curiosity of chapters 68 and up

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

curiosity of chapters 68 and up

Post by TW_J »

can someone actually tell me when souichirou ever makes an appearance after he gets kidnapped by souhaku??!! its really been itching me lol i hear soo much of souhaku and the "F" group and yet it still puzzles me all i heard so far from what kurei said was that they are using souichirou as a trump card can some one please clarify if souichirou makes an appearance anytime soon after chapter 68??
Enforcer
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Enforcer »

I don't think so... Don't recall seeing him in further chapters. But then again, since I only have the raws, I can't make much sense of what they are all saying and if they are referring to him in some way.
Am curious, though, how he will come out of all this... stronger, badder, evil? time will tell... :)
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

well like i sed here is my theory

souichirou will be back stronger but like wat kurei said he's the F group's trump card meaning he'll probably end up as souhaku's puppet
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

ok this chapter confused me a bit on page 145 she cries after beating bob down the first time? and then she stops herself the second time on page 160
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Marawai Madoka is pretty clearly schizophrentic, and definitely a bit crazy. Possibly a bit because of Bob's earlier "sexual harrassment" but regardless in chap 70 (or maybe 71, I forget) we see a bit more about Madoka's back story, and it doesn't surprise me that she would be ... a bit crazy.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

nevertheless she does seem like a pretty awsome character. btw wouldnt chapter 70 be like in volume 12? darn i was hoping to see masataka battle but it looks like its not happening in this volume. oh and at www.sasugabooks.com it says that theres volume 12 but it costs 42$ rather than 8 is that real??
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

It's so expensive because it comes with Aya statue.

And speaking of ch. 68 I really liked it. We've finally seen a glimpse of Bob's potential.
But I don't quite understand why Isuzu says that "F" is a nuisance for Mitsuomi??
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

But I don't quite understand why Isuzu says that "F" is a nuisance for Mitsuomi??
Because Isuzu thinks (and rightly so) that the F aren't following his orders. Mitsuomi declared a truce between their factions until the tournament but they haven't exactly done that, since they have their own agenda.
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

hmm but i thought volume 11 was just recently released so that means 12 is out also?

oh and it kinda looks like bob went easy on her. looks as if he missed his punch on purpose.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Almost makes me feel like a doubleposter...

Volume 12 is not out, the volumes collect ~6 chapters of the manga which is serialized in a magazine. Volume 12 will be available in August or around then.

And no he didn't go easy on her, she moved her head.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Nice to see Bob in action. Finally, the big guy gets his chance in the spotlight.

However, I wonder if Mitsuomi is still interested in getting Bob to join the enforcement group. I kinda thought that his previous invitation was just a relatively minor occurrence within the story, but it seems that Mitsuomi really wants him on his side.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Hehehehe, it seemed like Oh! Great had a bit too much fun with Soul Calibur :)
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

kujoe wrote:Nice to see Bob in action. Finally, the big guy gets his chance in the spotlight.

However, I wonder if Mitsuomi is still interested in getting Bob to join the enforcement group. I kinda thought that his previous invitation was just a relatively minor occurrence within the story, but it seems that Mitsuomi really wants him on his side.
People have been assuming that the arrival of the greatest fighter of the Jyukenbo's history was Nagi Souichiro. But we don't really know that. If you look back at the descriptions given by the various Takayanagis about what the true warrior is, Bob fits the description about as well as anybody, and better than any of the folks with "dragon" abilities (Souichiro included).

And I agree with the viewpoint that Madoka moved her head. Other than the fact that he missed her, there is no indication that he was actively holding back against her. And who could blame her for moving out of the way of a punch like that? :)
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Even if I do recognize the fact that the body will remember the fruits of hard training when the mind is blank, I still found it a bit irritating when Bob started breakdancing after he was terrified.

I'm more interested in Tawara's(?) comment to Mitsuomi: "You only need one more feather to complete your 'true wings'".

What are the "true wings"? Who are the other feathers? Isuzu and co? Bah. The F? Real quality material for someone's "true wings".
Mazus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazus »

Breakdancing? :?

You do know Capoeira is his fighting style right?
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

Wasn't Mitsuomi refering to Bob ?
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

It wasn't breakdancing. Bob uses Capoeira fighting style. Many of its moves looke like dancing and involve stadning on your hands and spinning.

True wings may be a compilation of remaining families members and some other people who Mitsuomi is planning to add to this group. Bob?? Isuzu??

Oh!Great really started to twist the plot recently. Looks like the manga may run for a looooong time.
And Tawara sucks at chess.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Either my sense of humour is hard to interpret or people are taking me for a complete jackass... Oh well.

Saito, it's possible since those bubbles can be Mitsuomi's thoughts or Tawara's comments isolated since he isn't in the picture. I can't find any sense if it's Mitsuomi -> Bob though.

Dembol: I'm not sure about the remaining family members and others. A 'member' of the "true wings" sounds like a hardcore supporter of Mitsuomi, and unless the author throws another group at us out of his hat, there hasn't been much of them. Or, strong ones at that.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Not your fault Rooster, its just that there are always people on internet forums who are just SOOOOOO eager to prove the size of their virtual schlong :P

Only to find themselves missing a critical part of -fun-
Then again, they might have been intentional
"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother, my sisters, and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people. They do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla. Where the brave, may live, forever."
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

chumsy wrote:nevertheless she does seem like a pretty awsome character. btw wouldnt chapter 70 be like in volume 12? darn i was hoping to see masataka battle but it looks like its not happening in this volume. oh and at www.sasugabooks.com it says that theres volume 12 but it costs 42$ rather than 8 is that real??
42$ ???

Damn, the prices are escalating, it was just 23* a month ago :?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Just order them from overseas, or amazon JP.

It makes all the trouble go away :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

that doesn't take care of the import costs, does it ?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

I am sure it wouldn't accumulate to $42, buddy.

EMS cost 10 bucks to ship, and if you order more, its cheaper.

Actually, I tell my friend in Japan to order manga for me, and the shipping had been around $10-20 for every 10 (the most I've ever ordered) manga. I'd say its a pretty good deal, for me at least.

Even air mail, works, and its cheaper. Its REALLY not that expensive, there is no way a single volume could accumulate upt o $42 bucks even with shipping. Thats ridiculous.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

There's the problem of me not having a credit card, but I'll be 18 in twelve days, so that won't be a problem for long.
If they weren't able to order it in the mangashop I ordered it, or if it'll cost me too much, I'd most likely order it on the net.... But I'd need a good place to order it from, one that can be trusted ...
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

As I said, Amazon JP :)
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I don't speak Japanese, when I click 'display in english' it just shifts into other Japanese :?

And do they ship to Belgium ?
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

I am sure they ship to Europe and Belgium, for that matter :p

Unless Belgium is a third world country that only makes choclates :p :P :P
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Rooster wrote:Even if I do recognize the fact that the body will remember the fruits of hard training when the mind is blank, I still found it a bit irritating when Bob started breakdancing after he was terrified.
Funny, I also found it kinda irritating too--just a bit however. I don't know, but maybe because I found it somewhat predictable, or maybe typical even? Well, it is capoeira after all but whatever. Sorry, I just can't put it into proper words. It's not really a big deal though.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

TakCWAL wrote:Just order them from overseas, or amazon JP.

That's the only way Ive been able to get Ten Ten stuff. BTW, I think your 13 warrior Signature is cool :) . I have that soundbite some where in my MP3's

Banorac senpai, you need to get a Card. I don't see any other way they would do buisness with you, unless you used money order but money order can be difficult at times. :( . I don't reall like amazon JP, the prices are kind of steep. Volume 12 is still going for 2980 Yen at Mangaoh. You'll probaly pay 10-15$ for EMS but trust me its worth it if you want your stuff fast. I think 42$ for Vol. 12 is just too much, that doesn't even include shipping. I got 3 on order and I was thinking about cashing in on ebay but since eveyone is on the TenTen bandwagon now that anime is out and more people will end up buying more copies of this volume than Vol. 9, I don't see my self making as much as the Vol.9 figure is making. Also, I don't really like this statue that much, Aya looks like she's just staring out blanky into space :shock: like she's mentally challenged. The Dragon is cool.
Last edited by pv82 on Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

"BTW, I think your 13 warrior Signature is cool . I have that soundbite some where in my MP3's"

Yeah man, I love eaters of the dead. They don't make many viking movies, a pity, such great mythology, too :( I like it way better than the Greeks :P

Ok, my obsession with Valkyries needs to stop...

OOOOODDDDDIIIIINNNNNNN !! ! ! ~ ~ ~ ~

Too much valkyrie profile... too much.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

n

Post by Banorac »

pv82 wrote:
TakCWAL wrote:Just order them from overseas, or amazon JP.

That's the only way Ive been able to get Ten Ten stuff. BTW, I think your 13 warrior Signature is cool :) . I have that soundbite some where in my MP3's

Banorac senpai, you need to get a Card. I don't see any other way they would do buisness with you, unless you used money order but money order can be difficult at times. :( . I don't reall like amazon JP, the prices are kind of steep. Volume 12 is still going for 2980 Yen at Mangaoh. You'll probaly pay 10-15$ for EMS but trust me its worth it if you want your stuff fast. I think 42$ for Vol. 12 is just too much, that doesn't even include shipping. I got 3 on order and I was thinking about cashing in on ebay but since eveyone is on the TenTen bandwagon now that anime is out and more people will end up buying more copies of this volume than Vol. 9, I don't see my self making as much as the Vol.9 figure is making. Also, I don't really like this statue that much, Aya looks like she's just staring out blanky into space :shock: like she's mentally challenged. The Dragon is cool.
Yeah, I was planning on getting a card anyway for my future webcomic ^^

But I'm still going to ask at the manga shop if they could order it, tthough I won't buy it there if it's going to be over 50
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Re: n

Post by pv82 »

Banorac wrote:
By the way, not that I mind but, you really don't *have* to call me senpai ... Though it's kinda funny ^^
I only did it cause you asked :D . Ill stop, I imagine it freaks Kujoe out also.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

"And read the manwha Ragnar
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

the ragnarok manwha is totally different from the anime and game even though it came first. well i have up to 10 volumes of it and its pretty good
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:
Banorac wrote:
By the way, not that I mind but, you really don't *have* to call me senpai ... Though it's kinda funny ^^
I only did it cause you asked :D . Ill stop, I imagine it freaks Kujoe out also.
Yeah, it does. :) I just think it's weird, that's all.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

[quote="TakCWAL"]"And read the manwha Ragnar
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Meh, too bad I can't read Korean though :9
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Ever heard of official translation releases ? :twisted:

Like this ...
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Hold on just a sec. I've read up to chapter sixty-five, right after Souchirou' mom loses her other arm. Then I found the chapter where Madoka first fights Bob and all that, I think this is like sixty-eight or something. What happened to Souichirou and the rest between these two events? I can't seem to find the chapters that go between them.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Banorac wrote:Ever heard of official translation releases ? :twisted:

Like this ...
Mein gott! Thats 10 bucks per book! Thats crazy! I can't afford the English version! LOL. See, thats why I buy books from overseas, because they cheap, and I can read them, but I can't read THIS! :(

As for the movie with Tim Roberts? Nah, I am not into viking comedy :P
I was looking for something along the lines of Valkyrie Profile :P
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:Hold on just a sec. I've read up to chapter sixty-five, right after Souchirou' mom loses her other arm. Then I found the chapter where Madoka first fights Bob and all that, I think this is like sixty-eight or something. What happened to Souichirou and the rest between these two events? I can't seem to find the chapters that go between them.
Did you check the downloads page because everything up to chapter 68 is there.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

TakCWAL wrote:
Banorac wrote:Ever heard of official translation releases ? :twisted:

Like this ...
Mein gott! Thats 10 bucks per book! Thats crazy! I can't afford the English version! LOL. See, thats why I buy books from overseas, because they cheap, and I can read them, but I can't read THIS! :(

As for the movie with Tim Roberts? Nah, I am not into viking comedy :P
I was looking for something along the lines of Valkyrie Profile :P
Can't say I've seen it ... Ragnarok has also been translated into French, they're 'far less' expensive, about 6-8
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I've got some questions about chapter 68 and newer. Did Maya go to just visit Souichirou's mom or is she also going to look for him? Doesn't it seem like Aya's backing off of Souichirou a little bit? I know most people don't like this, but I can totally picutre Souichirou and Maya together.
TakCWAL
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TakCWAL »

Aya is already in love with him, while Maya sees in him her brother's shadow.

As far as I am concerned they are both in love with the guy.

Ah, anime, how wonderful...
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Thanks Fugu got the next chapters
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

Maya went to get Souichirou back because she needs him to fight for her. as like they all say, Souichirou's the trump card in all this. though i don't know what that means, but i'm guessing it's something about his exorcist heritage. and I don't think the Maya and Souichirou thing will happen, she's just probably trying to prevent him from being the next Shin.
sword
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by sword »

maya should get back together with mitsuomi :x
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

man whuts up with mitsoumi. he totally ignores his younger brothers fights. i think masataka is plenty strong already. i would like to see a brother to brother match
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

sword wrote:maya should get back together with mitsuomi
It's kind of amusing how one's opinions change over time. Right now I prefer Mitsuomi and Isuzu, unlike before. There doesn't seem to be much of a development though.

With regard to Maya and Souichirou--so far, I think she's more drawn to him as a big sister, and not as a woman in love. In my opinion, that's the closest it can get for the both of them at this point.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

A little off topic, but I loved Souichirou's reponse to Asshat giving chibi Maya a kiss on the forehead.