Question/Finding about TT

Tenjo Tenge: Where the boys are bad, and the girls are badder.

Moderator: FuguTabetai

HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Question/Finding about TT

Post by HappyStealer »

Well I remember reading volume 1 and in it, it said that when Bob and Nagi joined, that day was the birth of the strongest member in the history of the jyuuken group. If they say that, its either nagi or bob thats the strongest and I doubt its bob. So i'd say so far in todou, Nagi is the strongest since Mitsuomi, Bunisichi, and Shin were the original founders of the Jyuuken club. I'm not sure whatever stuff are stronger outside of todou academy but it seems to me like NAgi is the strongest inside the school. Anyone got any feedback on this?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Nagi has the potential, he's only strong when he opens his Dragon Gate, he's 'weak' against real fighters when he is in 'normal mode'.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Nagi isn't the strongest inside the school.

But he could be...in the future. However, we aren't even sure of what this "strongest" really means at the moment. If you've noticed, the strongest fighters in the school have suffered for their strength in one way or another--so we'll see how this turns out.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Are you talking about something that happened after volume 11 then ? I must be falling back :(

Could you tell more ? UNLESS it happened after volume 11 :)
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Perhaps he is referring to the fact that Nagi could have been eaten by his Dragon...

Or that he exploded his Mom's arm...

Or that his dad is experimenting on him...

I dunno, take your pick! :shock:
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

the strongest fighters in the school have suffered for their strength in one way or another
I was asking about that one, sorry I should've bene more clear :P

And I asked nothing about anything that happened after volume 11 :cry:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well lets see... strongest fighters have endured a lot to get stronger. Shin lost his mind practically, Mitsuomi basically can only fight for 3 mins top and he has no fighting spirit really anymore, BUnshichi has done so much he wants to just live a normal life which really hasn't happened, Maya lost her brother and "lost her lover", Nagi is always getting consumed by the dragon or loses his mind, Makiko lost her arms and eye, Masataka is still not accepted by his brother and the takayanagi family, Aya is fighting with herself, her sis, and everything else around her, and bob got stronger because of the rape of Chiaka
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

wait a minute.... if nagi gets teh dragon fist from his mom, does that mean he might have a 2nd dragon ability? since his pops was also a red feather family with an unkown dragon ability?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Banorac wrote:
the strongest fighters in the school have suffered for their strength in one way or another
I was asking about that one, sorry I should've bene more clear :P

And I asked nothing about anything that happened after volume 11 :cry:
Sorry if I wasn't being clear. Anyway, HappyStealer pretty much nailed down what I was trying to say in his second post in this discussion.
HappyStealer wrote:wait a minute.... if nagi gets teh dragon fist from his mom, does that mean he might have a 2nd dragon ability? since his pops was also a red feather family with an unkown dragon ability?
Some of us also wondered about this, but not much has been revealed so far.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

HappyStealer wrote:well lets see... strongest fighters have endured a lot to get stronger. Shin lost his mind practically, Mitsuomi basically can only fight for 3 mins top and he has no fighting spirit really anymore, BUnshichi has done so much he wants to just live a normal life which really hasn't happened, Maya lost her brother and "lost her lover", Nagi is always getting consumed by the dragon or loses his mind, Makiko lost her arms and eye, Masataka is still not accepted by his brother and the takayanagi family, Aya is fighting with herself, her sis, and everything else around her, and bob got stronger because of the rape of Chiaka
You think Bunshichi "lost" was his normal life? dunno.. seems like if it was JUST that, he got off easier than most of the cast.

Masataka... where are you getting he's not accepted in the takayanagi family? If anything, as of current it would Mitsuomi who wouldn't be accepted since he basically overthrew his father. I don't think there was any mention nor any real scenes that showed Masataka not being part of the takayanagi family. I mean come on, when his father got kicked out he still stuck w/ him when he *could* have stayed with Mitsuomi.

Aya, I see it more fighting for better control of the Dragon Eye (much like Shin tried) and winning over Nagi's feelings of love (like that will ever happen). I don't think she's really fighting w/ Maya or everything else around her. If anything, the Maya thing is just sibling rivalry ;)

Bob, yea I can agree part of his "lost" was his gf getting raped but I think he'll more "lost" down the future. Even in current chapters, one can start to see how Bob is lost against the other sea of fighters not exactly knowing how to get stronger and protect what he believes is right.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Doh, I was thinking too hard that I didn't see the obvious, staded by HappyStealer :roll:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Actually I do see Bunschichi's biggest problem is not having a normal life. And to me, tho its not as big as the other's it is a problem that abnormal people deal with even in real life. Sometimes people long for that normal life, having a nice high school year, and stuff like that but Bunshichi seems like he can never escape the fact that he is one fo the strongest in the school so people turn to him when things go wrong or people know he's strong so they go after him. This causes him to not live the "normal" high school life. ANd that is a major issue even if it doesn't seem like its big.

And I do believe that it is hard for aya to deal with her sister and her surroundings. Having the dragon's eye doesn't make it any easier on a high school girl. Her surroundings, "F", the concept of the red feather families, all these are a part of her surroundings and she has to deal wiht it. You can say its sibling rivalry but techinially if ti was sibling rivalry, Maya would be going after Nagi too. Its more of a jealousy factor she has and jealousy is a common issue, somethign I dont consider- Sibling rivalry.

And the masataka thing, I kinda phrase that wrong, I mean mitusomi doesn't accept Masa's strength to be a potential warrior. Kinda said takayanagi on accident. WRote that in a hurry. PLus he also has that issue with the Aya-Nagi thingy.

I find it interesting how takayanagi has nagi in it... LOL I'm stupid
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

HappyStealer wrote:I find it interesting how takayanagi has nagi in it... LOL I'm stupid
To VGC ( VG Cats ) that ;

YOUR STATEMENT IS * SILLY* ! :p

Or maybe it isn't, I don't know Japanese :roll:
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

Banorac wrote:
HappyStealer wrote:I find it interesting how takayanagi has nagi in it... LOL I'm stupid

It is two characters. "Taka" and "Yanagi". No Japanese person would see "Yanagi" and think it had anything to do with Nagi.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

HappyStealer wrote:And I do believe that it is hard for aya to deal with her sister and her surroundings. Having the dragon's eye doesn't make it any easier on a high school girl. Her surroundings, "F", the concept of the red feather families, all these are a part of her surroundings and she has to deal wiht it. You can say its sibling rivalry but techinially if ti was sibling rivalry, Maya would be going after Nagi too. Its more of a jealousy factor she has and jealousy is a common issue, somethign I dont consider- Sibling rivalry.
Who says Maya hasn't gone after Nagi? There's always been hints and clues that Maya may actually have some type of feelings for him. She doesn't necessarily have to be so open about it like Aya does, but still. Surroundings huh? well, if you put it that way I think almost all the characters have difficulties w/ it. There's no way any of them have control with all the crazy shit Mitsuomi and Nagi's dad is pulling. So yea, don't totally agree with how you see Aya's issues :?
And the masataka thing, I kinda phrase that wrong, I mean mitusomi doesn't accept Masa's strength to be a potential warrior. Kinda said takayanagi on accident. WRote that in a hurry. PLus he also has that issue with the Aya-Nagi thingy.
Ah... Yea, Masataka def. has issues about the whole Aya-Nagi relationship but it's defintely not a "lost" in that sense. That's just common anime/manga-HS love crap.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

well I'm not saying that aya is one of the strongest I jsut think she is getting stronger because of the issues she deals with so far. EWVerything surrounding her has made her become what she is now.

Sorry didnt mean the nagi thing as a referral of japanese chars. just thought ti was interesting how it was translated into english and how when its in english it has the nagi in takayanagi... :D
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

I do think that Aya has somewhat suffered due to her power--though when her experiences are compared to Shin's, hers seem to be quite trivial and even silly. Because of being born with the Dragon's Eye, she can't help but see those things which even she doesn't want to see, and I guess that tears her up inside in a way.

As for me--those characters who've truly endured a lot for their strength are Shin, Mitsuomi, Maya and Bunshichi. Nagi is on that road right now and perhaps Bob. Moreover, I say Maya because I believe that she's become a stronger person after the events of the past--both physically and mentally.

Masataka isn't quite there yet since he seems to be more focused in trying to gain the approval of his older brother. That, and his "Aya-chan" issues.
moyism wrote:If anything, as of current it would Mitsuomi who wouldn't be accepted since he basically overthrew his father.
Does Mitsuomi even need to be accepted? I don't know...but he is the current head and that pretty much says something. Perhaps there are some family members who continue to resent him, but as things stand he's in a good position right now. If all his plans work out in the end, I don't think anyone in the clan would be complaining at all...save for a few old members of the past generation.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Also wasn't Mitsuomi already accepted by the Takayanagi family because they tried to make him into the "true warrior" SO he was technically "The Chosen ONe" of the takayanagi family. Dougen jsut didn't expect him to betray him. What a sucker
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

kujoe, you couldn't have said it any better. 8)

I'm still wondering about Masataka though. Seems kind of shallow that everything he's been through so far is just for the approval of Mitsuomi. I'm hoping he has more going than just that.... hmm.

you always bring up another good point kujoe, what's the take of everything that's been happening in the takayangai clan? We never really get any insight to how other members/families reacted to Mitsuomi's takeover. I can see how other members would be agreeing with him, since he pretty much got rid of anyone who wouldn't follow his lead but it seems if Mitsuomi "needed" to be accepted or already has it's been a forceful one at that. :twisted:

Dougen was the head of the takayanagi family correct? So I assume any offsprings he has would automatically be part (thereby "accepted") by the clan. I could only guess that once Mitsuomi did his hostile takeover, there were some that didn't accept him but I'm guessing they're complaining that to the fishes right now ;)

I know, at least how I read it, that Dougen thought Mitsuomi was the "true warrior" and that's why he got Shin to do what he did. Don't think Mistuomi becoming the "true warrior" has anything to do about him being accepted, just something Dougen wanted to see through. Too bad Dougen was wrong about that one? There's always hope w/ Masataka :D
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Haha, but I don't know what Masa would really be fighting for? Masa is cool and everything, maybe a bit on the perv side than most people in TT. WHat I'm wondering is if Oh Great is really gonna try the Maya/Nagi relationship? oh well but all I can say is Makiko is by far the hottest female ever in japanese manga. Could anybody look better without any arms? .
EliteF22
Senpai
Senpai

Post by EliteF22 »

This should really be its own topic, but here are some reasons why I think that Oh! Great is going to pursue the Maya/Nagi relationship. One, she actually understands what he tries to say, example when he was trying to encourage Aya on the roof of the bowling alley. This also works the in the other direction, he got the meaning of her little tyrade after he, Aya, and Mouki went to Kyushu. Aya also mentioned that Maya didn't even realize that she liked Nagi on the bowling alley roof. Also, Maya went off to find Nagi after he his dad kidnapped him. I'm not sure if Maya picked up on Nagi's "confession" right before Mouki showed up at the Natsume residence, but you if take into account the vagueness in how she asks Makiko to let her guide and protect Nagi, it could be seen as a sort of reciprocation of Nagi's feelings. Wow, this was a lot longer than I thought it would be.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

moyism: Hey, thanks for the compliment. :wink:
moyism wrote:I'm still wondering about Masataka though. Seems kind of shallow that everything he's been through so far is just for the approval of Mitsuomi. I'm hoping he has more going than just that.... hmm.
Masataka's predicament does seem kind of shallow for now. Even his resurfacing issues with regard to Aya and Nagi also seems to be shallow. I mean, despite Nagi having whined in the past for his weakness, he was at least relatively mature about his feelings for Maya. In the end, he just wanted to get stronger. Heck, even Aya has somewhat accepted that Nagi likes Maya more. She even has started to get better for her own sake...and of course, for her "Souichirou-sama" as well.

I wish I could say the same about Masataka. Hopefully, this True Warrior bit may actually tie in with his relationship with his older brother and not just remain as something on the background of his character.
moyism wrote:what's the take of everything that's been happening in the takayangai clan?
Well, from what we at least can tell, there's definitely a gap between the old and the new. This can pretty much be seen between F and the old masters that helped train Nagi. Whether it's just a simple case of a typical generation gap at work or a divide in world views, that much can be seen.

As for Maya/Nagi--who knows where that will end up in, or if it's even happening at all? If Oh! Great would go this route, it'll also look like a 180 degree turn after building up everything that has happened so far: Aya with her "Souichirou-sama, please marry me" attitude, red feather resonance, etc. Wherever her Dragon's Eye will lead her seems to be tied with Nagi's Dragon's Fist among other things.

And yet, Oh! Great going for a Maya/Nagi route also seems so natural at the same time. Oh, the suspense! :P With that said, the next chapter better show some Maya and Makiko goodness in order to make up for these two months or I'll go crazy..! :lol:

On a more serious note, I'd rather see some closure between Maya and Mitsuomi and whatever is left between them. Whether they'll rekindle the old flame or move on from each other isn't really the point--just closure. Regardless of what may happen, I hope that TT won't end up as some sappy romantic story that leads to angst and whatnot.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

yea this wait for new TT has been a huge pain. And yea I didn't feel like starting a new topic for the maya/nagi thingy because I dont like creating too many topics in a forum. I think its a waste of space to create too many, especially repeated topics.

Well it be nice to have some closure between mitsuomi and maya but it seems that Mitsuomi's role is starting to decrease as the manga keeps going. Personally to me it seems like Oh Great is getting ready to kill off mistuomi, which has been hinted in many occasions. Him only being able to live for 2-3 more years and stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to kill him off as they are trying to get us less "acquainted" with mitsuomi. Lets hope it doesn't go the Mitsuomi dies so maya dies with him side-by-side bs. I think I've seen enough of that in manga already. *this also kinda gives me reason that Oh Great might do the nagi/maya thingy so it can get out of the "norm"*

As for the nagi/maya thing, if they "do" kill off mitsuomi, it can either turn one way or the other. I still don't see enough reason/clues that maya likes nagi in return. She treats him more like an annoying little brother but maybe aya knows more about her onee-chan than I do? :roll:
Maybe it will just turn into a threesome? who knows..... :twisted:

Btw, the nagi family demon exorcists can take other dragon users abilities? Am I wrong or am i not understanding the manga too well? Because nagi was able to use Ishiyumi's arrow and ishiyumi can no longer use it. And if nagi does become a "flying dragon" instead of the black dragon, does this mean his hair will change to blue or some other color? I've always been wondering that.

I agree too that they really need to pump up masa's character. I haven't really seen much progression from him in terms of character development.

Also its nice to have people respond in a forum. Its great to hear all the feedback you guys/gals have.
FuguTabetai
Shifu
Shifu

Post by FuguTabetai »

HappyStealer wrote: Btw, the nagi family demon exorcists can take other dragon users abilities? Am I wrong or am i not understanding the manga too well? Because nagi was able to use Ishiyumi's arrow and ishiyumi can no longer use it. And if nagi does become a "flying dragon" instead of the black dragon, does this mean his hair will change to blue or some other color? I've always been wondering that.
The way it is explained in the manga is that Nagi's inner dragon can devour other people's abilities, and when it does that, Nagi himself becomes able to use the power in some way. But it is always clear that there is a real fight between Nagi and his Dragon - it is greedy, and also wants to devour Nagi himself. It isn't something that is as simple as "he takes their power and uses it".

His hair changes to black when he has opened his Dragon's gate. I doubt it would ever change to another color, and certainly not when he isn't super-saiyan'ed up.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

HappyStealer wrote:Well it be nice to have some closure between mitsuomi and maya but it seems that Mitsuomi's role is starting to decrease as the manga keeps going. Personally to me it seems like Oh Great is getting ready to kill off mistuomi, which has been hinted in many occasions. Him only being able to live for 2-3 more years and stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to kill him off as they are trying to get us less "acquainted" with mitsuomi. Lets hope it doesn't go the Mitsuomi dies so maya dies with him side-by-side bs. I think I've seen enough of that in manga already. *this also kinda gives me reason that Oh Great might do the nagi/maya thingy so it can get out of the "norm"*
Yea, closure on the whole Maya and Mitsuomi would be nice. I think Mitsuomi role is only decrease for now since they introduced Nagi Big BadAss of a Dad but I can see Mitsuomi playing an important role in the future. Not only in his hope of starting a 1000/10000 yr war but probably also in stopping Nagi's Dad from doing what he's doing (Maya + Mitsuomi teamup! Come on! :D ). Also can't see Mitsuomi being killed off easily; there's going be some big consequences to that or/and how he would die. LOL, nagi/maya relationship to get back to "norm"... good one. Call me baised, but I still don't think Nagi deserves any of the Natsume women... no real reason behind it, but Nagi still hasn't grown enough for me to live with it :evil:
kujoe wrote:I wish I could say the same about Masataka. Hopefully, this True Warrior bit may actually tie in with his relationship with his older brother and not just remain as something on the background of his character
Yea, I hope so too. With us discussing this it is making me realize Masataka really hasn't grown that much compared to the rest of the crew. :(
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

FuguTabetai wrote:
Banorac wrote:

It is two characters. "Taka" and "Yanagi". No Japanese person would see "Yanagi" and think it had anything to do with Nagi.
I'm learning everey day :D

Tako was squid right ? :) So what's Taka :)
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

moyism wrote:Also can't see Mitsuomi being killed off easily; there's going be some big consequences to that or/and how he would die. LOL, nagi/maya relationship to get back to "norm"... good one.
Well, I'm not sure if you just made a typo error, but he said "out of the norm" not back to it. :wink: I'm not sure if that will be the case--but if that happens, it'll look so sudden. There just hasn't been enough foreshadowing clues leading to such a possibility...unless of course, if Maya starts really showing some clearer signs. Her actions could've been easily interpreted as her being like an older sister to him after all. Nagi on the other hand is simply content on being the "soldier" for his "captain."

However I'm sure that some Masataka fans would rejoice at this prospect, since that makes Aya officially available for the guy. :roll: :wink:

Anyway, we'll see how this turns out.
Banorac wrote:Tako was squid right ? :) So what's Taka :)
I think it's the character, taka--as in takai or high. (高柳 ~ Takayanagi)
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ ah, I read it wrong somehow. haha... thanks for clearing that up.

anyway, I still say it's anyone's game on what possible relationships there might be between the various cast. The only two I can think that are definite ar Bob and Chiaki(sp) & Nagi's parents (however messed up that might be). :shock:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Heh so the dragon is a "double edged sword". Pretty nifty. Yea its any man's game on relationships but lets hope we see more maya and makiko in 79. and a lil nagi just for the hell of it.
MrProphet
Bushi
Bushi

Post by MrProphet »

Yeah, Mitsuomi's name is 高柳光臣, which is literally "Tall Willow, Vessel of Light". 8)
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

heh the name sounds very interesting maybe a lil fruity but non the less cool.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

MrProphet wrote:Yeah, Mitsuomi's name is 高柳光臣, which is literally "Tall Willow, Vessel of Light". 8)
That damned hippie :twisted:
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

heh hippie..... btw, I've come under the impression that the nagi family is the strongest or ranks in the top 3 in the phoenix families. Why I say this? Because all the other families despise and close off the nagi family. WHy would you despise this family if it weren't because you were A) Jealous of them or B) Fear them. They prob fear or despise the demon exorcists since it is very powerful. Maybe the nagi clan has done something in the past that made the other 11 families hate them but so far there has been no clue's pointing in that direction so that's why i see it mroe toward they hate/fear the demon exorcists because of its power. Man that picture of maya in chapter 78, the one where nagi is about to scream but gets stoppped and maya is boarding the train, she looked beautiful. That was a real nice side view of her. :D
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

The Nagi family has been a sort of police force who come knocking at your door if you've been a naughty person. Remember the "Family that becomes demons in order to hunt demons"? Even if one hasn't done anything to merit their attention, it isn't illogical to hate and/or fear them.

And yes, they are strong, becauce of what they are. You don't send hippies after people like Mataza.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Rooster wrote:The Nagi family has been a sort of police force who come knocking at your door if you've been a naughty person.
Yeah, I've seen it in this way too--besides the fact that the nature of the Dragon's Fist is sort of "controversial." In a way, that's why they're called exorcists.

It's just sort of ironic that they're in a bad position in the present.

But what if the Nagi Clan was the one that started going crazy, you ask? Well, I suppose that's where the entire red feathers come in.
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Tako was squid right ?
Literally. Figuratively can also mean 'dumbass' or 'pervert'.

They prob fear or despise the demon exorcists since it is very powerful. Maybe the nagi clan has done something in the past that made the other 11 families hate them but so far there has been no clue's pointing in that direction so that's why i see it mroe toward they hate/fear the demon exorcists because of its power.
IMO, they're afraid because the Nagis can steal their family powers.

The Nagi family has been a sort of police force who come knocking at your door if you've been a naughty person.
While I don't disagree with that concept, I don't think that's really been proven or indicated. For all we know, they might just have been the Takayanagi's supernatural hitmen or something. Becoming 'a demon to hunt demons' is not really indicative of anything except that the Nagis have to pay a heavy price for their power.
Rooster
Tamashii
Tamashii

Post by Rooster »

While I don't disagree with that concept, I don't think that's really been proven or indicated. For all we know, they might just have been the Takayanagi's supernatural hitmen or something. Becoming 'a demon to hunt demons' is not really indicative of anything except that the Nagis have to pay a heavy price for their power.
By "police force", I didn't mean they were righteous defenders of justice or anything of that sort, so yes, they could've been hitmen. Yeah, you can't squeeze too much out of that quote, I originally included it just for the hunting part. It implies on some level that it is more of a duty than a hobby for their family, though I don't remember anyone questioning that either.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

The thing I wonder is if the nagi family can take on the other red feather families by themselves. I mean that dragon would prob eat up everyone's abilities and use it for its own. Damn greedy dragon. :roll: Also, whats the difference between the white and red feathers? Because I read that the red's were like supporters while the white's were teh fighter's. But it doesn't make much sense to me. :cry: Fill me in anyone?
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

Red Feathers have 'magical/demonic' powers, while White Feathers have 'Fighting Techniques' Or maybe it was the other way around.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

^ nah, you got it right. Like the Takayangai clan would probably be a "white feather" family if it wasn't for the fact they rule over the clans.
Banorac
Sensei
Sensei

Post by Banorac »

They're more like the bird if you'd ask me :P
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I wonder if the takayanagi family treats the other families right because they have been by the takayanagi rule for a while. I wouldn't want to be ruled or dominated by basically a "king." So do these families exist under takayanagi rule for their own gain or because they are suppresed or because they are loyal?
Agent_Wax
Bushi
Bushi

Post by Agent_Wax »

Quote:
Tako was squid right ?

Literally. Figuratively can also mean 'dumbass' or 'pervert'.
Whoops. I just noticed my mistake. :oops:
Tako is octopus. Squid is ika.
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

HappyStealer wrote:The thing I wonder is if the nagi family can take on the other red feather families by themselves. I mean that dragon would prob eat up everyone's abilities and use it for its own. Damn greedy dragon. :roll:
Nah... I don't think so. Even though the Dragon's Fist can eat the abilities of others, it's not likely they'll be able to succeed. Just think of the strain the user has to go through to accomplish that, plus the fact that the Dragon's Eye will be against them in such a scenario. Moreover, the Nagi Clan doesn't have that much resources to survive something like that.

Just take a look at at the Takayanagi Clan. They have not shown any red feather Gate ability, but they rule. They have the power, the skill and the resources to do just that--to the point that they're held as the head clan. Even the various red feather families are its allies.

Well, I'm not saying that the Takayanagi Clan beat them all to the ground to get where they are now. It took a long time to create an established history and most likely, they used good ol' politics as well. Of course, some fights and conflicts also came their way...but yeah, I hope you get what I mean.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

I think I get whatcha mean. Usually the one's in power have a lot of influence and power in terms of military and politics. Doesn't technically they are teh strongest but because of their organization and ability of persuasion and other stuff , that what makes them the head of the clans right?
kujoe
Sensei
Sensei

Post by kujoe »

Yes, that's right. Of course, fighting skill also matters and I'm sure the Takayanagi Clan has that too. Their True Warrior legend is somewhat indicative of that.

I guess in this what-if scenario, it also depends on how many Dragon Fist users the Nagi Clan has and how many among them have mastered it. (If that's even possible at all..) With that said, I pity those who'll be sent to fight them. I'm sure the Nagi Clan will still put up one hell of a fight--but in the end, I still think they'll fail.
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

Nagi family can probably take on a clan at a time but if multiple clans gang up, they prob fail. Dragon probably consume them and everything else. Yea the takayanagi has a high fighters potential. but I don't think they are teh strongest tho. I just don't see them as teh strongest.
moyism
Senpai
Senpai

Post by moyism »

matters what you mean by "strongest." In the phsyical fighting scene, yes the Takayangai clan may not be the strongest. But in terms of world-real what will make or break lives they are. Being strong in strength alone is not good enough to be the "strongest" as one needs other qualities to do so.

Intelligence. Connections. Personality. Charism. One needs a good balance of everything to truly be the strongest. As mentioned already, the Takayanagi most likely rose to the top through years of fighting, both physically and non.

Anyway... :D
HappyStealer
Doushi
Doushi

Post by HappyStealer »

haha u are so right. i never thoguht of it that way. I usually think strength as strongest but when u put it that way, yea the takayanagi prob is strongest in those terms. Not sure about in fighting tho. oh and the japanese characters under every persons name is awesome. They look cool. already at tamashii. :D