Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Nutter
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nutter »

Hello everybody!

Well I was surfing the web and came across some awesome wallpapers and following the trail it lead me to TT and all I can say is WOW.

As a complete newbie though I gotta ask some stupid, and hopefully not overly, obvious questions. Also I apoligize if I should be posting this somewhere else!

1. I have seen all the chapter/volumes for download and the things you need to download them with but if I understand it correctly, its like a share system where everybody downloads from everybody....or am I getting it wrong? Could someone please explain it in idiot terms?

2. I have read that some of these programs like Azerous (spelling?) seems to have alot of problems. Is this true? And how hard is it to uninstall and remove without problems?

3. If you dont choose the route to get the programs (BitTorrent etc), is it possible to download translated chapters and stuff just normally?

4. I have heard that it can be pretty "hardcore" and extreme, is it really that bad? Considering I'm using a family shared computer I don't really want, or care for, a comic that is an excuse to have hentai and nothing else interesting in it.

5. Is the art really has cool as it looks? The wallpapers I have show a girl in a turtle neck-like sweater holding a katana (think her name is Natsume Maya)

This questions have really been annoying me whenever I consider getting TT, and being in Australia getting anything manga or anime related is sorta like trying to draw blood from a rock so I miss out on alot of really cool stuff :(

And Thanks for all your help!
And excuse me if there is any glaring spelling mistakes, its late.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Re: Newbie

Post by Isuzu »

Nutter wrote:Hello everybody!
Hello to you. ;)

1. I have seen all the chapter/volumes for download and the things you need to download them with but if I understand it correctly, its like a share system where everybody downloads from everybody....or am I getting it wrong? Could someone please explain it in idiot terms?
I guess you understood it - that's how BitTorrent works.

2. I have read that some of these programs like Azerous (spelling?) seems to have alot of problems. Is this true? And how hard is it to uninstall and remove without problems?
I'm using Azureus, too, and I didn't have any problems with it. Probably, those people who were complaining about it were using older builds of that software.

Azureus doesn't include an uninstaller, as far as I can see, so deleting it should be sufficient to remove it from your pc.

3. If you dont choose the route to get the programs (BitTorrent etc), is it possible to download translated chapters and stuff just normally?
Nope, it isn't, because that much webspace isn't cheap.

4. I have heard that it can be pretty "hardcore" and extreme, is it really that bad? Considering I'm using a family shared computer I don't really want, or care for, a comic that is an excuse to have hentai and nothing else interesting in it.
It isn't hentai - you may see naked boobs, but nothing more. Ah, and two girls get raped, but you don't see much of that.

5. Is the art really has cool as it looks? The wallpapers I have show a girl in a turtle neck-like sweater holding a katana (think her name is Natsume Maya)
It's even cooler. Wait till you see Isuzu Emi. ;)
Bomb me, please.
Nutter
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thanks!

Post by Nutter »

Thanks for those helpful answers. Nice to know it isn't as bad as people described, drama queens.

Unfortunately I have more questions now

1. So what are peoples opinion of Azureus (good, bad, bloody awful)? I know some people didn't have problems but the thing I read on a forum about somebody losing most of their internet stuff wasn't overly appealing. Also is it possible to like turn it on and off when you don't want people downloading and stuff? Sorry if these are obvious questions! :oops:

2. Are viruses common when using stuff like Azureus? I have never used something like this so I'm completely ignorant towards it. Also are there any privacy issues with using it?

3. Generally, whats the size and time taken for a chapter to be downloaded? Any other special programs needed to read it?

4. Anybody know some cool websites with wallpapers of TT? :P

And I just have to say that TT looks stupidly cool and the art is bloody fantastic! By the way you made the comic series and have they done any others?

Thanks for all your help!!
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: Thanks!

Post by FuguTabetai »

Nutter wrote:Thanks for those helpful answers. Nice to know it isn't as bad as people described, drama queens.

Unfortunately I have more questions now

1. So what are peoples opinion of Azureus (good, bad, bloody awful)? I know some people didn't have problems but the thing I read on a forum about somebody losing most of their internet stuff wasn't overly appealing. Also is it possible to like turn it on and off when you don't want people downloading and stuff? Sorry if these are obvious questions! :oops:
I think Azureus is one of the best BitTorrent clients - it is very configurable, and has many options. Those are bonuses in my opinion. You don't run any risk of losing all your "internet stuff" with Azureus any more than you do with any other BitTorrent client. You can disable uploading when you are done downloading a file if you like, or you can just quit the program entirely to stop all uploads and downloads. You can tell Azureus not to upload at all while you download, but you will probably get terrible download rates if you don't upload. That is part of the BitTorrent protocal design.
Nutter wrote: 2. Are viruses common when using stuff like Azureus? I have never used something like this so I'm completely ignorant towards it. Also are there any privacy issues with using it?
Viruses are a problem to the extent that you download things that you don't know from sources that you don't trust. Using common sense will keep you virus-free.
Nutter wrote: 3. Generally, whats the size and time taken for a chapter to be downloaded? Any other special programs needed to read it?
Chapter are about 10 Megabytes each, volumes are about 50 Megabytes each. How long it takes to download depends on your connection type, and how many people are downloading at the same time. The translations are distributed as JPG files in ZIP archives.
Nutter wrote: 4. Anybody know some cool websites with wallpapers of TT? :P
uuuh.... The image gallery on tjtg.mangatranslation.com is the most comprehensive image gallery that you will find on the web for Tenjo Tenge.
Nutter wrote: And I just have to say that TT looks stupidly cool and the art is bloody fantastic! By the way you made the comic series and have they done any others?

Thanks for all your help!!
Tenjo Tenge is done by Oh! Great. He has also written "Himikoden" "Air Gear" (is that right?) "Majin Devil" and some adult comics.

fugu
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Bit Torrent is the actual program, Azureus is just a variation of it. The main advantage of Azureus is you can pick what files you want to download first (since each chapter of TJTG for example has roughly 200 jpg's for each page) Bit torrent is great in general, here's a forum thread with some more information which you may find useful : http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=503

Another alternative I recommend is ABC http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/ which is very easy to use and requires little setting up.

In general BT is much safer and faster compared to other p2p programs like Kazaa, eMule or WinMX.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

"3. If you dont choose the route to get the programs (BitTorrent etc), is it possible to download translated chapters and stuff just normally?"

Well, I had a 9 gig per month limit website, which I offered to be used as a backup mirror, assuming that people will only use it as such. Sad thing is, the entire website collapsed due to bandwidth overload within less than a day... I find it pretty amusing myself.

I guess it is better then, to have a program that would 'force' leechers to 'share' the files, like BitTorrent. Otherwise, it seems that certain people will just take free downloading for granted.
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Nutter wrote:1. So what are peoples opinion of Azureus (good, bad, bloody awful)? I know some people didn't have problems but the thing I read on a forum about somebody losing most of their internet stuff wasn't overly appealing. Also is it possible to like turn it on and off when you don't want people downloading and stuff? Sorry if these are obvious questions!
There are other alternatives, such as TorrentStorm, which is what I've been using for these past few weeks. I haven't tried Azureus, but if you want something like it--that's also dependable and has a good gui--you might want to try TorrentStorm. So far, it's rocking on my laptop.

As for alternative means of acquiring the chapters, there's also irc. You might find some chapters over there. :)
Nutter
Yuurei
Yuurei

Thanks

Post by Nutter »

Wow lots of replies.

Anyway I would like to thank everyone for helping me get on my feet regarding TT!

Again thank you for all the information!
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Newbie

Post by Banorac »

Nutter wrote:Hello everybody!

Well I was surfing the web and came across some awesome wallpapers and following the trail it lead me to TT and all I can say is WOW.

Wow, the very same thing happened to me :shock:

Though 'a certain wallpaper of Isuzu' persued me to continue the search ...

Traces of puberty lead to enjoyable reading !!!
Spike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spike »

A total n00b Q
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

[quote="Spike"]A total n00b Q
shogun gekomon
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by shogun gekomon »

hi im a newbie too,tenjo tenge is great,and its really cool you can download it like this (props fugu!)
but i was wondering,what is IRC?
also ive looked at azureus but im not sure how much of it i have to download; all of the programs in that package?or only a few?
and if im using bittorrent and i only want the first few chapters,could i just download 1-10,but stop when i think i may have enough?
hope my questions are clear,sorry if they arnt :lol:
Spike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spike »

FuguTabetai wrote: tjtg.mangatranslation.com does not ask you for a login.

If you are trying to access my JavaScript translations, it tells you how to get access: email me with a good reason for why you need access.

I do not have the bandwidth to keep those pages open to the public - as I'm sure you can tell, the site already slows to a crawl sometimes due to bandwidth limiting.

fugu
I was talking about the individual character gallerys. (The ones of characters per chapter,ect)

Now...

More n00b Q
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

[quote="Spike"]
More n00b Q
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Spike wrote:
FuguTabetai wrote: tjtg.mangatranslation.com does not ask you for a login.

If you are trying to access my JavaScript translations, it tells you how to get access: email me with a good reason for why you need access.

I do not have the bandwidth to keep those pages open to the public - as I'm sure you can tell, the site already slows to a crawl sometimes due to bandwidth limiting.

fugu
I was talking about the individual character gallerys. (The ones of characters per chapter,ect)
Those are my JavaScript translations. I don't keep them open, but am happy to give people access if they have good reasons.
Spike
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Spike »

so TenTen is kind of dead right now :cry: that sux :evil: