Fight 97

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 97

Post by shouki »

http://www.s-manga.net/mens/uj/tenjou.swf

Well, the "ancient arc" continues, though not directly on from last month it seems. Looks to be fully winter now...

I get the impression that Tenkai... or rather "Kago Souhaku" seems to be addressing a bunch of important people but it's hard to make out much more than that.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

? I get the same pic from fight 96 :?

Up there it goes weird, well we knew we were getting at least one more past chapter hopefully we at least get to see Souichiro's fate :x
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Try hitting reload...

You should get something like this:
http://i8.tinypic.com/24xjsjk.jpg
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Wasn't it already close to Winter in Fight 96? Everyone seemed warmly dressed.

Hopefully, we'll see at least a flashback to the confrontation between the Big Bad and Ichiyou.

PS: You need to hit reload to see the new swf. Or else purge the browser cache.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

The page with the bridge also shows snow. Some time must've passed by it seems.

If that's actually Souhaku over there, then I wonder what happened to Ichiyou.
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

Is Fugu still translating this? I didn't see any chapters past 93 in the "Downloads" section.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Look here for 94 and up.
MetalGravy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by MetalGravy »

awesome, thanks :D
miyagiCE
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by miyagiCE »

Yeah, he just forgot to update the links.
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

kujoe wrote:The page with the bridge also shows snow. Some time must've passed by it seems.

Probably took his body as his new one. I noticied Souhaku (if that's acutally him) hair color is changed.
Currently Addicted to: Eureka 7 ^_^
Anticipating: Sengoku Musou 2, Persona 3
Currently Playing: King of Fighters XI, Guilty Gear X2#:Slash, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
Finished: Tales of The Abyss, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
hhv94
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by hhv94 »

I just remembered why I took a break from this manga series...its realy sloooow! Not to mention I havent seen anyone post any scanlations for this series. Shame realy.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

hhv94 wrote:I just remembered why I took a break from this manga series...its realy sloooow! Not to mention I havent seen anyone post any scanlations for this series. Shame realy.
You want it over fast? I'll take all I can get, and there are scanlations out there.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hariel0079 wrote:
kujoe wrote:The page with the bridge also shows snow. Some time must've passed by it seems.

Probably took his body as his new one. I noticied Souhaku (if that's acutally him) hair color is changed.
I don't think that's his hair, man where is this already? Its usually out by now. :(
Hariel0079
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Hariel0079 »

kk1 wrote:
I don't think that's his hair, man where is this already? Its usually out by now. :(
Is it out yet?
Currently Addicted to: Eureka 7 ^_^
Anticipating: Sengoku Musou 2, Persona 3
Currently Playing: King of Fighters XI, Guilty Gear X2#:Slash, Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
Finished: Tales of The Abyss, Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Hariel0079 wrote:
kk1 wrote:
Is it out yet?
no :( I would have been talking about it already, this is the latest it's been in a year.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

Seeems like no one is scanning it.
It should be out last Saturday or Friday I believe.
(My bad, right now, I am in Asia. it is Monday now. )

In the end, we might have to wait for chinese releasing group such as Jojohot.

I am heading out to buy this one. cannot wait any longer.
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Wasn't there a holiday in Japan recently? It could be because that or just it's late.
arai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by arai »

Read it. Basic idea is that Ichiyou can't kill Souhaku because the country needs someone capable enough of commanding the new government (now that Shoujou and Ieyasu are gone) to handle closing off the country.

Ichiyou realizes this and this is where Souhaku forms a meeting with the Takayanagi and the other feather houses to state his proposal.

Etc, etc.

Important point is that Souhaku promises not to do anything for a while, with everybody else helpless to protest. Also, Tetsuhito is wearing the same uniform as the Kagiroi house leader shown in previous chapters.

Ichiyou can't do anything directly and Souhaku says he'll leave him alone, so what he decides to do dedicate the rest of his life and his clan to wiping away all the world's unnatural powers. On the way, he saves the same girl that had been picking up crabs earlier.

And blahblahblah. Aya wakes up in the present and the two current Kabane and Shoujou introduce themselves and that they're here to finish the work of their ancestors.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

No.
I believe Weekly magazine was affected by it.

Publishing company does not push their regular release date because of holiday. If that is case, their entire schedule would be out of control.
Most time, they just cancel the release. it only happens if releasing date and holiday is same.
Well, I think there is only one guy who scan Ultra jump because scanning quality was similar most time.
Maybe, this guy is busy with real life work or sick.
No one knows.

But, it will be released by some body sooner or later.

And for last post, What is that ? your prediction?
arai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by arai »

It's called, "I bought this month's Ultra Jump on Saturday."
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

arai wrote:Read it. Basic idea is that Ichiyou can't kill Souhaku because the country needs someone capable enough of commanding the new government (now that Shoujou and Ieyasu are gone) to handle closing off the country.

Ichiyou realizes this and this is where Souhaku forms a meeting with the Takayanagi and the other feather houses to state his proposal.

Etc, etc.

Important point is that Souhaku promises not to do anything for a while, with everybody else helpless to protest. Also, Tetsuhito is wearing the same uniform as the Kagiroi house leader shown in previous chapters.

Ichiyou can't do anything directly and Souhaku says he'll leave him alone, so what he decides to do dedicate the rest of his life and his clan to wiping away all the world's unnatural powers. On the way, he saves the same girl that had been picking up crabs earlier.

And blahblahblah. Aya wakes up in the present and the two current Kabane and Shoujou introduce themselves and that they're here to finish the work of their ancestors.
We don't get to see what happens to Souichiro yet?! Gah I can wait then :( Shit now we have to wait until November, since OG always takes that fall hiatus, this blows.
arai
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by arai »

kk1 wrote: We don't get to see what happens to Souichiro yet?! Gah I can wait then :( Shit now we have to wait until November, since OG always takes that fall hiatus, this blows.
Hm? Doesn't look like there's going to be a hiatus. OhGreat mentions that the next issue will be the start of the final chapter of the modern era arc.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Final chapter? As in, the very last? Are we that close already? It seems as if there's still a lot of stuff to cover!
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

So, in the end past arc ends.

Well, it is sad.
personally, I loved past arc more.

Cannot wait to see NagiXSohaku.
I think Mitsuomi will die by Sohaku because Maya is dead.
And, Aya will save Nagi by poking sohaku's eye.
possibly die in the process.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

arai wrote:
kk1 wrote: We don't get to see what happens to Souichiro yet?! Gah I can wait then :( Shit now we have to wait until November, since OG always takes that fall hiatus, this blows.
Hm? Doesn't look like there's going to be a hiatus. OhGreat mentions that the next issue will be the start of the final chapter of the modern era arc.
Next issue of UJ or just next chapter of TT? Final chapter(s) or volume I mean the past arc itself took up a whole volume I don't see him reconciling the present in a chapter or chapters, at least 2 more volumes.
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

I think that OG will start last chapter next chapter.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think that by "chapter" he means that Fight 98 will be the beginning of the final story arc. However long that one takes is another question.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

It's out, man OG is such a tease, still no Maya and Nagi this chapter might as well be all words :x Well Shyoujou and Kabane are fun anyway(or should I say Hirohiko and Mitsuiro), and who the hell are all those mutants? Red feathers? What is this turning into the X-men now?

http://www.point-blank.cc:7001/
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Ah, kk1, ya beat me to it...

Anyway, lol, Shoujou and Kabane are interesting. The current Shoujou is kinda weird - talks (and looks) a bit like a guy sometimes, but uses "atashi" (female version of "I"). Biggest laugh in a while is when she (?) takes on Aya's body to say "hi" and then grabs her own breasts saying it's like having two watermelon attached... (Suddenly, I feel a bad premonition for Masataka...)

Just before Aya wakes up, there's a mostly black page with hard to read text. That text is mostly from vol 14 (pages 193, and 203). Back then, Kabane had suggested writing "meat" on Aya's forehead (cliche joke when someone is unconscious). When Aya suddenly wakes up, she grabs and pins Kabane before her strength suddenly runs out (she used all her Ki for the Dragon Eye of course). Kabane decides he really should have written "meat" on her head...

When Kabane and Shoujou first turned up, the sky definitely seemed to be darkening (though there was no sunlight beam over Aya). Now that she's woken up, it still seems to be evening... so I don't think much time has passed for her.

The two are: From the 12 Families, 15th gen Kabane Myouun Hirohiko and likewise from 12 Families, 17th gen Shoujou Tokuan Mitsuiro. They've just arrived at the school today.

(What kind of name is Mitsuiro? male? female? I tried looking it up but got no answers yet...)
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Definitely a gender bender. I was pretty meh on this chapter until the end. A great way to bring us back into the present.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Ah, kk1, ya beat me to it...

The two are: From the 12 Families, 15th gen Kabane Myouun Hirohiko and likewise from 12 Families, 17th gen Shoujou Tokuan Mitsuiro. They've just arrived at the school today.

(What kind of name is Mitsuiro? male? female? I tried looking it up but got no answers yet...)
Yeah I've never heard that name before, pretty sure she's all girl though, that was pretty funny when she got a first hand experience of just how big Aya's boobs are :D (I thought Kabane mentioned when they first showed up they might be bigger...might? it looks like it's no contest.
Oh does that say generation? I thouht those might be their ages...

Oh yeah who does Tetsuhito kill?(too bad he's dead Tets is so cool) Is that the head of the Mawaris ?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

No direct download? :cry:

It looks like Takuan and Myoun are both hereditary titles. I thought they were the given names of the ancient arc Shyoujyou and Kabane.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/Shueisha/Ultra/Tenjo.zip

LOL, Shoujou mimicking Aya and fondling her own breasts was hilarious.

So, they are Hirohiko and Mitsuiro. Mitsuiro sounds like a female name (although ambiguously so). I mean, would a guy be named after a color?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:Yeah I've never heard that name before, pretty sure she's all girl though, that was pretty funny when she got a first hand experience of just how big Aya's boobs are :D (I thought Kabane mentioned when they first showed up they might be bigger...might? it looks like it's no contest.
I thought Kabane said they were "about the same"... (certainly seem in a different league though).

btw, there was some debate about whether the modern Kabane was male or female (at least, Fugu wrote them both as female in the v14 translation) but Hirohiko is only ever a male name AFAIK. (I always thought he was a guy anyway...)

Oh does that say generation? I thouht those might be their ages...
No, it's 100% definitely "generation".

"[N]-daime" = Nth generation. If you've seen any of Naruto, "san-daime hokage" = "3rd gen Hokage" etc. In modern era manga/anime, the most likely case you'll see this is in Yakuza families. Eg:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asano-gumi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyodo-kai

But it applies to any family.

The "当主" (toushu) bit is "(present) head of a family"

Oh yeah who does Tetsuhito kill?(too bad he's dead Tets is so cool) Is that the head of the Mawaris ?
I don't think it says who it is. There doesn't seem to be any indication of who's who. Obviously some faces are known... but some are new. (Maybe the person with the kid is Natsume family...?)

PS It looks pretty certain that Ichiyou takes the crab girl for his wife. He's about to leave her when she says with her mother dead, she'll die herself if left alone since picking crabs isn't much of a life.

It seems a bit of a surprise that Souichirou's mother doesn't seem to have inherited Ichiyou's determination for revenge (and completing his mission). I'd be surprised if she didn't know about it... maybe she found out too late? Maybe the Nagi family got seperated a bit, or had similar problems to the current Natsume, and didn't get an "update" from Takayanagi until too late?

It's less of a surprise for Aya not to know - after all, Shin killed their parents...

PPS I'm sure the editor's text at the end says the "final arc" will begin next. Could be literally translated as "final chapter" but I'm pretty sure different kanji are used for serialised stories like manga to indicate "chapters" as we normally know them.

The overall story seems to be:
initial arc (individuals with individual reason), past arc explaining the background, current arc sort-of joins up with "ancient history", ancient arc explaining the background, then final arc (just starting). I'd imagine first the "ancient history" will be cleared and then it'll be time to settle the individual differences... (ie election tournament).
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

MrProphet wrote:LOL, Shoujou mimicking Aya and fondling her own breasts was hilarious.
I hope Oh Great doesn't get too "creative" with using this character's ability to change her body.

So, they are Hirohiko and Mitsuiro. Mitsuiro sounds like a female name (although ambiguously so). I mean, would a guy be named after a color?
I looked through the ename-dict a lot, and couldn't find any given names with "iro" that were male-only. They were either family names, place names, female given names or generic.

Looking up the kanji via Google, I didn't find much that was helpful. I did find what appears to be a loli H-manga with "mitsuiro" (same kanji) in the title... (Ahem).

The name "蜜色" (Mitsuiro) would literally mean "honey colour".

Though she looks kinda masculine at times, I think it's best to assume she was born female until further notice.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If Hirohiko and Mitsuiro are 15th and 17th generation of their respective families, that approximately computes up to a 400-425 years old. (17 x 25 = 425)

Sounds to me like the Ancient Arc Shoujou Tokuan and Kabane Myouun were the original 1st generation Shoujou and Kabane. This would explain why the current ones have the same names. Most probably, all the heirs of the Shoujou and Kabane had Tokuan and Myouun as their hereditary names, in honor of the first generation.

If we extrapolate that fact further, we could surmise that the original 1st generation Nagi and Natsume were named "Kengo" and "Danjou", since Souichirou's full name is Nagi Souichirou Kengo and Maya's - Natsume Danjou Maya.

It's still a bit strange, though. If Myouun and Tokuan were the very first of their clan, then were there Red Feathers before them who had their Dragon Gate? Does this mean that the 12 families are scaresly 400-450 years old, or does this mean that the 8th Dragon gate can actually be inherited outside the original clan?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

In chapter 90, we find that the ancient arc Aya was from 14 generations ago... So yes, it does make you wonder when the Kabane and Shoujou familes actually started.

It'd be interesting to know what generation Aya is. She'd have to be 15th gen at least. (Ancient Aya talks about the Natsume family having been around since "the age of gods" so maybe Aya would be more like 115th gen...?)

It's also possible that the Kabane and Shoujou Dragon Gate ability was around for longer, but the family names were more recent - given out of honour, for some task, or what-not such as agreeing to join the Takayanagi clan. So for 1st gen Kabane/Shoujou, it doesn't necessarily mean that nobody had that Dragon Gate before them.

I agree about the middle name being inherited.

From the ways the "bad guys" in the ancient arc reacted to the 4 Red Feathers, it doesn't quite seem like they were 1st gen. ie their family names preceded them.
shinryu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinryu »

wassup im new here and i just have a question about tenten is it really near the end i hope not
SaberStrykeX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by SaberStrykeX »

How is the natsume family line even still around if Aya's ancestor was stabbed by Souhaku in chapter 94? She was only 9 years old at the time so she couldn't have had any kids. I hope he resolves that issue before coming back to the present.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

SaberStrykeX wrote:How is the natsume family line even still around if Aya's ancestor was stabbed by Souhaku in chapter 94? She was only 9 years old at the time so she couldn't have had any kids. I hope he resolves that issue before coming back to the present.
She could have sisters, aunts, brothers, neices...etc. I doubt she was the last representative of her family(there's one from each sitting here with Souhaku in this chapter).
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Little additional...

Early in the chapter, there is a question over whether it's really Sohaku there, or whether Shoujou has gotten delusions of grandeur as Tenkai. So the guy drawing the sword decides to have a little test..

Before that, the Shoujou ability (shoujou = orangutan) is described as being "saru-mane" (immitation, or "monkey see monkey do").
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
I looked through the ename-dict a lot, and couldn't find any given names with "iro" that were male-only. They were either family names, place names, female given names or generic.

Looking up the kanji via Google, I didn't find much that was helpful. I did find what appears to be a loli H-manga with "mitsuiro" (same kanji) in the title... (Ahem).

The name "蜜色" (Mitsuiro) would literally mean "honey colour".

Though she looks kinda masculine at times, I think it's best to assume she was born female until further notice.
I really don't think she looks masculine at all, except for being a little tall, though the resemblence to her ancestor is obvious.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Little additional...

Early in the chapter, there is a question over whether it's really Sohaku there, or whether Shoujou has gotten delusions of grandeur as Tenkai. So the guy drawing the sword decides to have a little test..

Before that, the Shoujou ability (shoujou = orangutan) is described as being "saru-mane" (immitation, or "monkey see monkey do").
That guy is the same as in the pic of all 11 generals in fight 91(looks like the chubbylady is Hotaru and the guy who gets shot is either Mawari or Shoujyou(I'm assuming Mawari since he's on the white feather side).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:

PS It looks pretty certain that Ichiyou takes the crab girl for his wife. He's about to leave her when she says with her mother dead, she'll die herself if left alone since picking crabs isn't much of a life.

That's cool.
shouki wrote:
It seems a bit of a surprise that Souichirou's mother doesn't seem to have inherited Ichiyou's determination for revenge (and completing his mission). I'd be surprised if she didn't know about it... maybe she found out too late? Maybe the Nagi family got seperated a bit, or had similar problems to the current Natsume, and didn't get an "update" from Takayanagi until too late?
Seems Souhaku got to her early and she didn't start "cleansing demons" until after he cut off her arm.
shouki wrote:
It's less of a surprise for Aya not to know - after all, Shin killed their parents...

PPS I'm sure the editor's text at the end says the "final arc" will begin next. Could be literally translated as "final chapter" but I'm pretty sure different kanji are used for serialised stories like manga to indicate "chapters" as we normally know them.

The overall story seems to be:
initial arc (individuals with individual reason), past arc explaining the background, current arc sort-of joins up with "ancient history", ancient arc explaining the background, then final arc (just starting). I'd imagine first the "ancient history" will be cleared and then it'll be time to settle the individual differences... (ie election tournament).
Well final arc makes more sense, seems weird though that this will end sooner than later.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote:Though she looks kinda masculine at times, I think it's best to assume she was born female until further notice.
I really don't think she looks masculine at all, except for being a little tall, though the resemblence to her ancestor is obvious.
Masculine at times. Eg, 2nd to last page. To me, she looks to have stronger features than Hirohiko there.

I should add that as well as that visual example, Mitsuiro's speech is somewhat masculine. If she didn't use "atashi" and if Hirohiko hadn't used "chikushou" (dammit!) after being pinned by Aya, then her speech would be more masculine than Hirohiko's, over all.

I'm not saying she's a guy... just trying to explain where I got a sense of "maleness" from her at times.
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Another little random thought...

I'm a bit surprised Aya hasn't mentioned "Souichirou-sama" once yet...

I wonder how much time she's seen since she saw the vision of Souichirou's eye being plucked out. Maybe with all the recent shocks on waking up (having 2 strangers right next to you) was enough to divert her so far.

I'd imagine that Aya will try to immediately go to where Souichirou is when she remembers. I wonder if someone can give her a "ki" boost - I can somehow imagine Mitsuiro volunteering to do it mouth-to-mouth...

We've also yet to find out for certain who/what the ghost really was/is... and what happened. Have it and Aya become one yet?
Last edited by shouki on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:Another little random thought...

We've also yet to find out who/what the ghost really was/is... and what happened. Have it and Aya become one yet?
And what the hell happened to Reiki?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote:Though she looks kinda masculine at times, I think it's best to assume she was born female until further notice.
Masculine at times. Eg, 2nd to last page. To me, she looks to have stronger features than Hirohiko there.

I should add that as well as that visual example, Mitsuiro's speech is somewhat masculine. If she didn't use "atashi" and if Hirohiko hadn't used "chikushou" (dammit!) after being pinned by Aya, then her speech would be more masculine than Hirohiko's, over all.

I'm not saying she's a guy... just trying to explain where I got a sense of "maleness" from her at times.
I think with the leather, smoking and speech I think she's trying to convey the tough girl image, what's the word "sukeban"?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:And what the hell happened to Reiki?
Do you mean - where is Reiki now? (With Mawari I assume)

Or, how did Reiki get from Shoujou to Natsume family ~400 years ago? (I assume Shoujou took it with him on leaving...)
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
kk1 wrote:And what the hell happened to Reiki?
Do you mean - where is Reiki now? (With Mawari I assume)

Or, how did Reiki get from Shoujou to Natsume family ~400 years ago? (I assume Shoujou took it with him on leaving...)
The latter obviously, it fell off the roof and we neversee it again. Since we thought they would need it for Souhaku(and that's who some thought spirit Aya was) I just figured we see more about it, specifically why Souhaku fears it.