Looking for a translator

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
Quickqa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Looking for a translator

Post by Quickqa »

Hello
I am running a manga group that currently needs a translator. If you enjoy the Yugioh manga, and are fluent in Japanese, please email me at mangatrans@gmail.com
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

you aren't going to have much luck looking for translators here: I'm pretty much the only one that reads stuff around here.

You might try over on the manganews.net forums.

And does Yugioh really need a fan translation effort? I thought it was already being commercially published.
Quickqa
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Quickqa »

Yes, I think the whole series has been officially released by Viz. But, just as many of their other mangas, they butcher it. The early volumes (1-4 maybe?) were pretty good. But when they rereleased those volumes, they cencored everything, to aim toward an audience of 5-year-olds like the US tv show. The quality of their editing isn't that great. And for whatever reason, they started using english names for some characters. I don't really mind that with some (Pegasus J. Crawford to Maximillion Pegasus), but every now and then they switch between the english and japanese name. It just confuses people who haven't read it.
Most fans of the series are generally disappointed with the official english version.
There are other reasons, (mostly involving the quality of Viz's work) but I won't go into them.