Fight 102

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:
Off topic but have you read all the current translated air gear or you read the raws also, kk1? And who are your favorite characters?
I'm up to volume 11, so far Ringo I guess. I don't know there's so many characters and they don't really stand out like in Tenten they're all pretty fun. I'm just enjoying all the mythology refernces it seems like OG just got a world mythology book and is just having fun seeing how he can turn all the gods, goddesses and monsters into Japanese school kids who rollerdlade lol. How's the anime? Did they drop the ball transferring it over as bad as they did in Tenten it would seem to be much better suited to be adapted as an anime. And except for Simca not as much boobage(gah and what's with OG chopping the long hair off all his characters grrr :evil: )
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

chapter by chapter i can see why people would complain, but when you have the manga in front of you and are reading it, it's just wonderful.....

even though this is the last arc, i feel how OG is introducing new characters and stretching things out we'll have at least(bare minimum) 2-3 more years. *prays*

whatever OG does to extend TT, i'm grateful. i'm sure things like inue and what happened after the eye swap will come up, but in due time. but for now, let's see this box cutting bitch slice up some more people :D

edit- i keep up with air gear as well. i'm on ch 144, past book 16. just like the ten ten anime they cut it off before it got good. i think at book 8 or 9? it's still a fun read though. it really reminds me of jet grind radio, which was such a fun game.
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

iijyanaika wrote:edit- i keep up with air gear as well. i'm on ch 144, past book 16. just like the ten ten anime they cut it off before it got good. i think at book 8 or 9? it's still a fun read though. it really reminds me of jet grind radio, which was such a fun game.
The Air Gear anime finishes towards the end of volume 12. Although the ending it slightly different compared to that part of the manga they didn't come up with a completely retarded ending like with Tenjo. It ends at the end of the Kyoto/Tridant story arc.

The anime wasn't that great at the begining but it did improve. Much like the manga itself. They skipped, changed or compressed most of the first few novels into the first few episodes so things could get moving quicker. The animation could be dodgey in parts but overall it was far better quality then Tenjo. There was actual animation and not just still frames being moved around the screen.

Back on topic for Tenjo. I remember around volume 9/10 when Nagi and Aya went to Kyushuu and how soo many people hated it and thought what the hell was Oh Great thinking. Why was he bringing in so many new characters while others need to be developed? What about the tournament? What is the point of this? Etc, etc. A few chapters down the line everything fell into place and people stopped complaining about it and started enjoying the story again. I also remember a lot of people blaming Air Gear because that was around the time he started it.

This new arc is still just begining so be patient and once everything falls into place maybe you people will stop your complaining and go back to enjoying the series.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Shaggy McDaddy wrote:
Back on topic for Tenjo. I remember around volume 9/10 when Nagi and Aya went to Kyushuu and how soo many people hated it and thought what the hell was Oh Great thinking. Why was he bringing in so many new characters while others need to be developed? What about the tournament? What is the point of this? Etc, etc. A few chapters down the line everything fell into place and people stopped complaining about it and started enjoying the story again. I also remember a lot of people blaming Air Gear because that was around the time he started it.

This new arc is still just begining so be patient and once everything falls into place maybe you people will stop your complaining and go back to enjoying the series.
Oh I know things will fall into place but even in that story he had different things going on at the same time. I guess that's my biggest complaint, that there's nothing else going on in a secondary story like usual. Just these one note dittys from start to finish.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Air Gear anime ended with Yoshi's Devil's 33 challenge. They made this huge deal out of it and made it dramatic and stuff. Yeah, imo, it was way better than TenTen anime but was still not great. Cut it off right when Kururu was about to be introduced. Evilness! Music reminds me a bit of Jet Grind Radio. :D

Yeah I'm expecting Tenten's final arc to last 2-3 volumes so a good 2-3 years. I agree with KK1. Only Nokimi's parts is the only opposing force atm. Hopefully, we will see the enfrocement group step in soon to add more conflict.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I completed my 102 translation. I really enjoyed this chapter, although the fight was a bit of a let-down. Still, I enjoy the characters that Oh! Great is working with now. I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter, which hasn't happened in a long time.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Thanks fugu
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:Air Gear anime ended with Yoshi's Devil's 33 challenge. They made this huge deal out of it and made it dramatic and stuff. Yeah, imo, it was way better than TenTen anime but was still not great. Cut it off right when Kururu was about to be introduced. Evilness! Music reminds me a bit of Jet Grind Radio. :D

Ahh right when it got good...again :cry: oh well maybe some worthwhile Ovas will be made I think they should make one a year for tenten. A Maya vs Tets OVA would be awesome.

thanks for the translation Fugu.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

If the Tenten OVA followed where the anime left off, going by the manga (key phrase), it would of been excellent. When I first heard the OVA's were coming out, I was excited, then they gave this bullcrap. Really disappointing..... Would of loved to see the ancient history arc. Nagi Ichiyou was so awesome... I'd assume frost-bite chick was probably the chick he married or was the mother of the successor to the nagi family. I kinda enjoyed learning about how Tets received Makiko's eye and the history on Tets family.

Man, it kinda sucks to see that both makiko and her son received the same treatment of getting their eyes plucked out by souhaku..... Damn, I hate Souhaku. At first I didn't like Mits but he's turned into a somewhat ok character after souhaku and inue came into the picture. Souhaku is such a pedafile but what I wonder is, how could makiko fall for that guy.....

Yeah, air gear, right when it got good again. *sigh* would of loved to see Gabishi's and Om's parts.... One thing I thought air gear anime did well on was the soundtrack. If you are familiar with Jet Set Radio or Jet Grind Radio, you may enjoy it too.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:If the Tenten OVA followed where the anime left off, going by the manga (key phrase), it would of been excellent. When I first heard the OVA's were coming out, I was excited, then they gave this bullcrap. Really disappointing..... Would of loved to see the ancient history arc. Nagi Ichiyou was so awesome... I'd assume frost-bite chick was probably the chick he married or was the mother of the successor to the nagi family. I kinda enjoyed learning about how Tets received Makiko's eye and the history on Tets family.

Man, it kinda sucks to see that both makiko and her son received the same treatment of getting their eyes plucked out by souhaku..... Damn, I hate Souhaku. At first I didn't like Mits but he's turned into a somewhat ok character after souhaku and inue came into the picture. Souhaku is such a pedafile but what I wonder is, how could makiko fall for that guy.....

Yeah, air gear, right when it got good again. *sigh* would of loved to see Gabishi's and Om's parts.... One thing I thought air gear anime did well on was the soundtrack. If you are familiar with Jet Set Radio or Jet Grind Radio, you may enjoy it too.
I'll dl the anime soon it shouldn't be too bad.
You know I was thinking about why OG didn't show what happened in the cave, and we know Inue is still alive but anyone else think Souhaku may have "tested" his new body out and revived Tetsuhito before he left? I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Inue return for some revenge ass whoopin during the tournament. :twisted:
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think he already tested out his new body, Maya should be dead, but she's not. What a better way to blackmail Aya than to be just barely keeping Maya alive and threatening to destroy Souichirou, thus ending any chance Maya had left. Someone had to have saved Maya and I don't think it was Mits as he walked away from her, leaving what would be the probable candidate, Souhaku. He's had centuries to plan out everything, when this all ends I'm hoping for the mother of all battles, Souhaku/Souichirou vs. everyone else. Inue's not much of a fighter type, so I can't really see her being involved in anything other than a support role.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:I think he already tested out his new body, Maya should be dead, but she's not. What a better way to blackmail Aya than to be just barely keeping Maya alive and threatening to destroy Souichirou, thus ending any chance Maya had left. Someone had to have saved Maya and I don't think it was Mits as he walked away from her, leaving what would be the probable candidate, Souhaku. He's had centuries to plan out everything, when this all ends I'm hoping for the mother of all battles, Souhaku/Souichirou vs. everyone else. Inue's not much of a fighter type, so I can't really see her being involved in anything other than a support role.
I don't think he had anything to do with Maya, once she fell into his arms I don't think Mits let her go he's the one that probably took her to the hospital. I mean he was crying like a baby after showing no emotion since the past arc.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yeah I don't see mits just abandoning her. He's still in love with her. He isn't gonna leave her in souhaku's lair. BUt didn't tetsuhito's eye which he got from makiko look like it caved in? I'm not sure but I think thats what happened. If so, tets is worthless to souhaku because I would assume that eye had an effect where after storing all that power, once tets was defeated, the eye gave out finally and did a type of blackhole effect or something something
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:yeah I don't see mits just abandoning her. He's still in love with her. He isn't gonna leave her in souhaku's lair. BUt didn't tetsuhito's eye which he got from makiko look like it caved in? I'm not sure but I think thats what happened. If so, tets is worthless to souhaku because I would assume that eye had an effect where after storing all that power, once tets was defeated, the eye gave out finally and did a type of blackhole effect or something something
Well as we saw from the past arc tetsuhito was useful even without the powers he got from Makiko's eye, which you're right is gone.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:I completed my 102 translation. I really enjoyed this chapter, although the fight was a bit of a let-down. Still, I enjoy the characters that Oh! Great is working with now. I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter, which hasn't happened in a long time.
So wait Nokimi says there are 3 red feathers in the Jyuukenbuu(how does she know anyway?)? And the next chapter blurb says Asshat has a hidden power...please Oh Great don't make Asshat a red feather, I like him and everything but that would be really lame. :cry:
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

that would make it way too obvious~ i think it's just going to be something sexual with sugano.

as far as the third.....remember the hadouken we saw in fight 100? hahaha
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yeah basically I think she was referring to Masataka. But hmmmm... red feather? was what nokimi referring to just people with unusual powers or red feathers(including branch families)? That is kind of throwing me off. Always thought the takayanagi's were just insanely powerful because they have kept their bloodline "clean", not because they have "unusual abilities" So we've seen every 12 founding family successors (minus souhaku since technically, there is no successor since he's freaking "immortal") except White Feather Wani right?

And er.... what kind of toilet is Bunschichi taking a dump in? Seems reversed.....

Yeah but I don't think that he is gonna waste time to raise tets. He already has a container body that can do what tets could do and maybe more.

As for OG chopping off simca's hair, maybe he likes short haired chicks? LOL
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

tawara is at a squat toilet if i'm not wrong. if you've ever lived/been in an asian country, you know of these glorious toilets. especially some of the more.........back water countries, they become even more glorious :D
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

been to several asian countries and well, never seen that before. hehe
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

you've never seen a squat toilet, and you've been to asian countries. i must conclude, you are not asian then~

i'm loving the interpretation of -the god of death- in a praying mantis form. lovely picture. and hopefully next chapter we see the others take out the rest of the jyujutsu club
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

HappyStealer wrote: As for OG chopping off simca's hair, maybe he likes short haired chicks? LOL
Much easier to draw. He's complained about how drawing Maya and Aya's hair is too difficult sometimes. That's also why Bob is not sporting dreads anymore.

I've just gone back and read volumes 1 and 2, and I have to say that I really liked the art style (especially the female faces) much better in the early volumes. Masataka looks a bit cooler now though.
narukura
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by narukura »

Hi I am newbie and greetings everyone I want to know If anyone would be kind and post the direct link to the translation of the chapter 102 and If there is a link to access the translation of these past chapters because I don't know where fugu usually post them. Thanks for your time and good work fugu keep it up.
narukura
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by narukura »

I downloaded the file and it says It does not appear to be a valid archive. Can anyone upload it again maybe to sendspace. Thanks you
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

narukura wrote:Hi I am newbie and greetings everyone I want to know If anyone would be kind and post the direct link to the translation of the chapter 102 and If there is a link to access the translation of these past chapters because I don't know where fugu usually post them. Thanks for your time and good work fugu keep it up.
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_17_Trans.html

Fugu since there's someone asking for this every month maybe you should put a sticky post with the link up.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
HappyStealer wrote: As for OG chopping off simca's hair, maybe he likes short haired chicks? LOL
Much easier to draw. He's complained about how drawing Maya and Aya's hair is too difficult sometimes. That's also why Bob is not sporting dreads anymore.

I've just gone back and read volumes 1 and 2, and I have to say that I really liked the art style (especially the female faces) much better in the early volumes. Masataka looks a bit cooler now though.
Yeah I know why, it's just such a tease. At least he keeps Aya's long, though I would think characterts like Kururu would be harder to draw.
I liked the early faces but as the rest of the art got more detailed they would kind of look out of place, a little too simple. My only complaint now is that all of OG's women could be identical twins if they had the same haircut.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

HappyStealer wrote:been to several asian countries and well, never seen that before. hehe
That's the only reason I went to McDonalds while in Japan, always had western toilets :wink:
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Technically, you could count Souhaku in Souichirou's body and that would be three red feathers right there. Seems a bit of a stretch though, Asshat seemed to have figured something out with that girl following someone's directions. Question is whose, dougen, souhaku, mits or someone else entirely?

The Jyujyutsu club must be pretty damn clueless to not notice their president is a walking zombie.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

EliteF22 wrote: The Jyujyutsu club must be pretty damn clueless to not notice their president is a walking zombie.
I don't think they've seen her: she was called out by Mayutsubo before the match that let the club break into the 3rd round, zombified, then shortly thereafter Asshat bumps into them. So they haven't seen their captain yet.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

kk1 wrote:
narukura wrote:Hi I am newbie and greetings everyone I want to know If anyone would be kind and post the direct link to the translation of the chapter 102 and If there is a link to access the translation of these past chapters because I don't know where fugu usually post them. Thanks for your time and good work fugu keep it up.
http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_17_Trans.html

Fugu since there's someone asking for this every month maybe you should put a sticky post with the link up.
If people check the TJTG website, it is clearly marked on the "downloads" page. If people come here directly from a google search or something, they should do a little work on their own. E.g., read the forums, ask a question, or go check out tjtg.mangatranslation.com.

Anyway, it is rare to get a post from a non-regular around here, so that is kind of nice to see.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Pages 21-22, isn't that her at the far right of the line?
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

koumikawa at the left end of the line, yeah that's her. that's why i'm looking forward to next chapter. we get to see how the rest handle the other jyujutsu, and zombie lady <:o
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

EliteF22 wrote:Technically, you could count Souhaku in Souichirou's body and that would be three red feathers right there. Seems a bit of a stretch though, Asshat seemed to have figured something out with that girl following someone's directions. Question is whose, dougen, souhaku, mits or someone else entirely?

The Jyujyutsu club must be pretty damn clueless to not notice their president is a walking zombie.
nonetheless, its a possibility that the third is souhaku that she is referring to.

As for the toilet squat, I may have missed it while in asian countries. Who knows? I just know I've been to several and I can't recall a toilet looking like that....

Kururu's hair seems difficult because of all that stuff that goes on. And your right, OG's women can look identical. I.E. I think Makiko looked a lot like maya when Souhaku jocked Souichiro as she was crying.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

EliteF22 wrote:Pages 21-22, isn't that her at the far right of the line?
Good catch didn't notice that. Good we'll get to see what this chick is up to.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

So, I wonder about Madoka. Is she part of the team now or is she just hanging out with them?

It's strange that Masa and co. have been hunting for Asshat if they can enlist Madoka to be their 5th team member. Unless you've got to be enrolled in Todou to participate...

BTW, imagine Kurei against that huge jyujyutsu guy. 8)
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Alien vs. King Kong ><
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

MrProphet wrote:So, I wonder about Madoka. Is she part of the team now or is she just hanging out with them?

It's strange that Masa and co. have been hunting for Asshat if they can enlist Madoka to be their 5th team member. Unless you've got to be enrolled in Todou to participate...

BTW, imagine Kurei against that huge jyujyutsu guy. 8)
Yeah Madoka doesn't go to their school, she's not old enough. :wink:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

oh yeah, she was in middle school.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

What about Kurei? He's not from Todou and he is... well, he's an alien, so his age is irrelevant.

How come Kurei is allowed to kick ass, while Madoka gets to sit back?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote:What about Kurei? He's not from Todou and he is... well, he's an alien, so his age is irrelevant.

How come Kurei is allowed to kick ass, while Madoka gets to sit back?
As far as I know Kurei is enrolled in Toudou, and is not really an alien.
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Although the girl would've rather liked it for it to be Masataka for a sort of character twist, She probably is referring to Souhaku. I just want to see Bob actually begin and end a fight by himself. It looked like he could've gone first against the Jyujutsu Club, but Asshat intervened.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

If you have to be enroled in the school, does that mean Kabane is not going to fight, and if not who's taking Tagami's place in the Enforcer's team? Shyoujyou replaces Mits in the team so she can't be the one to take his place.

In page 25, when Sugano's opponent talks in the past tense about Asshat's bodyguards, does that means something happened to them, or was he just recalling how they were called?

Nokomi's "leeches" seem to be a weaker version of Souhaku's spheres(you know the ones he gave to Madoka and had inserted in Fu Chien's eye), they provide control and a boost of power(as seen by Gushiken's body transformation and zombie Koumikawa)

PS. Anyone else dying to know what happened to Shizuru, Ishiyumi and Inue? I know I am...
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Ricco wrote:If you have to be enroled in the school
I'm not really sure that you do have to be enrolled in the school, although I assume that you would have to be. But I don't think it has been clearly explained anywhere.
Ricco wrote: In page 25, when Sugano's opponent talks in the past tense about Asshat's bodyguards, does that means something happened to them, or was he just recalling how they were called?
Just trying to remember what they were called.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Thank god! I'm getting tired of Oh Great! getting chicks raped/dismembered/hospitalised/killed.

I keep expecting "for the hero to save the damsel in distress", not that Oh Great! has ever done that...
Simca gets put in wheel chair, Chiaki/Inma gets raped, Makiko get her arms chopped off, Maya is in a comma, Shizuru gets her faced kicked in and a bunch of other girls get killed.

Past Aya's death is particulary cruel.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:Thank god! I'm getting tired of Oh Great! getting chicks raped/dismembered/hospitalised/killed.

I keep expecting "for the hero to save the damsel in distress", not that Oh Great! has ever done that...
Simca gets put in wheel chair, Chiaki/Inma gets raped, Makiko get her arms chopped off, Maya is in a comma, Shizuru gets her faced kicked in and a bunch of other girls get killed.

Past Aya's death is particulary cruel.
Don't forget what he did to the Enmi women. Jeez I never thought about it, I hope this doesn't bode ill for Aya she's come through pretty unscathed.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Ricco wrote:If you have to be enroled in the school
I'm not really sure that you do have to be enrolled in the school, although I assume that you would have to be. But I don't think it has been clearly explained anywhere.
Pretty sure since it's a school tournement, there hasn't been a non student fight it in yet. And Kurei is the same age as Maya and Asshat, notice Masatka always calls him sempai.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yeah, there is little, if any, hero to save the damsel in distress. Well souichirou kinda saved shidzuru when she was hitting her face. Seeing Makiko get her armed chopped off, that was sad. Sagano's opponent was just teasing Sagano and trying to say that once he beats Asshat down, it'll open the girls eyes that he is a loser or something something.

But I don't know, in Air Gear it kinda goes for both genders. I.E. Sora getting his legs messed up by Kilik and Rika-nee not making it in time. Hmm, translated new air gear chapters up. Crazy Apple... mmmmmm
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

If anyone had told me that I'd be linking this one day I'd have said they were dropped on their heads as infants, but here it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet

Does no one think that Nokimi is Souhaku's agent in the school?

Author: fugu Language: English: Small tits are the best yo
Isn't this akin to blasphemy in TT? :P

And speaking as one with first hand mat-burn experience: They hurt like a bitch. For days.
"Swallow your food whole, fool! Do you not know that mastication makes you go blind?"
Kyu1982
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Kyu1982 »

HappyStealer wrote:
But I don't know, in Air Gear it kinda goes for both genders. I.E. Sora getting his legs messed up by Kilik and Rika-nee not making it in time. Hmm, translated new air gear chapters up. Crazy Apple... mmmmmm
Well, it is bit spoiler, but you should know it.
It was not Rika who did not make it in time. She was the first one to be hunted down by Kilik. You will see when you get to 156.

Anyway, unlike others I really want some good perverted pic of OG.
God, we did not have much story progression. At least OG should entertain us with good pics.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Kyu1982 wrote:
Anyway, unlike others I really want some good perverted pic of OG.
Really? Of Oh! Great ? That's pretty sick dude. :wink:
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Agent_Wax wrote:
Does no one think that Nokimi is Souhaku's agent in the school?

Author: fugu Language: English: Small tits are the best yo
Isn't this akin to blasphemy in TT? :P
I'm sure Madoka would agree :wink:

Hmmm Nokimi another underling of Souhaku, interesting, it does seem Mitsuomi-tachi know about her and are watching her...and she does seem to be doing one of Souhaku's favorite tricks, mentally controlling other people.