Fight 96

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

I can't believe I practically forgot about the new chappy. :cry:
Currently Addicted to: Eureka 7 ^_^
Anticipating: Sengoku Musou 2, Persona 3
Currently Playing: King of Fighters XI, Guilty Gear X2#:Slash, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
Finished: Tales of The Abyss, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

As they say, **** happens. 8)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I thought it was pretty clear that the main role of the Dragon's Fist is to collect a large amount of ki, and then pass it on to the Dragon's Eye, which uses it.

The powers were split out to support one another (hence the reinforcing "Resonance" effect) and specialized so that people would have to work together. I don't recall anything about Susano (the original person with all the powers?) not being able to handle all the power and splitting them off for safety reasons, or what but...

Of course, as usual I'm busy and haven't even peeked at this chapter yet. I'm back in Tokyo now, but leave for Seattle for another conference (Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval this time, and my sister's wedding afterwards) so I might take a while to finish up the previous and now this chapter.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote: I thought it was pretty clear that the main role of the Dragon's Fist is to collect a large amount of ki, and then pass it on to the Dragon's Eye, which uses it.

The powers were split out to support one another (hence the reinforcing "Resonance" effect) and specialized so that people would have to work together. I don't recall anything about Susano (the original person with all the powers?) not being able to handle all the power and splitting them off for safety reasons, or what but...
Well the present Shyoujyou and Kabane said that but I don't see it.(I think they said the Takayanagi blood was split not the Susuano blood, wasn't he only in Tetsuhito's story so far?) I mean we saw 2 expert users in the past and though they worked together we never really saw their ki supplying and using abilities come into play with each other, do they really do that or was Kabane just pointing out their possible compensatory nature? He said them 2 were like that too but I don't see how ki copying and using cutting blades make up for the others weakness :?(well I see how the blades can help the non offensive copying power but not the other way) Does that make Souhaku's power and the Dragon Palm complimentary? Kinda doesn't make sense when you think about it. Besides absorbing ki a couple times (Makiko and past Nagi) so far we've just seen the super powered punch turning people to mush. Stealing others powers seems like the most useful aspect of the Dragon Fist besides it's pure offensive use, how would one give the ki to the other anyway punch them? :shock:

FuguTabetai wrote:
Of course, as usual I'm busy and haven't even peeked at this chapter yet. I'm back in Tokyo now, but leave for Seattle for another conference (Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval this time, and my sister's wedding afterwards) so I might take a while to finish up the previous and now this chapter.
Damn you're busy you're going to need Oh Great's usual Fall hiatus just to catch back up.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

just posted chapter 96 translation. :)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Great stuff, just in time for the next chapter :wink:
kurish
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by kurish »

hi I'm new. I dont know japaneese so i won't be of much help :)
I have a question: does enyone think that the mohican guy may be souhaku's son.The way his mother was tortured and killed and the fact that it was way in the past.I actualiy think that he and Inue are the same persons that we are observing in the present and in the past. Souhaku has the ability to revave after all.

sorry for the spelling :oops:
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Page 79
TJTG096_079.jpg XResolution: 823 YResolution: 1200

Bubble 0 Character: Nagi Souichirou

Author: fugu Language: English: Wha ... What is he saying ...

Should be what's "she" saying this is Nagi in the present repeating the last thing we heard himsay(about Inue) before the flashback started
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

kurish wrote:hi I'm new. I dont know japaneese so i won't be of much help :)
I have a question: does enyone think that the mohican guy may be souhaku's son.The way his mother was tortured and killed and the fact that it was way in the past.I actualiy think that he and Inue are the same persons that we are observing in the present and in the past. Souhaku has the ability to revave after all.

The guy with the Beckham hair cut is Tetsuhito and I really really doubt it. Yes he and Inue are the same persons as the present ones, we knew this a long time ago. I mentioned it at least as far back as fight 84, maybe earlier (at lesast about Tetsuhito).
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

kk1 wrote:

The guy with the Beckham hair cut is Tetsuhito and I really really doubt it. Yes he and Inue are the same persons as the present ones, we knew this a long time ago. I mentioned it at least as far back as fight 84, maybe earlier (at lesast about Tetsuhito).
I said awhile back that the man standing next to Tetsuhito's mom after his "birth"(exploing c-section I guess one could call it) looked alot like Souhaku and I asked if Tetsuhito might be Nagi's half brother from his father's side. The main argument against this was that Tetsuhito looked too old to be Souhaku's son, but given what we know now assuming Tets is Nagi's half brother is possible IMHO.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:
kk1 wrote:

I said awhile back that the man standing next to Tetsuhito's mom after his "birth"(exploing c-section I guess one could call it) looked alot like Souhaku and I asked if Tetsuhito might be Nagi's half brother from his father's side. The main argument against this was that Tetsuhito looked too old to be Souhaku's son, but given what we know now assuming Tets is Nagi's half brother is possible IMHO.
I just really doubt it, Tets doesn't call him dad nor him son (in Japan familial terms aren't dropped) plus it seems Souhaku doesn't have children for some reason (doesn't want to pass on his power and create competition?) and only had Nagi as part of a plan. And as I said once we learned it's not his original body, maybe the only reason he did so was that he knows he can't pass on his own power and so Nagi would only be born with his mother's power.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Nagi would only be born with his mother's power.
But is that true? How do we know Nagi didn't inherit Kago Clan's 8th Dragon?

We never even knew that he has Nagi's 8th dragon until the old guys taught him how to open it up, so how can we be sure that Kago's 8th Gate has not also been inherited and only needs specific training to come out?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:Nagi would only be born with his mother's power.
But is that true? How do we know Nagi didn't inherit Kago Clan's 8th Dragon?

We never even knew that he has Nagi's 8th dragon until the old guys taught him how to open it up, so how can we be sure that Kago's 8th Gate has not also been inherited and only needs specific training to come out?
I assumed it's because Souhaku no longer has his original body and thus no longer has his original dna to pass on his gate.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:I assumed it's because Souhaku no longer has his original body and thus no longer has his original dna to pass on his gate.
Do we know for certain that the Gates are inherited at the DNA level?

This is "magic" after all...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, his "magic" is stored in his eye, so I assume that it still can be inherited in the genetic sense of the word, even if we discount the metaphysical aspects of such inheritance.
Iromaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Iromaru »

I doubt that it is possible to inherit two 8th gates. Til now only Tetsuhito was able to use multiple 8th gates and it was becouse of this acupuncture ritual.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:I assumed it's because Souhaku no longer has his original body and thus no longer has his original dna to pass on his gate.
Do we know for certain that the Gates are inherited at the DNA level?

This is "magic" after all...
Well since they're family specific I assume that's how they are passed on though actually so far we have only seen mother-->child transmission. Souichiro, Mataza and even though it's not a gate Tetsuhito, everyone else we don't know which parent had the gate so perhaps it's transmitted in the mitochondrial DNA which is only passed on maternally. Which would explain why Souhaku is unique if he was the first to have the power, there's no way for him to pass it to any children. Which brings up a coversation from the first vol between Aya and Maya about how she picked Souichiro to marry and they said that's how their mother and all Natsume women did it (suggesting the family name is passes down maternally), and also Makiko saying all the families had a similar origin story to Tetsuhito's family(women passing down the traits). Hmm perhaps we've stumbled onto an interesting twist in the families histories, maybe that why the white feathers have no powers. We see they pass the name down paternally like Yorihira Tsumuji. Maybe the original 12 kids were 7 brothers(the white feathers and Souhaku) and 5 sisters(the red feathers). 8)
Last edited by kk1 on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iromaru
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Iromaru »

There aren't any strong evidences to your theory, but I must say that it's quite logical. This may really be true.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

That's an interesting theory, but as of right now, it's more coincidential with huge white spots that anything strong.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

As always, thanks for the comments clearing up the ranslation. I can't believe how wrong I am on these things sometimes (and it is so clear with a little does of a different perspective.)

I hope to start on chapter 97 today, but I've got some work to do this weekend as well, so I might not be able to.