Any news from DC?

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Any news from DC?

Post by Sheky »

Doesn't seem they've mentioned anything since they announced that it was licsensed. There's a total of 8 titles mentioned but non of them are TT...I have a feeling we'll be long done with the anime series before we see vol 1. :(
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

It will probably take them a while to get Tenjo Tenge started. It sounds like a provocative title for them. Well, that's why I have my text translations up. :)
Sheky
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Sheky »

I was going to import before I found out about DC's plan. No sense in importing now that I know an English version is coming...well, unless they butcher it. I just can't afford to get two sets. And I don't want to ruin the experience by reading scans....damn this is going to be a long wait.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Are there still people doing translations now it's been licensed ?
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

A group called "Evil Genius" has picked up from chapter 75 on. I'm still releasing text translations, but not edited ones. You can check http://forum.digitalpanic.net/viewforum.php?f=3 for info from them.

fugu
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

hmm just wanted to tell you guys if you didn't know that dc licensed TenTen only up to vol 3 , couse they don't know if it will sell well
the rest of volumes is not licensed
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

buzz23 wrote:hmm just wanted to tell you guys if you didn't know that dc licensed TenTen only up to vol 3 , couse they don't know if it will sell well
Really?
You got a source on that, cause I assume that if something gets licensed most likey its everything not just 3 volumes, but it could happen.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

buzz23 wrote:hmm just wanted to tell you guys if you didn't know that dc licensed TenTen only up to vol 3 , couse they don't know if it will sell well
There's only one fish here, and that's me. Of course, I do have to send out all sorts of thanks to Ki Shodar for all the help he's given in the past, but he doesn't tend to read these forums I think. :)

I heard that DC licensed Tenjo Tenge; I've never heard of a company licensing only certain volumes. I'm positive they've done this on a series basis.

Regardless, as I said above, you can get newer chapter "edits" from other groups, all that stuff that I've still done is still floating around on the net (that's beyond what I can control) and I'm still putting out text translations of all the new stuff.

cheers,

fugu
buzz23
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by buzz23 »

i know i just wanted to tell you after all you wanted news from DC

the same thing was done by darkhorse when they bought the license for first volumes of berserk
they bought 3 vol and if it sells good they will buy the rest , but so far only 3 vol
and yes this info is from a reliable source
cheers
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Um... are you aware that they have already announced Berserk vol. 5?

So much for the reliable sources...
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

the same thing was done by darkhorse when they bought the license for first volumes of berserk
if it sells good they will buy the rest
So no, that in itself does not make his 'reliable sources' void. Not that any reliable source is a reliable source by virtue of being said to be a reliable source.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote: Regardless, as I said above, you can get newer chapter "edits" from other groups, all that stuff that I've still done is still floating around on the net (that's beyond what I can control) and I'm still putting out text translations of all the new stuff.

cheers,

fugu
Ah, I figured you'd stop Ten Ten entirely, since you sold all of your volumes :)
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Banorac wrote: Ah, I figured you'd stop Ten Ten entirely, since you sold all of your volumes :)
I've been translating off of Ultra Jump scans since the end of volume 11 for a while now.
Amon-Sama
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Amon-Sama »

well as long as translations are still up its all good :D , anyway buy the sound of wat i read, i dont think tenjou will be done for a while, but who knows, it was like the last name mentioned in the list of manga D C was doing, plus all the descption they gave was it was done by oh great, so i dont think their expecting great sales from it...

ciao
Arigato Gozaimasu!!