TenTen Raw Anime Episode

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

This is the face that comes with the realization that your days of 'therapeutic self-massage' are irretrievably over...

:twisted:
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Agent_Wax wrote:This is the face that comes with the realization that your days of 'therapeutic self-massage' are irretrievably over...

I wonder what this face signifies?

moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

EliteF22 wrote:Episode 23. Nice episode. Finally the animators were able to again do a fight that didn't totally look like a slide slow. Some extra scenes thrown in that filled in some more story about that final summer with Shin. Overall one of the best episodes of the latter half of the season.

Oh, by the way, does anyone know where I can find the source image of the above cropped picture. Its nice except, Aya in the background ruins it.
here's a wallpaper for it (note: I didn't make it, someone else did):
click on the thumbnail to get the full version (1600x1200)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

pv82 wrote:I wonder what this face signifies?
Uhm...evil? :twisted:

No, wait... :razz:

Seriously, you guys are right. He does look weird--especially with that facial expression of his when he gets his hands pulled off by Shin. I can almost imagine him saying "eh..?" just by looking at that face.

Maybe he'll look better if he ever gets animated in his undead form? :x
moyism wrote:here's a wallpaper for it (note: I didn't make it, someone else did):
Just saved it as part of my collection.

Thanks, moyism. And thanks to your buddy as well. :wink:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Well, today is the last episode of Tenjou Tenge. This sucks!

That means that they either cut the Maya/Aya fight, or Nagi's and Bob's shenanigans with Mitsuomi...

Either way, this SUCKS!!!

Let's hope for the killer episode 24, however, I am already disappointed.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Where'd you hear that Tenjho Tenge finishes at 24 episodes? Anime News Network still lists the first season run as 26 episodes long.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

NewType JP, via AOD forums.

As for ANN, man, at least you didn't offer AnimeNFO as proof. That would've been funny.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

MrProphet wrote:Well, today is the last episode of Tenjou Tenge. This sucks!
If that's right the Natsume Maya had it right a long time ago, but NM said that there is still going to be a 2 more episodes, maybe on DVD?

Offtopic:
I just saw the comercial for GITS Movie that is going to come out in theatres in US. Definitetly want to get me some of that :twisted: . I just hope it makes it way to Texas.
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

the last episode would probably show masakata doing mental unverise into nagi's heart and than making aya blow him. that would be the coolest ending in the world.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

pv82 wrote:
MrProphet wrote:Well, today is the last episode of Tenjou Tenge. This sucks!
If that's right the Natsume Maya had it right a long time ago, but NM said that there is still going to be a 2 more episodes, maybe on DVD?

Offtopic:
I just saw the comercial for GITS Movie that is going to come out in theatres in US. Definitetly want to get me some of that :twisted: . I just hope it makes it way to Texas.
[hawks] has it ripped already.
Korasoff-sama
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Korasoff-sama »

Uh

WOAH.

That is all I have to say about Episode 24.
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

Korasoff-sama wrote:Uh

WOAH.

That is all I have to say about Episode 24.
Does it have anything diffrent from the manga (New scene) does it follow it correctly?
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

yeah. come on tell us something damnit
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Episode 24 rocked! (more laters, as I compose myself, wipe off all the drool and pick up my jaw from the floor).

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rev
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Rev »

MrProphet wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!!

Episode 24 rocked! (more laters, as I compose myself, wipe off all the drool and pick up my jaw from the floor).

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
lol you suck...... wtf happen? did nagi go ssj 4 or something or did masakta become the true warrior and fuck him up?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

OK, episode 24....

They start off pretty normally, going through the usual numbers with the manga.

Mitsuomi is yaking with his dad at the Takayanagi HQ, accusing him of being a God-wannabe and ruinging everyone's life with his behind the scenes scheming. Dougen stands up to impart some valuable knowledge on his foolish son, but alas, in come the Chinese and DESTROY everything in site.

By the way, Dougen's bodyguards are the bomb. The manage to dispose of the assailants in a couple of very, VERY cool moves. Unfortunately for them, Mitsuomi pulls one out of his ass and dastardly attacks them from behind. More Chinese guys are in. Mitsuomi, like the EVIL OVERLORD he is, abuses his dad a bit (after Dougen tries to attack him with what I presume was Reiki). Really, this is pretty mean of him. Dougen looked very down and miserable (serves you right, you scheming bastard :twisted:).

Well, anyway... Mitsuomi is in control. Still, this is pretty much canon stuff. Next day he is at the Natsume residense/shrine-type of place, where he takes off his old earings and puts on those Tiffany earrings that Mana gave him as a gift. Maya comes to see her brother and Mana's shrine and Mitsuomi gives the whole "TENJOU TENGE YUIGA DOKUSON"-spiel about how he is the king, so you're either with him or against him. Maya cries and calls him an idiot. That's right. You ARE an idiot, Mitsuomi-kun...

Now, we are back to the Present Arc and it's still straight out of the manga. Maya and Mitsuomi talk a bit in the dojo, and then go on to find Aya.

Meanwhile, Masataka is having his regular lecherous dreams about Aya. Hilarious stuff, as always. Bunshichi was pretty funny, but Masataka totally rules the comedy department in my opinion. Seki Tomokazu is a GOD among seiyuu. 8)

Anyway, they wake up and go to school. At the same time, Bunshichi finishes his tale at Chiaki's place.

OK... this is the place where EVERYTHING goes to hell!!! Forget the manga, we're in ANIME HEAVEN... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Masa and Aya are met at the gates of the school by Isuzu, who pull a couple of HUGE knifes out of you-know-where when Aya declines to give up Reiki. Mitsuomi and Maya arrive as well, kick some crap out of Masa and pursue Aya. On their back are Bob and Nagi on a motorcycle.

Wow.... forget the Maya/Aya fight.... we are going straight to business. If you ever wondered what would a fight between Mitsuomi and non-supersayan-ed Nagi look like, well here is your chance.

Let's just say that the fight between Nagi and Mitsuomi blows not only the Nagi/Masa fight from episode 2, it blows the rest of the 23 episodes outta here. There are no words I can bring up right now to describe it's coolness. You've GOTTA see it. 8)

Anyway... the slug it out (in full motion!!!) for some time untill Aya finally realizes that being a unreliable crybaby and general bitch is not really worth Nagi's death, so she gives up Reiki to Maya and the rest of the gang and does the whole ganbare-encouragement speach to Nagi.

So... Nagi and Mitsuomi are ready for another round, but Maya intervenes, gives Nagi the ol' "getattahere" puch and flirts with Mitsuomi a bit. Her proposal is to habe a Shikoubu vs. Jyuukenbu tournmanet to settle in all in a "civilized" way. Mitsuomi, unable to withstand her womanly wiles (I swear, Maya tried to look "charming" there for a second), argees.

So, this is it... Maya gathers the troops, gives them the pep talk and it's that damnable "Aishteru moooottooo..." once again. For the ending they had a very sweet sequence of all the group photo's with everyone hugging and being happy. Jyuukenbu, the Enforcers, old Katana, old Jyuukenbu, the tournament groups, Shin and Mana, pretty much everyone. Awww... so shweet... 8)

And that's all, folks! This is the end. They did it differently, but boooy, did they knock it out of the water. This was one of the coolest endings I've seen in some time, especially considering the overall mediocricity of the rest of the series.

There is certainly a possible setup for the second season, if they choose to do one. And with all the changes, the manga still is valid, so they could start with volume 9 any time they want to.

Wow... this is fun. 8)
Ruroni
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Ruroni »

Ah good. Didnt read your post because I didnt wanna spoil myself, seeing as the anime is slightly different or something.

But, as long as there is a possible setup for a second season, we are green. :) I thought Ten Ten was fairly popular right?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:OK, episode 24....
Dude, all of that happened under thirty minutes?!? :shock:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If anyone's interested, I've posted a some general screenshots in my blog.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mrprophet/53078.html
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

MrProphet wrote:If anyone's interested, I've posted a some general screenshots in my blog.

whoa... nice. looks like the animation went way up. Can't wait to (eventually) see this episode. 8)
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

Damn, your episode 23 overview didn't quite do it, but now I have to start badgering network admins to open some ports so I can do proper torrentWaReZ.

Great coverage here throughout the series.
Last edited by Rooster on Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:If anyone's interested, I've posted a some general screenshots in my blog.

Those pics as the credits are rolling are nice. The characters there are like a bunch of actors and actresses posing at the set or something. :cool:
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Oh yeah... almost forgot the most important thing...

You know what's Nagi secret weapon against Mitsuomi? A photo of Mits and Mana kissing, taken by Tawara. 8) 8) Added that screenshot to the entry, and also a couple shots of Chiaki in her school uniform. Kawaiiiii... 8)
Mellow Yellow
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Mellow Yellow »

Awesome. Thanks for the screencaps MrProphet :D This ep looks hilarious, I can't wait to see it hehe.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:Added that screenshot to the entry, and also a couple shots of Chiaki in her school uniform. Kawaiiiii... 8)
A challenger to Isuzu's necktie?! :shock: :P

Just wondering, was this part shown after the credits?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Nope, it was somewhere during the Mits/Nagi fight. Chiaki overslept, so she had to run to school. She blamed Bob, of course 8)

Actually, at first I've thought that she was a little office lady, before I noticed the skirt.
Isuzu
Kouhai
Kouhai

Post by Isuzu »

Dammit. Episode 24 totally sucked for me.

First, Aya totally thrashes her (which was totally unnecessary *mpf*), and then, this idiotic dolt called Bob snoozes into her face.

Damn. Why do I have the slight feeling that Isuzu is getting reduced to being to one who's laughed at? No fair.
Bomb me, please.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Ha, a slap for Mitsuomi and a punch for Souichirou. Interesting alteration to the events of that day, but it sheds light on the fact that Mitsuomi isn't going to stand a chance against "supersayan" Souichirou. Ha, Mr. Prophet, I think I'll use that when describing powered up Souichirou from now on. Interesting how the anime had Bob not involved in the fight. The fight resembled one between two guys over a girl. I wonder what Oh! Great thought of the changes. Have to give props to Mad House for saving some of the best animation for the last episode. Geez, it was like they only tried on the first few and the last one.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Oops, forgot to include this with my previous post up top, but any news on whether or not the next chapter is going to be in the new issue of UJ which is supposed to come out in a few days.
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

Sorry guys the previous post. I just found the answer to my own question. I visited s.manga.net. Interesting preview. Souirchirou surrounded by a bunch of guys on bikes. They better not be those loser armoured division guys again. Those poor bastards just seem like human punching bags. [/url]http://www.s-manga.net/mens/uj.html[url][/url]
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Just watched episodes 21-23...

All I can say is, WOW.

Damn hell. Episode 23 was the best out of the 3, and I especially liked the music in the anime. It was really able to capture the mood perfectly. Watching Shin getting the beating of his life was difficult and so was seeing Mitsuomi reduced to bloody pulp later on.

It makes me wonder how things would be like if the Takayanagi Clan or Dougen just kept their grubby hands all to themselves. Then again, Shin pretty much sealed his fate after touching Reiki. A great story of the rise and fall of great men, and their powerful yet fragile lives... The past arc at its best. 8)

Now, I have to hunt down episode 24...!
v(^o^)v
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by v(^o^)v »

MrProphet wrote:OK, episode 24....

And that's all, folks! This is the end. They did it differently, but boooy, did they knock it out of the water. This was one of the coolest endings I've seen in some time, especially considering the overall mediocricity of the rest of the series.

There is certainly a possible setup for the second season, if they choose to do one. And with all the changes, the manga still is valid, so they could start with volume 9 any time they want to.

Wow... this is fun. 8)
whaaat!! 24eps only,i thought this anime will end to episode 26 or 25 :cry:
anyway
those are nice screen caps in your blog, can't can't wait for the sub ver of 20-24 :D
Tiza
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Tiza »

What the hell, just 24 episodes? :evil: (That's ok though, I don't have anymore disk space :P )

BTW MrProphet, great caps. Thanks.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

just saw 24... wow. just wow. screencaps as usual, though I went a little nuts since this was the last TV episode (though MrProphet took away from it already... .BASTARD!! jk jkjk). 72. count 'em, 72 screencaps... mad spoilers as usual :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
zip
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zip »

so they changed how it ends... looks cool though
Shaggy McDaddy
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Shaggy McDaddy »

I was really disapointed with episode 24. It looked good but besides finally having decent animation I thought it was a pretty stupid episode. And a very poor attempt at an ending.

It would of been so much better if they put more effort into animating the Shin vs Mitsuomi fight and with episode 24 just continued on with the original story. Ending the series with Maya and Mitsuomi agreeing to stop fighting until the Election Tournament without the pointless and stupid Nagi vs Mitsuomi fight, would of been so much better.

They followed the manga so closely through the entire series and then for no reason they change it for the last episode and screw it up badly. All in all I wasn't very impressed by the anime as a whole but the last episode was really the biggest let down of all for me.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

I was really disapointed with episode 24. It looked good but besides finally having decent animation I thought it was a pretty stupid episode. And a very poor attempt at an ending.

I haven't watched it, but I'm inclined to agree.

"Time for the 'boob job' I owe you, Tawara-san."

Oh good lord... :shock: I really didn't need to see this...
Takayanagi Mitsuomi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Takayanagi Mitsuomi »

anyone know it it will have a second season??!
" The ultimate warrior"
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

only time will tell. IMO, I doubt it as TT as a anime wasn't THAT good to warrant a 2nd season but who knows. If the DVD sales do decent and there's a good amount of fan response, they might do a 2nd season.

so cross your fingers and hope.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Oh man... I still haven't seen this yet. :x Anyway...

From the reactions here so far, it seems to me that the anime really didn't have a choice of where to end this season. If it went any further, either Dragon Gates or F will be thrown into the mix, and that's not a good way to end this season either.

In my opinion, ending it with the end of the past arc is actually worse--because an attempt to go full circle wouldn't be even made. With that said, I presume the staff are reserving the more "F-centric" arcs for a possible second season.

Cool caps as usual, moy. :)

Bob wearing a Chiaki t-shirt...priceless!
pv82
Sensei
Sensei

Post by pv82 »

moyism wrote:only time will tell. IMO, I doubt it as TT as a anime wasn't THAT good to warrant a 2nd season but who knows. If the DVD sales do decent and there's a good amount of fan response, they might do a 2nd season.

so cross your fingers and hope.
I would hope they did, since IMO the best parts of the manga happened after the Begining and Past Arc, but if they are going are going to follow the manga as faithfully as they did this season, I don't think there will be any new episodes out for a while. Even though there's alot of action, can you make a full season out of Vol 8-13?

BTW, nice avatar. are you going to watch it as soon as it hit the FOXBOX :twisted:
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ lol, yea right. They're going to kill One Piece on the FoxBox.

I mean come on, they're changing Sanji's cigs to lolipops.
Takayanagi Mitsuomi
Yuurei
Yuurei

Post by Takayanagi Mitsuomi »

Dont u think that that final that they gave at the episode 24 is kinda strange, i think they overpowered Souichiro and kinda took the mean for all the training that he will do (at the manga at least) to defeat Mitsuomi since both of them were fighting equally already... And I really think Mitsuomi is MUCH stronger than Souichiro at that point... Thanks
" The ultimate warrior"
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

If anyone's interested what kind of ratings Tenjou Tenge TV has been pulling, well, here's my take on this.

For a show that runs after midnight and is more seinen oriented, TJTG has been doing rather well. In general, it pulled 2-3% of the audience, on par with such seinen shows as GANTZ, Monster, Saiyuki Reload Gunlock or Samurai Champloo.

Of course, it's nothing stellar compared to general shounen stuff that runs in prime time, and I would never have expected TJTG to gather something of the magnitude of Full Metal Alchemist (6-8%), Naruto(8-9%), or monsters like One Piece, Maitanten Conan or InuYasha (all above 10% of the audience), but for the show of it's class... it's pretty decent.

As for whether that means a second season is possible is a good question. But my personal opinion is, it's probable. The shows I listed above (GANTZ, Saiyuki, Monster) are all based on long-running popular manga, and GANTZ has already gotten a second season (although, admitedly, those were 13 episode seasons). So, it's possible. Although I doubt it will be this year, or even next spring. The "F" storyline is nowhere near finished, so they'd either have to wait, or make up their own stuff. With the 1st 24 episodes the new ending was painless. But the F Arc is nowhere near the end, so it's not going to be as well made, if they just come up with their own stuff.

That's all I had to say.
zangetsu
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by zangetsu »

So that's it, huh? Man, Kurie's one or two fans must be pissed.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

I can't remember, but did they put in the 'fat Isuzu' bit in the anime ? :?
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yeah... It was pretty much the same was as in the manga.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

MrProphet wrote:For a show that runs after midnight and is more seinen oriented, TJTG has been doing rather well. In general, it pulled 2-3% of the audience, on par with such seinen shows as GANTZ, Monster, Saiyuki Reload Gunlock or Samurai Champloo.
That's good to hear. It's still a big "if" though. As for a probable second season--I'd say there's better chance for that when there are more manga volumes to go around with. (Probably 5 or 6 volumes more?) Then, there are also the production details to discuss. Hopefully, a bigger budget will be part of that.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

I am actually thinking not in terms of a larger budget, but more in terms of moving to a different, more liberal network. A satellite network would've been perfect.

Moving to a satellite has done wonders to GANTZ... nudity, sex and bloody violence included. Not that Tenjou Tenge has a lot of it in it's latter days, but still, being on a non-regular cable network would definitely help it in the "risque" area.

But that's, of course, purely speculative at this point.