The Rumble Fish (TT-unrelated)

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

The Rumble Fish (TT-unrelated)

Post by Agent_Wax »

I know there are no small number of video game fans here. So... BEHOLD!
The next generation of 2D fighting Games is here, brought to you by Atomiswave/Dimps/Sammy technology!

http://www.sammyusa.com/games/atomiswav ... e-fish.asp
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/

I spent hours on this game yesterday at the arcade, and I'm telling you, the character animations are STUNNING. The game and controls itself play similarly to KOF and SF, but, man, even compared to KOF 2004, the graphics display is notches above. Your character's clothes even get torn up as you progress.

From ign.com:
A Japanese arcade fighting game featuring advanced new 2D graphic techniques (utilizing the Atomiswave arcade board) that allows for layering of body limbs and sprites to create varying animations rather than rendering a vast number of sprites. The fighting system features a combo chain system, a super move bar, and a dodge button in addition to two buttons each for kicks and punches.
I spent a lot time exploring Garnet (no, not that way, pervert :roll: ), and she's got lovely speed and versatile evasions, besides a nice pair of tats (no, I didn't get to see them :roll: ). Other fighters I explored were Zen (the all-round, balanced fighter) and Aran (Prettyboy. Dead-ringer for Asshat. Pretty fast. But annoying). Orville was just too slow for my taste, though he can quickly become a major pain as an opponent.

Look out for The Rumble Fish at an arcade near you!
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Cool, is their any way to get videos of the gameplay to see how it looks (I don't go to arcades)?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Wow! This game looks great. The 2D on this game looks amazing. For a while there, I thought I was looking at some intelligent cel-shading technique. I hope this game plays as good as it looks.

Thanks for the heads up, Agent Wax.
solidis1 wrote:Cool, is their any way to get videos of the gameplay to see how it looks (I don't go to arcades)?
Check the downloads section in here.

*The site is in Japanese btw.
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

I thought this was gonna be about the Do As Infinity Song rumble fish....

Anyways the game looks nice, but there doesnt seem to be alot of character styles to choose from...

He reminds me of Asshat
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I <3 Chun Li wrote:I thought this was gonna be about the Do As Infinity Song rumble fish....
Funny, I was thinking of the Novel written by S.E. Hinton (the person who wrote the Outsiders)

Anyways, It looks nice but, dang only 10 characters? Guilty Gear has spoiled me :D .
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:Anyways, It looks nice but, dang only 10 characters? Guilty Gear has spoiled me :D.
I agree. This game needs more characters. Not too much though. Just to have some more variety. I'm also wondering why the game is entitled "The Rumblefish." Anyways, I'm sure giving this one a try when I see it.
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

kujoe wrote:
pv82 wrote:Anyways, It looks nice but, dang only 10 characters? Guilty Gear has spoiled me :D.
I agree. This game needs more characters. Not too much though. Just to have some more variety. I'm also wondering why the game is entitled "The Rumblefish." Anyways, I'm sure giving this one a try when I see it.

Yes... Guilty Gear has spoiled all of us... (but not as much as Chun-Li)

Why is there no Chun-Li type Character? All fighitng games have one: Guilty Gear: Jam, Soul Calibur: Xianghua, Tekken: Ling Xiaoyu
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

pv82 wrote:
I'm also wondering why the game is entitled "The Rumblefish."
Rumble fish are colourful fighting fish. The idea is that if you put several fish in a tank, they'll fight each other to the death until 1 survivor is left.

I <3 Chun Li wrote:
Why is there no Chun-Li type Character?
What, you mean a Chinese cutie? You'll have to settle for the boy. Hey, it worked for them Catholic priests, didn't it? :twisted:
I <3 Chun Li
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by I <3 Chun Li »

Agent_Wax wrote:pv82 wrote:
I <3 Chun Li wrote:
Why is there no Chun-Li type Character?
What, you mean a Chinese cutie? You'll have to settle for the boy. Hey, it worked for them Catholic priests, didn't it? :twisted:

..... I have no intress in this game..... -_-