Fight 99

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 99

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Reminds me of the Maya/blood tatoo cover page :)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/ ... ht99-2.jpg
Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Oh, yeah, I loved that page. This one is hot too.

For those who want to compare.

ZoddGuts
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ZoddGuts »

Okay I just check chapter 99 it has WTF moment at the end. Clone? lol

Fight 99:

http://rapidshare.de/files/37303154/TenjouTenge99.zip
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Or, you can get it here, if rapidshare isn't nice to you:

http://www.mrprophet.com/temp/v16c99.zip

But, seriously, WTF is wrong with this chapter? A clone of Mitsuomi? Sagamask is brought back only to get killed off so quickly?

Really now... WTF?
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Mits is gonna cheat? What the heck!? He's gonna have Shyoujyou fight in his place! Fake Mits has the same scar/tatoo on his face as did Shyoujyou when we first saw her in case you missed it.

Mask isn't killed, Nagi just makes him and the other see (and feel in the case of Mask)what would have happened if he had really punched him at full power, he actually barely connected with his punch. Just to show him (and us) how much stronger he's become and that Mask no longer stands a chance.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

I wonder what happened between Nagi and Aya. Seriously, it's like talking panel, close up of Aya's sad face, talking panel, sad face...

A better chapter than the last one, in either case.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:Mits is gonna cheat? What the heck!? He's gonna have Shyoujyou fight in his place! Fake Mits has the same scar/tatoo on his face as did Shyoujyou when we first saw her in case you missed it.

Mask isn't killed, Nagi just makes him and the other see (and feel in the case of Mask)what would have happened if he had really punched him at full power, he actually barely connected with his punch. Just to show him (and us) how much stronger he's become and that Mask no longer stands a chance.

Hmmm that is some interesting stuff, I never saw that coming, but is the real Mits really in that bad of shape? I wonder what happened I thought he was just gonna die from his wounds not slowly deteriorate.
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

does somebody have a link for the translation of chaprter 99
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

lol its not even been out 12 hours. give fugu some time
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Dude come back in a few weeks, Fugu has live too you know...
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Interesting developments none the less. What's the deal with him taking off him earrings at the end of the chapter?
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

kk1 wrote:
Ricco wrote:Mits is gonna cheat? What the heck!? He's gonna have Shyoujyou fight in his place! Fake Mits has the same scar/tatoo on his face as did Shyoujyou when we first saw her in case you missed it.

Hmmm that is some interesting stuff, I never saw that coming, but is the real Mits really in that bad of shape? I wonder what happened I thought he was just gonna die from his wounds not slowly deteriorate.
Well he said he only had two or three years before he would die, and that was even without fighting. Maybe its because he's been fighting so much with the whole 'F' thing, maybe its been wearing his heart out.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

hmmmm did nagi puke? wow.... sagano is completely out of nagi's league....... hot cover of aya tho the hair man....
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

-ingore-
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Hated the chapter that much? :wink:
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

So the Mitsuomi that has been after the past chapters with Shin, Tawara and others was all along a clone and the real mitsuomi is been sitting in wheelchair the whole time..?

I remember in some page when mitsuomi took off the earrings... So that was clone and the real one took them off now?

Is this what has happend.. I can't read Kanji so I'm not sure. :CC
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

tkstka wrote:So the Mitsuomi that has been after the past chapters with Shin, Tawara and others was all along a clone and the real mitsuomi is been sitting in wheelchair the whole time..?

I remember in some page when mitsuomi took off the earrings... So that was clone and the real one took them off now?

Is this what has happend.. I can't read Kanji so I'm not sure. :CC
God I hope not, if we go by what we know it's like this: We know that Shyoujyou and Kabane are there to finisih what their ancestors started, which means they know what happened in the past and possibly of Souhaku's powers.

Shouyoujyou's powers gives her the body, power and skills of the person she copies(if we go by her ancestor), thous given her Mits powers minus the weaknesess, namely what Shin did to him, my guess is that Shyoujyou, Kabane and Mits know Souhaku is in Nagi and are going to kill him. They'll kill him when, after fighting for over 3 minutes, Souhaku taunts Mits(Shouyoujyou faking weakness) and goes for the kill only to have Mits still capable to fight kill him first in a surprise attack.

Aya is of course still the X factor in both sides plan, and unless Inue was killed of screen she can't be forgoten either.

I think Mits is in a wheelchair ever since he came back from "killing" Souhaku, he was already at his limit when he performed the double Forged Needle Attack, then he went on to kill Souhaku and punch Nagi. The whole ordeal most have lasted at least 10 minutes from the moment he entered the place to the moment he left, more time then he should be able to move his body(running and dodging uses Ki), he even says to coma Maya that he'll join her soon when he finds her. When he visited Maya he probaebly used the last streinghts he had...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Hollowshingami wrote:Hated the chapter that much? :wink:

no, just retracted a statement I made, that I saw had no basis after re evaluating the chapter :)
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

DemonNeedle wrote: Well he said he only had two or three years before he would die, and that was even without fighting. Maybe its because he's been fighting so much with the whole 'F' thing, maybe its been wearing his heart out.

So if it has been 3 years since the shin flashback... Then Mits should all ready be dead because he has fighten and training a lot after that..
But still he is live and well after 3 years. So is it just me or is he living longer then he should have?
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

I am not sure if mits has been cloned before this chapter. This is most likely new this chapter; seeing how Shyoujyou was in the dojo with aya in the past volume, and she was again seen with mits in the limo last chapter.

It's obvious he wants her to fight for him.. but I dunno why. I do not think Souhaku can be killed by fighting. He has lived through nearly everything. Something crazy is going to be needed to take him down for good.

Maybe they plan it this way so Shyoujyou can copy nagi while Souhaku is in his body. And I still want to know who has reiki (cause I am more then sure its going to be needed to kill him, its been to much of a key thing in the whole tenten story to be ignored in the end)
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Ricco wrote:Shouyoujyou's powers gives her the body, power and skills of the person she copies(if we go by her ancestor), thous given her Mits powers minus the weaknesess, namely what Shin did to him, my guess is that Shyoujyou, Kabane and Mits know Souhaku is in Nagi and are going to kill him.
It should be noted, though, we've only seen her ancestor use it to copy regular, skilled people. I thought it was what Shin did that gave Mits that crazy ki of his. Then again, apparently fake Mits can kill a rampaging bull.
Sleepy Weasel wrote:Maybe they plan it this way so Shyoujyou can copy nagi while Souhaku is in his body
Which would accomplish what? If Shyoujyou could copy Red Feather Dragon Gates, what'd be the point of having the Nagi clan's Dragon Fist. Also, despite copying Souhaku, the other Shyoujyou didn't seem to be able to do much, either.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Asunder wrote:
Ricco wrote:Shouyoujyou's powers gives her the body, power and skills of the person she copies(if we go by her ancestor), thous given her Mits powers minus the weaknesess, namely what Shin did to him, my guess is that Shyoujyou, Kabane and Mits know Souhaku is in Nagi and are going to kill him.
It should be noted, though, we've only seen her ancestor use it to copy regular, skilled people. I thought it was what Shin did that gave Mits that crazy ki of his. Then again, apparently fake Mits can kill a rampaging bull.
Sleepy Weasel wrote:Maybe they plan it this way so Shyoujyou can copy nagi while Souhaku is in his body
Which would accomplish what? If Shyoujyou could copy Red Feather Dragon Gates, what'd be the point of having the Nagi clan's Dragon Fist. Also, despite copying Souhaku, the other Shyoujyou didn't seem to be able to do much, either.
Thing is that for skills to be usuable you need power and the muscle scructure capable of using those skills, which is why I think she has his ki as well(no way you can use those muscles of his at that level without his ki) and not just skills and appearence. I got the weaknesless from the pic where Shizuru looks worried and looks a her watch and we see a "3" in the bubble, seen how we know he can only fight 3 minutes putting 2 and 2 together is simple.

The earings is simple enough, he's gonna give them to Shyoujyou so the transformation is completed(the others might notice they are missing).
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:
Asunder wrote:
Thing is that for skills to be usuable you need power and the muscle scructure capable of using those skills, which is why I think she has his ki as well(no way you can use those muscles of his at that level without his ki) and not just skills and appearence. I got the weaknesless from the pic where Shizuru looks worried and looks a her watch and we see a "3" in the bubble, seen how we know he can only fight 3 minutes putting 2 and 2 together is simple.

The earings is simple enough, he's gonna give them to Shyoujyou so the transformation is completed(the others might notice they are missing).
Well Shoujyou copies ki, she doesn't steal it so I was going to suggest she took Mits' ki and that made him weak but that doesn't make sense. All Mits' skills are matial arts so they are copyable for Shyoujyou but I don't see how she would be able to copy what Shin did to him so I wouldn't think she would be as powerful as Mits can be for his 3 minutes. Oh and that's Emi not Shizuru.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

btw.. no chapter next month? think its gona skip for volume release
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think that Mitsuomi is probably still able to walk around and fight, so the one who went on a mission to get Nagi was the real one. But he can't do it indefinitely, so he probably has to go under and be artifically sustained after some time of running around.

We don't really know what's his ratio and how offen he needs a "boost" of medicine, but, apparently, right now is that time.

As for Shoujou, I don't see why she can't reproduce Mitsuomi's complete arsenal. When she copied him, she copied both ki (special abilities) and general skills and knowledge. After all, Tokuan was able to copy Yagyuu's special move and that was just kenjutsu and not anything mystical or magical like ki-based attacks.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I think Mits is in a wheelchair ever since he came back from "killing" Souhaku, he was already at his limit when he performed the double Forged Needle Attack, then he went on to kill Souhaku and punch Nagi. The whole ordeal most have lasted at least 10 minutes from the moment he entered the place to the moment he left, more time then he should be able to move his body(running and dodging uses Ki), he even says to coma Maya that he'll join her soon when he finds her. When he visited Maya he probaebly used the last streinghts he had...
Agreed. Remember that Mitsuomi fighting at Souhaku's lair and Shyoujyou visiting AYa at the dojo occured simultaneously (almost). Wonder what happened to Ishiyumi and Shizuru, though.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Asunder wrote:I wonder what happened between Nagi and Aya. Seriously, it's like talking panel, close up of Aya's sad face, talking panel, sad face...
Something about Nagi saying that he'll settle everything in the Tournament, I think. Aya realizes that he's thinking about his mom and Maya and about protecting them, which then in turn makes her think about what she has to do with regard to Nagi, Maya and the mess they're in thanks to Souhaku.

I still find Mitsuomi's tactic so un-Mitsuomi, if you know what I mean. It's kind of like cheating, and it sorts of puts a dent in his reputation. So much for "Don't underestimate warriors..." But then again, this is Souhaku he's dealing with.
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:btw.. no chapter next month? think its gona skip for volume release
do you know when vol.16 will be released? did it happen to say in the ultra jump release?
kujoe wrote:I still find Mitsuomi's tactic so un-Mitsuomi, if you know what I mean. It's kind of like cheating, and it sorts of puts a dent in his reputation. So much for "Don't underestimate warriors..." But then again, this is Souhaku he's dealing with.
you also have to understand his position. his 3 minute time limit is a huge handicap and this tournaments 'players are definitely not like the 105th.

i wonder if mitsuomi knows about sohaku as well as aya, that's why he's doing the body double, or if he had had this planned before. either way, i think it was a smart move. i believe he'll still fight, he won't punk out and use shyoujou the whole time.
tkstka
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by tkstka »

kujoe wrote:
Asunder wrote:I wonder what happened between Nagi and Aya. Seriously, it's like talking panel, close up of Aya's sad face, talking panel, sad face...
I still find Mitsuomi's tactic so un-Mitsuomi, if you know what I mean. It's kind of like cheating, and it sorts of puts a dent in his reputation. So much for "Don't underestimate warriors..." But then again, this is Souhaku he's dealing with.
I wonder why did he have tose earrings on, He took them off before he fighted shin.. I never noticed that he had them on the whole time after that.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

mana gave them to him no?, he probley kept them on cause she died with shin.
puppetmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by puppetmaster »

Question: Though I don't know if its been asked before.

Nagi has this Eyepatch now because Souhaku pulled out his eye for an reason I don't understand. That's not my question but, Is Souhaku in Nagis brain now? Has he transferred his Soul or something? Waiting to come out, erase Nagis personality ans something like that?

Now what I actually wanna know is, Shin had this eyepatch too, did the same thing happen to him? Did Souhaku pull out his eye too? Did Souhaku trie to find the true warrior in Shin and failed? Maybe I#ve overread something, but I guess someone here knows it...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

puppetmaster wrote:Question: Though I don't know if its been asked before.

Nagi has this Eyepatch now because Souhaku pulled out his eye for an reason I don't understand. That's not my question but, Is Souhaku in Nagis brain now? Has he transferred his Soul or something? Waiting to come out, erase Nagis personality ans something like that?

Now what I actually wanna know is, Shin had this eyepatch too, did the same thing happen to him? Did Souhaku pull out his eye too? Did Souhaku trie to find the true warrior in Shin and failed? Maybe I#ve overread something, but I guess someone here knows it...
No Shin had an eyepatch because Bunshichi beat the crap out of him and damaged his eye (he eventually took it off when ut healed) Inue plucked Nagi's eye and inserted Souhaku's eye which is how he transfers his soul or essence(whatever) into another body like he did in the past when he had it put into a dog and then Shoujyou's body. He is in Nagi but we don't know why he hasn't taken over yet, we're assuming he's just waiting for the election tournament. It seems only Aya knows (though possibly Shoujyou, Kabane and the Takayanagis too) Souhaku is in there but she's keeping her mouth shut so Souhaku won't hurt Nagi or her sister.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea seems like maybe the takayanagi, kabane and shoujyou know something is fishy. i mean they (shoujyou and kabane) were there when aya was going through the whole history arc so they have to at least suspect that something ain't right.... but who knows!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Not a bad chapter.

I was really disappointed to see Sagara blown away so quickly though. I really liked his character. Maybe he'll recover though; we've seen others recover from worse before. It's a shame that Oh! Great started out with such a nice emphasis on his character, and then he gradually descended into comic relief.

The translation (text only, as always) is up in the usual place. Hope you enjoy it. ser4, I'm the only fish doing any translation on this site, or really the only fish doing much of anything outside of posting, so you've got to give me more than a few hours to translate something. It gave me a laugh though. heh.
ser4
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ser4 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Not a bad chapter.

I was really disappointed to see Sagara blown away so quickly though. I really liked his character. Maybe he'll recover though; we've seen others recover from worse before. It's a shame that Oh! Great started out with such a nice emphasis on his character, and then he gradually descended into comic relief.

The translation (text only, as always) is up in the usual place. Hope you enjoy it. ser4, I'm the only fish doing any translation on this site, or really the only fish doing much of anything outside of posting, so you've got to give me more than a few hours to translate something. It gave me a laugh though. heh.
sry man i ment no disrespect :D i realy apreciate your work :D i'm prety new to this forum and i don't know when the translation is coming out so again sorry :D
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Not a bad chapter.

Fugu Sagara aint dead, he just saw what would have happened if Nagi hit him.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote: Fugu Sagara aint dead, he just saw what would have happened if Nagi hit him.
What makes you say that? From where I am standing, it looks like Sagara's back got blown out, then Sagara's mask mysteriously is shredded. On the second to last page I don't see any blood and guts coming out of Sagara's back, so you may be right, but I don't understand why or how Nagi would have the ability to make Sagara see "the future".

I think it is equally likely that Nagi did a forged needle attack on Sagara's gut.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

I think it was Aya seeing what would happen. or Aya showing him what would happen. (assuming she followed him)

I was wondering the same thing tho, I do not see how nagi could have done that. Unless Souhaku had the dragon eyes power and it is now in nagis newly aquired eye... but thats "ify"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I think any of the Jyuukenbu could pop out a forged-needle attack that could devastate someone unprepared for it in that manner.

I guess we'll have to wait until the next issue to see. Or maybe we won't be seeing any more of Sagara, since he's been taken off the Enforcement Group's roster anyway.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
kk1 wrote: Fugu Sagara aint dead, he just saw what would have happened if Nagi hit him.
What makes you say that? From where I am standing, it looks like Sagara's back got blown out, then Sagara's mask mysteriously is shredded. On the second to last page I don't see any blood and guts coming out of Sagara's back, so you may be right, but I don't understand why or how Nagi would have the ability to make Sagara see "the future".

I think it is equally likely that Nagi did a forged needle attack on Sagara's gut.
If you look at the "guts" picture you'll notice it's a hole all the way through not just his back, and since theres no damage when we see the front, and he's still speaking, that he is fine (Nagi's not a killer anyway). And look at the picture of his foot on the pavement, that's how much ki Nagi released just by taking a step and that's what Sagara felt and what burned off his mask. I think Oh! Great was trying to show that the ki in Nagi was so poerful everyone felt it and "saw"(by way of feeling the ki) what would have happened if he had used it. That's why Sagara asks if he's human. Also what Nagi calls him "schu" or whatever and they were playing Terminator music, isn't that the nickname the Japanese have for Arnold Schwarzenagger?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

sagara isn't dead in my opinion either. he just had a large reality check as to where he stands in comparrison. like kk1 was saying, sagara could feel his power in that one instant. he wasn't 'seeing his future' instead feeling nagi's power.

haha, but who knows, maybe nov. we'll see sagara's grave :)~
Seraphyn
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Seraphyn »

Not a bad chapter.

Hi everyone,
I'm new so...Someone can maybe tell me where i can find this translation cause i didn't find it on the website ^_^
(Thank you very much for your work Fugu)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote:Also what Nagi calls him "schu" or whatever and they were playing Terminator music, isn't that the nickname the Japanese have for Arnold Schwarzenagger?
I don't know. That sounds reasonable though.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Seraphyn wrote:Someone can maybe tell me where i can find this translation cause i didn't find it on the website ^_^
Huh, what do you know, it isn't linked. Try http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_16_Trans.html
Seraphyn
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Seraphyn »

Oh ok...Thank you very much Fugu.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:If you look at the "guts" picture you'll notice it's a hole all the way through not just his back, and since theres no damage when we see the front, and he's still speaking, that he is fine (Nagi's not a killer anyway).
How's that the proof?

The whole point of the Forged Needle is that it strikes at a distance, without harming the first object it hits.

Re-read Volume 2, Chapter 7, where Maya describes reverse striking.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:
kk1 wrote:If you look at the "guts" picture you'll notice it's a hole all the way through not just his back, and since theres no damage when we see the front, and he's still speaking, that he is fine (Nagi's not a killer anyway).
How's that the proof?

The whole point of the Forged Needle is that it strikes at a distance, without harming the first object it hits.

Re-read Volume 2, Chapter 7, where Maya describes reverse striking.
Um there is a hole completely through him in one picture and there isn't in the other, and you can't speak without lungs which are splattered on the ground, why is this so difficult for everyone to comprehend? Nagi is not a bad guy he isn't going to kill anyone, remeber he couldn't even hit his dad?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

kk1 wrote:Um there is a hole completely through him in one picture and there isn't in the other,
You must be mistaken. I don't see any "hole completely through".
and you can't speak without lungs which are splattered on the ground, why is this so difficult for everyone to comprehend?
Neither do I see any lungs on the ground. Just guts.
Nagi is not a bad guy he isn't going to kill anyone
That's hardly a fact.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I honestly can't figure out what you guys are arguing about this time. Are you guys talking about what move Nagi was about to use against Sagara?

I think the point of that scene is Sagara's realization that he has been surpassed in terms of fighting ability, which is quite saddening in my opinion. He probably predicted or "felt" the result on his own through gut instinct and experience—somewhat along the lines of the way martial artists claim to be able to predict the outcome of a fight. (Well, at least in fiction anyway. I'm not really an expert in this area.)

With all that rematch talk between Nagi and Sagara in the bowling alley arc, I was actually hoping to see a real one in the near future. There are just too many red feathers and martial artists pulling off fancy moves at this point that I actually wanted to see at least one big guy use simple, brute force once again in the manga.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, not really. We are trying to decide whether Sagara was actually hit, or it just was in his mind.

I'd say it was pretty ambiguous, with no obvious way to tell the actual truth. I see no evidence to suggest that Nagi is capable of Dragon Eye-like illusions, which would certainly be necessary for this kind of thing.

From what they've shown us, I'd say Sagara was hit for real. Until we see more of him, I see no reason to think otherwise (other than for pure speculation, of course).