Who's *your* favorite tenjo tenge character...

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

brainplagued
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Guess!!! I'll give you a clue: it's a trifle warm...

Who's *your* favorite tenjo tenge character...

Post by brainplagued »

why start this topic now?

well *someone* has to...

mwahahahahaha :twisted:

anyway....

I like Aya the best. Not so much for what she's done so far, but for what she *will* do. I'm waiting for her to awesomely kick some @ss...

it's gonna be *so* cool...
Positions Available
Reliable Minion Wanted
Experience and References a Must!
Call (666) 666-4666
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

This might be a good topic for a poll... Not that I've set one of those up on this forum yet, but...
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

I'm starting to like Tawara now,from the recent chapters,he appears to be a good character.
And of course,my fav is Maya :roll: hehehe...
BTW,from the last chapter(vol6 page5),there is a pic of 4 guys and Maya,there is Tawara,Shin,and Takayanagi,but who is the guy beside Tawara??I don't recall i know him?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

arpl wrote:I'm starting to like Tawara now,from the recent chapters,he appears to be a good character.
And of course,my fav is Maya :roll: hehehe...
BTW,from the last chapter(vol6 page5),there is a pic of 4 guys and Maya,there is Tawara,Shin,and Takayanagi,but who is the guy beside Tawara??I don't recall i know him?
He's new. You'll "meet" him later.
Ast-Intern
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ast-Intern »

Hi...i,m a newbie here....My favourite character would be Aya Natsume....i like her the "BEST"
E[x]prit-D`amour
Tomiko no Kawaii!
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tomiko no Kawaii! »

hi! i'm a newbie too! anyway, natsume maya rocks! :D
Do As Infinity rocks!
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

meep

Post by pezzy »

definately "double impact tawara" :D
ohh and bobs gf cause she seems really enthusiastic when it comes to having *** mwhahahahaa
G-StyLe
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by G-StyLe »

Mine is Shin :)
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Lotta interesting characters in this series...

For me, Tawara is kinda the star of the flash-back arc, so far anyway. Funny and cool guy.

I wonder if we're going to see Aya in this arc... She should be about 13. Didn't even come to hospital to say hi to dear elder brother...? It's going to be interesting to see what happens to her in the future - seems like she could change quite a bit.
arpl
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by arpl »

Hmm,yeah,i also wonder why we haven't seen masataka too in this arc,i think he's in the same grade as maya right?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Masataka is at least one grade behind Maya, and this is Maya's first year at Toudou Gakuen.

It is interesting to see the contrast between Mitsuomi in the past, and in the present. I think it says a lot about how Masataka might change as well.

fugu
steevan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by steevan »

i like aya ! she's wild !!
www.gamecombos.com/forums .......get in DUDE !! GET SOME COMBO ASS !!
BOZZ
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BOZZ »

It's a toss up for me... I absolutely love Tawara in the past arc, he's pretty good in the present too... Gotta love him, failing 3rd year three times... (I think)... And he's kinda pervish too...

I also like Nagi, he is the main character, right? He seems to have a lot of potential... I can't wait to see what'll happen after the past arc... Same goes for Bob too... I love his fighting style, it's Capioera (sp?) same one as Eddie from Tekken 3...
steevan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by steevan »

capoiera !? really !?
www.gamecombos.com/forums .......get in DUDE !! GET SOME COMBO ASS !!
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Natsume Shin

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

He's rotten and messed up, but I like tragic heroes, and I want to see underdogs get their day in the sun (even though it won't happen with him), or at least go down in a blaze.

He should just grab Reiki and go kill every single person in that mafia syndicate they call the Takayanagi, and all its satellite clans. What a bunch of stuck-up manipulative self-serving bastards. First the old man - cut his pervy old head off.

Yeah, I'm feeling vindictive today... :twisted:
Tomiko no Kawaii!
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tomiko no Kawaii! »

[quote="BOZZ"]It's a toss up for me... I absolutely love Tawara in the past arc, he's pretty good in the present too... Gotta love him, failing 3rd year three times... (I think)... And he's kinda pervish too...

yeah, tawara's cool. i guess he's one of the well-rounded characters in tenjo tenge.
Do As Infinity rocks!
jasonred
Yuurei
Yuurei

Re: meep

Post by jasonred »

pezzy wrote:definately "double impact tawara" :D
ohh and bobs gf cause she seems really enthusiastic when it comes to having *** mwhahahahaa
So, why is he called "Double Impact"? Something to do with his eagerness for paizuri?
pezzy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by pezzy »

dont know :P maybe. i just follow fugu's translations :D
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

Shin RULLEZ yo !!
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
Emlan^_^
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Emlan^_^ »

am I the only one that thinks Shin kinda looks like a younger verson of Sephiroth from ff7?

oh anyways, my fave chara....must be Bunshichi~ X3
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

Yes .. is kinda of similar.. :)
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

am I the only one that thinks Shin kinda looks like a younger verson of Sephiroth from ff7?
Am I the only one who thinks his sister looks like a younger version of Morrigan from Darkstalkers (plus cockroach enhancements)? :mrgreen:
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

hmmm... I guess there could be a resemblance sometimes. I can sorta see it in the Morrigan pic on the main page. But in the cover pic on http://capcom.mangatranslation.com/ I don't think they look at all alike.

Guess I may as well mention my favorite too since I'm writing here... Bunshichi's been my fav for a while now. Probably since the beginning of the past arc. But now he's getting a lil too predictable... he's still cool, awesome skills, funny, hentai, wise sorta.. but that's how he's always been.

These days I'm likin Mitsuomi more. He's developing skills, overcoming personal demons, wooing the girl. He's changed into a reliable guy of sorts.. it's too bad he turns all badass.. which is still cool but not as compelling in the long run.

Man.. I can't wait for the Mitsuomi vs. Shin fight... that better be EPIC.
Shin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shin »

That fight is fantastic !!
In Italy we have all the volumes till 8 and the fight Mitsuomi vs Shin is great !! Like Oh Great !!
Dead is not the end...
Is just the beginnig..
PorkRobinson
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by PorkRobinson »

Tawara is the best. He beat the crud out of Shin, and he's always acting like a total slob. So, that makes him the man.
standa-man
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by standa-man »

seems like this ought to be a popular topic for a while, but there are two versions floating around. Perhaps, Fugu, you should consider sticky-ing the one with the poll? That might consolidate the duplicate threads and your work on incorporating the images into the poll won't go to waste.
Rain_Cassidy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rain_Cassidy »

I can sorta see it in the Morrigan pic on the main page. But in the cover pic on http://capcom.mangatranslation.com/ I don't think they look at all alike.
Those aren't official Capcom illustrations (official as in Bengus and Akiman). They're very similar in the Capcom Design Room and anime pictures. I hate it when distinctive character designs are genericized by fan-manga artists who just draw the character with the style they're comfortable with, rather than trying to capture the character's true spirit.

These days I'm likin Mitsuomi more. He's developing skills, overcoming personal demons, wooing the girl. He's changed into a reliable guy of sorts.. it's too bad he turns all badass.. which is still cool but not as compelling in the long run.
I still cannot see how a young amiable guy turns into a fascist in the space of 2.5 years, because of 1 fight. I want to see how OG handles it.
natsume
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by natsume »

i like maya she rocks!!!
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

natsume wrote:i like maya she rocks!!!
i second that. :D
Ricco
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Ricco »

Asshat all the way! First because he has a harem, second because he has a harem and third because I can't wait to see him fight for real when one or more of his bodyguards gets hurt/killed during the tournament.
"Heartless angel or soulles demon NOTHING will stand in my way!"
Hollowshingami
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Hollowshingami »

It is interesting to see the contrast between Mitsuomi in the past, and in the present. I think it says a lot about how Masataka might change as well.
There's definitely a lot of foreshadowing with Masataka. Mistsuomi and Masataka both seem to see those serpents. With Mistsuomi it was probably a fear of Shin. With Masataka, I think it might signify some kind of fear of fighting. But Mistuomi, in the past, seemed very innocent before Shin hit him with that attack. Masataka seems innocent but, he has the same perverted nature as Tawara. :twisted:
Kon
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Kon »

aaargh! tough decision... ...hmmm... nope it is masataka... cant explain why maybe becouse i look little bit like him. at least i think so...

hey since i dont know where else i would ask this but does bob become stronger than masataka and maya? i know that soichiro becomes one kick ass fighter. at least what i heard so would someone please tell me does he. it keeps creeping my mind since i read first tenjo tenge book page 156 so plesae someone tell me or other wise i cant keep living.?.?.?
i would properly start dislike this serie if he would.. but maybe not its my problem and i need to handle it just like i would start hate serie if maya and soichiro would get together that would bee just disgusting.

and sorry for my bad english.
MÄ TAHDON KALJALLE!
Vampire Advent
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Vampire Advent »

Kon wrote:aaargh! tough decision... ...hmmm... nope it is masataka... cant explain why maybe becouse i look little bit like him. at least i think so...

hey since i dont know where else i would ask this but does bob become stronger than masataka and maya? i know that soichiro becomes one kick ass fighter. at least what i heard so would someone please tell me does he. it keeps creeping my mind since i read first tenjo tenge book page 156 so plesae someone tell me or other wise i cant keep living.?.?.?
i would properly start dislike this serie if he would.. but maybe not its my problem and i need to handle it just like i would start hate serie if maya and soichiro would get together that would bee just disgusting.

and sorry for my bad english.
bad english forgiven. Also bob becoming stronger is a possibility Mitsoumi has his eye on him. As for Maya getting together with nagi the chances of that are slim to none.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

Nagi Souchirou because he can use the 8 gates of chakura, his hair turns black which is awesome, like a transformation, also I like Maya, she has so many skills, she is awesome.
agmaster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by agmaster »

Bob.
Because he sticks out like a sore thumb. No powers, black, a stable girlfriend. It sucks that he is so weak, though.

Tawara.
No powers, funny, I hate the hair in the anime, though. I expect him to become an old master in 70+ years.

Masataka.
I expected to put Nagi here. And at first I did like him. Infact, Masataka seemed to vanilla to like, but underdogs grow on me. And Nagi's complex life at this point has derailed my interest.

Ishiyumi/Asshat.
Calm, enjoying their place in life, and decently strong.

I just now realized this, but the girls in TT seem too emo for the most part for me to like. Except for Chiaki, but she's too weak. I like the shirt ninja girl...I think
They call me Hadoken, because I'm downright fierce.
Halon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Halon »

Do you mean Kamura? I think thats her name, the one with the dragon gate in her legs? i like her too.