Fight 133

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Fight 133

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Wonder how long its going to take to show up now :(

http://ultra.shueisha.co.jp/contents/ma ... &width=545

..still wish ultra jump wouldn't have changed their site. Makes previews.. lack luster
DemonNeedle
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by DemonNeedle »

I was literally about to post this as well. Aya with a hand on her shoulder. By the way the hand looks, I can rule out Bob, Bunshichi, Kagurazaka, and Mitsuomi from the one holding it. Other than that, all the other guys have girly hands, so anyone else is possible.
chucho
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chucho »

god i can't wait any longer to read tenten T.T
iijyanaika
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by iijyanaika »

if no raws are up by tomorrow, i'll pop by my store before class and upload a phone pic or 2. i wonder if we're going to keep having this present/time skip usage of chapters till the eventual confrontation with souichirou and masataka.

edit- store told me it's not coming in till tomorrow 4/21 but i'll be busy studying for a test, so we'll see if i can make it out there before friday
Last edited by iijyanaika on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Yup, I also was debating posting the same thing but yes, I miss the good old previews of yesteryear. Really, pretty much anything could be going on in this chapter with that image.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

arg, I forgot to get the new ultra jump. Better do that now. I'm way behind...
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Awww.

Some speculation in my head, but I will just wait.
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
My name reaches insignificance
Only one among us can stand under heaven
Panzer718
Yuurei
Yuurei

RAW is OUT!!!!

Post by Panzer718 »

Oh my God!!!! This chapter is SOOOOOOO Awesome!!!! I was already writing a fan fiction about it and was looking for some source materials when I stumbled upon this:

http://hi.baidu.com/tiexue2009/album/%C ... 0133%BB%B0

Can some one please translate it? I only managed to figure about 20% of it.
chucho
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by chucho »

awesome panzer thanks a lot ;)
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Awww.

Aya "disturb" those two in the "best" timing, how come he is without it and he as well and then in that kind of position? That is Masataka's luck, he got blurp for his "striking" negative luck not only one but twice....

Looks like Aya mentioned about the Natsume love system... I thought after learning about the story involving fate and destiny, that that system is somewhat overaged... like you are fated to someone, but at the same time you fight against another fate... wondering what it is in particular. And of course what the resolution of Aya and especially Masataka "proposal" is?

Somewhat cute and I really would like more of Madoka being jealous actions, at least there was a bit of it, if it is towards those two.

What bugs me the most is the continuation to the past chapter is broken or I can not exactly see it. :?
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

What a situation to have someone walk in on. I have no idea how things could have gotten to that point.

Seems like a good chapter but really can't tell. Just going to wait until it's in English to get more than just wild guesses from the pictures out of it.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I did actually just scan this chapter (and 132) in this afternoon, but probably won't translate it until after Dogs. I guess. I'm still not sure which of the two looks like it will be more fun to work on.
Zen
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: RAW is OUT!!!!

Post by Zen »

Panzer718 wrote:Oh my God!!!! This chapter is SOOOOOOO Awesome!!!! I was already writing a fan fiction about it and was looking for some source materials when I stumbled upon this:

http://hi.baidu.com/tiexue2009/album/%C ... 0133%BB%B0

Can some one please translate it? I only managed to figure about 20% of it.
Someone bless these guys! Thanks a million!
FuguTabetai wrote:I did actually just scan this chapter (and 132) in this afternoon, but probably won't translate it until after Dogs. I guess. I'm still not sure which of the two looks like it will be more fun to work on.
Fugu check your pm box, I hope that can be useful ^^
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

FuguTabetai wrote:I did actually just scan this chapter (and 132) in this afternoon, but probably won't translate it until after Dogs. I guess. I'm still not sure which of the two looks like it will be more fun to work on.
You should trans tenjou tenge first Fugu it will give more fun I assure you because you will please more people by that ;)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dogs is generally much easier to translate TJTG. I knocked out two chapters this afternoon. I'll start on TJTG after the next Dogs chapter.
Panzer718
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Panzer718 »

After reading the Chinese translations now I am severely depressed...x( I hope Fugu's translations will cheer me up.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

You can follow along here: http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/TJTG_22_Trans.html

I'm about a third of the way done now.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Dear Oh! Great: I get it. You know a lot about Japanese history. You like the Kojiki. You make heavy use of metaphors and parallels to Japanese mythology.

But man, you write some stuff that is just hard to translate. Good for my education I guess.
Panzer718
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Panzer718 »

I only see the first page of Chapter 133... I am feeling really awful for Masataka-senpai...XI
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Right you are. Now the first 20 pages are up there.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

and done.
Panzer718
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Panzer718 »

I worship thee, Sensei!!! XD Now I feel slightly better, but the outcome and the turn of events are getting less favorable for Takayanagi-senpai. For the love of God, I can't wait for chapter 134 already. I think Oh Great! is paying way too much attention on Air Gear...:P

Panzer
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Thanks a lot Fugu

Did you post the tenjou tenge scan in Manga fox?

Asking for curiosity
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I only provide text translations. I just did a search and am really surprised at how many places have Tenjo Tenge up to read. That must piss off Shueishya.

Anyway, no, I don't post anything. I have a website here, and I put up only text translations.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Ah thank you Fugu. I was start to feel that I can not wait any longer, ...again.

I would like to see the people buy the volumes as possibile instead of buying the internet connection time to see mangafox XD.

The child name of Bob and Chiaki is Mickey? like Mickey Mouse? That kinda ... no... it is nothing... :wink:

About page 104 with the "school gate" and "butt gate" how would school "entrance" (as school gate) and "back entrance" (a pun of probably a gay as example use the back of another man to enter the same man) fit in?

There seem to be some character mistakes, since Mitsoumi become Masataka, not that it bothers me.

After the translations:
I think it is a good step forward that Masataka took. No matter what kind of result the confession eventually lead. Like Aya said in the same chapter, that bonds in this post meaning the experience will become the pillar of larger "strength". (In a funny way to point it, after that he will become a playboy :lol: )

I like Fugu's comment about the confusion part, know the future but unable to stop it. I like to interpret something for myself in, but I think it doesn't fit much with the actual translation. Therefor I will go with what there stand... It is like he admit, that he can not fight fate. But it seems not logical to the whole story in one way. Since especially Masataka do not believe in fate. He understands that he can not stop, even though he knew what lies ahead if he goes on. And this is what I believe is their "fate" or "destiny" mean.

Edit:
I think "Front Entrance" and "Back Entrance" would be more of the pun. Front Entrance as like the front gate of the school (or the front hole of a woman) and back entrance... well the hole in the back (of a woman) :roll:
Yes kind of dirty... but this was kind of dirty too :oops:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't think there is any way to work in a pun in English that is as natural as the one in Japanese. The comment should be enough to explain it, and people can think about good jokes on their own. I like front/back entrance though, that's pretty good.

Did I mess up Masataka / Mitsuomi's name in the translations, or just in which character is talking? (That is a somewhat common mistake for me, since my program does auto-complete on character names.)

I just realized that it is likely that Chiaki and Bob's kid's name should be romanized in the Japanese way, Miki. I used to date a girl named Mickey though, so that spelling always comes to me naturally.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

I am aware what you mean, it is something along phonics, sound and pronunciation of a word. I think there are similarity in every language.
To give a proper translation is in the most case not possibile, but after reading your comment, that pop in my mind :D more or less.

Just in which character is talking, but like I already mentioned it isn't something to bother with and like you explained auto-complete. Page 101 Bubble 5 & 6 page 102 bubble 0 & 1.

I apologize, if I by chance offend someone female with the name Mickey. I related Mickey always with someone male, like Mickey Mouse or Mickey Rourke. It never come to my mind that it might be multi-gender.

Want to know how Aya response to that confession. :? Or do we have to expect the continuation of the fight between Madoka and Bob? Though it is implied that Bob won, but in TT a win might not always be a victory =.=. I hope Madoka is alright, wasn't it a fight to death? :?:
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide
Panzer718
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Panzer718 »

Knowing Oh Great! we'll probably never see how that confession turns out(I would be VERY surprise if it does.) Chapter 134 would probably start off in a different time frame. Oh how I loath him for playing my emotion like that...XP

Panzer
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

FuguTabetai wrote:I only provide text translations. I just did a search and am really surprised at how many places have Tenjo Tenge up to read. That must piss off Shueishya.

Anyway, no, I don't post anything. I have a website here, and I put up only text translations.
Haha yeah and so it was removed from Manga fox after a few hours from the upload of the latest chapters
pintudao
Tamashii
Tamashii

Thanks

Post by pintudao »

Fugu,

Thanks for the translation!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Testament wrote: Just in which character is talking, but like I already mentioned it isn't something to bother with and like you explained auto-complete. Page 101 Bubble 5 & 6 page 102 bubble 0 & 1.
Fixed that, thanks.

I don't think Madoka was talking literally about a fight to the death.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

Thanks for the translation Fugu. Ahh Oh! Great is such a tease so much set up in these last 2 chapters with Mastaka, Aya, and Nagi and who does he show 5 years later in the future Bob and Madoka and a sad Chiaki because something happened ughh this book is gonna screw with us so bad with these main characters I just know it.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

Testament wrote:Ah thank you Fugu. I was start to feel that I can not wait any longer, ...again.

I would like to see the people buy the volumes as possibile instead of buying the internet connection time to see mangafox XD.

The child name of Bob and Chiaki is Mickey? like Mickey Mouse? That kinda ... no... it is nothing... :wink:

About page 104 with the "school gate" and "butt gate" how would school "entrance" (as school gate) and "back entrance" (a pun of probably a gay as example use the back of another man to enter the same man) fit in?

There seem to be some character mistakes, since Mitsoumi become Masataka, not that it bothers me.

After the translations:
I think it is a good step forward that Masataka took. No matter what kind of result the confession eventually lead. Like Aya said in the same chapter, that bonds in this post meaning the experience will become the pillar of larger "strength". (In a funny way to point it, after that he will become a playboy :lol: )

I like Fugu's comment about the confusion part, know the future but unable to stop it. I like to interpret something for myself in, but I think it doesn't fit much with the actual translation. Therefor I will go with what there stand... It is like he admit, that he can not fight fate. But it seems not logical to the whole story in one way. Since especially Masataka do not believe in fate. He understands that he can not stop, even though he knew what lies ahead if he goes on. And this is what I believe is their "fate" or "destiny" mean.

Edit:
I think "Front Entrance" and "Back Entrance" would be more of the pun. Front Entrance as like the front gate of the school (or the front hole of a woman) and back entrance... well the hole in the back (of a woman) :roll:
Yes kind of dirty... but this was kind of dirty too :oops:
I think they were talking about an answer of some unknown question and the fate was altered as stated by that blind guy and Nagi's immortal father but I think not up to the expectation of Masataka

And its cool that Mastaka knows the answer which Aya is still looking for and also my speculation about that is the way to stop Nagi

And I guess he wanted to save Nagi but couldn't or something like that thats why he talked like that, ugh! TenTen is always like this.

The whole chapter was full of Aya's digressions in which she alluded her encouragement and the fact that he is not strong enough but its cool because he proposed. If a girl you like keep pampering you liek this then you are forced to propose. May be that was the main reason behind Aya's speech to provoke Masataka to propose in order to create some kind of strong bond that could enhance his strength (man these days most of the prominent mangas are I guess lacking ideas or something, always residing on bonds just like the recent chapter of Naruto (man use a better means of power up instead of some lame-ass Naruto Dark Naruto fighting))
Last edited by smokeesid on Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAS
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by IAS »

Thanks for the translation Fugu. Ahh Oh! Great is such a tease so much set up in these last 2 chapters with Mastaka, Aya, and Nagi and who does he show 5 years later in the future Bob and Madoka and a sad Chiaki because something happened ughh this book is gonna screw with us so bad with these main characters I just know it.
Well since Bob seems to be the main player in the time jump, masataka and souchiro are out of the picture. Its pinnaple salad for masataka, although am not sure about souchiro. Been thinking lately perhaps a disable injury or even jailtime to pay for "his" crimes. Just looking at the way he build the character (to overcome everything basicly) i doubt OG will kill him. Great job with the traslation fugu.

Only good thing about the break is the word cup.

btw whats the latest chapter of dogs?, i stop at 41.
smokeesid
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by smokeesid »

There is a certain question in my head for quite a while now,

As I remember, there are 12 red blood families(who carry special power) and all of their power resides in Susano and Nagi is susasno right now but restrained by the reiki inside his perverted Dad (who else wanna reside into the head of his young boy) and so Nagi is under his own control

So why is he moving around the whole world?

What I think, he is moving around the whole world to steal powers from each and every red blood person and then come back to be eradicated by Masataka

But, still he has all the gates of all the families then how come he could steal more when he has all of them already
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

IAS wrote: btw whats the latest chapter of dogs?, i stop at 41.
I'm caught up on Dogs. should be a new chapter on May 19th, but not for Tenjo Tenge.
kk1
Bushi
Bushi

Post by kk1 »

smokeesid wrote:There is a certain question in my head for quite a while now,

As I remember, there are 12 red blood families(who carry special power) and all of their power resides in Susano and Nagi is susasno right now but restrained by the reiki inside his perverted Dad (who else wanna reside into the head of his young boy) and so Nagi is under his own control

So why is he moving around the whole world?

What I think, he is moving around the whole world to steal powers from each and every red blood person and then come back to be eradicated by Masataka

But, still he has all the gates of all the families then how come he could steal more when he has all of them already
6 red 6 white, these families have been around for generations and have thousands of descendants. Just like Aya and her brother both have the power of the dragon eye more than one person has the power for each family. Also I think there are other super-powered descendants of Susano who aren't members of the red feather families. Nagi is also no longer under his dad's control.
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

there any inserts or anything for ten ten in Junes ulrajump seeing as there is no chapter? :(
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

nope, nothing tenten related this month.
Dizzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Dizzy »

Aya has been talking about being fated with Nagi since chapter 1 and Masataka has been set on destroying fate for quite a while as well I imagine and hope this will come into play down the road as well. He states he hasn't changed anything yet but that would certainly be a big place to start.

It's a good thing there have been a lot of games getting releases lately (and upcoming still) or else this wait would be far harder.
Testament
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Testament »

Didn't Aya just said that, because every Natsume got married after a male saw their naked body? I think Maya said old fashioned tradition to that. Though her father and mother get together like that as well..

If you think about it, it should just prevent the children to get intimate with everyone..., but only with the one and only, "fated" one. That would usually be the husband or wife. Anti-Slut-Prevention :roll: (You know they look all sexy and such....)
My soul hard while firm
My mind clear and calm
My wisdom open and wide