FIGHT 131

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

FIGHT 131

Post by iijyanaika »

http://www.raw-paradise.com/

raw is up

the cameo in this chapter is rather funny
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Banzai!

Post by pintudao »

Many thanks to RP for another TenTen chapter! Did anyone understand the possible events for this year? Are they simply preparing for the final fight with Nagi? Whose ancestor was Sawagani? Sorry for so many questions. I find it really hard to understand TenTen but I still love it!
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

UNexpectly early at least it feels like that oO

The cameo is great OG did great, along with NBGI, though I would like to have it a bit more extend it to see a greater fight, on the contray it would just be filler chapters >_>

It is strange how Ichiyo resemble Masataka's character adrt design more and more as he grow up. I hope it doesn't end in a fusion of both of them, Nagi and Takayanagi....
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
Strangler
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Strangler »

I say lol for the iron fist tournament...
:D
Wandering star
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Flashback again? With Iyo failing I thought we'd seen the last of that era, where is Oh Great going with this book? I know he's mirroring myths like the the Kojiki (rereading Maya's awakening as Ameratsu, it's amazing how he incorporated the myth into the story) so we should be able to predict what he does with the characters. Is Tsukiyomi next?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My ultra jump just arrived from Amazon today (a day after it goes on sale.) I got everything scanned in at least (but wow, that scanner is loud and my sick wife isn't happy about it...)
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Isn't Sawagani just the frostbite girl that Ichiyo saved? The eyebrows look the same and I would guess since their hunting down Souhaku's mutants together that their shacking up probably making her the Nagi family ancestor also >.<. So the setup seems to be for Souichirou to be killed once he's about to lose control from consuming more powers. Can't Maya keep his dragon in check with her gate? Wonder if that panel with Souichirou set against the back drop of the moon means anything.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Agree with the frostbite girl, she joined Ichiyo after he saved her from being raped?
Hmm Souhaku's mutants, what the meaning of it? I would have believe that are Izanami's breeds going out to take humans down... Souhaku himself was after all one of the 12 families.

The idea of Souichirou dieing doesn't cross my mind. If he does die, the ones who he revived will be dead again.

@Fugu don't do reckless things with your sick wife... it shall not affect your married-life (what am I typing, go back to work on translation :twisted: :lol: )

At some point it is strange, while in the first chapters Nagi should be suppose the main protagonist, the author even create a sad story about him, but it seems that not many people like him after all. Or is it just me? Great fail? My opinion about Souichirou... I don't really like him to be the protagonist, even with his sad story around be bounded by fate to be the role of Susanoo, I can't really connect to him.

Come to think of it, the topic view is rather big compare to the postings in the topic itself?
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm surprised there are as many readers around to get this thread up to 400 views or so. crazy.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

I've given this thread a few reads as the responses come in but don't really know what to add as I can't really make much of this chapter beyond the obvious. I would imagine the Maya/Aya conversation is relevant to the eventual showdown with Nagi but that's a complete guess. I hope Bob gets to do something eventually as well.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

hey dizzy, you can check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_22_Trans.html

that might help a bit.
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Thanks

Post by pintudao »

Wow Fugu, that was fast! Thank you so much!
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

Man, so fast! Thanks a million! ^^
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pintudao »

EliteF22 wrote:Isn't Sawagani just the frostbite girl that Ichiyo saved? The eyebrows look the same.
Can you guys tell me when that happened? The story is so long that it´s hard to remember most of it. Also, I've just seen Fight:131 on toshokan! Thanks!
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

pintudao wrote:
EliteF22 wrote:Isn't Sawagani just the frostbite girl that Ichiyo saved? The eyebrows look the same.
Can you guys tell me when that happened? The story is so long that it´s hard to remember most of it. Also, I've just seen Fight:131 on toshokan! Thanks!
Vol 16 fight 97
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Zen »

@Fugu: ステステ is the Wavedash, one Tekken technique. ^^
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Thanks

Post by pintudao »

kk1 wrote:
pintudao wrote:
Vol 16 fight 97
Thanks!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Zen wrote:@Fugu: ステステ is the Wavedash, one Tekken technique. ^^
wavedash sounds worse than my "speed dash". anyway, the whole thing with Tekken was hilarious.
chucho
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chucho »

someone knows when is gonna end tenten?
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

To think that it took over twenty chapters to go through a whole day and Souichiro is supposed to return in a year, who knows when it will end. So Amaterasu's Gate has limits to the amount of power it can limit without being amplified?
Sarex
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sarex »

For those of you who know how to use irc there is a scanalation of chapter 131 on lurk (type lurk manga archive in google and you'll find it).

For those of you who don't or want a HQ-ish one I'm almost done with the chapter (I'll post the links in a couple of hour's).
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Ah fugu :D you should put a counter on the link you posted as well

so just cosplayers huh? well would be too much I really thought they jumped out of the election tournament and fight the "real" ones and the "A"IRON is something similar as Zony, Valvic, Nice, Adidas, close to the real one but not the same

somehow it made me feel sad, that Aya want to quit, but if you think about the purpose of the Jyuukenbu it is the natural resolve of it

AND WTH she looks HOT (maybe cute) :oops: , but I could barely see any panties!

Souichirou got far more than Ichiyou already... That is amazing? Hmm some thoughts about it.
The demon exorcist live on in order to slay red feathers down, but yet along the Takayanagi family are red feathers as well. In the past arc the Takayanagi's never make an appearance, leading to the assumptions that Takayanagi are the keys to stop all this... and another circle of "fate" opens up?
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
acx
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by acx »

Even though Nagi is a major character, I've always thought that Masataka was at least a major character on par with Nagi. The narration of the story is told through his voice and point of view; like he's telling the story back to the reader.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Testament wrote:
Souichirou got far more than Ichiyou already... That is amazing? Hmm some thoughts about it.
The demon exorcist live on in order to slay red feathers down, but yet along the Takayanagi family are red feathers as well. In the past arc the Takayanagi's never make an appearance, leading to the assumptions that Takayanagi are the keys to stop all this... and another circle of "fate" opens up?
Takayanagis are not red feathers.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

kk1 wrote:
Takayanagis are not red feathers.
Yes I know... my fingers are slower than my head... :oops: :cry: , what I mean was along the Takayanagi are the 12 founding families that support them (with Takayanagi as head). 6 of those families are consider as red feathers, let alone the other branch families. And we consider them as good. But Souchirous' mission seem to slay them down... would he even kill Natsume sisters?

To spin the wheel further... the past Takayanagi were able to create a truce between humans (possibile white feathers, no maybe simple humans is better) and extraordinary humans (red feathers) leading the fragile peace till the present. But this peace was not a good peace, like we saw in the flashback of Souichirou and Makiko. People with special ability are ostracized by society...if not by luck have money or have social powers...
Some were not happy with it... and just want every human to turn into an extraordinary human... feeling the same... might be just an excuse as side effect the birth of a "true warrior" (...)
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide