Request for Chapter Summaries

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Request for Chapter Summaries

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hi all. I've just added the ability to track chapter summaries in GMAO. So if people would be willing to come up with summaries for each chapter, I'll add them to the master translation files that I keep. Then I can put up a page on the tjtg.mangatranslation.com website with summaries on a per-volume basis or sometihng.

I'll be adding new summaries to new chapters that I translate, but you guys honestly know this stuff better than I do. If there isn't interest, that's fine too, but just in case some people out there would like to help, here you go.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Here's what I propose.

There are 14 volumes. Approximately 6-7 chapters to each volume. How about each of us announce here which chapter we are going to summarize, so as not to do double work.

I will do summaries for chapter 1-6 (volume 1). The rest of you, who want to help out, can announce which ones you want to do. This way we can cover all the chapters pretty quickly.

The only thing I need to know is how long you want it, Fugu? A paragraph? Two? Longer?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Set the guidlines and I'll do some. What do you want? what characters appeared, where it takes place, and like Mr P said length. Maybe you could do the first one Fugu so we have something to base ours on.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

MrProphet wrote: The only thing I need to know is how long you want it, Fugu? A paragraph? Two? Longer?
I think a paragraph or two. I was looking mainly for general plot points so people who keep getting confused on what has happened can go back and look at summaries to get the basic story down.
kk1 wrote: Set the guidlines and I'll do some. What do you want? what characters appeared, where it takes place, and like Mr P said length. Maybe you could do the first one Fugu so we have something to base ours on.
I don't think we need what characters appear because I can easily generate that automatically if it turns out to be interesting.
I would probably have to go back to the first volume to read it to get an idea of what did happen...! I'm also trying to translate Vulgar Ghost Daydream volume 7, so I'll pass on doing past summaries myself. But I think anything that people come up with would be great, and we can run a few versions here too.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Rise from the dead...

Post by FuguTabetai »

This thread never seemed to go anywhere, but I've just popped out some simple perl and XSLT code to actually generate the chapter summary page that I was promising.

Here are the current chapter summaries for Tenjo Tenge.

There are only summaries for the last two chapters (100 and 101.) Does anyone want to contribute additional summaries?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Updated Chapter Summaries page with summaries from Volume 1.

I really enjoyed going back and reading my "scanlation" in English - I'm impressed with the quality that I put out then - the scans are better than the current Ultra Jump stuff (since I was scanning from tanks myself) and the editing is pretty good for the early state of GMAO. The translations are better than I remembered too (although I'm just reading the English, not comparing to the Japanese.)

Since I enjoyed it so much, volume 2 is up next.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've updated chapter summaries with summaries from Volumes 2 and 3. Man, I really like this early Tenjo Tenge. The character development just seems so much better on both sides.

Also, I noticed that I am missing my volume 3 chapter 19 translations. Do those exist anywhere? Did I never translation chapter 19?
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I wouldn't mind helping with summaries.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

HappyStealer wrote:I wouldn't mind helping with summaries.
Feel free to write some and post them here. I've enjoyed reading the old stuff, so I'll keep going, but as we get closer to the newer chapters I'll probably have less interest since I just translated them. Also, the story gets pretty complex the longer things go on.

Also, if you have any suggestions on any of the summaries that I've made please post here.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

good thing is its one chapter at a time so the summaries won't get too in depth into the story.

If anyone hasn't started on the ancient arc, I would like to tackle that since its probably one of my favs.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I've updated the Tenjo Tenge Chapter Summaries with summaries through volume 5. Like I said before, if anyone wants to submit summaries for any chapters, just post them in this thread. So far it has only been me.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

sorry fugu, I've been trying to get around to the summaries but college has taken over with sponsor projects. Hopefully things will calm down a bit and I will be able to do some summaries.