who's REALLY the strongest?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

MDVega
Yuurei
Yuurei

who's REALLY the strongest?

Post by MDVega »

No, not Mitsuomi, not Shin, not Tawara...

It's the teacher! The gigantic bald guy with the scars all over him. Let's look at the evidence.

1. When he flexes, he's much bigger than anyone else in the school.
2. He took a solid punch from Mitsuomi without even flinching.
3. That mind-trick thing he did to Asshat was unbelievable!

Obvious Conclusion: The teacher could defeat anyone. After all, he's said so himself, on more that one occasion. He's a monster.

Please don't shout out any spoilers, but can anyone who's been reading ahead know if he ever gets to do anything in future chapters?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Please don't shout out any spoilers, but can anyone who's been reading ahead know if he ever gets to do anything in future chapters?
No.

Agent Wax
SynthTrance
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by SynthTrance »

I would like to imagine wht would happen to the teacher when Shin is in one of his incontrollable rages....

the teacher never really fought ne directly so it's hard to say how strong he is and size don't really matter much. Look @ the wrestler guy and nagi or u could take Maya
Dart
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Dart »

well, in this "past" story arc, it's mitsuomi
Don't hate me because I'm annoying
GreatTeacherStone
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by GreatTeacherStone »

yo man, I agree, the teacher is the ultimate badass
HE HAS A KENSHIN SCAR ON HIS HEAD
thats too badass for words so I'm going to make one up
um...
hmmmm...
this is hard...
I GOT IT
STUPENDERIFICLY BADASS

(damn that an awesome word!)

that teacher wins!
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

I'd say Bunshichi. He appears to be the only character attending the acadamy with a brain installed. This may seem odd, as he's repeating for the third time straight, but it's also unclear what the heck the subject matters are at that school (other than the bald teacher talking about the history of martial arts).
Shishio-sama
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shishio-sama »

My vote also goes to Bunshichi. He's so badass.
- The Juppon Gatana -
http://www.thejuppongatana.com
*Japanese translators needed.*
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

SPOILER

Oh yeah, did I mention that Bunshichi kicked Shin's butt while Shin WASN'T trying to lose? Sure, Mitsuomi took care of Shin, but for the majority of the fight Shin wasn't even participating in the battle.
blkat9
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by blkat9 »

How could anyone doubt the power of Bushinichi? ;) There has been several times he was shown to be the strongest...or at least still fairly strong.

1) When he first appears, Maya expresses her concern stating that she is the only one in the her group that could directly go against him.

2) Bushinichi stops Nagi's Needle Forged Attack, showing his power when he explains the fundamentals of the technique and its weakness.

3) In the past arc, Bushinichi holds the title of the "strongest man." Everybody has heard about him.

4) He fought Shin who had Reiki (though whether or not Reiki surpressed Shin's power is still unknown to me.)

5) When he goes into his beserk mode, (crazy fist punching) everyone is pounded or runs away.

In conclusion, Tawara Bushinichi is the strongest one there is. While Shin or Mitsuomi might have more power I believe that Bushinichi would still find a way to win...he's just that kewl. :D
zombi3d
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zombi3d »

hate to poke you in the ass but....

*pokes you in the ass*

with reki supressing shins power the first time, tawara got his legs shredded

without reki, shin beat up the whol school including super mitsuomi and tawara

and it even said that tawara was so injured he wouldnt be able to participate in teh team for a year or something

even though my fav character happens to be tawara, ill be honest and admit that he is not the strongest character in TT

however, that means nothing, strength isnt everything, he's still cool, horny, smart.
i mean its not important for tawara to be the strongest ever.
if strength was everythign in a manga, then everybody shoul like goku!
but no one does, at least no one i know
anyways
the strongest character ever is shin.
we'll have to wait and see what happens with nagi though, or aya even.
Elby67
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Elby67 »

I think Bunshichi is the strongest... I mean comeon a fist against a sword how fair is that? And he doesn't even train much just somkes and he totals cards and shit :shock: When the main baddy (forgot name kinda) was in the hospital with Bunshichi, Bun was out hella fast and healed way faster than the main baddy (someone plz say his name coz I feel like a idiot).

The main character of the current arc injured the main bad guy with a kick but couldn't scratch Bunshichi at all with bob fighting.
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

"Main bad guy now" is Mitsuomi.

And yeah, Bunshinchi definitely rules all. Just too powerful to get caught up in all of it 8)

*scratches head* I wonder into where Nagi will turn out with the recent events :?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Tommy-kun wrote:"Main bad guy now" is Mitsuomi.

And yeah, Bunshinchi definitely rules all. Just too powerful to get caught up in all of it 8)

*scratches head* I wonder into where Nagi will turn out with the recent events :?
Didn't you read the latest chapters? He definitely has potential...

We see a lot of him fighting in the next volume, so you can make a judgment call then.
Tommy-kun
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tommy-kun »

That's what I've been refering to by "recent events". I just wouldn't say he's on top because... who knows what other surprises (maybe from a completely diferent direction" Oh!Great sensei may bring up 8)
blackkenshi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by blackkenshi »

My guess is Bunsichi is in Mitsuomi's group because he knows hes the only one that can keep Mitsoumi in check and plus he wants to keep Mitsuomi from turning even worst
Tenmei
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tenmei »

#1 Shin I think he is the strongest and let bunsichi win the match before because they were friends. He could have easily killed him.
#2 Mitsuomi he was given the gift of an enhanced body at the cost of a lesser life line by Shin definitely making him the school's strongest (remember he moved up the ranks based on what he did. He outperformed even Bunsichi)
#3 Finally Bunsichi double impact who I feel is the greatest thing to fighters much like peanut butter and jelly is the greatest to sliced bread. He's strong he likes the women and he cares about his friend, but even he could not beat shin with or without the sword. Did you see what that guy did to Fu 'chien. Shin's a monster.
Elby67
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Elby67 »

Mitsuomi isn't the top dog coz he earned it coz shin didn't even bother trying in the last fight.... And Bunsichi didn't care enough to take the position. Was is appendage really stoping him from taking part in the selection matchs? definetly not he used that up as an excuse remember he healed quicker than shin in the hospital that time ALOT quicker.....
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

What about the unknown members of the "F" group, I think those guys may have someone that may even topple Mitsuomi & bunsichi. I'm also starting to have my doubts on whether Mitsuomi and the "F" group will be on the same side @ the end. Final Battle? : Mitsuomi, bunsichi, Nagi, Bob, Aya, & Masataka V.S. "F" Group (Mysteriously Lead By Dougen, bwah ha ha :twisted: ) J/K. Serously though, this series may "drag on", no wait I think the correct word is "keep developing" for more years.
Tristan
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tristan »

Quick note; Shin started trying midway through the fight and still managed to lose. When he attempts that suicidal piledriver-esc move against Mitsoumi, he's started to get serious, because he doesn't want to die alone.. and on another level, he doesn't want Mitsoumi to have Maya. Only when Shin killed Mana in order to score a cheap shot on Mitsoumi, was he able to overcome him.. he might of been stronger then Mitsoumi at that time (There was like a 2-3 year difference in their ages). But I think if you consider it all, Mitsoumi earned his chops, he just didn't use them properly afterwards.

As for Bunshichi.. that's another story entirely. He could very well be stronger then Shin or current arc Mitsoumi, but he has absolutely no drive to develope his abilities any further, or even use them. He's just a funny, lazy guy who happens to have an insane amount of natural ability and experience. But he'd rather let Mitsoumi rule and slack around all day, keeping things going without too much trouble, then try to change the order of things and go against a friend.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Tristan wrote:As for Bunshichi.. that's another story entirely. He could very well be stronger then Shin or current arc Mitsoumi, but he has absolutely no drive to develope his abilities any further, or even use them. He's just a funny, lazy guy who happens to have an insane amount of natural ability and experience.
That isn't something we know. We know that he isn't interested in the Maya/Mitsuomi grudge. He may work very hard on refining his skills. It just isn't something everybody sees. We haven't been shown Maya working on her martial arts either (except to train the clearly inferior members of the her group), but none of us doubts that she has in the past and likely continues to.

Just because he doesn't put himself into kill-or-be-killed situations with the main cast members doesn't mean anything. All we really know is that he was quite impressively strong in the past, and puts on an air of indifferance.
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

shin is the strongest.

true, this is coming from a shin fan, but look at the facts.

Shin was trying NOT to kill bunshichi... that's why he wanted reika so he could be sure he didn't kill his best friend...

also shin didn't kill mana to get a cheap shot at mitsuomi. He killed her because she was too weak to even absorb one of his blows...

and yea, when he went berserk before he died, he kicked everyone's asses including bun/mits/asshat... when bunshichi tried to stop him, shin just elbowed him once and that kinda blew his bones out his back...

too bad, imagine the dragon's eye wouldn't let shin die though... and kept him alive ^_^ that would be fun
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Why is everyone saying Bunshichi is strongest when the fact is, he'd probably lose to most girls with big boobs (he said so himself t.t) And in that school it's not like there's a shortage of hot girls with big boobs =/
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

when it comes to raw physical strength, witout any special power ups, Bunshichi wins hands down. But as we might see, Nagi and Mitsuomi have power up ablities.
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Note that insecurity about one's penis size can be a very powerful force. Masataka may be able to channel some kind of "overcompensation" motive into tremendous combat power. Much more than Bob, a man who is secure in his male endowment, could ever hope to have.

Note that Masataka was even able to walk (kinda) after catching his privates in his zipper. This kind of willpower belies a vast reservoir of kick-ass. :)
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Note that Masataka was even able to walk (kinda) after catching his privates in his zipper.
Let's not talk about that ever again. Too many memories. :cry:
The horror... the horror...
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

1- Shin with the Dragon Eyes
2- Fu Chi'en is really strong .... Shin beat him beacause he has the Dragon Eyes .....
3- Bunchishi
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

just wondering, how strong is Souichirou's dad n e wayz??? cuz the mom's the demon exorcist right?? so does he have any power or is he just a regular dude?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Tachibana wrote:just wondering, how strong is Souichirou's dad n e wayz??? cuz the mom's the demon exorcist right?? so does he have any power or is he just a regular dude?
We've really never really even seen Souichirou's dad...
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

There's been one or two flashbacks of Nagi's mother fighting this guy wit a sword, he sure looks like Nagi ... :)
Jonosono
Yuurei
Yuurei
Location: Collegedale, TN (for school; don't come here, its really the middle of nowhere)

Post by Jonosono »

My vote for the strongest goes to Nagi.
When he fully masters his abilities, I think he would be near invicible.
"It's a proven fact that light travels faster than sound. People may look bright untill they open their mouths."
ImageClick me!
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

Jonosono wrote:My vote for the strongest goes to Nagi.
When he fully masters his abilities, I think he would be near invicible.
Well..that`s the way of main characters :)
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

hnm

Post by Shin Natsume »

shin kicked them all away in his bloodlust..
unfortunatly he died. btw how did he die anyway?
i mean, he fought mitsuomi, killed mana, and then in the next chapter he is already dead.
HOW THE HELL DID HE DIED?
Maybe the german translation left that part out...

netherless, the strongest is bob.
i mean pure body strength...
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: hnm

Post by Spawn »

Shin Natsume wrote: i mean pure body strength...
No, it's Bunchishi
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Re: hnm

Post by Banorac »

Shin Natsume wrote: HOW THE HELL DID HE DIE?
In RPG terms :

Shin had 5000 HP, Mitsuomi bludgeoned 4998 of SHin's HP away, SHin went berserk using 1 HP, after that he sat down next to Mana, took her hand holding the acupuncture needle (or whatever else it might have been ) and jousted it into his ear, thus doing 50 damage to 1 HP, ending with Shin and Mana dieing in each others arms ...

:)
Shin Natsume
Tamashii
Tamashii

hey

Post by Shin Natsume »

i understood that one...
comeon after bobs training he surely beats the shit out of bunshichi...
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

we should all know aya is going to be the strongest of the them all cause she is just like shin she can see what kind of attacks you going to throw at her before you even do it and than nagi is going to be the second strongest, but than again his mom also have the dragon eye and look what his dad or what looked to be his dad did to her so I guess nagi would be the strongest and aya would come second.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Meh, Aya won't be strongest if you ask me, she's a tad too weakwilled for that ...

Shin wasn't a good fighter either, he was only strong when he use the Dragon's Eye and became undefeatable when he went berserk.

But Aya ... I don't see her going berserk ...
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Maybe not exactly going berserk, but possibly her power will take its toll on her eventually. And Shin is not exactly that weak--it's just that the guys he's fought with are two of the strongest characters so far--"3 minute" Mitsuomi and Bunshichi. It's like comparing a great fighter to an ubermensch.

I'm actually cheering for Bob as the strongest with regard to raw physical capability, while Masataka for me is like the next Mitsuomi. The guy already has the makings for a monster like that. Nagi on the other hand, would just simply be Nagi, if not the next Shin. He's already been momentarily compared to Shin in the manga at least two times, by Maya and Asshat themselves--two characters who significantly share a past with Shin.

Anyway, these are the comparisons I usually draw from what has been revealed so far.
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

kujoe wrote:while Masataka for me is like the next Mitsuomi. The guy already has the makings for a monster like that.
i don`t think Masataka will follow Mitsuomi`s path. Mitsuomi most likely is wrong in his belief that a "True Warrior" from Takayanagi`s legend should be a poison to fight with poison. I`ve got the feeling that it`ll be Masataka that will become "TrueWarrior" and show Mitsuomi how wrong he was
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I'm not comparing the two of them personality-wise, nor was I comparing them with regard to their outlook in life. I'm talking about their fighting capability. I guess my use of the word, "monster" was somewhat ambivalent, but I was using this in reference to Masataka's ability to kick ass when he starts getting into a rage.

As for the "true warrior" thing... Wasn't that originally a project of the Takayanagi Clan with regard to Shin and his Dragon's Eye? If I'm not mistaken--after Shin became "damaged goods," the focus of the project was eventually moved to Mitsuomi. Of course, Mitsuomi had other things in mind.
Last edited by kujoe on Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianWerner
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by AdrianWerner »

kujoe wrote:
As for the "true warrior" thing... Wasn't that originally a project of the Takayanagi Clan with regard to Shin and his Dragon's Eye? If I'm not mistaken--after Shin became "damaged goods," the focus of the project was eventually moved to Mitsuomi. Of course, Mitsuomi had other things in mind.
AFAIR Shin wasn`t supossed to be a TrueWarrior..he was supossed to be a monster that will bring the TrueWarrior out of Mitsuomi. Like they said every hero needs a monster to fight.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hmmm ok. I guess I misunderstood Shin's comment to Mana, about the Takayanagi Clan having no use for "second-rate goods." Thanks.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Hmmm... I guess we'll see who's the strongest, won't we? ;)

But let me say one thing: there's always someone who's stronger.

Soichiro can transform himself into a super saiyan... would he use that power, he could destroy the whole planet, so I think Soichiro is the strongest, even without knowing it, and even if he does never ever use his ultimate super saiyan, we all know that he's the strongest.

Why?

Because he's the main character. Main characters *always* come out as the strongest of all. Always the same. :P
Bomb me, please.
Sacrin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Sacrin »

Actually, it's not always like that (main char being strongest, see Airmaster).
But moving on. Here is my list as of the end of vol 10...
(I know I'm missing a few people, but o'well. Also, some of these people are almost ties.)

1.) Tawara Bunshichi
2.) Takayanagi Mitsuomi
3.) Natsume Shin
4.) Natsume Maya
5.) Ishiyumi Tetsusen
6.) Takayanagi Masataka
7.) Nagi Souichirou
8.) Tsumuji Mataza
9.) Natsume Aya
10.) Tsumuji Mataza Yorihira
11.) Isuzu Emi
12.) Bob Makihara
13.) Sagara
14.) Asshat

Now comments on each...
1.) I'm sorry, but besides being funny and such a ladies man 8) , he is very power full. Notice he never really tries and only gets worried like twice for only a little bit and then proceeds to kick said persons ass...As much as people bring up the Shin fight, they keep forgetting the part where he got his legs torn to shreds and got back up and still won. He also planed that, in my mind that makes him more power full. You have to have a brain to go with your muscles.
2.) We still haven't seen what all he can do (besides kill raging bulls by flexing) but, it's obvious that he is one of the most power full (being one of the main bad asses and for all the people he's walked over). I would also like to note that he might be more power full than Bunshichi but, I'm sure he to has also been training. It would be a great battle indeed.
3.) Shin was a bad ass but, he lost a few times. To me one thing that weakened him was his blind rage. It did make him pull off some crazy things but I think if he was as focused as Bunshichi he would be a hell of a lot more power full. If he was in the current arch, I don't think he would be as strong (especualy without Reiki).
4.) Here is another char we haven't seen the full power of. But being related to Shin and Aya and having as much respect as she does at the school, she has to be strong. She also seems to know a lot about everyone.
5.) He has shown that he is strong we just have to wait to see how strong. Obviously being a "boss" type guy for F, he has to be strong. The fact he was holding back so much fighting Nagi was kind of scary.
6.) I know he's a hell of a lot stronger than a lot of people (despite his...I guess you would call it "small" weakness...). I can't wait to see him go all out. I think he'll end up being one of the most power full chars.
7.) Ah, Nagi Souichirou...The debate goes on. Yes, he's technically the main char and I'm sure he will be very strong but, he's not at the top yet.
8.) Obviously a good fight for Nagi. With a sick gate of his own (and the 8 or so arms before) he's nothing to mess with. Can't wait to see the out come of the last fight.
9.) She may seem weak or "stupid" but, she has a lot of potential (even Maya see's it). She just needs a little more real battle experience. When using her eyes to their full potential she could be higher on this list. Knowing everything about what they are going to to (and maybe Shin's illusion thing), that is just insane.
10.) Had to put him in. He's pretty damn good. He did almost kill Aya but she didn't die, and if fully using her eyes, she'd win.
11.) I did almost feel bad putting her this low. She is kind of good, but a little inexperienced and kind of cheap (that's the only reason she got as far as she did with Maya, but it was still a good fight).
12.) Bob obviously has a LOT of "power" (even Asshat was scared, and he lost some followers ^_^ ). He should probably be higher but we haven't seen him do much. He did get a complement from and offer to join Mitsuomi.
13.) He was cool. Too bad he still lost kind of bad.
14.) He's on here for being a pimp and for his army of hotness. :oops:

That'll do for now. I know I'm missing some people like Fu Chi'en, but we didn't get to see him do too much...
"Fithos lusec wecos vinosec"
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Sacrin wrote:11.) I did almost feel bad putting her this low. She is kind of good, but a little inexperienced and kind of cheap (that's the only reason she got as far as she did with Maya, but it was still a good fight).
Well, I think you placed her right, but I don't think that she's inexperienced in fighting - remember whom she fought until today. She had a short one against Bunshichi, then she faced Fu and held him in check (in fact, he did not even hit her once, because Shin popped in), then, she got crucified by Shin, and that's only from the past-arc.

So, she seems to have had quite a lot of fights, otherwise she wouldn't have been vice president of the enforcement group.

But I agree that she isn't as strong as people like Ishiyumi and stuff, but I would have Bob's and Aya's places changed - I think that Bob's definitely a better fighter than Aya because he can take lots of damage, while Aya seems to be the type who can't take much of a beating.
Bomb me, please.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

1.) Tawara Bunshichi
2.) Takayanagi Mitsuomi
3.) Natsume Shin
4.) Natsume Maya
5.) Ishiyumi Tetsusen
6.) Takayanagi Masataka
7.) Nagi Souichirou
8.) Tsumuji Mataza
9.) Natsume Aya
11.) Isuzu Emi
12.) Bob Makihara
13.) Sagara
14.) Asshat
Hmmm, As much as i am a big fan of Masataka i got to say that as far as I have seen, Nagi is stronger than him. Nagi may (oh!great may switch this on us??) Topple all those guys. Sure Masa dam near took his manhood and fighter's self respect, but imagine if they fought now with all the powers and such :? . Maybe it's just me but I don't see maya being that strong. I think sooner or later Aya will best her. Also, I'm still confused as to how Asshat got into both groups and we never seen him fight, or who trained all these guys orignally to be fighters (or am I to believe they were all born fighters)

But dam, you got a pretty close ranking there :wink:
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

Cmon picking the main character to be on top is no fun, especially when it's a bastard like Nagi ;0
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Hmmm. A ranking list like that will often change depending on the situation. For example, Aya or Shin can be ranked higher if their Dragon's Eye kicks in, or if a situation calls for Masataka's expertees, then certainly he'll be rated higher as well. You really can't tell in the long run--especially when some of those in the list are tied up with someone else.

This isn't DBZ where a few power points can mean life or death, you know. However with regard to progress, I think a list like that can keep track of where they are in the present.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:Hmmm. A ranking list like that will often change depending on the situation. For example, Aya or Shin can be ranked higher if their Dragon's Eye kicks in, or if a situation calls for Masataka's expertees, then certainly he'll be rated higher as well. You really can't tell in the long run--especially when some of those in the list are tied up with someone else.

This isn't DBZ where a few power points can mean life or death, you know. However with regard to progress, I think a list like that can keep track of where they are in the present.
I agree, Especially in diffrent match ups like Aya versus Izuzu may have a diffrent outcome than Maya Versus Izuzu, or Masataka Versus Ishiyumi Tetsusen as compared to Nagi Versus Ishiyumi Tetsusen
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

Sacrin wrote:
1.) Tawara Bunshichi
2.) Takayanagi Mitsuomi
3.) Natsume Shin
4.) Natsume Maya
5.) Ishiyumi Tetsusen
6.) Takayanagi Masataka
7.) Nagi Souichirou
8.) Tsumuji Mataza
9.) Natsume Aya
11.) Isuzu Emi
12.) Bob Makihara
13.) Sagara
14.) Asshat
I don't quite agree with the arrangement.

Here's my arrangement. And anoter problem, are judging overall? Or you judging by tecnhique, power, speed, or defense?