thanks + fight 77

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

shakyninja
Yuurei
Yuurei

thanks + fight 77

Post by shakyninja »

Hey this is my first post, I've read tenten for a while now, fugu did a great job and I just wanted to say how much i appreciated it. Anyways fight 77 has anyone read this yet i am currently in tokyo and just picked it up but I can't really understand it that well, if anyone does know what is being said in the chapter i would appreciate a reply.
success usually finds people who are to busy to look for it
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Alright, fight 77 did come out with the latest UJ. I don't think anyone knows whats going on in that chapter. I don't think anyone has even seen the raws yet.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I'll translate it eventually, I should probably get the raws this weekend sometime.

But I'm busy, so you'll have to read at my pace.
jacko
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by jacko »

Dude, I guess because you are new, but it is kind of rude and disprespectful to ask if he has translated. He has already said he is pretty busy if you read other posts. Besides he doesn't have to do this for us. :o Just telling you, so you won't make the same mistake in the future. :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

I don't see it as rude or disrespectful. It's a question. I've got an answer...
but since I don't have the raws yet anyway, it isn't like much will happen. I will probably work on chap 77 before vulgar ghost daydream though. :)
BuccKevin
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by BuccKevin »

damn no action in 77.. i thought it was crap ;0
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I think it was pretty decent.

Personally, I always loved Maya as a character, even when she was a bitch, if you pardon me.

Granted, nothing happened, but it seemed like a character development chapter for Maya, with lots of flashbacks, talking and reminiscing. How cool was it to see Shin again, huh? He was somewhat different though...

And does that mean that Maya has some... a little, but some ability with the Dragon's Eye?
shakyninja
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by shakyninja »

I'm sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my intention and I'd love to upload the tenten raws I have for everyone but I haven't got a scanner.
success usually finds people who are to busy to look for it
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If anyone is interested in the RAW, it's in the channel.
Tachibana
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Tachibana »

damn.....i thought 77 would follow up with what happened in 76....looks like I'll have to wait for 78 then.. :x but nice chapter on maya, at least she's back... :D
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I would hope to see more Maya... Screw Nagi..

Although, seeing the inside of Kago's world would be interesting.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't have mirc. Can someone who has the raw of ch. 77 be kind enough to bittorent it?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Just saw fight 77.Another miss in a row IMO. It looks like it got 2 pages of interesting info. But the rest is mainly Maya

Shin makes another cameo :roll: . Stay dead dammit!
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

yea. though it doesn't do much on the action side, looks like there is a decent amount of info on the "why's" and "how's"....

Thought Shin looked pretty cool in this chap. Much more "normal"/cool look to him than the usual crazed ones from the past arc.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

Umm...At the moment I have to use a computer where don't have mirc and BT (I also can't install them, cause I'd be "banned" from using the comp by my uncle if he sees those programs...)
I'd be really grateful if sb sent me F77 RAW to dembol96@interia.pl.
It can take up 10 MB in one package.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~moytoy/tjt ... 7[RAW].zip

currently uploading it there, so the link should be valid in about 30 mins.
Dembol
Doushi
Doushi

Post by Dembol »

moyism wrote:^ http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~moytoy/tjt ... 7[RAW].zip

currently uploading it there, so the link should be valid in about 30 mins.
Thank you very much Myoism.

Nice chapter. Not much going on, but there's some nice Maya stuff. I really like the last page.
What's up with Mitsuomi and those people fighting?? Could it be that the tournament is already ?? Or maybe these are some memories of Maya??
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

that's really cool moyism

I guess I can't really be mad, since this chapter seems to be a "Build up/Filler" chapter

I've become quite spoiled after having my mind blow with vol 11 &12 and the action seen :wink:

More action, less love, less build up PLEASE! :cry:
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Dembol wrote:Nice chapter. Not much going on, but there's some nice Maya stuff. I really like the last page.
What's up with Mitsuomi and those people fighting?? Could it be that the tournament is already ?? Or maybe these are some memories of Maya??
I think that was a scene from the past after the Shin vs. Mitsuomi incident. I'm not sure though, so don't take my word for it.

Anyway, I felt that this chapter was ok for the sake of transition. It wasn't mind blowing or intense, but I suppose it was nice nevertheless. Shin looks great in this chapter as usual, and it seems he has this habit of visiting his sisters in their dreams. :wink: Heh. Makiko appears in this chapter too, and boy, is she in bad shape. I wonder if she's planning to go with Maya...
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^though I don't know how much help she'll be w/o any arms :?

... unless she can open the dragon's gate through other various parts of her body hmm?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Build-up and character development are GOOD!

Build-up is what brought us the three-dimensional Shin Natsume.... build-up is what has redeemed Mitsuomi... build-up is what has turned Maya from a mindless bombshell into a leader.

I don't think the story would be AS interesting as it was without any character development. Instant action and constant fight would be a major turn off from TJTG. Luckily, that's not the case.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I just saw the raws and understand anything!!!! So Maya decided to go somewhere at the end of the chapter? What exactly does she say?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Build-up and character development are GOOD!

Build-up is what brought us the three-dimensional Shin Natsume.... build-up is what has redeemed Mitsuomi... build-up is what has turned Maya from a mindless bombshell into a leader.

I don't think the story would be AS interesting as it was without any character development. Instant action and constant fight would be a major turn off from TJTG. Luckily, that's not the case.
Yeah your right, Things seem to be moving too slowly, IMO. Although I never thought Maya was a mindless bombshell. I do think at times she gives into her emotions too much to be a great leader, but thats another arguement.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

I like the chapter because I like Maya... and it looks like she's got some grave thoughts going on. :D
Bomb me, please.
Mataza-kun
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mataza-kun »

Well this chapter seems good, and you gotta love the last full-page drawing. Pure Oh!Great quality.
ObliVion
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by ObliVion »

EliteF22 wrote:I just saw the raws and understand anything!!!! So Maya decided to go somewhere at the end of the chapter? What exactly does she say?
She says something about using Nagi's life to stop the hundred year war.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I just read the translation, but thanks for the reply. I'm really starting to feel sorry for Souichirou, being seen as nothing but a tool for everyone else. Damn, he needs to wake and beat the hell out of everyone and find himself a girlfriend who is not involved in this whole mess.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

My bad

Post by pv82 »

Woah, I'll admit I was slightly wrong about this chapter. Its a little better now that I know what's being said. While IMO not better than the chapters in Vol. 11-12, it pretty good. This chapters answers some questions, Like why maya held out 2 yrs to fight, and Tawara didn't join the Jukenbyu. I got a question, If the Dragons Palm drains Ki, and Tetsuhito's gate is stronger than Hotaru. Then does that mean that Masataka and Modoka are weakened or do they not use KI?
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I don't think the strength of the gate determines how much KI is drained, but rather the extent of the injury. Graver injury more KI to heal it. Masa uses KI when he fights, but I don't think Madoka does. Yeah, so I would assume that Masa is drained somewhat.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

where did you guys get the translated version?
Masataka's Beeyatch
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Masataka's Beeyatch »

pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Fugu says hes going to do the script soon
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

where did you guys get the translated version?
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Did you double post? There is a link above
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

oh crap I wonder how that happen. yeah I double posted don't know how but anyway thanks for the link.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

kujoe wrote:
Dembol wrote:Nice chapter. Not much going on, but there's some nice Maya stuff. I really like the last page.
I think that was a scene from the past after the Shin vs. Mitsuomi incident. I'm not sure though, so don't take my word for it.

Anyway, I felt that this chapter was ok for the sake of transition. It wasn't mind blowing or intense, but I suppose it was nice nevertheless. Shin looks great in this chapter as usual, and it seems he has this habit of visiting his sisters in their dreams. :wink: Heh. Makiko appears in this chapter too, and boy, is she in bad shape. I wonder if she's planning to go with Maya...

I think that was her memories of the event that reduced Jyuukenbu membership to 2: her and Masataka. IIRC, Maya reformed the Jyuuken after Mitsuomi took over the Enforcement Group. Initially, lots of people sided with her. But that incarnation of the Jyuuken was crushed by the enforcement group...
co0l
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by co0l »

huh... I thought shin was just something caused by one of the enmi family butterfly illusions... *shrugs* but shin is my fav character in TT so it's good to see him in there a few times XD
shouki
Doushi
Doushi

Post by shouki »

Maya says she has been storing up a lot of Ki for a long for for the election battle. That's probably why she was in chibi form a lot of the time.

However, with her arm still healing, she can't fight at 100%, and if she gets the arm super-healed she'll lose too much of her stored up Ki.

It seems fairly clear to me that for a long time she was planning to take on Mitsuomi herself in the final. Now she can't.

It seems she's now decided to leave this critical and quite possibly deadly role to someone else - ie Souichirou.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

I'm beginning to have reservations about Maya. Seeing Souichirou as her own personal weapon to save Mitsuomi.
jas7
Yuurei
Yuurei

Maya & Mitsuomi

Post by jas7 »

I'm getting the feeling that Maya's reason for the opposition is to stop Mitsuomi from being a martyr in the 100 years war (Chapter 75). Maya herself said she didn't want to lose Mitsuomi again. And I guess, in order to stop this, she wants to use Souichirou as her weapon to stop him.

What I thought was some great info was when Shin came to Maya in her dream and said... "The reason why you let my hands go... Wasn't it because you went to chase after him (Mitsuomi)? Maya?
Then a two page spread of Maya and Mitsuomi two years ago on his bike. And Maya's words, "I don't want to... lose Mitsuomi again."

Though, it wasn't as action packed as previous chapters, it was some great info on the relationship of Maya and Mitsuomi. 2 of my fave characters. :)[/quote]
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

It was due time Maya had the spotlight on her. She got what she was lacking in this chapter, namely confidence.

Also, this chapter reinforced the need for Souichirou to grow a set of balls fast.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Started chapter 77 translation

Post by FuguTabetai »

I started the chapter 77 translation today, along with doing some other housecleaning. I moved the chapters from volume 12 into their own XML file, and set up a new XML file for chaps 77+.

Does anyone have a nice picture of the cover that I can use on the downloads page (like the other covers)?

I'll probably start doing some real translation on this chapter later tonight.

cheers,

fugu
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

I was really hoping to see masa and mit fight but I guess that out of the question. if nagi and mit fight well that just going to be lame cause all nagi have to do is open up the dragon gate use the dragon claw and water gun that he took from the other guys and kill mit without problem.

I actually hope that nagi goes crazy and kills maya and aya as well because when I think about it aya fell in love with him because of his power and maya also kind of fell for him for the same reason.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

I got a question, what's up with Makkiko, I thought she had made a good recovery? She was walking (somewhat) in Vol. 11, what happened?
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

She most definitely hasn't recovered yet. She was only able to walk because she knew Souhaku was there, she was driven by her emotions.

For reference, take Maya's broken shoulder(?), it hasn't magically healed and its been weeks already. Now, Makiko had her arm disintegrated. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick recovery.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

EliteF22 wrote:I'm beginning to have reservations about Maya. Seeing Souichirou as her own personal weapon to save Mitsuomi.
I like how it was worded out actually. Maya sounded as if she was officially asking Makiko to entrust Souichirou's life to her--or to her cause. On the other hand, it also sounded negative and too direct as Tsumuji's reaction implied. Nevertheless, she spoke with a sense of respect in her own way.
Rev wrote:I was really hoping to see masa and mit fight but I guess that out of the question. if nagi and mit fight well that just going to be lame cause all nagi have to do is open up the dragon gate use the dragon claw and water gun that he took from the other guys and kill mit without problem.
I doubt Souichirou would be able to easily beat Mitsuomi just by using his Dragon Fist. The fact that Mitsuomi can only fight for 3 minutes also implies that he has to make all his moves count within that short period. In other words, brute power isn't the only edge he has. An interesting angle I think, is the fact that Souichirou also has a "time limit" of his own--and to successfully match Mitsuomi pound for pound, might entail Souichirou to also go beyond what is necessary.

And besides, who's says Souichirou is going to fight Mitsuomi? It might not even happen.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If Maya wants to somehow beat Mitsuomi AND keep his alive, as she suggests in this chapter, she has got to somehow circumvent the 3-minute limit.

Now, all of Souichirou's techniques are either:

1) Too long (his "conventional" fight with Sagara).

2) Can be beaten by Mitsuomi (who obviously know's Forged Needle's weakness that Tawara described).

or

3) Too violent (his fight with Tsumuji Jr.)

So, here lies the paradox. To sattisfy Maya, Nagi can neither go over 3 minutes, which will kill Mitsuomi, nor go for the quick kill, which will likely be fatal to Mitsuomi as well.

Catch-22, eh? I'm eager to find out what Maya comes up with... After all, she was Nagi's main teacher since almst the beginning. She can think of something.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Unless of course, if Mitsuomi himself can resolve his 3 minute issue...which I doubt he would be able to at this point. Or they could settle for a KO and just be done with it.

Perhaps Maya has a different plan entirely and plans to use Souichirou for something else?
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

didn't Mits already resolve himself that he's going to die within an year or two anyway? I would think since he has the whole Takayangai clan and its backing, he would have had found a 'cure' by now.

It would be weird that Maya finds an answer out of the blue....
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

What do you guys think Maya will do if she does in fact manage to save Mitsuomi. Do you think she will tell him she still has feelings for him. The dialogue mentioned something about the past being behind them and the infinte possibilites of the future.