Air Gear

You can talk about random stuff here - for example, Yui Toshiki's Kagome Kagome, or just other random stuff.
scifiwizard

Air Gear

Post by scifiwizard »

It seems like Tenjyo Tenge 11 won't be out too soon since Oh Great! is doing another series called Air Gear and supervising the Tenyo Tenge anime (from what I heard). Ushi started scanslating the series, but stopped due to a French site stealing all the scans. I have all 5 volumes of Air Gear and I can scan the series, I just need someone to translate and edit the series. Anyone interested?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'm not interested in Air Gear. I have little interest in the EXTREME anything genre.

I prefer to translation manga that I think is either interesting, or under-represented.

Which makes me feel bad that I put out a volume of Kagome Kagome, because it is pretty bland in general...
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Maybe try contacting Ushi....
They'll probably be interested.
dDave
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by dDave »

Howdy,
FuguTabetai wrote: Which makes me feel bad that I put out a volume of Kagome Kagome, because it is pretty bland in general...
Nothing wrote with guilty pleasures.

Best,

Dave

Post by Guest »

i'm looking for a site that sells the Air Gear mangas in Japanese, all 5 volumes thus far. i found volumes 1-4 in Chinese but would prefer them in Japanese. Any help would be appreciated.

also if someone already has them and would be willing to scan them, doesn't matter what language u have them in, for a scanlation group, that would like to do Air Gear, please email me mellowmut@yahoo.com
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Any site that can get Japanese manga can get Air Gear. You could special order them from Kinokunia if you like. Amazon.co.jp would work. It shouldn't be hard to find them.
Shiki
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Shiki »

Snoopycool is going to start doing AirGear.

Post by Guest »

Snoopycool is going to start doing AirGear.
Yes, but that is NOT an excuse not to purchase the manga if you read it and if you are able to.

Agent Wax[/quote]
dralan

Post by dralan »

snoopy stoped doing air gear. do to ushsi not translating it anymore
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ eh? unless I've read their page wrong or they've decided something w/o posting the news, seems like SC will translate Air Gear.

Isn't it *cause* Ushi decided to stop translating Air Gear that SC was willing to take over the job themselves?

so yea...
Fulsion
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Fulsion »

Read Ushi and SC main pages.

Moyism you are right on. Ushi dropped Air Gear. SC expressed interest so they are doing it now.

In fact, SC just released chapter 8 of Air Gear. (also get my hit of Midori no Hibi/Yakitate there, ah shit those manga is damn funny :))
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

yeah and i edited most of that midori :P.
no we(im in SC) havent dropped AG.
Anubis_N

where can i get it?

Post by Anubis_N »

i was wondering where i can find air gear,.,, cos i've been looking and all the links i found where either down, moved, dead, etc...

help plz
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

i was wondering where i can find air gear,.,, cos i've been looking and all the links i found where either down, moved, dead, etc...

help plz

http://www.nippon-export.com
Anubis_N

air gear

Post by Anubis_N »

i meant where can i download it..... all da websites are dead....
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

ushi was doing the first couple of chaps but decided to drop it. Last I heard SnoopyCool picked up where they left off.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Re: air gear

Post by Dembol »

Anubis_N wrote:i meant where can i download it..... all da websites are dead....
Check IRC. Everything is findable there. You just have to look carefully enough. There are a lot of tutorials about IRC leeching so you shouldn't have any trouble if you find a decent one.

Myoism: Yup, Snoopy is doing it right now. They released 1 chapter of it up to date. It's really their slowest project. :twisted: Ah...whatever...We'll just have to wait a bit longer :(

BTW Does anyone know any sources for Airgear RAWs??
LoathedFate

air gear

Post by LoathedFate »

SC has STOPPED translating Air Gear. Anyone know any other Air Gear translation projects, or is another group planning to pick up it?
burrowowl
Doushi
Doushi

Post by burrowowl »

Have they properly dropped the title, or are they just being really slow? I figured they were just taking their sweet time. They have plenty of other titles, after all.
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

now now mr. guest, please don't spread any weird rumors without a reliable source.

Gotta love two things: how you emphasized your word, and the "group is slow/dropped/licensed, anyone else picked it?"-posts.
if you excuse me now, rofl
LoathedFate

Air Gear

Post by LoathedFate »

Oops... It seems I misread something on SC's Air Gear page. :oops: After combining that with the fact that the project has been going slow, I assumed it was dropped. After going back to the page, I still don't know how I misread it? So, please don't ask. I'm sorry about starting a false rumor. I hope that I didn't confuse anyone too bad.

Again, sorry. :oops:
Starakin
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Starakin »

hmm, I don't remember running into snoopy saying anything about AG. Anyway, don't worry about it since everyone seems to be happy around here.
have fun and expect some very soon.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

snoopycool just released chap 10-12 of air gear 8)
aznwhitefire

Post by aznwhitefire »

did they release it on irc? *sigh* too bad i dont know how to use it. :cry:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

probably, but I got mine through bt. :D

good chaps. gotta love smica :wink:
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

moyism wrote:probably, but I got mine through bt
Where?? How??
I'm living at a friends house right now and I can't use mirc here?? Some links would be much appreciated.

EDIT: LOL...stupid me....the answer was so simple....Don't bother...I found it ;)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

cool, my shipment of manga arrived.

yay 8)
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

the masataka cover almost looks like it belongs with air gear :shock:
Agito
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Agito »

The link at Snoopycool is working for me. It's ftp instead of http though, but you can access it by a browser (IE6 for me). If anyone is still stuck:

ftp://af7.myftp.org/Air_Gear/index.html
or the url below, click on where you see "click here"
http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/airgear/index.htm

Air Gear is a good series I think. I got to know about it before I know about Tenjou Tenge.

The art is one of the best I've ever seen (of course coz it's by Oh Great!). The movement and poses are just too cool. Many of the team uniform and emblem designed by Oh Great are stylish and creative.

The characters make you either really like them or really dislike them. As with myself, I like Akito, Agito, Rika and Mikan. Others that I don't like as much are Ikki and Simca.

I admit the story doesn't get good until volume 4 or even 5, when the potaganist forms his own AT team. But that's my personal opinion.

Air Gear has mild hentai and nudity in it. It's not as bad as TT since it's aiming at a younger audience.

I think it is a series that's worth collecting. I've got all 6 volumes on my shelf right now :D Can't wait to get tvol 7.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Vol. 7 went on sale across Japan yesterday.

http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/search_v ... 634159&x=C
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Did this get licensed :?:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

to my knowledge, not yet. Hopefully if TT does well in the US, DC or some other company will license it.. :D
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

what about this, isn't this a big manga company?
May 2, 2004 - Air Gear has been moved to the SC site from Ushi, who has dropped the project. But this is a Kodansha manga, soooo~ you'll have to figure out how to get to it, now won't you.
From SC

if im not mistaken, this is the same company that told them to take off thier majin devil scans
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

I meant a US company that will translate it. I think Kodansha is like the publishing company or something.... but yea.

No US company has Air Gear as far as I know. Just going to have to settle for SC translations and the actual manga. (damn it, I really really got to start learning japanese)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

yay, SC just released chap 13-14 of air gear :)
ad

Post by ad »

who is in Ikki's team ?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

well currently in what SC has translated, Ikki doesn't have a team. In the more current volumes, he does... It includes:

(crap, can't remember any of their names.. so)
- Ikki
- Fat Dude
- Ikki's two best buds
- That shark kid.

Yea, not the best description.... hehe.
ad

Post by ad »

what happens between him and that girl who likes him (not simca, the other one) and what happens with simca ?
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Booooo!! Guys....don't make spoilers.....or at least white'em out :twisted:
Some people are still waiting for their Air Gear package....

As for the last chapters....The plot is slowly starting to move forward...and I just love the 2page drawing of the fat dude and a tank...

Post by Guest »

ad wrote:what happens between him and that girl who likes him (not simca, the other one) and what happens with simca ?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ "this" and "that". :twisted:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

chap15-16 out by SC!
stv

Post by stv »

moyism wrote:chap15-16 out by SC!
weeeeeeeeeeeee :P
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

chap 17! start of the first parts war e class! :D
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

moyism wrote:chap 17! start of the first parts war e class! :D
Yeah! Finally some action! And today I got my package with 6 volumes of AG :D
When I read only what's available on scanlations I thought that it's a series aimed at younger people...but when I checked later volumes I was kinda suprised 'cause Oh! Great IMHO put way too much of fan service into Air Gear. There's a lot (and I mean A LOT) nude (or at least half-nude) chicks starting from the end of vol 3...not that I care (because I'm a man and a pervert) but I think that he could tone it down and work more on the plot (which seems weird at points...but still, I don't understand Japanese [yet] so maybe the story isn't that bad) or something more important than cute girls to make readers drool.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ I see where he has the random cute girls that aren't main or secondary characters more of a filler chapter than anything else. The plot is definitely moving in Air Gear from what I can figure out... as Ikki gets more and more deep with AirTreks and just how it has affected everyone around him. blah blah blah... hehe
goldenarm007

air gear

Post by goldenarm007 »

where can i get chapters 15-17?
i cant dl it from snoopy
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ bt man, bt. That or go to their irc channel #snoopycool @ irc.irchighway.net

Post by Guest »

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

Anonymous wrote:Volume 8 out today.

http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc2_bc/search_v ... 634507&x=C
son of a... just ordered vol 7 from animegamersusa... should have waited a bit and then could have ordered both. :?