kill him.

shouki wrote:And it's Mawari that has Reiki right now.
Well yeah but she is obviously loyal to him and I'm sure she'll give it back when he asks for it.
Mawari's certainly not his underling though. She'd be most likely to stay with the Juukenbu. If Mitsuomi and Aya both asked Mawari for Reiki at the same time, I think Mawari would have trouble choosing.

Besides, once this little arc is over and the ghost merges with Aya, we should see her being able to fully use the Dragon's Eye (or close). Aya should be able to steal it back :)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

shouki wrote:Mawari's certainly not his underling though. She'd be most likely to stay with the Juukenbu. If Mitsuomi and Aya both asked Mawari for Reiki at the same time, I think Mawari would have trouble choosing.
Ever since he met Madoka on Inue's ship, she pretty much became his underling. She seems to defer to him in all matters since then.

Madoka might waver if Masataka asked her, but I think she takes Reiki pretty seriously and since Mitsuomi gave it to her for safekeeping, I think she would consider it a point of honor to actually keep it for him.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

shouki wrote:Ah, I get it. D'oh.

I had thought *Shoujou* was going to stay as Onojirou Tadaaki, but instead he turned the Yagyuu guy into Onojirou Tadaaki. Shoujou says something like "If Ono-chan died, there'd be a guy who'd be sad" while tapping the skulls around his neck. He says something about how, as a swordsman, the Yagyuu guy should understand (why it's a good idea to stay at Onojirou).
It says "Even though this is just 'acting'" ... It looks like some someone regretted his murder"

That's how I would translate it anyway.

Shit, another chapter? I don't have time for this. At least I finally found myself a new apartment. Now to actually collect the money and sign the contract before the owner decides letting an American in isn't the best idea...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote:Why can't skill she Souhaku?
The quote at the end of chapter 90?

Hmm. I can't say I fully understand the Japanese for that line myself, but I don't think it means there was and will only ever be one chance to kill Souhaku - and since that has past, it'd never happen again. I think it means something more like "he should/could have died permanently then but got away". I think the ghost is showing Aya all this to help her be able to kill Souhaku permanently.

Souhaku fears Reiki for a reason, and I think Aya will use it to kill him.

Doesn't Ichiyou also say in the last chapter "I'm saying that It is a unique "opportunity" ...right now is the best time to truly kill Kago Souhaku" and the blurb at the end" The so-called immortal Souhaku will also become no more than a normal "person",He can be destroyed with a single dagger ". Again of course unless it's revealed Reiki has some special ability we don't know of yet.(we seem to get one every chapter it seems :wink: ) Though I don't see why Souichiro can't just steal his chakra with his Dragon Fist and render him a normal person that can be killed, of course that would make Souichiro just as powerful as him and just start the cycle over again. Power corrupts and absolute power yadda yaddda yadda.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:hmmm.... is it me or does this chapter seem to help wiht the whole nagi/aya relationship knowing that their bloodline go so far back and how after all the time that chibi-aya has "claimed to hate" ichiyou, in the end she was smiling thinking it was him...... looks to me as if they are building a coonnection between the nagi and aya..... :D
Well there already is a connection, though obviously one sided. I wouldn't read too much into this past stuff(it won't mean anything to Nagi) they were both only just 9 year olds and even though past Aya had the Dragon eye she was a relative of both sisters(though obviously more like our Aya), OG sure has set up an odd love quadrangle.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

lol yea your right but its nice to see that the nagi/natsume family do go very far back with each other.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Wow Fugu aftyer you7r last post I didn't expect to see this so soon, lucky us :D
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

I'll take what I can get. 8)
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

Translation up already, sweet! :D
Currently Addicted to: Eureka 7 ^_^
Anticipating: Sengoku Musou 2, Persona 3
Currently Playing: King of Fighters XI, Guilty Gear X2#:Slash, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
Finished: Tales of The Abyss, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Wow, what a sad and beautiful chapter. That's how you do a death scene.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:Doesn't Ichiyou also say in the last chapter "I'm saying that It is a unique "opportunity" ...right now is the best time to truly kill Kago Souhaku" and the blurb at the end" The so-called immortal Souhaku will also become no more than a normal "person",He can be destroyed with a single dagger ". Again of course unless it's revealed Reiki has some special ability we don't know of yet.(we seem to get one every chapter it seems :wink: )
To be honest, I'm getting confused with your posts (not sure if you're being inconsistent, or changing your expectations, or I'm just miss-reading them). So I'll try to explain my thoughts from the start (with some expanded and new thinking too):

Why does Souhaku so often surround himself with massive levels of protection (though not purely reactive)? (Eg Osaka Castle, and more recently his modern equivalent). Basically, Souhaku is not "strong" in a straight one-on-one battle. This is not to say he's weak in general, and he does have a lot of tricks up his sleeve, but he's not a "tank" like Mitsuomi, Tawara and Bob, he doesn't have super Ki attacks and so on. However, since he has no time limits, he can slowly build up protection around him.

Basically, anyone trying to kill him permanently will generally be facing very bad odds. I think if you could capture Souhaku, it wouldn't be hard to kill him permanently - just chuck him in a pool of acid/hot lead/fire or whatever. Unless he can revive even if his body is 100% destroyed. (I've no idea where the story is going with his head being cut off, but he doesn't seem too concerned). If his "mind" is immortal, then that poses a different kind of problem - but it does seem that being in a Ki nullifying Kekkai (field/barrier) means he would die permanently if he died in the normal sense. It's possible he could "reincarnate" (transfer himself to another body) but I think he'd need his existing body in good shape to do that.

So it seems unlikely to me that his mind is in fact immortal, independant of his body. Hence, to kill him permanently, you need to prevent his body from reviving. So, you could 100% destroy his body (hard to do in a raid against difficult odds), or cut the link between his special powers and his body - eg with a Ki nullifying Kekkai. Reiki would probably be able to do something similar. I don't think Sohaku will want to go into an anti-Ki field again though, which leaves atomising him or using Reiki. It's also possible that Souichirou could steal Souhaku's power, which'd mean Souhaku could no longer use it.

Maybe Souhaku hopes to take over Souichirou's body and so gain the strongest general powers around - and so remove his greatest weakness.

So for the "ancient arc", since the Takayanagi group doesn't expect to be able to "destory" Souhaku's body (they don't have a powerful enough attacking force), they can only do a suicide raid. I dunno what they were thinking of originally (to use Reiki?) but the unique opportunity presented to Ichiyou was Souhaku deciding to hole up in Osaka castle in an anti-Ki field. Meaning "all" they have to do is kill him normally and he's dead permanently. Instead it looks like Souhaku will manage to get away, but it'll be a close call. Maybe we'll see an attempt to use Reiki to kill him permanently before he can finally escape in the next chapter. Maybe the whole raiding party dies in the battle, meaning some of the knowledge about Souhaku is lost.

So what's the point of all this from the story in general? The ghost said that this long flashback was the most important part - ie how to kill Souhaku (even if the actual attempts failed). Afterwards, when the ghost merges with Aya, I wouldn't be surprised if her ability to use the Dragon's Eye shoots up massively. Even if that doesn't happen, I'd expect Aya to become even more determined. Aya is also probably the most suited to use Reiki to kill Souhaku - and at the moment, has the best knowledge on killing him. And anyway, Reiki belongs to the Natsume family, and Aya has been drawn with Reiki many times.

The ghost also suggests that it would be possible to save Maya (who's dead) and Mitsuomi (who'll die soon), presumably using Souhaku's power somehow. Surely if Maya is going to be revived, it'll have to be very soon though (else she'll end up looking like zombie Fu).

On the other hand, if Souhaku is killed permanently, then unless Souichirou has taken or can inherantly use Souhaku's power, then Maya wouldn't be able to be revived. Or possibly, if Aya "captures" Souhaku while wielding Reiki, she could "persaude" him to revive Maya. We might well get a "kill Souhaku or revive Maya" dilema - though I expect both to occur.

Anyway... It seems to me to be really obvious that Aya will be the one to wield Reiki in a big way, possibly including killing Souhaku. I don't see it as being a big deal that Aya doesn't have Reiki right now.

Though I don't see why Souichiro can't just steal his chakra with his Dragon Fist and render him a normal person that can be killed, of course that would make Souichiro just as powerful as him and just start the cycle over again. Power corrupts and absolute power yadda yaddda yadda.
The correct solution to that problem is to create an immortal harem, starting with Aya and Maya :twisted:
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

btw... could someone edit the first post with the very wide image - like turn it into a link, not inline. That way, it doesn't mess with the page formatting too much.

Not that I don't like it, but we don't need to keep reloading it a zillion times.

Edit Thanks
Last edited by shouki on Wed May 24, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:Doesn't Ichiyou also say in the last chapter "I'm saying that It is a unique "opportunity" ...right now is the best time to truly kill Kago Souhaku" and the blurb at the end" The so-called immortal Souhaku will also become no more than a normal "person",He can be destroyed with a single dagger ". Again of course unless it's revealed Reiki has some special ability we don't know of yet.(we seem to get one every chapter it seems :wink: )
To be honest, I'm getting confused with your posts (not sure if you're being inconsistent, or changing your expectations, or I'm just miss-reading them). So I'll try to explain my thoughts from the start (with some expanded and new thinking too):
Really? No, I was just lead to believe from this volume that Souhaku is pretty much immortal to convential death because of his chakra(dragon gate) except at this one time in the past when Senhime's unique Ameterasu chakra existed that rendered all others (including his) non working.
shouki wrote: Why does Souhaku so often surround himself with massive levels of protection (though not purely reactive)? (Eg Osaka Castle, and more recently his modern equivalent).
His residences to me were as much about their amplification properties
as their protective abilities,besides when he had Makiko strung up it looked like Dougen pretty much just strolled in.

shouki wrote: Basically, Souhaku is not "strong" in a straight one-on-one battle. This is not to say he's weak in general, and he does have a lot of tricks up his sleeve, but he's not a "tank" like Mitsuomi, Tawara and Bob, he doesn't have super Ki attacks and so on. However, since he has no time limits, he can slowly build up protection around him.
I don't know at certain points it seems he liked to mix it up, like when he went around creating "F" by deposing or killing all the current heads of the 12 families, or when he killed Oda in the past. It seems to me from what he said to Senhime he just doesn't like to fight, and why bother when you can get other people who are better at it anyway to do it for you.
shouki wrote: Basically, anyone trying to kill him permanently will generally be facing very bad odds. I think if you could capture Souhaku, it wouldn't be hard to kill him permanently - just chuck him in a pool of acid/hot lead/fire or whatever. Unless he can revive even if his body is 100% destroyed. (I've no idea where the story is going with his head being cut off, but he doesn't seem too concerned). If his "mind" is immortal, then that poses a different kind of problem - but it does seem that being in a Ki nullifying Kekkai (field/barrier) means he would die permanently if he died in the normal sense. It's possible he could "reincarnate" (transfer himself to another body) but I think he'd need his existing body in good shape to do that.
Yeah the whole mind transfer thing is something I thought he might be doing with Nagi, but as we saw he had to do some certain "cerimonial?" thing with that circle. Something he was rushing to get done. I thought those bodies might be Souhaku's old bodies, but that's all pure speculation right now. Also Inue said something about Nagi becoming Susano and more important than Souhaku so I really don't think Souhaku was transferring himself into Nagi's body, I don't see his "spirit" being able to transfer between bodies. I'm really expecting Souhaku's body to stand up and stick his head back on his neck and be perfectly fine.
shouki wrote:
So it seems unlikely to me that his mind is in fact immortal, independant of his body. Hence, to kill him permanently, you need to prevent his body from reviving. So, you could 100% destroy his body (hard to do in a raid against difficult odds), or cut the link between his special powers and his body - eg with a Ki nullifying Kekkai. Reiki would probably be able to do something similar. I don't think Sohaku will want to go into an anti-Ki field again though, which leaves atomising him or using Reiki. It's also possible that Souichirou could steal Souhaku's power, which'd mean Souhaku could no longer use it.
I agree. See the Kekkai at Osaka castle was just an amplification of Senhime's (I'm assuming) limited range(just like he needed the naked women to create one when he had Kabane killed). So without someone with Amaterasu's gate to amplify a kekkai is impossible. With Reiki something the present Kabane said might be a clue. When they find Aya they guess she must be in contact with Reiki because the ki is leaving her body so fast and only Reiki could suck up ki that fast. So I would guess Reiki could take away the remaining ki in Souhaku's body after he's killed, preventing him from healing himself since ghost Reiki told Aya even someone who appears dead has that small amount of ki still in them and thus can be revived until that last bit leaves or is removed.

shouki wrote: Maybe Souhaku hopes to take over Souichirou's body and so gain the strongest general powers around - and so remove his greatest weakness.
I don't see it as that great a weakness, brains beat muscle and Souhaku's centuries of wisdom more than make up for any lack of offensive power in my opinion. But like I said above he does fight, look when he took back Nagi he took out everyone in that hospital without a scratch.

shouki wrote: So for the "ancient arc", since the Takayanagi group doesn't expect to be able to "destory" Souhaku's body (they don't have a powerful enough attacking force), they can only do a suicide raid. I dunno what they were thinking of originally (to use Reiki?) but the unique opportunity presented to Ichiyou was Souhaku deciding to hole up in Osaka castle in an anti-Ki field. Meaning "all" they have to do is kill him normally and he's dead permanently. Instead it looks like Souhaku will manage to get away, but it'll be a close call. Maybe we'll see an attempt to use Reiki to kill him permanently before he can finally escape in the next chapter. Maybe the whole raiding party dies in the battle, meaning some of the knowledge about Souhaku is lost.
No, obviously originally they were hoping to sneak in (thus all the trouble they went through to impersonate characters etc)and assasinate "Tenkai", it seems to me it was just a political move to kill the Tenkai persona because the 12 Families didn't like the influence he was weilding over the government. They knew Souhaku wouldn't be dead but his posistion in the government and ties he built would be gone becuase they would think "Tenkai" was dead. I don't think Reiki would be necessary, just "killing" him so others saw him "die" would be nescessary. And like you said after Kabane's death Ichiyou just realized they could kill him "for real" becuase of Senhime, which doesn't seem to have been the original plan. That is the only reason I don't think Reiki can permanently kill Souhaku, if Reiki was all that was neccessary wouldn't he have been killed long ago? Why does Ameterasu's gate present a "unique oppurtunity" if he can be permanently killed with Reiki? Wouldn't him obtaining Reiki been more of a priority? He seems concerned but not overly worried about Reiki, something you'd think he would be if it was one of the few things that could kill him.

shouki wrote: So what's the point of all this from the story in general? The ghost said that this long flashback was the most important part - ie how to kill Souhaku (even if the actual attempts failed). Afterwards, when the ghost merges with Aya, I wouldn't be surprised if her ability to use the Dragon's Eye shoots up massively. Even if that doesn't happen, I'd expect Aya to become even more determined. Aya is also probably the most suited to use Reiki to kill Souhaku - and at the moment, has the best knowledge on killing him. And anyway, Reiki belongs to the Natsume family, and Aya has been drawn with Reiki many times.
Well at the least I think Aya will be on the level of her ancestor using her power after this which should be really cool, I don't know about her being most suited. In fight 87 Souhaku was worried about an "expert" like Madoka using the "activated" Reiki, so as long as Aya activates it, it seems a sword expert like Madoka would be just as suited to use Reiki.

shouki wrote: The ghost also suggests that it would be possible to save Maya (who's dead) and Mitsuomi (who'll die soon), presumably using Souhaku's power somehow. Surely if Maya is going to be revived, it'll have to be very soon though (else she'll end up looking like zombie Fu).
I'm guessing Mitsuomi doesn't realize how Souhaku' spower works or else he wouldn't have "killed" him. But I expect both to be around, there's no way OG is going to tease us with this tournement for years and not give it to us, there's no way he'll make this book suck like the anime.

shouki wrote: On the other hand, if Souhaku is killed permanently, then unless Souichirou has taken or can inherantly use Souhaku's power, then Maya wouldn't be able to be revived. Or possibly, if Aya "captures" Souhaku while wielding Reiki, she could "persaude" him to revive Maya. We might well get a "kill Souhaku or revive Maya" dilema - though I expect both to occur.
Hmmm interesting, Souhaku's power seems to throw a monkey wrench into all the other theories we had going here.
shouki wrote: Anyway... It seems to me to be really obvious that Aya will be the one to wield Reiki in a big way, possibly including killing Souhaku. I don't see it as being a big deal that Aya doesn't have Reiki right now.
I don't know Mitsuomi was going to destroy it before, he doesn't beleive in using supernatural powers for anything so as long as he has it the possibility of him destroying it is always there.
shouki wrote:
Though I don't see why Souichiro can't just steal his chakra with his Dragon Fist and render him a normal person that can be killed, of course that would make Souichiro just as powerful as him and just start the cycle over again. Power corrupts and absolute power yadda yaddda yadda.
The correct solution to that problem is to create an immortal harem, starting with Aya and Maya :twisted:
I don't know Souhaku had Makiko who ain't too shabby herself and access to all those women in the past and it didn't change him :wink:
Last edited by kk1 on Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:His residences to me were as much about their amplification properties
as their protective abilities,besides when he had Makiko strung up it looked like Dougen pretty much just strolled in.
Actually, this is interesting.

Can someone set the timeline straight? Was Dougen's visit before or after Souhaku went on a killing spree?

8 years before present time, the abilities of the Red Feathers have suddenly started waking up, Shin went on a rampage and killed his parents. I assume that Souhaku got him after this and brought him to his mansion, but then along came Dougen to retrieve the boy.

Now, where did Souhaku's own thing from Madoka's memories happen? Was it after this thing with Shin? Before? Concurrently?

Because if it was after, then Dougen's visit is not really all that surprising. He is the head of the Twelve Families, Souhaku owes him allegiance on the face of it. It looks to me that Souhaku has been keeping quiet after the incident at Osaka (however it happened), so that over time the families forgot about his menace.

Dougen is a bit testy with Souhaku, but they don't seem to be enemies. It's like Dougen knows that Souhaku is up no good and Dougen doesn't like Souhaku, but the knives haven't been bared just yet and the kind of open warfare that the Families had with Souhaku back in the Ancient Arc hasn't yet started.

There is a lot yet to be uncovered in the history between Souhaku and the other families, not just in the Ancient Arc, but also what happened 8 years ago, and I really hope it gets explained somehow (hopefully, without a lenghy flashback). :D
hat is the only reason I don't think Reiki can permanently kill Souhaku, if Reiki was all that was neccessary wouldn't he have been killed long ago?
I think they thought that Reiki would somehow negate Souhaku's regeneration ki just like Maya was able to cut through Tetsuhito's iron skin when Reiki got activated. But since it needs ki from the actual Dragon Eye user for full activation (just like Maya couldn't kill Kagiroi untill Aya connected to her), then the original plan tanked.

Basically, it was a gamble for them, and the Amaterasu Gate just made it a bit less of a gamble. But, the original plan (before Kabane died) must have been similar: sneak in with Reiki and do a frontal assault on Souhaku, hoping that Reiki would break his regeneration technique.

They were just counting that they would all be able to use their Dragon Gates against Souhaku. Once that idea went out of the window, Nagi just decided to use the Amaterasu Gate against Souhaku.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:His residences to me were as much about their amplification properties
Actually, this is interesting.

Can someone set the timeline straight? Was Dougen's visit before or after Souhaku went on a killing spree?
I think we discussed this before but it seems to me Shin killing his parents, being taken by Souhaku and Dougen coming to Souhaku's to get Shin all happened on the same day. If you look at the clothes Shin is wearing when he kills his parents and when Souhaku brings him to Makiko it's the same outfit. And when Dougen arrives he accuses Souhaku of murdering Shin's parents and also mentioning he's probably behind the deaths of the other 12 family heads but can't directly prove it. And since Makiko had all the gates except the dragon's eye at that time I would assume the Natsume's were the last family in his killing spree.

MrProphet wrote:
8 years before present time, the abilities of the Red Feathers have suddenly started waking up, Shin went on a rampage and killed his parents. I assume that Souhaku got him after this and brought him to his mansion, but then along came Dougen to retrieve the boy.
I assumed it was Makiko,all the ki she collected plus her power amplified by Souhaku's mansion(I'm assuming that's why Souhaku had her hanging up there).
MrProphet wrote:
Now, where did Souhaku's own thing from Madoka's memories happen? Was it after this thing with Shin? Before? Concurrently?
Hard to say exactly but it had to be around the exact same time, from what Dougen said.

MrProphet wrote:
Because if it was after, then Dougen's visit is not really all that surprising. He is the head of the Twelve Families, Souhaku owes him allegiance on the face of it. It looks to me that Souhaku has been keeping quiet after the incident at Osaka (however it happened), so that over time the families forgot about his menace.

Dougen is a bit testy with Souhaku, but they don't seem to be enemies. It's like Dougen knows that Souhaku is up no good and Dougen doesn't like Souhaku, but the knives haven't been bared just yet and the kind of open warfare that the Families had with Souhaku back in the Ancient Arc hasn't yet started.

There is a lot yet to be uncovered in the history between Souhaku and the other families, not just in the Ancient Arc, but also what happened 8 years ago, and I really hope it gets explained somehow (hopefully, without a lenghy flashback). :D
It seems to me Souhaku was just kept in check but given a prominent position to keep him out of trouble(as all the other red feathers seem to be pretty poor, Souhaku looked like the only one in the present that still had the money the white feathers did). In vol 11 when Makiko was recovering and talking about 8 years ago she says of Souhaku "I guess you really were dissatisfied with your position back then". I'm sure they were always suspicious of Souhaku, but they seem to have some sort of understanding. It looks like all the behind the scenes scheming and using others to do his dirty work, kept Souhaku from openly breaking whatever terms they had come to.

Maybe if Fugu ever gets around to translating the additional vol 14 material, alot of that was converstaions between Makiko and Souhaku 8 years ago.
That is the only reason I don't think Reiki can permanently kill Souhaku, if Reiki was all that was neccessary wouldn't he have been killed long ago?
I think they thought that Reiki would somehow negate Souhaku's regeneration ki just like Maya was able to cut through Tetsuhito's iron skin when Reiki got activated. But since it needs ki from the actual Dragon Eye user for full activation (just like Maya couldn't kill Kagiroi untill Aya connected to her), then the original plan tanked.

Basically, it was a gamble for them, and the Amaterasu Gate just made it a bit less of a gamble. But, the original plan (before Kabane died) must have been similar: sneak in with Reiki and do a frontal assault on Souhaku, hoping that Reiki would break his regeneration technique.

They were just counting that they would all be able to use their Dragon Gates against Souhaku. Once that idea went out of the window, Nagi just decided to use the Amaterasu Gate against Souhaku. [/quote]

I don't know if OG will ever make it clear what they originally planned but they must have sent two 9 year olds for a reason, though I guess the only red feather not there was Hotaru, and they wouldn't really make any difference.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:I assumed it was Makiko,all the ki she collected plus her power amplified by Souhaku's mansion(I'm assuming that's why Souhaku had her hanging up there).
Well, Makiko must have been along for the ride to steal the Dragon Gates, but Kago has been the one behind all the killing, as we see from Madoka's flashback.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:I assumed it was Makiko,all the ki she collected plus her power amplified by Souhaku's mansion(I'm assuming that's why Souhaku had her hanging up there).
Well, Makiko must have been along for the ride to steal the Dragon Gates, but Kago has been the one behind all the killing, as we see from Madoka's flashback.
Right, I just meant all the ki she collected set off everyones red feather power 8 years ago.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Right, I just meant all the ki she collected set off everyones red feather power 8 years ago.
Really? But how? I think that the whole amlification thing happened because a lot of the Red Feathers somehow came together (and their power multiplied because of this convergence), which in turn made Shin go crazy because of power overload.

How does Makiko fit into this?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:Yeah the whole mind transfer thing is something I thought he might be doing with Nagi, but as we saw he had to do some certain "cerimonial?" thing with that circle. Something he was rushing to get done. I thought those bodies might be Souhaku's old bodies, but that's all pure speculation right now. Also Inue said something about Nagi becoming Susano and more important than Souhaku so I really don't think Souhaku was transferring himself into Nagi's body, I don't see his "spirit" being able to transfer between bodies. I'm really expecting Souhaku's body to stand up and stick his head back on his neck and be perfectly fine.
A more gruesome version of "Buggy the Clown" (from One Piece) eh.

btw, if you don't think that Souhaku can transfer himself, then would you agree that destroying Souhaku's body (with fire or whatever) would be effective in killing him permanently?

I agree. See the Kekkai at Osaka castle was just an amplification of Senhime's (I'm assuming) limited range(just like he needed the naked women to create one when he had Kabane killed). So without someone with Amaterasu's gate to amplify a kekkai is impossible. With Reiki something the present Kabane said might be a clue. When they find Aya they guess she must be in contact with Reiki because the ki is leaving her body so fast and only Reiki could suck up ki that fast. So I would guess Reiki could take away the remaining ki in Souhaku's body after he's killed, preventing him from healing himself since ghost Reiki told Aya even someone who appears dead has that small amount of ki still in them and thus can be revived until that last bit leaves or is removed.
Interesting point about Kabane on Reiki - yeah, does seem most likely that Reiki is simply the best way to drain Ki from someone/something, hence can jam Souhaku's special skill invlving Ki. Also, when Maya was finished with Tetsuhito, he didn't just die, but aged. Would that have happened if he'd been killed in some alternative way (without Reiki)? Senhime's dog (Yumemaru) also died+aged after walking into the anti-Ki field.

No, obviously originally they were hoping to sneak in (thus all the trouble they went through to impersonate characters etc)and assasinate "Tenkai", it seems to me it was just a political move to kill the Tenkai persona because the 12 Families didn't like the influence he was weilding over the government.
They specifically went in because Souhaku was causing endless wars. This is brought up again in the latest chapter. Or do you actually buy Souhaku's BS to Senhime about hating wars?

They knew Souhaku wouldn't be dead but his posistion in the government and ties he built would be gone becuase they would think "Tenkai" was dead. I don't think Reiki would be necessary, just "killing" him so others saw him "die" would be nescessary. And like you said after Kabane's death Ichiyou just realized they could kill him "for real" becuase of Senhime, which doesn't seem to have been the original plan. That is the only reason I don't think Reiki can permanently kill Souhaku, if Reiki was all that was neccessary wouldn't he have been killed long ago? Why does Ameterasu's gate present a "unique oppurtunity" if he can be permanently killed with Reiki? Wouldn't him obtaining Reiki been more of a priority? He seems concerned but not overly worried about Reiki, something you'd think he would be if it was one of the few things that could kill him.
Hmm. Yeah, there's very little direct mention of Reiki in this arc.

It looks like they wanted Shoujou to attack from inside, while the others come in through the secret tunnels.

I guess it becomes a unique opportunity because with Souhaku in the anti-Ki field, all they have to do is stab him normally, rather than use some more complicated method with more dependancies - it's easier for chibi-Aya to sneak in than to smuggle in Reiki. It'll be interesting to see what Shoujou does with Reiki in the next chapter.

Well at the least I think Aya will be on the level of her ancestor using her power after this which should be really cool, I don't know about her being most suited. In fight 87 Souhaku was worried about an "expert" like Madoka using the "activated" Reiki, so as long as Aya activates it, it seems a sword expert like Madoka would be just as suited to use Reiki.
Relying on Aya to activate Reiki every time seems rather unnecessary and complicated - and leaves Aya very vulnerable. Better to have both Aya and Modoka in an attack than just one as well. That ladybird with Maya almost died and without it, Reiki would haven't activated. Aya mostly trains with swords and though isn't on Madoka's level (yet), she's certainly not bad. And a lot taller (^-^). And like I said before, it's the Natsume's family sword.

Are you just being contrarian, or do you really not expect to see Aya using Reiki?

I wonder what Souhaku's comment really meant. Madoka was the only sword user there, but why does that matter? If our theory about Reiki being able to kill Souhaku is right, then so long as Reiki is activated, it shouldn't make too much difference who wields it so long as Souhaku is sliced up, you'd think.

I'm guessing Mitsuomi doesn't realize how Souhaku' spower works or else he wouldn't have "killed" him. But I expect both to be around, there's no way OG is going to tease us with this tournement for years and not give it to us, there's no way he'll make this book suck like the anime.
Personally, I'm not too hung up about it. But I suspect Shoujou and Kabane were brought in to help fill out the Juukenbu's team.

I don't know Mitsuomi was going to destroy it before, he doesn't beleive in using supernatural powers for anything so as long as he has it the possibility of him destroying it is always there.
That didn't stop him from telling Madoka to use Reiki to cause some damage. If Reiki is the best way to kill Souhaku, I really really doubt Mitsuomi's so brain-dead as to try to destroy Reiki beforehand.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:Right, I just meant all the ki she collected set off everyones red feather power 8 years ago.
Really? But how? I think that the whole amlification thing happened because a lot of the Red Feathers somehow came together (and their power multiplied because of this convergence), which in turn made Shin go crazy because of power overload.

How does Makiko fit into this?
She's a Nagi they can supply huge amount's of ki, though I thought it might be that whole resonance thing where if you bring together a bunch of red feathers their power resonates. And since Makiko had all those powers combined in her body the same effect would be acheived. I'm not sure the how of it, just that that's what Makiko said happened (she would know since it involved her) and that Dougen tried to do the same with Shin and Reiki at the school that day Maya was attacked, from what Fu Chi'en said.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:Yeah the whole mind transfer thing is something I thought he might be doing with Nagi, but as we saw he had to do some certain "cerimonial?" thing with that circle. Something he was rushing to get done. I thought those bodies might be Souhaku's old bodies, but that's all pure speculation right now. Also Inue said something about Nagi becoming Susano and more important than Souhaku so I really don't think Souhaku was transferring himself into Nagi's body, I don't see his "spirit" being able to transfer between bodies. I'm really expecting Souhaku's body to stand up and stick his head back on his neck and be perfectly fine.
A more gruesome version of "Buggy the Clown" (from One Piece) eh.

btw, if you don't think that Souhaku can transfer himself, then would you agree that destroying Souhaku's body (with fire or whatever) would be effective in killing him permanently?
Yes, though I'm assuming Souhaku is just too smart to be caught in a situation where that could happen. Or maybe that's why he went into hiding for 8 years? I'm also curious as to his other abilities, how did he fight Aya and Tsumuji at the hospital?(Or was that Kabuto?)

shouki wrote:
Interesting point about Kabane on Reiki - yeah, does seem most likely that Reiki is simply the best way to drain Ki from someone/something, hence can jam Souhaku's special skill invlving Ki. Also, when Maya was finished with Tetsuhito, he didn't just die, but aged. Would that have happened if he'd been killed in some alternative way (without Reiki)? Senhime's dog (Yumemaru) also died+aged after walking into the anti-Ki field.
It seems they revert to what they were before Souhaku "fixed" them, maybe Tetsuhito was really old when Souhaku recruited him to his cause?
shouki wrote:
No, obviously originally they were hoping to sneak in (thus all the trouble they went through to impersonate characters etc)and assasinate "Tenkai", it seems to me it was just a political move to kill the Tenkai persona because the 12 Families didn't like the influence he was weilding over the government.
They specifically went in because Souhaku was causing endless wars. This is brought up again in the latest chapter. Or do you actually buy Souhaku's BS to Senhime about hating wars?

No, I know he was manipultaing things to his ends I'm saying basically the same thing. Through his position in the government he was causing problems(starting wars) the 12 families wanted to end.
shouki wrote:
They knew Souhaku wouldn't be dead but his posistion in the government and ties he built would be gone becuase they would think "Tenkai" was dead. I don't think Reiki would be necessary, just "killing" him so others saw him "die" would be nescessary. And like you said after Kabane's death Ichiyou just realized they could kill him "for real" becuase of Senhime, which doesn't seem to have been the original plan. That is the only reason I don't think Reiki can permanently kill Souhaku, if Reiki was all that was neccessary wouldn't he have been killed long ago? Why does Ameterasu's gate present a "unique oppurtunity" if he can be permanently killed with Reiki? Wouldn't him obtaining Reiki been more of a priority? He seems concerned but not overly worried about Reiki, something you'd think he would be if it was one of the few things that could kill him.
Hmm. Yeah, there's very little direct mention of Reiki in this arc.

It looks like they wanted Shoujou to attack from inside, while the others come in through the secret tunnels.

I guess it becomes a unique opportunity because with Souhaku in the anti-Ki field, all they have to do is stab him normally, rather than use some more complicated method with more dependancies - it's easier for chibi-Aya to sneak in than to smuggle in Reiki. It'll be interesting to see what Shoujou does with Reiki in the next chapter.
Yeah since this whole flashback was done by "Reiki" I was expecting to learn more about Reiki than all this Souhaku stuff. Was Shoujyou impersonating Ono just to get into the castle or for his skills with a sword so he could use Reiki against Souhaku? Is Reiki useless now because Aya is dead and can't activate it, or can any red feather activate it?
shouki wrote:
Relying on Aya to activate Reiki every time seems rather unnecessary and complicated - and leaves Aya very vulnerable. Better to have both Aya and Modoka in an attack than just one as well. That ladybird with Maya almost died and without it, Reiki would haven't activated. Aya mostly trains with swords and though isn't on Madoka's level (yet), she's certainly not bad. And a lot taller (^-^). And like I said before, it's the Natsume's family sword.

Are you just being contrarian, or do you really not expect to see Aya using Reiki?

I wonder what Souhaku's comment really meant. Madoka was the only sword user there, but why does that matter? If our theory about Reiki being able to kill Souhaku is right, then so long as Reiki is activated, it shouldn't make too much difference who wields it so long as Souhaku is sliced up, you'd think.
Yeah i still don't get the whole ladybird beetle thing, was it really necessary for Aya to "be there"? Aya though might be necessary because of the Dragon eye's ability with ki Reiki might drain someone else to quickly to be effective. Oh I expect Aya to use Reiki(OGs been drwaing her with it from the start) but I wouldn't be surprised for him to use some of the other characters unique skills as well. Souhaku seemed worried about her skill with a sword, maybe he's just that good that he could fend off some one without that kind of sword skills.

shouki wrote:
Personally, I'm not too hung up about it. But I suspect Shoujou and Kabane were brought in to help fill out the Juukenbu's team.
shouki wrote:
That didn't stop him from telling Madoka to use Reiki to cause some damage. If Reiki is the best way to kill Souhaku, I really really doubt Mitsuomi's so brain-dead as to try to destroy Reiki beforehand.
Well he's just being expedient since he's in no shape to fight, who knows what's going through his thick head though.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

A letter to Souhaku from (I believe) Ieyasu. But I'm not really sure what is going on with that either. It will probably become more clear as I read the rest of the chapter.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Fugu you're avatar has "puffed up"!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote:Fugu you're avatar has "puffed up"!
yeah, I lost my original source drawing, so I made a new one. Sleeker (well at the same size anyway it would be) and more modern to represent my new life in Tokyo. Also, cute transparency tricks with PNGs that will probably go unnoticed (the bubbles.)

I don't know about that signature either. I've never been good at reading handwriting, much less calligraphy.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Some translation comments

Post by shouki »

MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

shouki
Doushi
Doushi