Anyone else having trouble playing Aone's subs?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Anyone else having trouble playing Aone's subs?

Post by EliteF22 »

Aone's sub of Tenjho Tenge eps.11 & 12 keep crashing my players when I try to watch them. Has anyone else been having the same problems as me when trying to play Aone's Tenjho Tenge subs eps.11 & 12?
SaberStrykeX
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by SaberStrykeX »

Yeah, I've been having problems too. They crash both my media player and my divx player.
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

They work fine for me.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Perhaps you're having codec problems?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Hmm, apparently something was wrong with my divx codec. I installed 5.2 and it works fine now.
Tetsuo
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tetsuo »

I found after uninstalling my divx codec and just using xvid codec it worked better. That also removed some of the pixelation that was occuring.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

These episodes crashed all my players, but then I installed fddshow and everything was ok.
P_Amiel
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by P_Amiel »

I had the same exact problem, and since I never had any problems watching 1 through 10, I never thought it as a codec problem. I ended up posting everywhere to try and find a solution. It turns out that the person who encoded 11 and 12 was different than the people who encoded 1 through 10, so naturally, something had to be different! :roll: My DivX 5.1.1 would not properly decode the files, so I installed XviD 1.0.1 as recommended by some kind-hearted people. It worked like a charm. But if EliteF22 is correct, then I'd rather install DivX 5.2, since I'd like to work with just one codec. Does DivX 5.2, like its predecessors, still have spyware? :evil:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Well, I'm not an expert when it comes to codecs, but it was brought to my attention that the divx 5.1.1 codec has a bug which made it quite problematic with regard to image quality. It's recommended that you stick to 5.1 (or 5.1.0, not 5.1.1!), or 5.2--though I'm personally holding on to 5.1 until 5.2 becomes really necessary.

I have divx 5.1 and xvid 1.0 in my system, and both are configured to do their original work. I also have ffdshow--since it's quite handy to have around just in case. (It just needs to be configured properly.) And so far, I have no problems whatsoever.

When there seems to be a problem with a certain codec, uninstall it and install it again. That may solve the problem for some people. Also, be sure to stay updated (especially with regard to xvid) and when all else fails, there's always reinstalling windows as a last resort. :wink:
P_Amiel wrote:Does DivX 5.2, like its predecessors, still have spyware?
Just get the codec itself, which is free. It's the pro version which has the spyware.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I just notcied some pixelation. I wonder if this will show up on my Kiss450, there should be a firmware update sometime soon.

I got to commend AonE for there releases. They got muiltple series going on at the same time and they still release good fansubs.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

pv82 wrote:I just notcied some pixelation. I wonder if this will show up on my Kiss450, there should be a firmware update sometime soon.

I got to commend AonE for there releases. They got muiltple series going on at the same time and they still release good fansubs.
You should probably give them props somewhere where they are more likely to read it...
Sleepy Weasel
Doushi
Doushi

the player

Post by Sleepy Weasel »

Use media player 6, not wmp9... 9 is well... crap :P