Fight 109

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 109

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

anyone else feel cheated out of a chapter cover?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/ ... ght109.jpg
Last edited by Sleepy Weasel on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Re: Fight 109

Post by Ricco »

Sleepy Weasel wrote:anyone else feel cheated out of a chapter cover?
I certainly do...
Seems we'll have to wait for 12 more matches before the finale.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

It's not like we don't know which two teams are going to head into the finals......I'll probably graduate college and grad-school, get married, have kids who grow up and still reading new chapters of TenTen before it ends.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

DemonNeedle wrote:It's not like we don't know which two teams are going to head into the finals......I'll probably graduate college and grad-school, get married, have kids who grow up and still reading new chapters of TenTen before it ends.
Which is not very pleasant and nice to me. Geez.. it's already a few years yet the story still progress around the preliminery battles... :?
Signature - Do i need one???
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

Dominant Star wrote:
DemonNeedle wrote:It's not like we don't know which two teams are going to head into the finals......I'll probably graduate college and grad-school, get married, have kids who grow up and still reading new chapters of TenTen before it ends.
Which is not very pleasant and nice to me. Geez.. it's already a few years yet the story still progress around the preliminery battles... :?
that's why i think they should turn tenjou tenge in a weekly manga......

Demon see the bright side you will be able to argue about tenjo tenge with your kidz :D

looool
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

Dgames wrote:
Dominant Star wrote:
that's why i think they should turn tenjou tenge in a weekly manga......

Demon see the bright side you will be able to argue about tenjo tenge with your kidz :D

looool
That won't happen. I doubt Oh Great has time to do Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge on a weekly basis.
Dominant Star
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dominant Star »

which means I can already expect this manga to still continue and revolve around preliminery battle in the next 5 years?? :?
Signature - Do i need one???
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dgames wrote:
Dominant Star wrote: that's why i think they should turn tenjou tenge in a weekly manga......
feh. Once a month is more than enough for me. I have trouble keeping up as it is.

And I am *not* translating all those group names on the cover page.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

FuguTabetai wrote: And I am *not* translating all those group names on the cover page.
lol, don't blame you
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

is souichirou trying to pick a fight with masataka now? and does masataka pick up that souhaku is in souichirou? interesting chapter.

it's going to be fun seeing this rematch
Last edited by iijyanaika on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asunder
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Asunder »

Raws are out. Cute Aya x Souichirou moment, there.

And...that eye looks infected.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Wow, Souichiro and Masataka eating lunch, when will the excitement end :roll: Oh Great is seriously dragging his feet now. And on top of that it looks like we're going to get yet another flashback with Aya...I seriously can't take much more of this, this book is another boring chapter away from losing me...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

bandwidth limit exceeded at http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/ ><
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

Is there any other site that might have this, since the other one has exceeded bandwidth?
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It looks like this chapter sheds a little bit of light on what happened during that missing span of time.
mili
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by mili »

DemonNeedle wrote:Is there any other site that might have this, since the other one has exceeded bandwidth?
Download from http://rsf.mangas-fr.com/
If you have information about bandwidth- you must wait until tomorrow morning and all will be ok ;)

And about new chapter- well well well.
First i'm happy seeing some AyaxNagi moment.But that was definetly too short.
Next- i really don't understand relations MasatakaxNagi...
They want fight each other ? O_o
Why Nagi "attack" Masataka ? He want show his strenght ?
That he's usefull ? O_o
Masataka look a lil bit scary seeing Nagi eye...
And about Maya- how long she will be "healing"...I know that she was half-dead etc. but....ugh....
The new chapter bore me like hell.....i don't want next "fluffys", i want more action, helloooooo we have a tournament, aren't we ?
Gosh ><
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Finally, it seems some info on Reiki is comming our way, specificaly who owned it/found it after Souhaku "died", hopefully more. Plus a bit on what happened to Chizuru and Ishiyumi, at least I hope Madoka develops it beyond an "I used Reiki once to help them".
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

A number of interesting things in this chapter:

Looking at the tournament chart, the 4th round has just completed (it seems). I think the Juuken-bu's next opponent is the "AF doukou-kai" (AF similar tastes society?). Alien comments that due to the insects many "unmarked" (ie considered weak/insignificant) teams have progressed and vice versa.

It's the evening after the previous chapter. Aya in the shower is a bit stressed out from using too much Ki today and wonders about her ability to become stronger. She thanks Souichirou for being there - basically, without her love for him to drive her, she feels she wouldn't have gotten as far as she did.

At the hospital, Madoka finds it creepy that Aya's fake Reiki is an exact copy of the real thing. More interestingly, Aya comments that she wasn't actually trying to replicate Reiki - she was just imagining a normal sword. She becomes very suspicious about Reiki and starts to figure some things out. She asks Madoka about how things were when she used Reiki (including if she cut anyone), and also that Madoka is fine after the battle while the other two are still hospitalised. Aya remembers how Reiki got dropped and feels she is getting close to finding the last piece in the puzzle.

I wonder if that lady who finds Reiki stuck in the group is Senhime? After all, she has the power of neutralisation as does Reiki... Does she have some revenge handed down for Souhaku too?
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Thanks Shouki!

So Shizuru and Ishuyumi are hospitalised, didn't see that comming... at least they're not dead.

Maybe the tournament will proceed quickly if only a bunch of weak teams are still in it.

I'm guessing the girl who found Reiki is an ancestor of the Natsumi's, after all Shinn's and Maya's blond hair must come from somewhere in the gene pool.

Talking about Senhime, did Souhaku reclame her after he resurrected? If not we have a good case for her getting Reiki back to the Natsumis.
Any descendant of Senhime's who has acces to her gate would be the worst enemy for Souhaku, add Reiki to the mix and he'd be dead meat.
Last edited by Ricco on Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swordfish II
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Swordfish II »

kk1 wrote:Wow, Souichiro and Masataka eating lunch, when will the excitement end :roll:
I can't tell what they're saying, but I get the distinct impression that it's not Souichiro in there any more...
Oh Great is seriously dragging his feet now. And on top of that it looks like we're going to get yet another flashback with Aya...I seriously can't take much more of this, this book is another boring chapter away from losing me...
Please hang in there kk1. I for one enjoy your commentary. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a whole month between chapters.
Dgames
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Dgames »

in the end of chapter 108 when kabane looks at nagi his eye had some inscriptions and he thanked souhako for something that happened in the past since then souichiro eye seems to have gained life

could kabane just wanted to battle aya for the rest of the crew go met her and then he would have a chance to do that?

PS: sorry for the bad english :P
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Swordfish II wrote:
kk1 wrote:
Please hang in there kk1. I for one enjoy your commentary. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a whole month between chapters.
Thanks, just a little frustrated with the pace lately, why advertise the end if you're nowhere near it?
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Ricco wrote:Thanks Shouki!

So Shizuru and Ishuyumi are hospitalised, didn't see that comming... at least they're not dead.
I guess no one likes them enough to visit
:D
Ricco wrote: I'm guessing the girl who found Reiki is an ancestor of the Natsumi's, after all Shinn's and Maya's blond hair must come from somewhere in the gene pool.
Shin and Maya dyed their hair :wink: Maya mentioned this way back when Izumi chopped it off at the bowling alley fight. Everyones natural hair color is black, they're all Japanese.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote:
I wonder if that lady who finds Reiki stuck in the group is Senhime? After all, she has the power of neutralisation as does Reiki... Does she have some revenge handed down for Souhaku too?
I dont think so, it doesn't really look like her and Reiki had that before anyway. Thanks for the other insights anything interesting from the Masataka, Souichiro conversation?
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

kk1 wrote:
shouki wrote:
I dont think so, it doesn't really look like her and Reiki had that before anyway. Thanks for the other insights anything interesting from the Masataka, Souichiro conversation?
Reiki certainly had *some* powers when ancient Aya had it. But did it have all of them? I think Aya is doing a bit of compare before and after in her thinking. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see (ie just what Aya has figured out). I certainly wouldn't be willing to place a bet that that lady was Senhime - the series of frames does suggest several years have past, but would it have been enough years for Senhime to grow up? Or is it some *new* character? (Seems very high class though, like Senhime).

As for Masataka and Souichiro, it's a bit hard to figure out without actually trying to translate the whole thing. It starts off with the group following their rule (during the tournament I think) of nobody being by themselves - Aya and alien are staying at the hospital with Sugu, Chiaki's pretty blunt about what she and Bob are going to be doing, so that leaves chalk and cheese as a pair (Aya tells them not to fight...) Immediately they want to go in different directions.

Later in the bunny bar (lol) it's last orders but the "senpai" of the group (Masataka) isn't willing to spend money, so Souichirou uses some cliche gangster style moves on the owner to get some free food (which leaves Masataka feeling very sorry). Anyway, they start talking about old times a bit, with some comments back to early chapters -eg, it was only recently, but for "some reason" it feels like a VERY long time, and "who's that guy?" (pointing to the old character designs...).

I think Souichirou is suggesting Masataka needs a bit of a wake-up call to come out of his shell...
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

shouki wrote: I think Souichirou is suggesting Masataka needs a bit of a wake-up call to come out of his shell...
Thanks, I thought the whole look at my "infected" eye thing might be something, since up til now only Aya knows about Souhaku, and Masataka was so taken aback.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

turns out I was faster than I expected. I beat chapter 110 by one day. As usual, check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_18_Trans.html for my text only translation.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Thanks, Fugu

Post by pintudao »

Thank you, Fugu! Man, I really love this manga and if it were not for you, I would be doomed. Thanks again!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

OOh what an interesting development, Nagi knows about his eye? Hmm and he actually wants Masataka to help him because he thinks out of everyone he can actually do it. I would think that's pretty high praise coming from Nagi. Finally this story is getting intersting again :D
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

I need some explanation on the Nagi-Mastaka issue.

I understood they didn't want fight thanx to the translation and the different posts, but, I'm unable to figure out why souichirou said that.
So, my question remains : is he telling to masataka that he has a key role to play in this story or in the denouement ? And, if it's correct, why such a attitude with him ?

Despite the translation, lot's of french guys still think an obvious battle between them will occur, but I do not share that optinion ... do someone has any better explanation or precision ?
French translator ... Fugu fan.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It sounds to me like Nagi respects Masataka, and is making some references to Souichirou inhabiting his eye.

Anyway, it isn't all crystal clear in Japanese either, so you have to do your own interpretation. I recommend that you try to translate from the Japanese directly into French, since the English version that I post here has my biases influencing it.
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

I guess.
we have "hired" a new tranlstaor recently, jap->fr. I should ask him to have a look at it.

But we aggre with the fact there's nothing about fighting. That's the most important for simple minds.
It's sad, but the main question for most of people about tenjo tenge is "who is fighting who ??!! tell me !"

Thank you !
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Alas, Fugu, we have no french translator interested into Ten².

The teams work regarding your (excellent) job... And well, even if you do a great job, there is an obvious biais.

I can tell, you might be surprised, you do a better job than French official translation. Until the volume 8 at least, all were translated from... Italian. Which leaded to some lack of... relevance.
Wandering star
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Strangler wrote: I can tell, you might be surprised, you do a better job than French official translation. Until the volume 8 at least, all were translated from... Italian. Which leaded to some lack of... relevance.
Wow, that is terrible. A commercial effort should at least translate from the source Japanese. Wow.
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Yep, it's completely unprofessional... It's, though, very complicated. Manga in France is so popular that you could cover it with shit, people would buy it anyway.
And precisely, about Ten², Italians were one of the first to translate it... And Panini Comics (which has the right for Ten² in France) is an Italian company...

Lately, it's getting better because the concurrence is getting fierce, there are so much products translated that they try to make quality. But the worst has already been done.

For the amateurs, well, Ten² is not really popular. We have a great bunch of french people able to read/understand japanese, but no one has already been motivated to translate ten²... Hence why I treasure your effort :D
Wandering star
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

Strangler wrote:Alas, Fugu, we have no french translator interested into Ten².

yes we have !
I'll try to put our new translator on the 111 ... or I'll wait Fugu ...
Strangler wrote: I can tell, you might be surprised, you do a better job than French official translation.
indeed ... ^^
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

You do ?
Wow.
:)
Wandering star
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

I'd like to.
We are only doing our best to provide fans with good quality translations.
But we are only humans.
And I'm only a french guy.

And it's fuckin' late and "monsieur pere noel" is not gonna be happy.

tu connais notre taf ? La team s'appelle "MnM - minnanomanga". Au delà de nos checkeurs qui dorment un peu, on a un bon staff traduction et clean.
tu trouveras nos travaux ici : http://www.minnanomanga.fr/

allez, au lit !
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

Nan, moi je suis issu du forum de Natsume de Bun-kun.
J'y jetterai un oeil merci ! :)
Wandering star
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

Strangler wrote:Nan, moi je suis issu du forum de Natsume de Bun-kun.
J'y jetterai un oeil merci ! :)
ha ok !
Bah, on a repris la suite en fait ;)
vu l'inactivité de Natsume, et notre team qui grossissait pas mal, on s'est dit qu'on avait les moyens de les faire.

jette un oeil donc ; )

Et au passage, si ca te brnche de participer, n'hésite pas à me le dire !
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

If possible, please speak English. I don't have anything against French, but I don't understand it. :)
jjfew
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jjfew »

:? sorry.

Just speaking about my scantrad team.