ancient arc question

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

shinryu
Yuurei
Yuurei

ancient arc question

Post by shinryu »

in the ancient arc kabane myouun used some type of blade to kill people what power does he have and what exactly are the powers of the kabane family and another question what exactly are the powers of sohaku and the kago family
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Nobody knows as yet.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote:Nobody knows as yet.
Nobody knows? I thought Kabane had those blades, he used them a ton of times. I don't understand why so many say his power is unknown, the only thing unknown is the name of them.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Control of the pole-arm, by making one seem like many (which, by the way, doesn't that sound a lot like Tsumuji Mataza Yorihira's power? See http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html) does not seem like the Kabane family power to me. The name clearly indicates that they have something to do with the dead. Oh! Great even said as much in the Ultra Jump Special on Tenjo Tenge.

As for Kago Souhaku, it looks like his power is to transfer his consciousness from one body to another via his eyeball, and to prevent things from dying (shouldn't this be Kabane's power?)

I also think that in the Ancient Arc, the family powers are not quite as well delineated as they are in the "present" time. They did talk about how specialization occurred, but maybe that continued even after the ancient arc.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Control of the pole-arm, by making one seem like many (which, by the way, doesn't that sound a lot like Tsumuji Mataza Yorihira's power? See http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/charac ... cters.html) does not seem like the Kabane family power to me. The name clearly indicates that they have something to do with the dead. Oh! Great even said as much in the Ultra Jump Special on Tenjo Tenge.

As for Kago Souhaku, it looks like his power is to transfer his consciousness from one body to another via his eyeball, and to prevent things from dying (shouldn't this be Kabane's power?)

I also think that in the Ancient Arc, the family powers are not quite as well delineated as they are in the "present" time. They did talk about how specialization occurred, but maybe that continued even after the ancient arc.
Control of the pole arm? Tsumuji Mataza was from a branch of the Kabane family and his red feather powwer was the dragon claws a slicing ability almost identical to the ancient arc Kabane's blades. Souhaku's power is the ability to keep ki flowing and thus prevent death including in himself.
shinryu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinryu »

does souhaku have similar ablities to a omnyoji like shikigamis cause ive seen likle spirits around him in book 12 i believe
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shinryu wrote:does souhaku have similar ablities to a omnyoji like shikigamis cause ive seen likle spirits around him in book 12 i believe
That was my guess as to how he controlled Madoka and Fu.
shinryu
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shinryu »

when does chapter 100 come out and will the series end soon
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

shinryu wrote:when does chapter 100 come out and will the series end soon
On the 19th in Japan, and nobody knows.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

19th of December, that is.

I believe Oh! Great is skipping a month as usual, since 6 chapters have been out, a new volume is in the works and he is taking a month-long break.

At least, he always did that in spring and fall.