F characters

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Mawari Madoka
Yuurei
Yuurei

F characters

Post by Mawari Madoka »

hey
i want to ask you whether somebody know something about the characters in F like how old they are where they are from and things like that ...
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, it's all in the manga, so if you've read, you know the same exact things that we know.

The F are: Ishiyumi Tetsusen, Tsumuji Matazza, Mawari Madoka, Kabuto Katsumu and Kagiroi Tetsuhito. They appear to be the sons and daughters (or grandsons and granddaughters) of the former 12 Flying Phoenix God Generals, whom they have overthrown at the same time Mitsoumi has staged his revolution against Dougen Takayanagi. Whether they worked independently from Mitsuomi, or corrdinated this assault with his is currently unknown.

That's pretty much it.
pure
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by pure »

chapter 71
Madoka:"F" was told to follow mi-chan, so wer cooperated but just like the alien said, we were not under his control at all
Madoka: in the...coup' de ta 2 years ago...along with mi-chan, "F" exiled the current leaders of the families. the branch families that cause problems were suppressed, and their soldiers were lent to him...and all dissidents were...killed. all of it...was done on -HIS- orders...!!
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

The sixth member I have been wondering about could be named in Volume 9 chapter 52. When they introduce the families they have Kabuto, Mawari, Ishiyumi, Tsumuji, and Kagiroi which have all been introduced. The sixth member must be one of the unnamed family's child: Shojou, Hotaru, Kabane or Wani. Who knows which family he is from but maybe I'm wrong.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

This is going to sound dumb but
From the "F" who is Red and White Feathers?
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

I can't answer that yet but I do know that someone said Kagiroi is both and he is somewhat like Nagi. Could someone help us out?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:I can't answer that yet but I do know that someone said Kagiroi is both and he is somewhat like Nagi. Could someone help us out?
That was just in the latest chapter - 75 - so nothing more than that is known.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

pv82 wrote:This is going to sound dumb but
From the "F" who is Red and White Feathers?
Heck Ya that sounds Dumb :D . let me Flip through The Tenjo Tenge Special Edition

Lets See if this is right

Red
Hotaru
Nagi
Kabane
Natsume
Kago
Shoujou

White
Kabuto
Mawari
Ishiyumi
Tsumuji
Kagiroi
Wani
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

What do the red and white feathers mean? Is one stronger than the other?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

solidis1 wrote:What do the red and white feathers mean? Is one stronger than the other?
Chapter 8 page 16
The white feathers represent Jujitsu, fencing, and other martial art styles with an established history
The red feathers represent religion, magic, and special abilities ... The so-called "paranormal powers". All together the organization is composed of 6 styles and 36 groups (feathers) ... All together, these are called the 12 families.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I'm kinda confused with that part about "36 groups." Are those the total number of families with the branch families included? 12 main families and 24 branch families? Ugh. I hate math.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Kujoe wrote:
I'm kinda confused with that part about "36 groups." Are those the total number of families with the branch families included? 12 main families and 24 branch families?
Me too. I don't think Great really explained this. I mean, I'm assuming 'branch' refers to a related, but not descended, family from the original 12. But does that mean that each of the main families has 2 branches? Does each branch 'govern' a subtype of the main branch's specific skill? What are Natsume's branches? And which main family's branch was the Enmi family? Judging from the skills the family possessed, I'd say it's highly likely the answer is either the Kago or Nagi clan. Which means Souhako may be more insane than we think.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Can Dragon's Gates be considered "paranormal powers"? 36 groups? Probably composed of a bunch of clans will never see. we have only seen, Enma, Emi, and whatever clan Mana Belonged to, right? Wasn't Mana like a princess to one of those clans?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It was never clearly explained. "Branch" is "related" - but not necessarily by blood. It is confusing and vague, although I bet Oh! Great's got all 36 mapped out somewhere for his own sake.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote: It is confusing and vague, although I bet Oh! Great's got all 36 mapped out somewhere for his own sake.
I think OH Great is good artist and storyteller, but I also think he makes alot of this stuff as he goes along :D .
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

Maybe... but the more I read the manga, the more things fit together as a whole. He probably had the past arc completely planned and the early volumes but not after volume 8. Even still, some of the things past volume 8 were hinted at early on. No, I think he has the whole manga done out in his head.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

solidis1 wrote:Maybe... but the more I read the manga, the more things fit together as a whole. He probably had the past arc completely planned and the early volumes but not after volume 8. Even still, some of the things past volume 8 were hinted at early on. No, I think he has the whole manga done out in his head.
In the interview (from Ultra Jump Special) he talks about the importance of foreshadowing - so I think at least he has some idea of where he wants to go with things. I think TenTen might be stretched out farther than he had planned though, due to its current success.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote:In the interview (from Ultra Jump Special) he talks about the importance of foreshadowing - so I think at least he has some idea of where he wants to go with things. I think TenTen might be stretched out farther than he had planned though, due to its current success.
Yeah, that's what Im saying, without Souhaku or the F, he could have easily end this around Vol 9. I heard around another forum that this project was only planned to be 2 volumes long orignally, but was extended due to the succes it had. I guesss its was just a rumor. Don't get me wrong. I love the story and I don't mind the outstreching. I like how the series is unpredictable and how Oh Great evens things out. The only draw back is time. I don't think Ill be following this series as closely as I am if it streches 1 or 2 years more.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

The sixth member of "F" is a scion of the Shoujou family because of vague similarities in clothing. In other words, I base this on absolutely nothing, but I stand by it.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

Rooster wrote:The sixth member of "F" is a scion of the Shoujou family because of vague similarities in clothing. In other words, I base this on absolutely nothing, but I stand by it.
well, that's a pretty traditional dress, and Oh!Great seems to use it when he must draw an unknown character.. he did it with the 12 phoenix generals, which in a page were all drawn with samurai armor/traditional robes, and so on. Imo, the sixth member could be simply Souhaku, although I hope for a new character
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

well, that's a pretty traditional dress, and Oh!Great seems to use it when he must draw an unknown character.. he did it with the 12 phoenix generals, which in a page were all drawn with samurai armor/traditional robes, and so on. Imo, the sixth member could be simply Souhaku, although I hope for a new character
You have missed my point since you suggested Souhaku.

The sixth "F" member is not Souhaku, nor is it Souichirou.
Souichirou could only be the sixth if Madoka is now "officially" out of it.
Souhaku is not an underling, therefore he is not "F". Also, unless he has taken up some weird dressing codes, lost in height and doesn't stand straight anymore it isn't him.

For more reference to this check Vol10ch60p86.
sleepingtiger
Yuurei
Yuurei

Just out of curiosity...

Post by sleepingtiger »

I was trying to find the names of any spear-related techniques, and discovered that due to the recent licensing I couldn't d/l the comics to look for it myself...

...so I was wondering if anyone could give me the japanese names of some of the techniques for the spear wielding F character. Tsumuji Masataka? or something like that. (^_^);
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

My text only translations are still up, so you should be able to find the names there. I don't think there were that many, nor were they that interesting. (Tsumuji Spear Army Attack, Tsumuji Electric Spear something...)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

FuguTabetai wrote:It was never clearly explained. "Branch" is "related" - but not necessarily by blood. It is confusing and vague, although I bet Oh! Great's got all 36 mapped out somewhere for his own sake.
Well, I do remember the Kuzunoha Clan and the Isuzu Clan being mentioned in the manga. There are clearly more than 12 clans, which would then point to the possibility that there are actually 36 clans more or less--including the main 12.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Found something interesting, though probably not directly related. Perhaps this is the inspiration for Great's 36 families.

From http://www.jukokai.com/modules.php?op=m ... le&artid=5

[quote]Okinawa is the largest island in the Ryukyu archipelago south of Japan and is situated between Japan and Thailand. Although early in it
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

^Interesting.

That reminds me--the Natsume's Dragon's Eye is supposedly also recognized in China, right?

Hmmm. Nice piece of info.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

Rooster wrote:
You have missed my point since you suggested Souhaku.

The sixth "F" member is not Souhaku, nor is it Souichirou.
Souichirou could only be the sixth if Madoka is now "officially" out of it.
Souhaku is not an underling, therefore he is not "F". Also, unless he has taken up some weird dressing codes, lost in height and doesn't stand straight anymore it isn't him.

For more reference to this check Vol10ch60p86.
My point was, Oh!Great often uses those traditional costumes for characters which aren't introduced yet, it doesn't matter their height or body size. ( for example Vol 08 pg 185, the generals) And seeing as Suhaku wasn't introduced yet, it could make sense.
Also, I've been thinking lately thet Souhaku may be only a "right-hand man". Check chapter 71 pag 22... it says "F" follows ->His<- orders, but that "his" i think it's not referred to Souhaku (In page 14 of ch 70 it's Souhaku himself that speaks of ->Him<- ), but to the actual head of "F", which may be an unknown yet character.
Just my thoughts anyway, Oh!Great already proved me wrong several times since the beginning of the series :D
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Mataza-kun wrote: Also, I've been thinking lately thet Souhaku may be only a "right-hand man". Check chapter 71 pag 22... it says "F" follows ->His<- orders, but that "his" i think it's not referred to Souhaku (In page 14 of ch 70 it's Souhaku himself that speaks of ->Him<- ), but to the actual head of "F", which may be an unknown yet character.
Just my thoughts anyway, Oh!Great already proved me wrong several times since the beginning of the series :D
I think they are talking about Souhaku there. It isn't explicit, but that is what the feel of the text is.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

My point was, Oh!Great often uses those traditional costumes for characters which aren't introduced yet, it doesn't matter their height or body size. ( for example Vol 08 pg 185, the generals) And seeing as Suhaku wasn't introduced yet, it could make sense.
Also, I've been thinking lately thet Souhaku may be only a "right-hand man". Check chapter 71 pag 22... it says "F" follows ->His<- orders, but that "his" i think it's not referred to Souhaku (In page 14 of ch 70 it's Souhaku himself that speaks of ->Him<- ), but to the actual head of "F", which may be an unknown yet character.
Well, that's why I said "I base this on absolutely nothing".

And it is not Souhaku. If you had checked the page I gave you, you'd see there already are six F members, and not one of them is Souhaku.

Also, the ">His< orders" (ch71p22) is Souhaku, I don't think that can be interpreted any other way. The ">Him<" (c70p14) is obviously Souichirou, who was already kidnapped by the time that conversation happens.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

:O that's right i didn't think of Soichiro... now it's all clear, and again I'm proved wrong :lol: Thanks
I'm looking forward to see the 6th member, then
solidis1
Doushi
Doushi

Post by solidis1 »

One thing that still concerns me. In Volume 9, Chapter 55 when you first get a real glimpse of F, they only show 5 members. Then the guy says that F was in the room the whole time because the door was closed. What does this mean?
lost
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by lost »

Agent_Wax wrote:Kujoe wrote:
I'm kinda confused with that part about "36 groups." Are those the total number of families with the branch families included? 12 main families and 24 branch families?
Me too. I don't think Great really explained this. I mean, I'm assuming 'branch' refers to a related, but not descended, family from the original 12. But does that mean that each of the main families has 2 branches? Does each branch 'govern' a subtype of the main branch's specific skill? What are Natsume's branches? And which main family's branch was the Enmi family? Judging from the skills the family possessed, I'd say it's highly likely the answer is either the Kago or Nagi clan. Which means Souhako may be more insane than we think.
Not all families have a branch family, I can't remember correctly but I remember they mentioned about Nagi and Kago doesn't have a branch, and are standalone family.
Enmi is a branch of Natsume I believe.
I think branch family is a family with a different manipulation technique of their main family's power, like the Enmi family, I believe they're Natsume's branch and they open the same dragon gate as the Natsume (dragon eye) but manipulate the chi differently and made it into a new technique and ability.

Dunno the reason why Kago and Nagi doesn't have a branch, maybe Souhaku and Nagi's Mom doesn't get involved in the 12 family thing too much or they keep their power to themselves.
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

I have questions ...

1st question :

the Red Feathers have a 8th Dragon Gate (a special power) but the White Feathers haven't.

Red Feathers :
Hotaru "Dragon's Palm"
Nagi "Dragon's Fist"
Kabane ?????
Natsume "Dragon Eyes"
Kago ????
Shojo ????

White Feathers :
Kabuto
Mawari
Ishiyumi
Tsumuji
Kagiroi
Wani

the "F" are White Feathers:
- Ishiyumi Tetsusen
- Tsumuji Matazza
- Mawari Madoka
- Kabuto Katsumu
- Kagiroi Tetsuhito

but why Kagiroi Tetsuhito has the "Dragon Palm" ??

Question 2 :

Only the Feathers can open the Dragon Gates ??
And Takayanagi too ??

Question 3 :

Feathers can open sereval Dragon Gates or just one ?
If the answer is Yes, Soichiro can change his Dragon Gate (Earth), isn't it ?

Last Question :

A Red Feather can use his special power (Dragon Eyes, Fist , ...) and one of the 7 Dragon Gates at the same time ?
If the answer is "Yes", Why Shin, who used his "Dragon Eyes", doesn't open a "Dragon Gate" ?
If the answer is "No", Soichiro can use his "Dragon Fist" when he uses the "Dragon Gate" of the Earth

thanks so much for your answers !
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Wow, someone's been doing thier homewrok on the F :wink:

Some of these Question may be answered by the Ultra Jump special ed. some may not.

Heres' what i know

1) No one knows alot about Tetsuhito. I don't think we even know why he can even handle a gate. (Uneducated Guess Warning) Maybe his mother is a Red Feather :?

2) We haven't seen a non Feather person open a gate, but we have seen people who aren't part of the principal 12 feathers family control elements. That could be considered Paranormal I guess
FU - Electricity
Ryuzaki - Fire
Emi - Shadows
Emna- Illusions
I don't think the Takayanagi's can use the Dragon's Gate, but they have to have something to be on top. Right?
Let me take this chance to restate the gates
Ch. 9 pg. 42
The so-called "7 dragons" that live within everyone and govern the powers of Wood, Fire, Metal, Water, Wind and Air
It is different for different people. For some, it is through the study of martial arts, or others meditation, or thought, or emotions, but
Once the "Dragons" have devoured enough "energy" to be invoked, the gate is opened for the first time, and a "power" is born

Air Tiger Hidden Spirits Dragon
Metal Silk Voice Dragon
Blue Belt Wood Dragon
Green Belt Wind Dragon
Yellow Belt Fire Dragon
Orange Belt Water Dragon
Red Belt Earth Dragon

Each of the members of the 6 fouding red feather families have their own different and specific Dragon's Gate

3) Yes, as you have said, in the Nagi V.s. Tsumuji fight he even used Ishiyumi's Feather (BTW Ishiyumi is "or was" another white feather that could use paranormal attack "Gate")

4) Confused about the last question, Isn't using the specail powers considered "opening the Dragon's Gate"
Spawn
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Spawn »

Thanks very much ! !

for my last question :
During the Fight "Nagi Vs Ishiyumi" , Nagi opens the "Red Belt Earth Dragon" isn't it ? That is one of the 7 Dragon Gates (that Red and White Feathers can open).
But Nagi has a 8th Dragon Gate : the "Dragon Fist" (and maybe a 9th with Kago power). When Nagi becomes dark (Dark fists and dark hair) it's because he opens one of the 7 Dragon Gates and not HIS Dragon Gate : the Dragon Fist.
It's correct ?
My question is : Nagi has never used the Nagi power the "Dragon Fist", isn't it ?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Spawn wrote:But Nagi has a 8th Dragon Gate : the "Dragon Fist" (and maybe a 9th with Kago power). When Nagi becomes dark (Dark fists and dark hair) it's because he opens one of the 7 Dragon Gates and not HIS Dragon Gate : the Dragon Fist.
It's correct ?
My question is : Nagi has never used the Nagi power the "Dragon Fist", isn't it ?
Isnt the Dragon Fist The Red Belt Earth Dragon?
I think he's used it aleast 3 times
1 - crushed Ishiyumi's hand (arm)
2 - crushed Tsumuji's hand (arm)
3- Caused his mom to lose her arm (i think?)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Wow. Talk about clearing things up... :wink: Anyway, here's my contribution in this. Someone correct me if I got things wrong on some parts.
Spawn wrote:Only the Feathers can open the Dragon Gates ??
And Takayanagi too ??

The red feathers are the ones who use Dragon Gates. They comprise the groups that maintain and conduct the more occult and spiritual side of the Phoenix Clans. They represent special abilities or the so-called "paranormal powers" as the manga puts it, (Dragon's Palm, Dragon's Eye and so on) and they seem to be also hereditary as Shin, Souichirou and Aya have demonstrated. Because of this, not all of them are martial artists or warrior clans. Few members of the Nagi clan become exorcists, the Hotaru can specialize in healing, etc.

The Takayanagi Clan however are quite different. As far as I'm concerned, they're more like a white feather clan than a red feather--unless the author proves me otherwise. Mitsuomi acts like one, Masataka fights like one, and Dougen in the past was a bad example of one. Plus, the so-called Takayanagi legend of the True Warrior and Mitsoumi's claim to a 100-year war are more congruent to what the white feathers represent--martial traditions with an established and glorious history. Dougen even raised Mitsuomi to be the True Warrior--by manipulating Shin. But what matters more is the fact that they're the head clan. So the answer is no. The Takayanagi Clan doesn't have a Gate, unless of course if they have a red feather ancestor/descendant somewhere within their family tree--which is apparently the case with Kagiroi Tetsuhito. Most likely, they were a prominent white feather clan in the past that eventually reached the top.
Spawn wrote:During the Fight "Nagi Vs Ishiyumi" , Nagi opens the "Red Belt Earth Dragon" isn't it ? That is one of the 7 Dragon Gates (that Red and White Feathers can open).
But Nagi has a 8th Dragon Gate : the "Dragon Fist" (and maybe a 9th with Kago power). When Nagi becomes dark (Dark fists and dark hair) it's because he opens one of the 7 Dragon Gates and not HIS Dragon Gate : the Dragon Fist.
It's correct ?
I'm with pv82 in this. I pretty much understood it the same way he did. I also think the Dragon's Fist belongs to the Earth Dragon, which also allows one to somehow "eat" and use the Gates of others. Whether it's temporary or not, I'm not really sure. The only ability that I know of that's originally that of the Dragon's Fist is that punch Souichirou gave to Ishiyumi. (vol.9, pp. 94-95) As for Kagiroi, we'll just have to wait and see what's his story. It can get really confusing since there are also branch families to consider.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Hm, not sure if this belongs here (there was some question about it before) but I just translated the blurb on Mawari Madoka in the F Characters part of the Tenjo Tenge Special issue, and the only clue it gies to her age is that she's in middle school. So, younger than the others, but possibly only a year less than Souichirou and Bob.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

The thing Makiko said may answer some questions too,
The so-called "7 dragons" that live within everyone and govern the powers of Wood, Fire, Metal, Water, Wind and Air
It is different for different people. For some, it is through the study of martial arts, or others meditation, or thought, or emotions, Once the "Dragons" have devoured enough "energy" to be invoked,the gate is opened for the first time, and a "power" is born
Maybe Dragons gates aren't limited to Red Feathers
Each of the members of the 6 fouding red feather families have their own different and specific Dragon's Gate
Never specifies that only Red Feather can use or learn gates.
(Assumption) Heck, for all we know, Bob may be able to Open a gate :shock:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:Maybe Dragons gates aren't limited to Red Feathers
Of course, everybody has the potential for opening Gates. Such things have to start from somewhere after all. It's just that under the present system of the Clans, it's the red feathers' duty to specialize in them. I assume things got settled into place eventually, and that's what they have today.

What I do know however, is that the red feathers have been imprisoning (possibly also executing--I'm not sure..) their own kind--those who have shown such powers--in order to maintain a certain status quo. (for more info: Vol.8, pp. 18-19) I guess it grew to become dangerously hereditary as time passed by.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

pv82 wrote:
Maybe Dragons gates aren't limited to Red Feathers

Of course, everybody has the potential for opening Gates. Such things have to start from somewhere after all. It's just that under the present system of the Clans, it's the red feathers' duty to specialize in them. I assume things got settled into place eventually, and that's what they have today.
Yeah, I think that too. Maybe it was Sohaku who trained [F] to use also red feather magic. For example i assume Ishiyumi was using the Water dragon gate when he fought with Soichiro. I agree on the fact that gates can be used by anyone (with proper training, of course), whereas the red feather exclusive techniques are "Dragon's eye, palm etc..." because they're ereditary. The dragon Fist ability isn't explained very clearly though, is it? As far as we know, it could just be the ability to steal energy (like Makiko did)
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Mataza-kun wrote:red feather exclusive techniques are "Dragon's eye, palm etc..." because they're ereditary.
By the looks of it, none of those techniques are exclusive by heredity. It sounds like the 6 red clans came up with thier own gates, but as you said even those can be taught.
Example: Tetsuhito- White Feather whose familiy is only supose to be artilery experts, uses the Dragon's Palm, his gate seems to be even stronger than the Red Feather's Hotaru
BTW, I don't think it was specified that Souhaku trained anyone to use any Gates. Futhermore, doesn't it seem wierd that he would teach a technique that he is trying to destory?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, at least I'm quite sure that the Dragon's Eye, Fist and Claw are somewhat hereditary. I doubt Shin's parents would teach the Dragon's Eye to him just imprison him in the end. And I doubt Shin would teach Aya of all people to use it at such a young age. The same goes for Makiko and her son, since she was pretty much against the idea of Souichirou going to school in Toudou Gakuen. Dougen and co. even had to force Nagi to transform on his own, while Mataza simply ripped his half-brother into shreds out of sheer anger.

And there's also Reiki--which Shin needs in order to properly control the Dragon's Eye. Isn't that a family heirloom of the Natsume family?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

FuguTabetai wrote:Hm, not sure if this belongs here (there was some question about it before) but I just translated the blurb on Mawari Madoka in the F Characters part of the Tenjo Tenge Special issue, and the only clue it gies to her age is that she's in middle school. So, younger than the others, but possibly only a year less than Souichirou and Bob.
I wanted to make her a very pitiable character, since her original position is very dangerous as there is a very high chance of death in the places she is sent, so they gave her that position to use her and throw her away. But I got a lot of criticism that it was just too much. She's in middle school.

I think that he should have ignored the criticism, She's not the First School Girl Assasin Type. Anyone ever heard of Kite (you don't even want to know how far they go with her char), Mezzo Forte, Gunslinger Girls. Now those where dangerous roles.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:I think that he should have ignored the criticism, She's not the First School Girl Assasin Type. Anyone ever heard of Kite (you don't even want to know how far they go with her char), Mezzo Forte, Gunslinger Girls. Now those where dangerous roles.
From what has been shown so far, Madoka's life is like a ray of sunshine compared to the lives of the characters from those three shows.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

kujoe wrote:
pv82 wrote:I think that he should have ignored the criticism, She's not the First School Girl Assasin Type. Anyone ever heard of Kite (you don't even want to know how far they go with her char), Mezzo Forte, Gunslinger Girls. Now those where dangerous roles.
From what has been shown so far, Madoka's life is like a ray of sunshine compared to the lives of the characters from those three shows.
Yes, those were some tragic stories. There not bad stories (I hear Kite is actually being made into live action movie in USA), but thier not "happy" "everythings going to get better" animes. Maybe that's why he got criticized for.

Anyways, heres something I noticed about another F memeber from the UJTTSI (Ultra Jump Tenjo Tenge Special issue).

Same Situation as "Bob's hairdo" only with Mataza

The leader of the Spear troup, which goes in after the main archery forces. I modeled them after the 7 Spears of Shizugaoka. They became the 8 spears because I unified the image of Mataza's Spider and the Spears. Since it was a real pain to draw the actual machine he carried on his back, I really hesistated to do a two page spread of him. I like him because his character stands out.

My First impresion of the mechanial spider spread was " Man, that must have been a pain in the ass to draw". Apprently it was, because he spends the rest of the fight without it.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Not exactly related to F, but it seems Oh! Great has a thing with hairstyles. :lol: This one concerns Aya: (from the UJTT Special)
When she swings her sword, her hair swings with it... That's the kind of flow that I wanted. But now I've come to regret it because it's so much trouble... Since then I haven't been able to catch up with all my work, and I've been sweaty as hell... Sorry!
I think you could also see this in how many times Nagi's hairstyle changes.

Anyway, the interview also mentions Kagiroi as F's "most important secret." So how does he fit into Souhaku's plans, and where does that place Souichirou? Oh well. New questions as always...
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

But now I've come to regret it because it's so much trouble
So, does this mean Aya will cut her hair like Bob's ? :lol:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Mataza-kun wrote:
But now I've come to regret it because it's so much trouble
So, does this mean Aya will cut her hair like Bob's ? :lol:
He could just have her hair in a ponytail when she fights, (not to much swinging. Or maybe a Buzz Cut :P
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

She actually used her hair as a weapon in the past. May be feasible again in future...