TenTen/Ikkitousen side-by-side images

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Re: SOOO

Post by FuguTabetai »

koukin wrote:What is Tenten even about? like ikki tousen, or just the art style? :?
it is a manga. didn't you check http://tjtg.mangatranslation.com/ before posting? there is a review linked from there.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: anime findeer

Post by zangetsu »

The Rob Lifefeld comparison was already mentioned. Looking back, it's hard to belive he was so popular in the 90's.
koukin wrote:Can anyone tell me a site for the translated, DVD anime?
for a relatively cheap price.
i wanna see wat its like. :P
(Ikki tousen)
or a site about Tenten
Well, theres the site I got my Boxset from, Discount anime DVD.com, for about 20 bucks...but it's bootleg, so I'm not sure if I could link it? I think they have an english version out too? I'm not to crazy about this show. The 2 villians were just way to annoying. and the only cool characters, Kanwuu, Tishigi, Ukitsu and my fav the guys from Kyosho, barly did anything. I would've loved to have seen Sousou fight just once, but it never happend.

Anyway, you guys are right about Ikki stealing from Ten Ten. Just look at Koukin. He looks exacly like the manga version of Masataka and he's the resident nice guy who's always freaking out over a girl.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Re: ripoffs

Post by moyism »

TeamJyukenbuu wrote:Another off topic is that I have been hooked on Air Gear, another of Oh! great's recent works and I think he exacted revenge. There is a character in AG that looks like Ryomou from Ikkitousen, except he's a guy. If I can get my scanner fired up I will post a pic up for all to see. Its pretty funny. short hairstyle, similar eyepatch, and a nasty disposition with a twist.
yep, most of us know about this series too. There's thread over in General Chat about Air Gear. http://mangatranslation.com/cgi-bin/php ... .php?t=425. I just ordered vol 1-6, which I'll hopefully get this friday :D
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Re: anime findeer

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

zangetsu wrote:The Rob Lifefeld comparison was already mentioned. Looking back, it's hard to belive he was so popular in the 90's.
what has rob lifefeld work on?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

He worked in the American comics industry. Some of the books he worked on are X-Force and Youngblood just to name a few. I'm not sure if he's still penciling though.

Rob Liefeld really has a piss awful drawing style in my opinion, but I guess during his height, he designed some characters that were memorable and likeable enough for many readers. But that doesn't mean he's a god in character design.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Another off topic is that I have been hooked on Air Gear, another of Oh! great's recent works and I think he exacted revenge. There is a character in AG that looks like Ryomou from Ikkitousen, except he's a guy. If I can get my scanner fired up I will post a pic up for all to see. Its pretty funny. short hairstyle, similar eyepatch, and a nasty disposition with a twist.
Aside from the eyepatch, which actually serves a function in AG, Agito and Ryomou are nothing alike. Agito's much cooler and Akito's much funnier.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

Yeah they never did explain why Ryomou wore that Eye patch. wich was weird, since she could see just fine Was she trying to give her enemies an advantage like Zeraki Kenpachi from Bleach?

:lol: I used to love Rob Liefeld's comics as a kid. Becuase they were nothing but fighting, with no story to get in the way (wich I hated back then) and because I could actually draw his characters. I had them all. X force, Prophet, New Men, Sword and Stone, Brigade and Youngblood. Actually, I still have 'em somewhere.

Back on topic. Gakshuu also sorta reminds me of Bob. A big weak dude (compared toi the others) who may or may not be Black. I know Bob is, but I'm not sure about Gakshuu, what with his name and all.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

zangetsu wrote:Yeah they never did explain why Ryomou wore that Eye patch.
I think that was a pretty obvious attempt at Ayanami Rei fanservice.
Mazus
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Mazus »

zangetsu wrote:Yeah they never did explain why Ryomou wore that Eye patch.

She has a deformability in her eye and doesn't want people to see it.