Where is this going?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Where is this going?

Post by solidis1 »

Where do you guys think this is all leading up to? Do you think that the manga will end with the Election Tournament or will it continue for a while afterword? What about the Jyuukenbu? Finally, where do you think the characters will end up, in strength or anything else? I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, that really depends on Oh!Great. He could just as well end it with the Election Tournament, where he settles all the issues between Kago, Mitsuomi, Maya and Nagi. It's possible.

On the other hand, he could just as well go by the way of Kentaro Miura, who does a new storyline for Berserk after the old one is done, and has been doing it for 28 volumes already. Just as possible.

We'll have to wait and see.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Uneducated Guessing from me
Its going to be hard to hold the Election Tournament without Maya (Team Captain) and Nagi (trump card) but if they hold it I suspect that is the moment Shohaku will decide to implement his plan.
Election Tournament Line up

Enforcement Group
Takayanagi Mitsuomi (Team Captain)
Isuzu Emi(Recovering but likely to be there)
Tagami(Recovering but has been really messed up)
Ryuzaki Tsutomu(Maybe Recovered, maybe he's gotten those things out of his you know :twisted: )
Saga Mask (Maybe Recoverd haven't seen him or Ryuzaki in the last Volumes :? )
Kagurazaka (The only member involved in the least amount of fights, but I suspect some hidden power :wink: )

Jyuukenbu
Maya (Team Captain)
Nagi Souichirou (Trump Card)
Aya (Dragon Eyes)
Masataka
Bob (Very confused as to which side he might end up, but Ill consider him still part of the Jyuukenbu)
Asshat
Kurei (I don't see this guy fighting at all)

Outside Factors
Tawara (Advisor of Enforcement Group, Exorcist)
Madoka Mawari (Maybe She can join the Jyuukenbu if they bend the rules)
Shohaku (Prime Antagonist)
Kabuto (Shohaku's right hand man, Familiy has a history of having strong physiques)
Tetsuhito (Mutli Dragons Gates User, possible match to Nagi)
Ishiyumi Tetsusen (Lost his Dragon, but he probably still wants to support Mitsuomi, I wouldn't be surprised if this guys makes some wierd comback)
Mataza Jr. (He will probably try to rebuild the clan with his Daddy the only way they know how :twisted: )
Enma & Mouki (Rebuild the Clan, Hopely with other clans :roll: ? They really weren't that strong So I don't see these guys making another appearance)

Possible Match ups :roll:

Takayanagi Mitsuomi V.S. Maya
Isuzu Emi V.S. Maya or Aya (Maybe Madoka)
Ryuzaki Tsutomu V.S. Bob or Nagi
Saga Mask V.S. Bob or NAgi
Kagurazaka V.S. Asshat (Whats the use of having him come back if he's not going to fight :? ) or Masataka
Tagami V.S. Aya or Asshat (Madoka)

That 's cool thing about Tenge Tenjo, none know whats going to happen? I can't wait till next month
Last edited by pv82 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Just staying within the bloodlines:

-- Souhaku vs. Soichirou
-- Mitsuomi vs. Masataka

I definitely want to see these. These match-ups have a very probable chance of happening, but we're never that sure. Or how about:

-- Bunshichi vs. Maya or Aya or Asshat's army??

I mean, let's face it. If Bunshichi is going to fight the Jyuukenbu, they might as well exploit his weaknesses! :twisted:

Who knows? Maybe the tournament will be scrapped for something else? I can see that happening with F in the picture. I'm also wondering how long Oh! Great can keep the story going. It seems he can extend the story anytime if he simply wanted to.
Saito
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Saito »

Bunshichi doenst have a weakness cause he would have lost vs izume if he really had a weakness for "B00bs"
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Does anyone know any of the Rules in the Tournament. I was wondering if more than 5 people can enter for 1 group
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I'm also for pivotal fights between:

Souhaku VS. Souichirou(But who knows what Souichirou comes back as.)
Maybe even a Souichirou Vs. Aya?
Mitsuomi VS. Maya or Masataka.
Asshat coming and kicking everyone's ass.
Bob VS. Souichirou?
Souicihirou VS. Mituomi
Mitsuomi VS. F (Is F fighting in the tournament?)
Isuzu VS. Maya(Rematch)

My only concern is that, isn't the Enforcement group mostly down for the count right now, like recovering I mean. For that matter the Jyuukenbuu is hurting, too.
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

pv82 wrote:Does anyone know any of the Rules in the Tournament. I was wondering if more than 5 people can enter for 1 group
To quote Bunshichi from volume 6 pages 185 and 186
Other then selecting 5 people, there are no rules. You can use weapons, attack fital organs, you can fight anywhere, you can fight in any way.
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

Yes, I too am wondering where the manga is going. I also wonder what the anime will do once it catches up with the manga, which it will, and apparently very soon if it continues to air every week. I think it would be neat to see an alternate storyline exclusive to the anime. And as for the manga, it may very well end with the Election Tournament. Does anyone know when will the next chapter be published?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

P_Amiel wrote:Does anyone know when will the next chapter be published?
Ultra Jump Chapters make it out in Japan around the 19th of each month, but as I have warned before, not every Issue has a Tenge Tenjo Fight. Ultra Jump seems to have 15+ manga series, but It only prints about 8 Chapters of diffrent titles a Month. So every month or so some titles take turns and switch off. Fortunely for all of us, I am very certain that there will be a Chapter this (July) month, and I am almost certain its going to come with the Colour Intro pages (If you recall the last colour insert was Madoka pulling out the gas light sabers). A collectors must. As for how long it will take to get the raws on the net, that's all up to the nice folks that scan for us :)
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

Hey, that's great! I didn't think that next month's issue would have a chapter! Can't wait! :D
chumsy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by chumsy »

i doubt it will end after the election tournament. theres just too much outside things going on. for a series thats gaining so much popularity i can see it going up the the 20s in volumes before ending. oh great know that we cant get enough of tenjou tenge :P
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

You're probably right. I think the election tournament will actually be at the end of Volume 13 and continue through 14. Volume 12 already goes up to Chapter 75 although it's not released yet so 13 could start with chap 76 or 77. The way it's going though suggests there is still quite alot of time before the tournament so I could be wrong.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I have the feeling the Election Tournament is going to being longer than that solidis. I say *at least* three volumnes worth. I mean, unlike the past arc election tournament we know a lot more about the current fighters and want to see their various fights. Could take awhile... plust there's gotta be good build up for the final fight/round.

Either way, I see TT lasting for awhile. 8)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

chumsy wrote:i doubt it will end after the election tournament. theres just too much outside things going on. for a series thats gaining so much popularity i can see it going up the the 20s in volumes before ending. oh great know that we cant get enough of tenjou tenge :P
20 Volumes :shock: . Think about how long it will be till DC catches up. I am estimating 2008 maybe 2009. More UNeducated Guessing from me, I think we will finally seen Nagi in the next chapter. I wonder what sick torture Shohaku is unleashing on him.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Yeah, unless they ask Fugu for help :D .
Seriously though, I'll bet if Souichiro is going through any torture, it's to make him stronger or to further control his gate. What Souhaku is planning to do with this I have no idea.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I think Sohaku wants Souichirou in order to complete his original goal of eliminating the demons from the world. What better way than to have Souichirou eat all the other dragons and then kill him.
Nobody1898
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nobody1898 »

I could even see Maya stepping down and not fighting and having the Takayanagi fight each other and it kinda looks like there could be a bob vs. nagi
Shinpachi
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shinpachi »

I just hope we get to see all of them fight, namely Masataka Tawara Asshat and Bob. Really, who cares about Dragon's gate fights anyway.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:I wonder what sick torture Shohaku is unleashing on him.
I could see that happening, but who knows? Maybe all it takes is one good father and son chat. (riight...) Add in some psychological manipulation for good measure and they're good to go. Then again, Souhaku did chop off Makiko's arm...

I'm really curious why Souhaku took all the trouble of kidnapping his son, when he could've raised him himself and shaped him according to his plans from the very beginning. That is, if that was his reason. It's something to look forward to, I guess. Well, at least for me anyway.
TW_J
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by TW_J »

wait a sec isnt souichirou a member of F now tho so i u cant really include him as a part of the jyuukenbu since maya kicked him out before he was kidnapped
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

TW_J wrote:wait a sec isnt souichirou a member of F now tho so i u cant really include him as a part of the jyuukenbu since maya kicked him out before he was kidnapped
Where did you get any of that? He was kidnapped. Maya did not kick him out. She slyly said that he shouldn't run off to Kyuushyuu, knowing that he would.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Yeah, she just said said that as an empty threat. I mean she is lacking in members to begin with. However, Souichiro could come back as anything, a member of F, Souhaku's puppet (but why, it's his son after all?), even something completely unexpected. I do hope he comes back in control of his gate though.
Norin
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Norin »

But Souhaku hunts demon hunters [Nagi] nay? So I dont think we'd see Nagi again in a very good health
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

What!? So he's a demon hunter hunter. I guess I forgot. But what do you think he plans to do to him now. I mean if he wanted to hurt him, why wait until he's opened his gate. For that matter, it's his son, so why hurt your own son. I always thought he had some greater use for him we are yet to realize.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Norin wrote:But Souhaku hunts demon hunters
No, he was hunting down all of the red feathers more or less.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

So he's not hunting down demon hunters? Makiko was just unfortunately both?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Bob and Nagi kind of represent the red and white feather's of the Takayanagi phoenix. As a team they have both the special powers and the physical power aspects of fighting covered. But as to the future, remember their talk after Bunshichi told them about Maya's past. The problem they saw was the people with powers. In order to bring about the fighting paradise, I think Nagi is going to devour all the other dragons and sadly die. Mitsuomi will probably die at the end too. Maybe one of the "other" characters may commit suicide at the end.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Does Nagi need to die? Mitsuomi will surely die soon because of his heart but wasn't Nagi supposed to become the strongest member as stated in the first chapter? Or was this Bob? Crap. The next chapter better come out soon.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:Mitsuomi will surely die soon because of his heart but wasn't Nagi supposed to become the strongest member as stated in the first chapter? Or was this Bob?
Oh! Great never made it clear. You could also throw in Masataka Takayanagi and Natsume Aya into the group, or even Natsume Maya, because the implication is that when Nagi and Bob joined the group, that led to the birth of the Jyuukenbu's strongest member. You could certainly argue that those events caused Masataka to gain what he needed to "become strong."
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, if he does survive, there's still the possibility he can end up like his mom. That would be an interesting twist actually--if he survived and ended up giving away everything (except his life) on his last battle. The manga shows a one-armed and weakened Souichirou--possibly being taken care of by Aya--and then you have the words, "the strongest" immediately below and everybody respects that claim despite how really weakened he has become at that moment.

Er, actually, the way I said it sounds comical and ridiculous. :) But I hope you get the point. Even if he does survive, there's still a possibility that he could end up making a big sacrifice in the end.
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Could be, he has changed and this sort of thing was not in his character early on. Now, though, he could do something like this but not the way you say it. On Masataka being the strongest, I'm certainly hoping for this but many people here favor Bob to be the strongest overall. Even Aya could be since Nagi is her main reason for becoming stronger. We'll see.
Nobody1898
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Nobody1898 »

It don't think that we should assume that bob or nagi are the going to be the strongest. the way Oh! great writes this story I don't think bob or nagi are really the main character or if anyone is for that matter, I mean he drop almost all the characters for 3 volumes and then dropped the new ones to come back(past arc).

It does not seem far fetched to me if Oh! great used bob and nagi to start the story because they needed the most development, if he started with maya or masataka it would have been boring, and shifted attention to one of the other members.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Nobody1898 wrote:It don't think that we should assume that bob or nagi are the going to be the strongest.
Yeah but since Masataka Foreshadowed the Appearance of "The Strongest of them All". Doesn't that count him out as being the strongest. So it couldn't be him right? Just wondering?