Chapter 16-20 discussion

Stray Dogs, howling in the night.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Chapter 16-20 discussion

Post by faraway »

banzai! releases!!!
That fight was intense. We get alot of insight and some new characters :)

Spoilers:

so it looks like loki and noki are cyborgs/robots. Haine and naoto were the center of this battle it looks like. We see a bit of what happened to his sister, and get to see him go loco. (he alternate personality i think, you hear it talking in one of the panels about how naoto is hot) I really think those two are going to end up together ^__^ Naoto seems to be getting some direction too. This fuu lady seems to be a good lead to what happened to her family. I still have no idea where badou fits in all of this. they'll probably just drag him along... lol..
Last edited by faraway on Thu May 24, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

disturbing peek into Haine's past - seriously, that two page spread is disturbing - and I think a really nice continuation of the Dogs story. I really like the pacing of the story, and the art is still incredible. Clean, not busy, stylish.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

i second you on that. What i found ultra disturbing is the picture of him holding on to his sister... I don't think i like this fuu lady very much lol...I do love the pacing. Normally shonen stories stretch on forever and ever and ever with the characters repeating the same generic lines over and over and over. This fight was quick (as i imagine most fights are) and the dialogue is snappy lol. *badou's line* Don't worry badou fans, hopefully there'll be more of him soon ;)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't know if the half-body that Haine was holding was his sister. Who that was, other than just another kid in the underground crazy experimentation lab, was never made clear. And he wasn't holding the kid as much as ... killing them to end the pain.

seriously disturbing. I mean, do we ever think about how much pain Haine must go through? He can take a lot of damage, but it doesn't look like it is *fun*.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

FuguTabetai wrote:I don't know if the half-body that Haine was holding was his sister. Who that was, other than just another kid in the underground crazy experimentation lab, was never made clear. And he wasn't holding the kid as much as ... killing them to end the pain.
I think it was Lilly. On the page before there's a smile similar to the one back in the earlier chapters, when Haine was thinking about having killed her. The smile is probably Miwa's way to tying that memory in with this new one, without having to show her face yet.
ClassicTime
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by ClassicTime »

Is Fu sama is another Naoto?I remember that Magato said "that another katana anoter Naoto is holding it in under world" something like that.
I think maybe she Lilly too.And Father at churth much have something connected with Haine Past.
But...WHY HAINE CUT BADOU'S ACTION SCEAN LIKE THAT-*-!!! Don't you think this time Badou is very smart.However with this serious fight Mihai don't have any scean to show up.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

mihai was always the level headed guy that never really gets involved in everything. Poor Badou, his scene was cut short. (he has a really short temper btw XD) Why was the priest in such a hurry near the end? Was kind of wondering that. Giovanni and the twins seem scared of fu, and she calls them kids, so i'm guessing she's higher in strength and rank then them. Anyhow, i love her pinstripes. They fit her so well. But anywhoo, so much flowy artwork in the latest chapters ^_^
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

FuguTabetai wrote:disturbing peek into Haine's past - seriously, that two page spread is disturbing - and I think a really nice continuation of the Dogs story. I really like the pacing of the story, and the art is still incredible. Clean, not busy, stylish.
What 2 page spread are you talking about?
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

The one where Haine is holding what amounts to not much more than a torso with a spine trailing behind.
Jakkaru
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Jakkaru »

FuguTabetai wrote:The one where Haine is holding what amounts to not much more than a torso with a spine trailing behind.
Oh I assumed it was actually 2 pages. :D But yes that was pretty disturbing. Almost as bad as a shot in Tenten when the guy with multiple arms ran a staff through a women's anus and through her mouth.
"My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, O fallen seed, and reveal thy hidden power! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!!"
lifestorm2
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lifestorm2 »

Jakkaru wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote:The one where Haine is holding what amounts to not much more than a torso with a spine trailing behind.
Oh I assumed it was actually 2 pages. :D But yes that was pretty disturbing. Almost as bad as a shot in Tenten when the guy with multiple arms ran a staff through a women's anus and through her mouth.
That IS really disturbing >_>'

Thanks, Fugu-san =D

Hm..a lot more action shots in these chapters, and Noki/Luki..so many expressions xD. I think that while Shirow-san seem to imply that "Fu-sama" is the other naoto, there might be something else there...maybe there's more than one naoto (I mean, more than two)? =o...

Badou, go buy yourself some smokes already.
I-no
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I-no »

I got the same feeling with there being more than 1 naoto, but it's interesting that Fuu said in ch.20 "Who should I hate?" and "Who should I cut?" Maybe it's a change in tone in translation but Fuu seems to be in a slump of emptiness.
Tauchpanzer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tauchpanzer »

I-no wrote:I got the same feeling with there being more than 1 naoto, but it's interesting that Fuu said in ch.20 "Who should I hate?" and "Who should I cut?" Maybe it's a change in tone in translation but Fuu seems to be in a slump of emptiness.
I think Naoto was saying that?
I-no
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I-no »

... i made an error then
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

That was Naoto with the "who should I hate" / "Who should I cut" stuff. Also, Fu-sama is called Miss Freuling by Giovanni.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

Frueling XD i'm never going to get over that name. It reminds me of Grueling for some reason XD I reallly hope Badou is somehow included in their crazy adventures. Everybody needs the cowardly freelancer. But on another note, the robots (?) under Ms. Frueling's (haha) command were fairly creepy. They resembled dogs O_o... i wonder if miwa has a dog... loll....
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Of course, my spelling of Freuling might not be correct, but that is what is sounds like, and that is a kind of German spelling, which is what I went with. Maybe Shirow will eventually spell the name out in roman characters for us.

As for the "robots" - they are the Luki Noki Twins! They aren't "robots", they are kids that have been made into some kind of cyborgs or something, and twisted into child soldiers. Pretty freaky all around. And yet somehow still cute.
faraway
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by faraway »

oh! so they are cyborgs! i was wondering because obviously, their arms are robotic. But that makes more sense, because otherwise, how could Heine choke one of the twins? :P I felt kind of bad for them after Heine got a hold of them.